• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

Right. I remember that. He hit through the invincibility. But that wasn't the finals (Finals was Omni and Satoshi).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
Right. I remember that. He hit through the invincibility. But that wasn't the finals (Finals was Omni and Satoshi).
Satoshi won duh :p

mak vs Mu is funny and almost one sided and not for the squirrel

Fugu

Yeah. Bad news. A little bit high, too. Basically not appropriate for BlazBlue. I was doing alright until I insisted that the only appropirate "mixup" was to back jump and dash forward.

ApolloJoh

I'm assuming the patch fixes Tager's 9th challenge and that wallbounce glitch.

Anything else or has there been some official statement on what it fixes?

1745658-8d34eba3c5ea2b6df17ba5ca114a8927_super.jpg

Bow down to the Chair, Ferrio

SoulFist

I finally picked this game up yesterday, and was curious if the DLC characters ever go on sale? I've been wanting to pick up Valkenhayn. Is he worth the points?

SoulFist said:
I finally picked this game up yesterday, and was curious if the DLC characters ever go on sale? I've been wanting to pick up Valkenhayn. Is he worth the points?

I think DLC characters did go on sale but not very frequently. I can't really recommend you the character because it really depends on what kind of characters you like. He's a pretty good rushdown character with weak mixups. Keep in mind that his mobility is limited in human form but his mobility gets really good as wolf. You'll have to manage the wolf meter and be pushing the opponent to the corner since he excels at locking you down with frame traps. His DD meter is best saved for either dead angles or rapids unless you're sure you're going to kill the opponent.

SoulFist said:
Makoto and Valkenhayn have been discounted in the past. That was about six months ago though. I have no idea when the next sale will be.

SoulFist

Hmmm. I see. Thanks guys. I was hoping he would play kinda like Slayer did from Guilty Gears, but he does sound like a character I could get into.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
I think DLC characters did go on sale but not very frequently. I can't really recommend you the character because it really depends on what kind of characters you like. He's a pretty good rushdown character with weak mixups. Keep in mind that his mobility is limited in human form but his mobility gets really good as wolf. You'll have to manage the wolf meter and be pushing the opponent to the corner since he excels at locking you down with frame traps. His DD meter is best saved for either dead angles or rapids unless you're sure you're going to kill the opponent.
Weak mixups are irrelevant when wolf j.A

SoulFist said:
Hmmm. I see. Thanks guys. I was hoping he would play kinda like Slayer did from Guilty Gears, but he does sound like a character I could get into.

Yeah, he's pretty similar to Slayer, so I would say go for it.

Fugu said:
Weak mixups are irrelevant when wolf j.A

True story. Wolf j.A is pretty awesome.

Prototype-03 said:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11843/1745658-8d34eba3c5ea2b6df17ba5ca114a8927_super.jpg

Bow down to the Chair, Ferrio
This is a cool pic. Is it available in higher resolution with less jpeg compression anywhere?

Fugu

I actually was on but I decided instead to put some time into learning some staffless crap. I just realized that the reason I'm not connecting 236C 66 5B a lot of the time is because I'm using 3C after 2C. It would seem that that does not work outside of the corner.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
I actually was on but I decided instead to put some time into learning some staffless crap. I just realized that the reason I'm not connecting 236C 66 5B a lot of the time is because I'm using 3C after 2C. It would seem that that does not work outside of the corner.
I gotta practice my throw combo stuff. The timings on it are freaking weird

Fugu

CS2 Litchi is king (queen?) weird timings, which is why there will no longer be any inebriated play sessions from me. I know her CS1 combos better than I know my own name so maybe next time I'll just switch into that.

ApolloJoh said:
Think it's for Japan. US/EU will get it soon I bet.

But we can still connect to JPN players so I don't think it's crucial.

edit: Apollo, Seph... haven't seen u guys play BB. WTF. Also you too, dementia.

I just bought this game on Amazon, so I'll come back to this thread to join in on the fun after figuring out the gameplay a bit. : P

Aside from some brief time with Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, I don't have any experience in the fighting genre. I was choosing from Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and BlazBlue for a while, but I decided on this game in the end. I'm a sucker for the 2D character art I guess.

ApolloJoh

Prototype-03 said:
edit: Apollo, Seph... haven't seen u guys play BB. WTF. Also you too, dementia.

I still play but just not as much.

Sending an invite will probably motivate me to get off whatever I'm playing and join if I'm not on BB already, haha.

Just depends on if I'm playing another game with my friends or not.

Ferrio said:
Hrmm it seems that in my drunken state the other day that I ordered a shirt from broken tier. Need surprise to myself.
Which design did you end up getting?

Proto, sorry I've been offline. School + Work + Single player games :/

Ferrio

Banned
I might be on, matters if i play some eve with a friend or not.

I finally did a 6300 dmg combo with plat. Starting to get the timing down.

Dreavus

God I need to relearn this game since CS2. Been busy with other stuff lately. I think the lack of lobbies in MvC3 subconsciously hindered my interest in this game too somehow. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dreavus said:
God I need to relearn this game since CS2. Been busy with other stuff lately. I think the lack of lobbies in MvC3 subconsciously hindered my interest in this game too somehow. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
Yeah don't let a worse game drag you down!

CS2>mvc3>CS1 imo

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
CS2 > CS1 > XMB > Watching paint dry > MVC3
I can't control it.

I'll have to disagree MVC3 is fun to watch for now. SF4 ya... now that's fucking boring. It's nothing but mindgame and boring footsies... which don't translate well for viewers.

Fugu

To be honest I actually like watching SFIV more than I like watching BB, but in terms of playing I'd still put BB over any version of SF (I am partial to Alpha 2, though).

I sort of enjoy watching MVC3 (certainly not my favorite but I'll watch) mostly because I love rooting for Phoenix teams.

Top Bottom