• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu said:
Changing characters to overcome a matchup is a tenuous strategy at best.

True story. But I still laugh at Kiunch because he can't get those chains in lag. So I just 360/720 while I'm getting hit and gets thrown.

Satisfaction guaranteed

Fugu said:
Awesome tips

Hey thanks a bunch man! :D I shall practice diligently...

I really doubt he has a skill edge over me (doesn't guard much, spams the same thing heaps of times) I just needed a decent counter like that), but that inferno divider looks to be pretty useful!

Fugu

Be careful with the DP. Many players get caught up using their DP too much, and it's not worth it. You should keep in mind that you can rapid divider; don't be afraid to do that if you're worried that your opponent will punish you.

Also, if there isn't a large skill gap, the most straightforward way that you can win is just to create one.

QisTopTier said:
LOL at the new Jin vs Tsubaki theme

Dat Engrish!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DiHsS_Tx0&feature=related
it's pretty hilarious.

Q, have you seen this shit?

10150544.jpg

I think I might have found an active gathering every week. It's Tuesday, so it'll be awhile before I know for sure, haha, but whatever. Hopefully it really is active. It'll make importing less of a stupid waste of money. >.>

Also, did _dementia get caught in the trans thread? Man down!

Master Milk said:
I think I might have found an active gathering every week. It's Tuesday, so it'll be awhile before I know for sure, haha, but whatever. Hopefully it really is active. It'll make importing less of a stupid waste of money. >.>

Also, did _dementia get caught in the trans thread? Man down!

Good luck to you. You'll get better in no time if you have an active community. Online really does restrict you. Where do you live? If it's socal, you should let me know! :D

Also, what trans thread? I have to see this... I was wondering where all the people were getting banned from.

Prototype-03 said:
Good luck to you. You'll get better in no time if you have an active community. Online really does restrict you. Where do you live? If it's socal, you should let me know! :D

Also, what trans thread? I have to see this... I was wondering where all the people were getting banned from.
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. I hate losing all the time. I'm in Memphis, if it were SoCal I probably would've been in a scene. Isn't Cali really active in general?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448954

this thread, though it seems _dementia might have gotten taken out somewhere else

Master Milk said:
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. I hate losing all the time. I'm in Memphis, if it were SoCal I probably would've been in a scene. Isn't Cali really active in general?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448954

this thread, though it seems _dementia might have gotten taken out somewhere else

I used to go to AI and met couple of guys there... used to play with Dacid, Zong, etc. I never got too close to any of them... AI died and CS2 came out. I should try to contact them on DL or something for a local scene.

Prototype-03 said:
I used to go to AI and met couple of guys there... used to play with Dacid, Zong, etc. I never got too close to any of them... AI died and CS2 came out. I should try to contact them on DL or something for a local scene.
Definitely, with Extend coming, interest will hopefully be riding high.

I can't wait! I'm so excited. Gotta hit training mode I guess

Fugu

I host gatherings at my house. You've got to make it work; there are people that play BB everywhere, even in places where the scenes are dead, like Toronto. And if you don't have a scene, play online. MasterMilk, I feel like you're not playing quality players enough, because you haven't had a lot of your bad habits beaten out of you yet. Stuff like ending your pressure where you end your strings is the kind of thing that you should have learned to not do a long time ago.

When I posted in the trans thread, all I could think to myself was "damn I sure hope I don't get banned for this".

Fugu said:
I host gatherings at my house. You've got to make it work; there are people that play BB everywhere, even in places where the scenes are dead, like Toronto. And if you don't have a scene, play online. MasterMilk, I feel like you're not playing quality players enough, because you haven't had a lot of your bad habits beaten out of you yet. Stuff like ending your pressure where you end your strings is the kind of thing that you should have learned to not do a long time ago.

When I posted in the trans thread, all I could think to myself was "damn I sure hope I don't get banned for this".
Yea, I've gotten most of my experience with the game playing ranked. The few times I've played with everyone here would be the only real time I've played with good players. I went to a gathering once, but that was a good month and a half ago. It was at someone's place, so there's inconsistency with that. This new gathering I found seems to be at a church, so I think they're consistent with it happening every week.

Master Milk said:
Yea, I've gotten most of my experience with the game playing ranked. The few times I've played with everyone here would be the only real time I've played with good players. I went to a gathering once, but that was a good month and a half ago. It was at someone's place, so there's inconsistency with that. This new gathering I found seems to be at a church, so I think they're consistent with it happening every week.

NOOOO! Tager am baned! D:

I would host fighting game nights, but my friends are either fighting game snobs (worse than myself!), quitters, live too far away, or own Wii's and are allergic to games you have to play. :(

Plus an infrequent gathering of knuckleheads isn't enough to fill my need to fight, fight, fight.

Fugu

Also, don't exclusively play ranked. Ranked is good for when you have something that you want to work on against a wide variety of opponents. It is bad for developing specific matchup experience. You will learn more from playing the same player over and over again (assuming that player is decent).

Ranked is sort of like going to a tournament to learn the matchups.

Fugu said:
Also, don't exclusively play ranked. Ranked is good for when you have something that you want to work on against a wide variety of opponents. It is bad for developing specific matchup experience. You will learn more from playing the same player over and over again (assuming that player is decent).

Ranked is sort of like going to a tournament to learn the matchups.

This. I have lost to a lot of gimmicks in Ranked that I could have learned if we played about 5 matches or so. The bad thing is that in Player Matches, a lot of these guys don't stay/want to learn, so if you join a game, you beat them, they boot you. It's like they get happy only if they win.

Also, Master Milk likes all the ponies. His color's changing by the hour.

ApolloJoh

Prototype-03 said:
The bad thing is that in Player Matches, a lot of these guys don't stay/want to learn, so if you join a game, you beat them, they boot you.
It's part of the reason why I stopped playing. And that Ranked got boring and most friends and I moved on to other stuff.

Still willing to play if asked though.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
I have lost to a lot of gimmicks in Ranked that I could have learned if we played about 5 matches or so.
This is also sort of what ranked is good for. It prepares you better for the kitchen sink than basically any other mode of practice possibly could. Even playing as part of a scene will produce certain play styles. You can be assured, however, that with a decent internet connection, you will encounter basically everything out there.

The problem is that online is full of purple grabs and dumb resets that don't work offline, so if you have too much of one you're going to start to falter in the other.

Hehehe, gatherings are so much fun. There are a few people there interested in BB, though most of them seem to be pretty new to game, or just aren't that good. A guy from the last gathering I went to was there though, so I'll have someone good to practice against.

Fugu

They are. I must have played for a good solid six hours at the last one. The Tao mod and the Arakune mod both live in Toronto, so it's good stuff.

The community around here seems to have gotten a good kick in the ass, which is great for me.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Prototype-03 said:
True story. But I still laugh at Kiunch because he can't get those chains in lag. So I just 360/720 while I'm getting hit and gets thrown.

Satisfaction guaranteed

It worked during our offline matches too, but I was playing dumb =/

I haven't check on BB lately, any news regarding the console release on extended?

V-Gief

kiunchbb said:
It worked during our offline matches too, but I was playing dumb =/

I haven't check on BB lately, any news regarding the console release on extended?
17th of December for Japan it seems. No idea on any of the other regions.

Fugu

I like that this thread's activity has mostly been relegated to talking about when the next revision will come out as opposed to actually talking about the game.

Because that would be crazy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
:( I want to use makoto so badly just cause I like her character so much, I just don't like how she plays in CS2 or how she's going to play in CSEX. Oh well Mu-12 :D

Top Bottom