• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

alstein said:
was it a Lambda that put him into losers? To me, that's why Hakumen has competitive problems- a couple of chars who are semi-popular are really bad matchups for him.
Lambda isn't an overly terrible matchup for Hakumen. Lambda pressure is shut down very well by projectile cutting and counter. Also, once Hakumen is in, he can pretty easily stick to Lambda like glue considering he totally obliterates her in the air and can discourage backdashing on the ground with pokes. As well, Hakumen gains meter by playing and that inherently gives him an edge on zoners.

The Carl-Tager matchup continues to be the most lopsided in the game and is, at this point, probably the only one that needs addressing specifically. I've been told Mu-Lambda is pretty bad as well but it seems better than CS1.

Fugu

_dementia said:
Haz still gives Tager a lot of problems too, right?
Hazma is a character who seems to have more of an advantage than he actually does. Against Tager, you have to consider how important it is for him to build meter and not be magnetized at the same time, which isn't all that difficult by itself but considering Tager can turn predictable behavior into an advantage better than basically anyone else in the cast and he has the largest amount of life, it means that a Hazama player basically has to be more than on form for the entire match.

Hazama has been widely considered to be Litchi's worst matchup since he was introduced into the game (probably her only disadvantage matchup in CS1) and I don't find him that problematic; he is very, very difficult to get in on because he has so many chances but he is worthless up close without meter and his pressure stinks.

EDIT: Finally have some time to play this game. Anyone online tonight?

Roto13

I'd like to buy a fighting game for 3DS so my options are limited and I'm not sure if I should buy this game or the one other 3DS fighting game, Super Street Fighter IV. Things going on in my brain:

- I borrowed Calamity Trigger for PS3 and really liked it.
- I've always liked Street Fighter but have always been so bad at it that I play it for a few days and just never go back to it. (Obviously this is why I own multiple versions of II, III, and Alpha 3, not to mention one version of Alpha 1 or 2 or whatever.)
- I've heard Continuum Shift II for 3DS is a really lazy port of the PSP version. I'm not that concerned about online play or the ability to put the game in sleep mode when I close my 3DS.
- I'm a little concerned about the fact that you can't delete the save data, because it's not like Resident Evil Whatever, in which case the lack of the ability to delete save data was a conscious decision. It's more likely that you can't delete your save data in this game because it's such a lazy port. Is there anything I can only do once that I'll want to be able to do again? Like any story scenes or whatever?
- I will not be buying the home console versions of either game, at least for a while, because my PS3 is broken. Also it sounds like the PS360 version of BBCSII has a lot of DLC.

Basically, I want to know if the port is so bad that I should wait for the Vita version next year and just buy Super Street Fighter IV, even though I'd most definitely enjoy this game more if the shittiness of the port doesn't bug me too much. I'm not the type to enter tournaments or anything. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Roto13 said:
Also it sounds like the PS360 version of BBCSII has a lot of DLC.
If you want to go by what matters, just 3 characters. BBCS2 is a free patch. Mu-12 you unlock by beating story mode in like 4 hours.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Violence isnt the answer T.T
I thought these people were kids because they sounded like total dumbasses. Apparently it was just one kid and two very profane adults.

I pissed one of them off to the degree that she felt it necessary to spout off repeatedly about how I'm all DPs and throws after literally every game. On top of the irony of someone complaining about my throw game (I was literally just catching her out of jumps a lot; they weren't even purple), the reason I was dping her over and over again was simply that she was getting hit by my dp... over and over again. I think the double burst taunt might have been over the top, though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
I thought these people were kids because they sounded like total dumbasses. Apparently it was just one kid and two very profane adults.

I pissed one of them off to the degree that she felt it necessary to spout off repeatedly about how I'm all DPs and throws after literally every game. On top of the irony of someone complaining about my throw game (I was literally just catching her out of jumps a lot; they weren't even purple), the reason I was dping her over and over again was simply that she was getting hit by my dp... over and over again. I think the double burst taunt might have been over the top, though.
LOLOL If people still don't know how to bait dp's after someone has been doing them over and over all day... then well says about how much they suck :D

InsertNameHere said:
I'm getting into a handful of fighting games right now.

Are there a decent amount of people on PSN playing this?
You mean GAFfers? Not really. If you post in here a few hours before you actually want to play, someone can probably play with you though.

If you mean PSN in general, then yea, you should be able to find random people to play. Ranked might be a little slow to find matches sometimes though, but even then you'll still find matches.

LProtag

Master Milk said:
You mean GAFfers? Not really. If you post in here a few hours before you actually want to play, someone can probably play with you though.

If you mean PSN in general, then yea, you should be able to find random people to play. Ranked might be a little slow to find matches sometimes though, but even then you'll still find matches.

I guess I meant in general.

That's pretty good then. If I can get it for a decent price I will. I'll likely be picking up SF4 and Marvel though, so I dunno how much time I'll have to split between them all. Probably concentrate on SF4 so I can get the basics of fighting games down, but who knows what will strike my fancy the most.

Thanks!

Fugu

I play a few times a week at least.

There's always a healthy amount of player matches and for me, ranked matches generally take under a minute to match (The only restriction I set is that the ping indicator has to be greater than or equal to 1).

LProtag

Cool. Just trying to get a used copy for a decent price. I PMed someone from the buy/sell thread but he posted it up a week ago and hasn't gotten back to me, so who knows if he's still got the copy.

Not getting my fightstick for a bit now though, whenever it gets here from being shipped from eBay, so I probably wouldn't play until that came in anyway.

Sigh.

I really need to get better at this game. I am so ass right now.

Platinum is so fun to play. I hate bringing shame to her cute and rage-inducing schizophrenic playstyle.

Fugu

Master Milk said:
Oh GAFChat, why have you forsaken me?

Where you at, Fugu?
After losing 21 times in a row I was ready to stop playing for awhile. I'll get back in there tonight though; let's have a lobby why not?

Fugu

I know you were kidding but there are few players out there who have as extensive of a history of losing badly and repeatedly as I do.

Speaking of which, I'm playing now if anyone wants to play.

Fugu

Master Milk said:
0-22

I think I won maybe four rounds total.
Please press less buttons. You'll do so much better. You almost won at least a few games that you wouldn't have given up if you had just pressed less buttons (what's with the 5AAAAA hitconfirm?). Also it seemed like you really hit your stride with the command throw in the last round; do more of that.

SolarPowered said:
I'd say it is going to be the opposite.
I guess we've never played before then, if you really think that. >_>

Also, screw Rachel. Here I am, trying to get better in training mode, and she has the nerve to take a nap when she's supposed to be blocking!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I actually play when ever I get asked too otherwise I'm busy juggling around a ton of other games and crap. If you guys got aim or skype or something add me and Ill hop on when ever.

Just pm me your infos

Platinum
5B - Speed Increased
takemyshutup.png

Grifter

Finally got the true ending for CS. Is the TIPS1 Ms. Litchi panel recycled from CT? Seems to start the same way.

Does anyone still play on Xbox? I've gotten back into this and have been selling my local community (the perfect game to play while you wait for them to fix SF and Marvel!) Feel free to add me to play, I'm on in the evenings. GT - Grifter 181.

Top Bottom