• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

There seems to be a lot of people with a newfound interest in playing. I hope most of them follow through and actually start playing. I'd love some new people to lose to.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
notworksafe said:
Yeah I know but her HP loss and other changes in CS annoyed me enough to not buy it. :p I just never liked any other character as much as her. I was interested in Rachel, but not interested enough to make a purchase.

It being on discount now and Tao buffs are looking like they'll be enough to change my mind though.
So you hated the changes made to her that made her an S tier character? That improved her playstyle in every sense. I dont get it o.o

LProtag

Master Milk said:
There seems to be a lot of people with a newfound interest in playing. I hope most of them follow through and actually start playing. I'd love some new people to lose to.

You can beat me plenty.

If SF doesn't work well for me online this might have to be my go to game considering I invested in a fightstick... though if this doesn't work well for me online I will be sad.

notworksafe

QisTopTier said:
So you hated the changes made to her that made her an S tier character? That improved her playstyle in every sense. I dont get it o.o
I dunno...I felt she became a lot more work than she was in CT and I was frustrated by it. Maybe I didn't play enough?

Master Milk said:

To be honest, you're not bad. You just seem to press a LOT of buttons, especially once you start losing. If I have about half life lead, you start panicking. By the time you only have a quarter life, you seem to have given up.

You have pretty good setups when your mind is clear (which Plat is good at) but you seem to panic a lot. Also seems that you rely on your items a lot. You love that cat bat.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
You have pretty good setups when your mind is clear (which Plat is good at) but you seem to panic a lot. Also seems that you rely on your items a lot. You love that cat bat.
There's something to be said about just how much stuff he throws when he has an item. So much bomb. So much cat.

Prototype-03 said:
Tao was always good in this game. Just hard as hell to use.

Tell me about it. It's hard being a CS Tao player that can't land a single taunt loop at all. That and the fact that she dies really fast (at least it helped me with my blocking I think...). Man, it was quite a rough start, good thing everyone in my community was just as bad back then (I'm not really much better than when I started execution wise though). With Tao you either blow someone up, or you get beaten badly.

Anyways, is there anyone on XBL that wants to play? I haven't played BB in almost 2 weeks (months if we're talking about CS2 though).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just want to say this current version should be on consoles by the end of the year. *this is speculation* But if you look at how they time their releases and stuff it's normally designed around countering capcoms dates. LOL at that though.

j.2c Fatal Property ..... OMG MU LOLOL Apparently the message boards in japan are bitching about her already xD

lolno

So uh . . . Jubei's wife . . . human?
Not just any human, but a sexy witch with pink hair:
Ninefull.png

Nine.png

I don't know why, but I loves witches with pink hair. :-O

Pink hair is so delicious. She and Kokonoe better both be playable in the next game.

Fugu and I are both online and ready to play, so people need to come on so we can have a real lobby going.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I will always find it fucking hilarious how much Hazama hates on the fact Jubei and Nine are different species. He was legitly grossed out hahahaha

*sigh* And now I remember why I didn't play online much. Sure, the netcode's great, but when all connections are 1s and 2s with any luck, and you main Tao, it's just not enough -___-

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarKnight said:
*sigh* And now I remember why I didn't play online much. Sure, the netcode's great, but when all connections are 1s and 2s with any luck, and you main Tao, it's just not enough -___-
I mostly get good connections on ps3 o.o It could just be your area :(

XBL, combine that with the fact that I'm in Mexico, and that I have to share internet with a brother that uses it 24/7 for youtube/streaming, so yeah...

On the bright side, I can just go to the arcade on weekends, and it's not like it's unplayable for just messing around with other people (if they ever show up -__-).

But on the bad side, I'm still pretty much stuck with CS1 and will be until they find a way to get us CS2 over here, and by then CS2+ will be out if ever >__<

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
Are they giving back Hazama non corner launch combo? I hope they were not blue beats.
He's hella good right now already I sure fucking hope not. It's not hard for him to get people in corners anyways. *he's S tier right now actually*

Fugu

Master Milk said:
Nothing, I get hit or thrown.
Is it a CH? If so, your super doesn't function as a reversal and you're getting hit out of startup but you're inputting it fine. If you know for a fact that it does function as a reversal, then you're either inputting it too slow or just plain dropping your input.

If it's not a CH then there's a good chance you dropped your input, which likely means that you're riding the input buffer too hard; execute it closer to waking up.

There's nothing special about inputting supers on wakeup, except that super inputs are usually longer than regular inputs meaning you need to pay more attention to keep everything inside the input buffer.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
I thought he was a JoJo character
GG came out first, but the concept is the same so you can say either thing if you want to. The dolls movement mimics a stand a bit more though. But if you were to say who from gg does he plays like, I would say some off-breed of Eddie and Slayer

Fugu

Master Milk said:
It's got invincible start-up, and I don't think I've ever seen it come up as Ch, so it's just me be ass, like I thought.
See what happens if you do a reversal for a shorter input (like any character's dp, for example).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gold burst - Duration decreased, less invincibility. Easier to bait and punish
Break burst - Hitting the opponent with burst or making the opponent block it gives 25% meter to you
Knockback - When air guarding a ground attack, knockback is increased to make it easier to gain some distance
Barrier guard - Larger knockback on moves with a higher attack level
Instant barrier guard - Knockback is even larger, making it easier to get away

Sytem changes alone are gonna make Mu a monster lol. Her shitty reversal options are not even an issue anymore.

QisTopTier said:
Gold burst - Duration decreased, less invincibility. Easier to bait and punish
Break burst - Hitting the opponent with burst or making the opponent block it gives 25% meter to you
Knockback - When air guarding a ground attack, knockback is increased to make it easier to gain some distance
Barrier guard - Larger knockback on moves with a higher attack level
Instant barrier guard - Knockback is even larger, making it easier to get away

Sytem changes alone are gonna make Mu a monster lol. Her shitty reversal options are not even an issue anymore.

That actually applies to all characters with bad reversals (ie: Valkenhayn and Rachel)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
That actually applies to all characters with bad reversals (ie: Valkenhayn and Rachel)

True, but it probably helps Mu and Valk the most out of the entire cast. On the other end of the stick... IT HURTS TAGER LOL

Top Bottom