• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, with all the patches that have come out since I sold the game, I'm going to guess that they've never toned down U. Hazama's difficulty in Arcade Mode, huh? =/

(Yes, I'm one of those weird people who plays fighters for the singleplayer just as much as the multiplayer. :lol)

I know I'm probably the only one in here who cares about Arcade Mode this much, but it always just struck me as weird that every match leading up to Hazama would be an absolute cakewalk, then Hazama would be like Omega Rugal, I-No, and Gill all rolled into one. Just so ridiculously unbalanced.

Anyway, this whole rant is coming from the fact that I actually do want to pick this up again now that it's obscenely cheap. I just don't think I've ever gotten over Hazama being such a fucker. :lol And that's kinda holding me back.

Fugu

Seraphis Cain said:
So, with all the patches that have come out since I sold the game, I'm going to guess that they've never toned down U. Hazama's difficulty in Arcade Mode, huh? =/

(Yes, I'm one of those weird people who plays fighters for the singleplayer just as much as the multiplayer. :lol)

I know I'm probably the only one in here who cares about Arcade Mode this much, but it always just struck me as weird that every match leading up to Hazama would be an absolute cakewalk, then Hazama would be like Omega Rugal, I-No, and Gill all rolled into one. Just so ridiculously unbalanced.

Anyway, this whole rant is coming from the fact that I actually do want to pick this up again now that it's obscenely cheap. I just don't think I've ever gotten over Hazama being such a fucker. :lol And that's kinda holding me back.
Just don't jump.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Success!

My old friend I used to play GGXX with came over today, and we spent about five hours playing CSII. Not only did I finally beat U. Hazama, but then HE beat him as well, having never played the game before tonight.

All because of Fugu's sage-like advice not to jump. :lol Thanks, Fugu!

Fugu

Seraphis Cain said:
Success!

My old friend I used to play GGXX with came over today, and we spent about five hours playing CSII. Not only did I finally beat U. Hazama, but then HE beat him as well, having never played the game before tonight.

All because of Fugu's sage-like advice not to jump. :lol Thanks, Fugu!
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's some serious advice.

Fugu

Yeah, the biggest thing about unlimited hazama is the unblockable chain. Because it's a perfect 45 degree angle, jumping is basically always unsafe. Because the computer makes no effort to zone otherwise, most characters can just outright beat him on the ground. When I did score attack (in CS1) I would just fish for 6B[m] counterhits, which gives 4k and corner oki every time (those were the daaaaaaaaays).

I'm still unclear on the PS3/360 versions:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is a PlayStation Vita launch title and will be available with Sony’s next handheld on December 17 in Japan.

Arc System Works are also working on a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, which the publisher confirmed today will also be available on December 17. Previously, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were slated for winter.

First print copies include a BlazBlue original soundtrack. All versions have Relius Clover, a new character added for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, new scenarios, and beginner mode to teach players the ropes.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/2...launches-on-consoles-and-vita-simultaneously/

It sounds like it's going to be disk based all around:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend includes characters that were released as paid downloadable content for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. Arc System Works plans to further lengthen Extend with a batch of downloadable content too. "Yes, we are planning downloadable content," series producer Toshimichi Mori confirmed to Siliconera in an interview.

Mori wouldn’t reveal the kind of downloadable content Arc System Works is planning for the game, though. I asked specifically about downloadable characters and Mori said, "that hasn’t been decided yet."

How do you feel about downloadable characters? Would you want Arc System Works to add someone else (if yes, who?) or is Relius Clover enough for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/2...end-blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-with-dlc/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Y'know, Arc is only hurting sales by being vague about it like this. I'd love to buy Valk and Plat (already have Makoto), but if Extend is going to be disc-only, and have all the DLC characters included, I'm just going to wait. However if it'll be available as DLC/a patch like CSII, I'll go ahead and bite on the characters now.

C'mon Arc, clear this up.

cj_iwakura

I'm starting to love playing Hakumen. Tsubaki's still my girl, but Hakumen can be a beast.

Also, he's great at keepaway. Grab this, Red Devil.

Seraphis Cain said:
Y'know, Arc is only hurting sales by being vague about it like this. I'd love to buy Valk and Plat (already have Makoto), but if Extend is going to be disc-only, and have all the DLC characters included, I'm just going to wait. However if it'll be available as DLC/a patch like CSII, I'll go ahead and bite on the characters now.

C'mon Arc, clear this up.

The way it's worded - it's sounds like it will be a disk release. I'm wondering if I should unload my CS now to make room for this, or if I would just be shooting myself in the foot?

Is there a list of changes to Extend out yet?

xero273

Tizoc said:
Been behind on CSE news, but will the game be available as a purchasable update ala SSF4: AE?
No one knows yet. It will probably be a disc release but there is no confirmation is a paid DLC upgrade will be an option too.

Fugu

I don't really care if it's disc-based, I just don't want to have to import to avoid the ridiculously bad English Litchi VA.

sephi22

I'll feel bad about missing out on Extend, but if it doesn't have a new story mode, I'm not buying.
Laugh at me if you must, but I didn't feel ripped off buying CS day 1 because the mechanics were changed a lot (the burst system for example) and it had enough new content to keep me busy for weeks.

If extend is just the 3 DLC characters (which I bought) and Relius for $40 I seriously see no reason for buying it.

sephi22 said:
I'll feel bad about missing out on Extend, but if it doesn't have a new story mode, I'm not buying.
Laugh at me if you must, but I didn't feel ripped off buying CS day 1 because the mechanics were changed a lot (the burst system for example) and it had enough new content to keep me busy for weeks.

