• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Master Milk said:
why does no one play this game? u_u
Because it's weeaboo animu garbage that's imbalanced and boring.

Cause it's fucking hard for most people to pick up and understand properly. No learn a few things and can do fine from there

If you want to play tonight or tomorrow let me know. I'm normally only on when people ask me to be xD

QisTopTier said:
Because it's weeaboo animu garbage that's imbalanced and boring.

Cause it's fucking hard for most people to pick up and understand properly. No learn a few things and can do fine from there

If you want to play tonight or tomorrow let me know. I'm normally only on when people ask me to be xD
Normally I'd be hesitant, but I've been getting my butt kicked so much lately it doesn't matter who I play against.

As a BB fan guys, I find watching the streams most times to be cringe inducing. The commentary just isn't what's the word... serious? Like this last tourney ECT2011, it was alot of yelling and white noise I felt.

Ferrio

Banned
Fighting a lvl 213/200 Rachel/platinum, it's brutal.

He's got the combos down, and pulls out quite a bit of her advanced stuff... somehow he's barely winning though.

Ferrio

Banned
Turns out mr 200/200 is a stalker, and watching us right now.....

Snoozingdonuts, you'll see him in the gaf chan now. Rachel is damn mean too, yes thank you for that 5000+ dmg corner combo...

Ferrio said:
Turns out mr 200/200 is a stalker, and watching us right now.....

Snoozingdonuts, you'll see him in the gaf chan now. Rachel is damn mean too, yes thank you for that 5000+ dmg corner combo...

I've played him. He's on my friend list since CS1.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Urban Scholar said:
As a BB fan guys, I find watching the streams most times to be cringe inducing. The commentary just isn't what's the word... serious? Like this last tourney ECT2011, it was alot of yelling and white noise I felt.
I mute them

corkscrewblow said:
It's too hard. The anime style isn't doing it any favors either.

Haha - but it's $15 now! Serious folks, buy this game.

I do agree with the chichi anime characters, but that's been a problem with ASW games forever.

Which is why IMO HnK is still their best game. Broken as it is, at least it's not cursed with god awful ASW character designs. Just the amazing Tetsuo Hara designs. And manliness! :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The Take Out Bandit said:
Haha - but it's $15 now! Serious folks, buy this game.

I do agree with the chichi anime characters, but that's been a problem with ASW games forever.

Which is why IMO HnK is still their best game. Broken as it is, at least it's not cursed with god awful ASW character designs. Just the amazing Tetsuo Hara designs. And manliness! :D
animu character designs are better than animu character designs. News at eleven

Master Milk said:
good games, proto

i've got a lot of work to do

GGs. Sorry I had to cut the games short but we'll definitely play more at another time. I think we went 3-2 so it's not like it was an uneven match. I need to stop mashing though and get those combos going.

Master Milk said:
went -2/17 with proto

i'm not coming out of training mode for a week at least

good games, proto. i'll try not to suck so hard next time.

Hah, how does someone go -2? I would recommend playing more matches instead of going to training mode. The biggest problem that I saw is that you keep mashing buttons instead of blocking and you seem to have little variations on your moves.

There were times where I dropped the combo and you kept on getting hit 'cause you seemed to be pressing buttons instead of trying to block (happened a LOT). You also seem to mash things when you're jumping so all I had to do was 2C and you seemed to run into it (hint: the cat chair is throwable).

Also, you seemed to be pretty predictable with the items. For the cat hammer, if I were crouching, you'd jump and try to do overhead. If you had the bat, you'd mash it during the blockstrings. If you had the cat bullets, you'd use them right away (especially with DD, you'd do one after the other)... and same for the bombs. Remember that sometimes, holding the item is more important than using them (ie: make me scared about your reversal bat instead of mashing them out).

disclaimer: you should try playing with Q and Fugu. They're annoying with their lazerz and boobies.

QisTopTier said:
Traing mode doesnt help all that much combat exp helps the most.

What is "Traing"? *trollface*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia, if I remember right you said BB:CS2 PSP had framedrops on 1000's right? I haven't noticed any so far.

I gotta say, the PSP port of CS/2 is way better than the PSP port of CT. CT was an okay port, but AFAIK it didn't have the presentation and "diagonal help" option that CS2 has. The achievement system from the 360/PS3 version is included with some new achievements as well, which is pretty... :lol -able.

Tried Platinum out on Beginner (er-"Stylish" on PSP) mode, loli be crazy with hitting A and then AAAAAAAA while throwing them further up in the air.

