• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

I swear I can never find a middle ground when it comes to lobbies in BBCS. Either everyone is just absolutely ridiculous or it's clear they picked up the game all of 10 minutes ago. I need a training buddy :(

Ferrio

Banned
DiscoShark said:
I swear I can never find a middle ground when it comes to lobbies in BBCS. Either everyone is just absolutely ridiculous or it's clear they picked up the game all of 10 minutes ago. I need a training buddy :(

psn ferrio

AAK

ffbxc3.gif

Anyone know how I'm supposed to unlock Hakumen's story? Online FAQ's all said to complete Tsubaki's campaign but it still doesn't do anything for me. Is my game glitched?

Ferrio

Banned
Man you guys are never on PSN.

Also I'm so free in the corner. Once I'm there I don't know what t he hell to do. Soon as I recover in the air or ground I just get hit again.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
AAK said:
Anyone know how I'm supposed to unlock Hakumen's story? Online FAQ's all said to complete Tsubaki's campaign but it still doesn't do anything for me. Is my game glitched?

I would try complete all ending for Jin first like someone suggested. Hakumen story line is one of my favor, you cannot miss it.

Himself

I hear there are multiple endings for each character's story mode. I finished it with Ragna last night and didn't get an ending whatsoever. Just a little smack-talking text and then that's it. Did I accidentally skip it or something?

I want to know how to get these funny endings...the "serious" stuff in the story mode doesn't do anything for me.

Ferrio

Banned
Hey jackholes, where are you? You tell me to stop playing MvC3 and play this.. I do... and everyone up and goes. The hell?!

Ferrio said:
Hey jackholes, where are you? You tell me to stop playing MvC3 and play this.. I do... and everyone up and goes. The hell?!
I was never here, because Platinum was never out.

I'm not even sure I've ever played this game before.

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
I was never here, because Platinum was never out.

I'm not even sure I've ever played this game before.

Not you! I don't even know who you are! And yes, the trolling loli would be fun to have :(

ApolloJoh

Surprisingly, I thought that I'd be playing Marvel less buuuut... :p.

Though yeah, either no one's on or no one messages/invites so I haven't bothered playing that much.

Played like 40+ matches against Fugu not too long ago though which was pretty fun.

Ferrio said:

You just got trollzama'ed. Jk. In all seriousness, I've been really tired from work lately so I've been either sleeping or hanging with gf. I played about 30 mins yesterday but that's about it. I'll be on later tonight

Yeah, is there a new GAF chat for CS2?
The CS one was dead a couple nights ago when I was on. Not that I'd be a formidable opponent or anything :p

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
Yeah, is there a new GAF chat for CS2?
The CS one was dead a couple nights ago when I was on. Not that I'd be a formidable opponent or anything :p

I've been on it whenever I log on. Usually on at nights Pacific time.

Ferrio

Banned
DunpealD said:
Just logged in. Guess we just missed each other.

I'm at work, that was just a general yelling at people for not being on lately. Later tonight I will be after my MvC3 match. Ugh, I'm going to do so terrible.

PSN: Ferrio

Also need so much more practice.

- Once i'm in a corner, I'm fucked. Swear whatever I do I just get hit again.
- Drop combos a lot, especially ones requiring a dash. Either don't dash far enough or a 6B comes out instead of a 5B

DunpealD

Ferrio said:
I'm at work, that was just a general yelling at people for not being on lately. Later tonight I will be after my MvC3 match. Ugh, I'm going to do so terrible.

PSN: Ferrio

Also need so much more practice.

- Drop combos a lot, especially ones requiring a dash. Either don't dash far enough or a 6B comes out instead of a 5B

I've just started playing BBCS, since I skipped pre-CS2patch. So don't expect too much from me. Well, if I'm not asleep by that time you're online.

Ferrio

Banned
DunpealD said:
I've just started playing BBCS, since I skipped pre-CS2patch. So don't expect too much from me. Well, if I'm not asleep by that time you're online.

We're in the same boat then, almost.

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
Surprisingly, I thought that I'd be playing Marvel less buuuut... :p.

Though yeah, either no one's on or no one messages/invites so I haven't bothered playing that much.

Played like 40+ matches against Fugu not too long ago though which was pretty fun.
Speaking of which, come at me bro. I was working on a lot of stuff then that I'm... still working on.

_dementia said:
I think I should just start playing on a pad to make dash canceling easier. This shit is just beyond me.
What are you dash cancelling with that it's hard?

Fugu said:
Speaking of which, come at me bro. I was working on a lot of stuff then that I'm... still working on.

What are you dash cancelling with that it's hard?
The timing after throwing my opponent into the corner with Hazama. It feels like there's a delay on how soon I'm allowed to dash, but I'm still always too slow to tag them with a dash xx 6C. Same with after landing the Jayoku distortion, I always get the 214 D~C followup, but have to resort to the bastardized 5D, 2C, 4D etc... CS1-esque combo because I always miss the dash xx 6D there too.Also, probably the biggest one is not dashing in time to extend my wallbounce combos from 236 D and get real damage.

hope the notation is correct :/

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
Alright, I'll shoot you an invite if I see you later when I get on/get done with Marvel if I decide to play it.

So I'm gathering that Tager v. Litchi is a lost cause ... dustloop seems to agree with me.

Also Score Attack. God dammit.

Edit : For me at least it feels like any matchup where Tager is on the defensive from the go (most of them) momentum never really shifts to your side until sparkbolt is charged up. The threat of that alone is really all that gets me out of the corner in most cases.

Fugu

DiscoShark said:
So I'm gathering that Tager v. Litchi is a lost cause ... dustloop seems to agree with me.