If extend is just the 3 DLC characters (which I bought) and Relius for $40 I seriously see no reason for buying it.

Extend is a whole rework system. If you look up, there's a change log from the loketests.

xero273

sephi22 said:

System Mechanics:•Gold burst - Duration decreased, less invincibility. Easier to bait and punish
•Break burst - 25% Heat mechanic from the last test no longer exists. Now invulnerable to all attacks (will no longer clash with projectiles?). Faster startup
•Knockback - When air guarding a ground attack, knockback is increased to make it easier to gain some distance
•All glide throws have been removed
•Counter assault - Aside from characters that can normally combo from a counter assault (Carl, Arakune), characters can no longer combo from it (such as a counterhit in the corner)
•Throw (midscreen) - All characters(?) can now follow up midscreen throws. Thus far, many characters have been observed to be able to special cancel their throws
•2A, 5A - All characters with self-gatling A's can only do them up to 3 times now. If there were limits before, they are still in place (like Taokaka A, which was 2)
•Wall bound glitch - Fixed
Barrier changes•Barrier gauge - Depletes faster when used to guard moves
•Guarding moves with 1 primer depletes less gauge now
•Barrier guard - Larger knockback on moves with a higher attack level.
•Instant barrier guard - Knockback is even larger, making it easier to get away

more changes at link

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...t-Extend-loketest-8-25-UNHELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

Fugu

Master Milk said:
While I rock the Jap voices on mine, I wouldn't call the English ones ridiculously bad.
The quality of them is not uniform. Tager, Tao, Hakumen, Carl and Valkenhyn are fine. Noel's and Litchi's are just grating, though. She sounds like a buffoon.

Tager probably won't be king of the bottom anymore, which is bad news for us American players because we're already getting wrecked by Tager.

Fugu said:
The quality of them is not uniform. Tager, Tao, Hakumen, Carl and Valkenhyn are fine. Noel's and Litchi's are just grating, though. She sounds like a buffoon.

Tager probably won't be king of the bottom anymore, which is bad news for us American players because we're already getting wrecked by Tager.
Oh, you mean the things she says? Yea, she sounds like an idiots.

XenoRaven

So is Extend just CS2 with all the DLC characters or is it ANOTHER balance update? As someone who is looking to get into this game with no prior knowledge of BlazBlue or ASW fighting games in general, this is all very confusing.

XenoRaven said:
So is Extend just CS2 with all the DLC characters or is it ANOTHER balance update? As someone who is looking to get into this game with no prior knowledge of BlazBlue or ASW fighting games in general, this is all very confusing.
It's another balance update + new character. Think of it as "CS3".

If I'm not mistaken the home release will have some new modes like 2-on-2 as well.

XenoRaven

_dementia said:
It's another balance update + new character. Think of it as "CS3".

If I'm not mistaken the home release will have some new modes like 2-on-2 as well.
Any proposed date/timeframe for Extend on consoles?

xero273

XenoRaven said:
Any proposed date/timeframe for Extend on consoles?

you seem to be lost... street fighter thread is a couple threads down!

It's coming out in Japan December 17th. No date has been announced yet for other places.

XenoRaven

xero273 said:
you seem to be lost... street fighter thread is a couple threads down!

It's coming out in Japan December 17th. No date has been announced yet for other places.
Well I got tired of beating you all the time so I figured I'd pick up a game where you have an advantage.

Are you getting Extend? If not I'll just stick with CS/2.

xero273

XenoRaven said:
Well I got tired of beating you all the time so I figured I'd pick up a game where you have an advantage.

Are you getting Extend? If not I'll just stick with CS/2.

Yes, I will get Extend.

Korigama

Grifter said:
I put the VA in English for CS2. I GOT THE WOLF'S FANG in some silly accent is insanely funny to me and some buddies.
"I AM THE WOLF'S FANG! All that stands in my way...WILL BE DESTROYED!"

*always got hyped by that, though*

...His surprised/disappointed "Oh..." throw miss reaction is pretty funny, though.

Hmm, I'm kind of tempted to get it since there's been no mention of when it'll come stateside. I'd actually have some time to play near the end of the year, too.

Hmmmmm.

Korigama

Fugu said:
Seeing as you all seem to know the VAs, I'm assuming that you PLAY THE GAME. Are any of you on PSN?
Late response, but I am a PSN player. Haven't logged in for some time, though (even longer since I played, but I tend to shake off the rust after a bit).

Fugu

Master Milk said:
I'm totally on PSN, with my crappy internet.
I completely forgot to answer your question on PSN.

I did alright, I didn't win, but I wasn't expecting to. As is usual for a tournament, the casuals afterwards were more productive than the tournament itself was. I'm satisfied with my performance, as I beat a lot of people I don't usually beat. I've also gotten a lot better in the last week, although my hated for online play continues.

Fugu said:
I completely forgot to answer your question on PSN.

I did alright, I didn't win, but I wasn't expecting to. As is usual for a tournament, the casuals afterwards were more productive than the tournament itself was. I'm satisfied with my performance, as I beat a lot of people I don't usually beat. I've also gotten a lot better in the last week, although my hated for online play continues.
Oh, well that's great! How many people were there?

. . . I really wish we could have good matches online.

Top Bottom