• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Ferrio said:
Hard to keep her from flying around the place with Trinity. Bubble should so capture her during her charge moves, every other projectile hits her!

I'm going to practice a bit of Tsubaki now since her combos got interesting. Was reading combos while playing you. Was surprised I was able to get the DP whiff on my first try and I literally froze afterward 'cause I didn't think it would work.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I'm going to practice a bit of Tsubaki now since her combos got interesting. Was reading combos while playing you. Was surprised I was able to get the DP whiff on my first try and I literally froze afterward 'cause I didn't think it would work.

You didn't get it. I mean you wiffed it, but not soon enough. If you fly under them that's waaaay too late. Whiffing is easy, the dash follow up is the bitch. Whiffing->into air juggle is *a lot* easier and something I can do consistantly.. but less advantageous.

I've been getting my ass thoroughly handed to me the last few days online.

I hate Noel. I hate Hazama. I hate Jin.

Everyone else, that I rarely even fight, isn't a problem, though I'll still likely lose. But they aren't Noel, Hazama, or Jin, so that's a plus right there.

I've got to get better somehow. Losing is starting to really piss me off.

xero273

witchedwiz said:
is there an ongoing room for bb?
I'm gonna be playing tonight @22:30 CET..
PSN: WitchedSoul
I've been playing CT quite some time on xbox360, scrubbed a bit on CT on ps3 and bought CS on ps3 playing around 20 match so far :p
If you catch me online, feel free to add me to your room ;)

sent FR. accept it and I can send you invite to chat room.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Master Milk said:

Everyone else, that I rarely even fight, isn't a problem, though I'll still likely lose. But they aren't Noel, Hazama, or Jin, so that's a plus right there.

You hate S tier characters? :3

Fugu

Master Milk said:

I only played you like three times, so take that into consideration. But you may want to consider...

1. Doing less things. It's pretty indicative that you lost two games by getting CH on wakeup by a full-screen reversal super. You need to not do something every time you wake up because if you do, that's going to happen. You also throw out a LOT of moves, so your opponent can pretty reasonably assume that you're going to do that any time, so it's pretty easy just to wait for you to swing.

2. Bursting. I've never seen you use both. You often give up a lead to save your bursts and I don't think it's a very good tradeoff.

Fugu said:
I only played you like three times, so take that into consideration. But you may want to consider...

1. Doing less things. It's pretty indicative that you lost two games by getting CH on wakeup by a full-screen reversal super. You need to not do something every time you wake up because if you do, that's going to happen. You also throw out a LOT of moves, so your opponent can pretty reasonably assume that you're going to do that any time, so it's pretty easy just to wait for you to swing.

2. Bursting. I've never seen you use both. You often give up a lead to save your bursts and I don't think it's a very good tradeoff.
Nope, good advice. I'll try to incorporate it. It just feels weird to not be on the attack in a fighter.

Fugu

Master Milk said:
Nope, good advice. I'll try to incorporate it. It just feels weird to not be on the attack in a fighter.
You could just go for the Apollo approach and just not attack ever.

Prototype-03 said:
To be fair, you're also doing it wrong when you get guard crushed by a whiffed cat chair.
Oh yes this. You should probably barrier more than you are now seeing as you get hit by a lot of air unblockables and... cat chair. Barrier when you have one primer and any time you are in the air and your opponent isn't (or you expect this situation to become true before you land).

Ferrio said:
That's never when fighting Jin.
I disagree. Jin is one of those characters who has a crapton of gimmicks to make their neutral game seem a lot stronger than it is. Many of them will go to bizarre lengths to attempt to hit you with a projectile because Jin gets a relatively high reward off of a CH midscreen projectile. While they are doing this is actually a good time to attack, assuming you can figure out what they're going to do to get you hit by it (a lot of them just anti-anti-air with it, which is pretty easy to punish). Their pressure is also usually very unsafe as it incorporates a lot of jumping and that move where the ice comes out of the ground; these are also good times to attack. In that line, they have to RC their overhead if it gets blocked or even if it hits, so you can use that. Also, I cannot stress enough how advantageous it is to bait DPs in that match and to exploit the situation if they don't come: He has really, really big DPs with short startup and a lot of range. If you don't beat them, he'll probably find a way to hit you.

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
I disagree. Jin is one of those characters who has a crapton of gimmicks to make their neutral game seem a lot stronger than it is. Many of them will go to bizarre lengths to attempt to hit you with a projectile because Jin gets a relatively high reward off of a CH midscreen projectile. While they are doing this is actually a good time to attack, assuming you can figure out what they're going to do to get you hit by it (a lot of them just anti-anti-air with it, which is pretty easy to punish). Their pressure is also usually very unsafe as it incorporates a lot of jumping and that move where the ice comes out of the ground; these are also good times to attack. In that line, they have to RC their overhead if it gets blocked or even if it hits, so you can use that. Also, I cannot stress enough how advantageous it is to bait DPs in that match and to exploit the situation if they don't come: He has really, really big DPs with short startup and a lot of range. If you don't beat them, he'll probably find a way to hit you.

Have to remember I play online, punishing such moves is it's own chore.

Oh yes this. You should probably barrier more than you are now seeing as you get hit by a lot of air unblockables and... cat chair. Barrier when you have one primer and any time you are in the air and your opponent isn't (or you expect this situation to become true before you land).

I was barriered, I knew it was coming... that's why I was so heartbroken.

Fugu

Ferrio said:
Have to remember I play online, punishing such moves is it's own chore.

