• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Prototype-03 said:
NO! RACHEL IS MINE.

You may have the other loli
Platinum's mine!

I think I saw a busted tier list from Japan, and it didn't have Plat on it, so I have no idea where she is, but I can't imagine her being godlike or anything.

QisTopTier said:
:( I want to use makoto so badly just cause I like her character so much, I just don't like how she plays in CS2 or how she's going to play in CSEX. Oh well Mu-12 :D

How dare you change back your avatar

Fugu

Master Milk said:
Platinum's mine!

I think I saw a busted tier list from Japan, and it didn't have Plat on it, so I have no idea where she is, but I can't imagine her being godlike or anything.
She's looking pretty good. Like, really good. Her and Mu.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
She's looking pretty good. Like, really good. Her and Mu.
Mu got so many buffs she didn't need and I get to use her still cause the play style isnt a drastic change for once on a character I use xD

cj_iwakura

Help me Blazers, I'll be attending my first BB tournament this weekend(Red Spark in Daytona).

I main Tsubaki, but I'm decent with Jin and Hakumen. Should I stick to my guns, or consider switching it up?

Fugu

Better your matchups with the one character. You won't be allowed to counterpick unless you lose anyway, and if your opponent was able to read you enough to beat you straight-up with your main, switching to an alt won't accomplish much. If you're able to adapt, you won't need to anyway.

cj_iwakura

Fugu said:
Better your matchups with the one character. You won't be allowed to counterpick unless you lose anyway, and if your opponent was able to read you enough to beat you straight-up with your main, switching to an alt won't accomplish much. If you're able to adapt, you won't need to anyway.

There's certain characters I can't touch with Tsubaki. Noel and Hazama are my worst nightmare.

Fugu

cj_iwakura said:
There's certain characters I can't touch with Tsubaki. Noel and Hazama are my worst nightmare.
Like most other characters, you out-range Noel by quite a bit. You can use that and charge to more or less turtle her relentlessly because she's got about a billion anti-airs but nothing that beats the range of Tsubaki's 5B. Learn to bait drives and punish them with 236D; they're not safe, so you don't need to treat them like they are. If your opponent uses drives in blockstrings, learn what the overhead looks like and how to bait the command grab (easiest way to do this is to block high and switch to crouching when you see the startup); if you can, that's a free punish. If your opponent doesn't do it, just block high if you're afraid of the overhead and switch to low after it comes out. Poke her out of the cross-up because it's not safe. Make yourself aware of her gatling table because it's relatively shallow, and her safe pressure is quite limited. Use DPs sparingly, as it's usually not worth it in this matchup. Also, and most importantly, don't jump in on Noel. It's just not worth it.

The easiest way to lose against Hazama is to make your approach too predictable. It will go a long way if you just sit down and pay attention to how often you are getting caught by chains. Be aware that Hazama usually has enough time to prevent a punish on a whiff chain, so your entry will probably consist of two attempts. Tsubaki has the best anti-air in the game: Use it. If he tries to approach with his chain, use 2C. Try to bait reversal houtenjins and pay attention to how much meter he has. Stuff like [moves] charge 2A should probably avoided if he has heat because it's too risky. Like Noel, Hazama's safe pressure isn't very scary, and you can use things like shield skills to punish stance cancel if you're confident (and careful) enough. When you are on the defensive, keep your cool and try to get enough charge to capitalize on a hit should you get one. Don't do cheesey stuff like sj charge against Hazama because it's just going to get you hit.

cj_iwakura

I'm still not THAT good with her, I think I'm getting better though, had some solid wins.
I have a bad habit of relying too much on her B&B(BBCCetc.)

Nothing's more humbling than getting wrecked by a pro Tsubaki(which I just did).

Fugu

Wanna play? Mine's Fygu.

EDIT: Oh yeah and play against Proto, he'll teach you how to best use purple grabs in mixup olololol

Fugu

I ain't got no warmup

Some notes:
- Don't reset characters with great DPs so often. Same goes for meaties on wakeups. Perhaps learn a frame trap. If you're going to drop your combo, drop it; don't pretend like it didn't happen.
- Be careful about opening consecutive rounds in the same way. Also, don't start rounds with DP. Ever.
- Watch your execution. I doubt sj j.A was intentional. It's online so I can't really tell, but this is a good thing for everyone to pay attention to going into a tournament.
- Burst corner combos earlier. You're bursting at or near the end of most combos.
- sj/dj charge isn't very strong offline. You will be AA'd, particularly by characters like Litchi who have the reach to do it.
- Barrier in the air more. You're letting a lot of easy blocks go because they're air unblockable (6B[m]).
- Use your overhead.
- Use your DP. I would avoid A and B for the most part, but C and D are good for specific situations. Learn how they work.
- Control your mashing. You're whiffing moves on wakeup and getting CH'd in the corner, which is a bad place to be.
- Your bursts were mostly good. Just make sure that when you burst that your burst will connect with your opponent. You were punished quite hard for this one.
- If you are in hitstun and you can't tech, HOLD BACK. This will stifle a good percentage of resets. You are getting reset a lot.
- A lot of Tsubaki players like to jump and backdash to create space. You do this quite a bit, and your opponents will probably be ready for it.
- Using DP to beat tech rolls is a bad habit.

Fugu

This is going to sound dumb, but the trick to dealing with Litchi's combos is to not let them happen in the first place.

cj_iwakura

GGs. If a Litchi half as good as you shows up, I'm screwed. :p

She's so damn versatile. It's like she has an answer for EVERYTHING.