Also Score Attack. God dammit.

Edit : For me at least it feels like any matchup where Tager is on the defensive from the go (most of them) momentum never really shifts to your side until sparkbolt is charged up. The threat of that alone is really all that gets me out of the corner in most cases.
The main way to win this matchup is to use your sparkbolt properly. Seriously. I don't even know how to explain this without sounding like a douche. If you whiff your sparkbolt you're going to get hit for free and against Litchi that's not good because knockdowns don't usually occur in isolation against her. Generally, don't use sparkbolt the instant your bar fills up, don't use it while you're both just sitting on a near fullscreen distance and don't use it during a combo unless you're absolutely sure it's going to kill them (you probably know all of this). Specifically against Litchi, don't use it while she's in the air because she has a huge number of ways to stall her air time (staff super j.D kote) and you will be baited if you have a habit of using sparkbolt on landing. It is relatively easy to catch Litchi backdashing with it and you can hit her at any time through her command backdash as well. Also, a lot of Litchis like to put the staff down to set up pressure; Sparkbolt will both beat the staff and probably hit Litchi in the process, so watch out for this.If they Itsuu without a followup or with a bad follow up (not Itsuu B) time your sparkbolt to hit them as they're breaking stance because it will get a CH. She has a very quick jump though, so you might want to practice this.

If you land a sparkbolt, Litchi has very strong but very few options for dealing with magnetized pressure; If you get too predictable with when you pull Litchi in you will see a lot of Itsuu crap (the Itsuu will autoblock whatever you do and then she'll follow up for a free punish) so be prepared for this either by... not being predictable or not following up, because there's no such thing as a safe Itsuu followup and if she cancels you can catch her easily with an A and if she doesn't, block and do what you think is appropriate (I jump out, so a strong option against me would be collider; 360 is good if you think they won't). She can also DP or use the invincibility frames on her staff super to punish the holes in your string so try to stay as legit as possible with your pressure. Also watch out for/expect 5/2A like every other character. On the inverse, if your opponent DPs too much, regular block her DP and make her eat shit (barrier will only hurt you here).

If you don't land a sparkbolt... I don't know too much about actually approaching Litchi but I can tell you that her pokes are a lot less dangerous than they used to be and you shouldn't be afraid of moving in between them. Staff pressure involves a lot of unsafe business so look for places to sledge. Staffless pressure is a little more complicated and there's no real way to deal with it other than to react well because staffless, her gatlings are very open-ended and she can jump cancel virtually everything. However, staffless pressure is also less scary because close range is certainly not Litchi's optimum range and it's more advantageous for you to keep her there as long as you can. On that note, you should barrier as little as possible on the ground because in this matchup, you don't need or want distance (I doubt Tager does in any matchup, but it's particularly bad for him in this one). Finally, if you ever see a rekka, now is your time to make your move.

This matchup isn't as bad as it used to be. It is most dangerous because it requires you to play awake.

danmaku

Ferrio said:

Maybe it's an old trick, but anyway... when you get up hold 1A+B+C (or 4A+B+C). If the opponents goes for a throw, you'll tech. I he attacks, you'll barrier block and push him away a little. Just don't hold the buttons for too long, because after 5 frames you'll be vulnerable to a throw counter. Aside from that, getting out of the corner is hard... it's my problem as well.

danmaku said:
Maybe it's an old trick, but anyway... when you get up hold 1A+B+C (or 4A+B+C). If the opponents goes for a throw, you'll tech. I he attacks, you'll barrier block and push him away a little. Just don't hold the buttons for too long, because after 5 frames you'll be vulnerable to a throw counter. Aside from that, getting out of the corner is hard... it's my problem as well.

Just be aware that that's not foolproof either. If I do a jab then throw you, it counters your throw break.

Also, GGs to Seph yesterday. Feels good to drop combos.

Ferrio

Banned
danmaku said:

So wait... hold forward? or down back? I'm confused.

On the same token, once I get someone in the corner they easily get out. I have no idea how to keep them there. Swear whatever I do they just roll out.

ApolloJoh

Ferrio said:
So wait... hold forward? or down back? I'm confused.

On the same token, once I get someone in the corner they easily get out. I have no idea how to keep them there. Swear whatever I do they just roll out.
Down-back

And do some move that hits OTG since it catches people rolling, like everyone's 2B (I think).

Fugu

danmaku said:
As previously mentioned, anything that causes a purple throw will beat this as the person doing it will get a throw reject miss every time (5A throw). The best way to do this is to do it as late as you think you can get away with.

Forward and back roll are both invincible during the first few frames (back more than forward) but have the longest period of time before you are allowed to block. Quick tech has no invincibility but allows you to start blocking earliest. Neutral techning is completely invulnerable but usually not advisable. Emergency teching is too and if your opponent gives you the opportunity to do so, you'd best do it.

Ferrio

Banned
Also a lot of the time I seem to tech in the air, then get smacked again. Damn Air dash rarely comes out, and I just fall straight down and get smacked.

Fugu

There are fifteen frames where you can't do anything except burst after an air tech. Also, try teching in different directions and stuff.

Ferrio said:
Also a lot of the time I seem to tech in the air, then get smacked again. Damn Air dash rarely comes out, and I just fall straight down and get smacked.

That might be because of the new air unblockables. Try barrier'ing.

edit: or what Fugu said

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
There are fifteen frames where you can't do anything except burst after an air tech. Also, try teching in different directions and stuff.

Oh crap didn't know that either. Are you invincible during those frames?

Fugu

You can't be thrown but you are not invincible, no. It is often preferable to wait for an opportunity to emergency tech because of this.

Top Bottom