I was barriered, I knew it was coming... that's why I was so heartbroken.
I agree about the online thing. Online isn't really indicative of real play because people get away with so much more shit than they would in a real match. You sort of have to be able to autopilot your reactions and react to them not doing the move as opposed to the other way around because the fidelity is more of an impediment to doing whatever it is your doing than not doing it (in simpler terms, it is more difficult to input 623D than it is to input 4).

Also, to all of you internet grab warriors (wakeup grab, purple grabs in the middle of combos, purple grabs at the end of combos, non-OS 5a purple grab, walkup grab outside of pressure): UGGGGGGH. I can't count how often I get TRM because I don't know how long the frame buffer is in a laggier online match.

Fugu said:
Also, to all of you internet grab warriors (wakeup grab, purple grabs in the middle of combos, purple grabs at the end of combos, non-OS 5a purple grab, walkup grab outside of pressure): UGGGGGGH. I can't count how often I get TRM because I don't know how long the frame buffer is in a laggier online match.

The biggest one for me is overheads. I would swear I'd be doing standing block when I get hit by them.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
The biggest one for me is overheads. I would swear I'd be doing standing block when I get hit by them.
You play Rachel. I guarantee a decent percentage of your hits online come from the quick overhead-low that is predictable yet sketchy to block online because you have to block before you see it.

...Having said that, 4D

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
Why do you want me to be predictable and get free CHs on me? :(

Don't even think you can even block in Bayonetta, lol.
There's a middle ground, for sure. 2C[m] 2D is unsafe at any distance and yet you block and subject yourself to Litchi's only really safe no meter mixup. I'm not saying DP every time but you definitely spend more time blocking than you need to, and I can tell you that if I were punishing as many moves as I do AND I had the presence of mind to block like you do I'd be a much better player, so it's not as if you don't stand to gain by letting yourself not get pressured every once in awhile.

Also, protip: You ARE predictable. I can predict that under most scenarios you will opt to continue blocking rather than use your reversal* or risk getting CH'd. I know that you punish a lot with very blockable 5B[m]s and try to go for damage on the mixup from there but you so rarely commit to an overhead that what usually happens is that you will put the staff down, dash in and if I haven't jumped out by that point (I'm predictable too) then you will 5B me and probably jump cancel into kote or j.B if you think I'll jump out or something and land back into another 5B. I've seen you gatling into 6A but only when you can gatling safely back out of it, so I can mostly block low unless you attempt to jump cancel a 5B or bait out a high block with a jc kote. You don't use rekkas in pressure without a rapid, you don't go for daisharin knockdown basically ever, you don't 6D in pressure seemingly even when you know I'm going to jump out; it all adds up to very safe but very easy to block pressure. You rely very heavily on your ability to not get baited and your ability to bait your opponents into doing something stupid (see: dashing into Itsuu A) by having strong blocking. However, that doesn't specifically preclude having a good offense too and it's self-limiting to not include one as part of your game plan. Right now, your game is a game of patience, not mind games. Against a player more competent than myself, you're just going to get reset over and over again by ambiguous pressure (2AAA something) because it's nearly impossible to react that fast (consult Japan for more information).

*I've seen you wakeup reversal against meaty attacks. That's basically it.

I seem to be getting better.

I still hate Hazama.

Hakumen and Noel are still annoying as hell, but they're not the same hopeless struggle they were a few days ago.

Fugu said:
It is getting increasingly hard to find a game on ranked. I've found like eight in an hour.
So it's not just me. I've been having that problem all day, though I've certainly been doing better than 8/hr.

Fugu

_dementia said:
lol I guess that level 50 trophy is permanently out of reach (if it wasn't before)
I've been in the seventies for months. I've probably gotten enough experience to hit 50 a hundred times (shit gets real around level 60). If you only played player matches it would take you awhile but it's still doable.

It's annoying when, after taking two or three minutes for a match to come up, the other person leaves after a split second.

Do people not like to play against Platinum?

Fugu said:
I've been in the seventies for months. I've probably gotten enough experience to hit 50 a hundred times (shit gets real around level 60). If you only played player matches it would take you awhile but it's still doable.
Oh, I meant for me. I don't play nearly enough.

Fugu

Master Milk said:
It's annoying when, after taking two or three minutes for a match to come up, the other person leaves after a split second.

Do people not like to play against Platinum?
A lot of players are so committed to not playing you that they will continue doing this despite the fact that the game really, really wants to match them together. I've been matched with this one guy who ardently refused to play against me like twenty times in a row; he just diconnects every time. Sometimes he would wait until the last second to disconnect because he knew I wouldn't.

Fugu said:
A lot of players are so committed to not playing you that they will continue doing this despite the fact that the game really, really wants to match them together. I've been matched with this one guy who ardently refused to play against me like twenty times in a row; he just diconnects every time. Sometimes he would wait until the last second to disconnect because he knew I wouldn't.
But I don't understand why. Platinum is ass! She's an easy victory for everyone that's not Tager!

And I've actually had that happen, though only four or five times in a row. I was eventually matched up with someone else.

Also, I've been able to do the Hammer Loop a few times in battle. Feels soooo good.

ApolloJoh

_dementia said:
Well, I for one am glad Arc has the Guilty Gear license again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nooUPYoqKIA

For fuck's sake.

Wow, lol.

Fugu said:

I remember this happening to me with some Valk main in CS1. No matter how many times it matched us he always disconnected.

Top Bottom