• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Shadow Red said:
Just came back from AX. Had a great time at the Aksys booth and man, pre-ordering CS is a given. That game is amazing!

Were people buying the BlazBlue sticks :) ?

Coeliacus

I loved how varied peoples opinions are of the OST tunes, says something about well they suit their respective characters. Valk is my favourite of the new ones. The Hazama ones are great too but I appreciate the moody heavy feel of Valks more so. A bit different to my CT preferences when I really dug Noels theme the most, I think I miss Daisuke's heavier stuff.

Hurry up game, really need that training mode. :s

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge said:
Can I get some tips vs. Hazama? I keep getting wrecked when I fight against people using him. His hook stuff just throws me off.

cough.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:
Umm who do you use that would kinda help. Not that's there is really much to say about countering him really unless your carl/mu/haku

Everyone else pretty much has to stay on top of him and watch out for counter Jayoku Houtenjin. That's the general idea anyways. In the end it pretty much comes down to can you catch a fly or would calling him spider-man make more sense? :lol

hxa155 said:
So now that Valkenhayn, Plantina and Makoto's been basically confirmed. Who should we expect next?
Makoto first, on August 5th. Valk is assumed to be the next one and Platinum will be the last.
They are the last remaining newcomers. There is noone else.

Lyte Edge

QisTopTier said:
Umm who do you use that would kinda help. Not that's there is really much to say about countering him really unless your carl/mu/haku

Everyone else pretty much has to stay on top of him and watch out for counter Jayoku Houtenjin. That's the general idea anyways. In the end it pretty much comes down to can you catch a fly or would calling him spider-man make more sense? :lol

Been using more Litchi than Tager lately. Haven't settled on a main because of the upcoming DLC characters.

How do you counter him with Mu?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:
Been using more Litchi than Tager lately. Haven't settled on a main because of the upcoming DLC characters.

How do you counter him with Mu?

The crystals block the damn snake :lol

hxa155

_dementia said:
Makoto first, on August 5th. Valk is assumed to be the next one and Platinum will be the last.
They are the last remaining newcomers. There is noone else.

so no Jubei?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
It seems BBCS got bump to July 20th on Canada Amazon.com, dunno if that will affect the US release in any way. But I kinda hope it does.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
xero273 said:
I believe the characters that we know of were files found on the disc. Since no one found jubei on the disc, we can only assume Jubei isn't dlc for now.

They gotta save something for the next game.

xero273 said:
I believe the characters that we know of were files found on the disc. Since no one found jubei on the disc, we can only assume Jubei isn't dlc for now.

That's right they only have the three planned for now but you never know. They might decide to do another round of DLC characters 6 months from now. Jubei and Kokonoe would be the obvious ones.

Lyte Edge

QisTopTier said:
The crystals block the damn snake :lol

LOL, I'm gonna have to try playing her against a Hazama player then.

I've been doing better and getting used to him now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
-DarKaoZ- said:
It seems BBCS got bump to July 20th on Canada Amazon.com, dunno if that will affect the US release in any way. But I kinda hope it does.

Yeah, I noticed that. Realllllly hope it gets pushed up.

Drac

So, how do you unlock unlimited version of characters ? I read that you do that with arcade mode but finishing it in normal didn't do the job, do you have to do it in hell ?
As always completing the story of one character or more (you know why) unlocks the special audio of its seiyu.

xero273

Drac said:
So, how do you unlock unlimited version of characters ? I read that you do that with arcade mode but finishing it in normal didn't do the job, do you have to do it in hell ?
As always completing the story of one character or more (you know why) unlocks the special audio of its seiyu.

From what I read, beat score attk mode with the character.

Fugu

I(t) came, I'll be playing nonstop until my wrists turn to dust. I posted in the matchup thread, but I'm wondering who actually has the game.

Drac

xero273 said:

Ouch... if that's the way, that's a dick move :lol I guess now I can hope to get one, maybe two unlimited characters at best :lol (no way I'm going to pay for something I don't really plan to use). Just the thought of going through this hell again with even more unlimited bullshit...

cnet128

Banned
xero273 said:
Oh God, please tell me this isn't true. Anything but that. I've been dreading that possibility ever since I read that quote about how it 'won't be easy' to unlock them. ~~

I mean, hell, I never even managed to beat Score Attack with Jin in the first game. What hope do I have of ever doing it with every freaking character? >_< (Or even just a small selection of characters that I particularly care about...)

Tell me the old VS-battle-for-infinite-continues trick still works, at least...

hxa155

cnet128 said:
Oh God, please tell me this isn't true. Anything but that. I've been dreading that possibility ever since I read that quote about how it 'won't be easy' to unlock them. ~~

I mean, hell, I never even managed to beat Score Attack with Jin in the first game. What hope do I have of ever doing it with every freaking character? >_< (Or even just a small selection of characters that I particularly care about...)

Tell me the old VS-battle-for-infinite-continues trick still works, at least...