Fugu

Every character is a little like that though. The reality is that every character has weaknesses and methods to overcome those weaknesses or minimize them. Litchi, for example, has a pretty weak short game with the staff, and a very weak poke game without it. So usually what happens is that players try to drop the staff while they're pressuring people and get it back when they're on the disadvantage so that they can start poking people again. If you're playing your character correctly, it'll look like you have no weaknesses when in reality you're just covering them up well.

cj_iwakura

Made 6th place. Three Tsubakis, a Noel, an Arakune, a Jin, and a Litchi(not nearly as good as yours). Your advice helped, but I still lost to her and got knocked out of winner's then got finished by the Jin.

Still, it was mad fun.

cj_iwakura said:
Made 6th place. Three Tsubakis, a Noel, an Arakune, a Jin, and a Litchi(not nearly as good as yours). Your advice helped, but I still lost to her and got knocked out of winner's then got finished by the Jin.

Still, it was mad fun.

Florida BB scene at work

Fugu

Where do you live, Tsubakitown USA?

Well, you guys can watch me play in a tournament next week. It's streaming Sunday.

Fugu

BB is the main event. The tournament is a farewell to CS2 tournament, as our local arcade is getting CSE in December. There's also Melty Blood and AH3 if you're so inclined; I'm playing in AH3 as well but I don't really play the game so it's mostly for fun (AH3 is pure joy if you've never played it before).

Fugu

Our scene hates BB. Most of them spend more time criticizing it than they do playing it, which actually works out well for me because I have a lot of ground to cover (they've been playing these kind of games like, ten years longer than I have) so the longer they waste time doing that the more time I have to get better. We have casuals but they're inconsistent; however, the nice thing is that we have like eight major tournaments a year.

Really, my scene is online. I know the players on Ranked better than I know most of the people locally.

cj_iwakura

It's true in most places. BB does not get much of a turnout in the US. Its' all online.

Still, the people who do show up are generally good people. The ones we had knew their stuff. The finals were streamed, I don't know if they got recorded.

http://www.twitch.tv/stormunity

Litchi VS Arakune. Lover's quarrel!

Master Milk said:
Oman, I just saw a Platinum throw into her Astral!
Astrals Are kinda easy to combo into in general. I mean, consider the circumstance. With the opponent at what, 35% health, any 100 heat combo should kill them anyway, so why not do it with flash?

lol, I think Relius can magic series A->B->C into Astral.

_dementia said:
Astrals Are kinda easy to combo into in general. I mean, consider the circumstance. With the opponent at what, 35% health, any 100 heat combo should kill them anyway, so why not do it with flash?

Platinum could combo into bubble and then do it, but that's more trouble than it's worth. Being able to get it from throw is a lot easier.

Fugu

_dementia said:

Litchi can't combo into her astral at all. Many characters can't, and those that can can usually only do it if the proration is favorable enough that a regular combo would have killed anyway. But I agree that when it's possible it mostly just serves as an easier way to kill someone (Tsubaki).

_dementia said:
Non-hand cramp version for me please.

Edit: Saw the link. Are they trying to sell this to pedophiles?
If it were Platinum or Rachel on the pillowcase that kind of statement might make sense, but . . .

thundr51

Surprised peeps are still playing this. Went back to Tsubaki and kept getting destroyed by Tager (Throw counter FTW??). Any tips? Have to admit, no crazy about CS2 Tsubaki at all, getting stock is a bit easier, but she still dishes out laughable damage...

Fugu

Tips for what? Playing against Tager? As Tsubaki? If you play against me I can probably give you better advice.

Fugu

Well, I'm getting streamed (...at some point) here: http://www.twitch.tv/TorontoTopTiers We don't really have a play schedule but the tournament has to be done by 7 (EST) so somewhere before then, if you guys want to watch. I apologize in advance for losing, I've had a ridiculously stressful weekend.

Fugu said:
Well, I'm getting streamed (...at some point) here: http://www.twitch.tv/TorontoTopTiers We don't really have a play schedule but the tournament has to be done by 7 (EST) so somewhere before then, if you guys want to watch. I apologize in advance for losing, I've had a ridiculously stressful weekend.
Hey hey, think positive! You haven't even played yet, you could pull something off, stressed out or not!

cj_iwakura

thundr51 said:
Surprised peeps are still playing this. Went back to Tsubaki and kept getting destroyed by Tager (Throw counter FTW??). Any tips? Have to admit, no crazy about CS2 Tsubaki at all, getting stock is a bit easier, but she still dishes out laughable damage...

Rush him down. Keep the pressure on and don't let up. 236C, then bury him with your B&Bs. If he blocks it, try using 4C, 2C, then the aerial combo. Sometimes it catches them off guard since it's an overhead.

Then air dash away before he can follow up.

witchedwiz said:
out of curiosity, no news about extend being release as a in-game dlc?
it's coming out on vita, however that works

it's in japanese arcades now

it'll be a disc release in japan for ps360 the same day it comes out for vita

pretty sure we aren't gettin it as dlc

thundr51

cj_iwakura said:
Rush him down. Keep the pressure on and don't let up. 236C, then bury him with your B&Bs. If he blocks it, try using 4C, 2C, then the aerial combo. Sometimes it catches them off guard since it's an overhead.

Then air dash away before he can follow up.

I'll try it. Using the cpu for practice sucks since it just throw counters.

Top Bottom