Not too sure if this version is the 1.09(? IIRC) version of Platinum that came with wallbounce problems though? Either way, a decent port that's only issue is lack of infrastructure. I recommend it for those that want to practice on the go.

And Makoto underboob is on the XMB splash-screen. Suck it ESRB?

sooo...
i finally tried to do some kinky stuff with my main (litchi) in cs2..
turns out it wasn't the pad acting...
it was the character undergoing some terribad change...
the first that comes to mind is... where's my itsuu! i cannot cancel into itsuu anymore, damn you arc system!

ApolloJoh

witchedwiz said:
sooo...
the first that comes to mind is... where's my itsuu! i cannot cancel into itsuu anymore, damn you arc system!

Yeah, it sucks.

She's really good without staff though.

Oh wow, Tokido lost to a level 92 Platinum at around 46 minutes in. Level 92 . . . someone really loves this game.

Oman, Tokido got destroyed by a Tager in the last match. I knew he messed up when he let the Tager get 100 heat, but that ending actually happening . . . I laughed way to hard at that.

Fugu

witchedwiz said:
sooo...
Her corner damage is still fine/above average without it.

I think she's a well-balanced character and I find myself more annoyed with how much they had to change to get her that way than I am with the changes themselves. A single revision shouldn't mandate such a total change (particularly if the plan on doing this regularly).

Fugu said:
Her corner damage is still fine/above average without it.

I think she's a well-balanced character and I find myself more annoyed with how much they had to change to get her that way than I am with the changes themselves. A single revision shouldn't mandate such a total change (particularly if the plan on doing this regularly).

EVERYONE changed. Quite literally. The least changed, it seems like, is Tager

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
EVERYONE changed. Quite literally. The least changed, it seems like, is Tager
Yeah, everyone changed, but it wasn't an even spread. Carl, Litchi, Tsubaki and Bang changed more drastically than the rest of the cast.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So how do you beat Tager ? Just got done playing a lvl 88 tager, and lost every fucking time. He was obviously better, and he had like over 8000 played games, but still. Its easy, if i get hit once i lose over 50% of my life, and if thats his command grab or whatever the fuck is called, i lose like 80% of life, the fuck ?

*RAAAAAGEE*

Kandrick said:
So how do you beat Tager ? Just got done playing a lvl 88 tager, and lost every fucking time. He was obviously better, and he had like over 8000 played games, but still. Its easy, if i get hit once i lose over 50% of my life, and if thats his command grab or whatever the fuck is called, i lose like 80% of life, the fuck ?

*RAAAAAGEE*
Which character do you play?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
_dementia said:
Which character do you play?

Taokaka.

But i was mainly just getting the rage out. Lately, i mainly play AH3 or SF4, and i dont think i have the time to dedicate to another fighting game.

I lack Blazblue experience. Especially against some characters, since most of people i see online are using ragna/noel/jin. If i fight someone who is good and plays say, Carl, i would probably get blown up since i dont know the matchup at all.

And there is really not alot of people online. And as for local play, no one gives a shit about Blazblue at all, its Street Fighter or KOF/Tekken/SC all the way.

alstein

Kandrick said:
Taokaka.

But i was mainly just getting the rage out. Lately, i mainly play AH3 or SF4, and i dont think i have the time to dedicate to another fighting game.

I lack Blazblue experience. Especially against some characters, since most of people i see online are using ragna/noel/jin. If i fight someone who is good and plays say, Carl, i would probably get blown up since i dont know the matchup at all.

And there is really not alot of people online. And as for local play, no one gives a shit about Blazblue at all, its Street Fighter or KOF/Tekken/SC all the way.

All I see most days is Lambdas/Mus/Hazamas. I almost never see Noel.

What causes my rage is Hakumen, who has a hard time with all three of those.

Fugu

Kandrick said:

*RAAAAAGEE*
Play your neutral game conservatively. You are at a huge advantage here, and don't get yourself convinced of otherwise. Don't take any risks that you don't have to and capitalize where you can. When you see the sparkbolt meter fill up, respect it. You don't want to get magnetized, and you definitely don't want to get CH'd by it.
If you're blocking, punish aggressively. Tager's pressure is very weak and you should take advantage of moves like B sledge which are unsafe on IB unless followed up (the followup is unsafe on regular block). You should also barrier as much as you think you can, as Tager's pressure is ineffective at longer ranges.

Do not use unsafe moves at short range unless they are readily jump cancellable, as many intermediate Tager players will exploit these moves to 360/720 you.

Korigama

No one's added me as of yet, so I still haven't played anyone here. That said, if you're on PSN, I could get online for a bit.

Top Bottom