They'll probably put dlc to unlock all characters later on.

cnet128

Banned
Yes, I know you can unlock them that way, but as the guy above me said, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay good money just for Unlimited characters, especially when they can (theoretically...) be unlocked in-game instead ~~

Fugu

Well, five (laggy) online matches later...

Has anyone had an online match that was not extremely laggy? I would imagine it's because I'm playing against the Japanese, but still.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fugu said:
Well, five (laggy) online matches later...

Has anyone had an online match that was not extremely laggy? I would imagine it's because I'm playing against the Japanese, but still.

You mean lag in CS?

xero273

ezekial45 said:
Are there any gameplay videos of Valkenhayn Hellsing? I'd like to see him in action.

no, to my knowledge he hasn't been offically announced yet by aksys. we only have files off the disc that confirm he is dlc character

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Also, we don't even have videos of Makoto yet. I don't think either of the other characters will even get shown before she's out.

fubarduck

Lyte Edge said:

Hazama is unsafe if he comes in with the chain crossup when you block. You can hit him with an anti-air or whatever. The only time he can come in safely with the chain is from a counter hit. That piece of info should be enough to get you past the scrubby Hazama players. He's a character with a lot of flaws, not even close to top tier.

MarkMan said:
Were people buying the BlazBlue sticks :) ?
They were actually. In fact, Aksys gave out a wristband at the panel and if you buy the stick, it'll only cost you $160. Then again, we only carry enough cash for food.

Forbiden

To all of those who bought the Japanese version, I have a question for you.

Are the vocal versions of character themes in the game? More specifically, I am curious as to if Condemnation Wings ~ Cry Camellia in the game? I am totally in love with that track, but I've heard that none of the vocal themes were in the game. Can anyone confirm? If they aren't, it would be a true pity. i love Cry Camellia, and one of the things I really liked about CT was the fact that they included Love So Blue into the game track.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
3 weeks to go can't wait!

And hazama may not be GOD TIER STATUS but when used right he's still really damn good.

He does to much dmg with his easy to gain meter to to anything less than mid high.

*points at buppa, get's lectured about player being good doesn't mean character is good, doesn't listen*

:lol

QisTopTier said:
3 weeks to go can't wait!

And hazama may not be GOD TIER STATUS but when used right he's still really damn good.

He does to much dmg with his easy to gain meter to to anything less than mid high.

*points at buppa, get's lectured about player being good doesn't mean character is good, doesn't listen*

:lol

When I'm bored in between work I just watch all the high level Hazama arcade matches.

Forbiden said:
To all of those who bought the Japanese version, I have a question for you.

Are the vocal versions of character themes in the game? More specifically, I am curious as to if Condemnation Wings ~ Cry Camellia in the game? I am totally in love with that track, but I've heard that none of the vocal themes were in the game. Can anyone confirm? If they aren't, it would be a true pity. i love Cry Camellia, and one of the things I really liked about CT was the fact that they included Love So Blue into the game track.

Love So Blue is still in. None of the others are.

Beth Cyra

Urban Scholar said:
When I'm bored in between work I just watch all the high level Hazama arcade matches.
I have tried to do that, except I wanted to see High Lvl Tsubaki, sucks I couldn't find much.

LegatoB

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Love So Blue is still in. None of the others are.
It's for the best, really. The songs are really lazily produced: all they did was have the voice actresses sing atop a completely untouched version of the original theme. This is one thing those goofy old Guilty Gear vocal albums got right: they adjusted the instrumentation so that the vocals would substitute for the "lead" instrument and complement the song rather than hanging limply atop it.

The only one of those vocal songs that works in the slightest is Bang's, because Bang is exactly the kind of character who would sing along to his own theme music, and it's hilarious.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
LegatoB said:
It's for the best, really. The songs are really lazily produced: all they did was have the voice actresses sing atop a completely untouched version of the original theme. This is one thing those goofy old Guilty Gear vocal albums got right: they adjusted the instrumentation so that the vocals would substitute for the "lead" instrument and complement the song rather than hanging limply atop it.

The only one of those vocal songs that works in the slightest is Bang's, because Bang is exactly the kind of character who would sing along to his own theme music, and it's hilarious.

Condemnation Wings w/vocals sounds wayyyyy better than the original.

TruePrime said:
I have tried to do that, except I wanted to see High Lvl Tsubaki, sucks I couldn't find much.

Best ones I've seen are Inoue (MIA since forever but the best Tsubaki, imo), Ebifurai and Ten.

Beth Cyra

Prototype-03 said:
Best ones I've seen are Inoue (MIA since forever but the best Tsubaki, imo), Ebifurai and Ten.

Thanks for the names, I may have to use them directly, before it was very hit and miss because I would just type BlazeBlue and Tsubaki into youtube.

TruePrime said:
Thanks for the names, I may have to use them directly, before it was very hit and miss because I would just type BlazeBlue and Tsubaki into youtube.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9004-Tsubaki-Yayoi-Video-Compilation-2.0-Now-with-more-charging!

That's all you really need, really.

Beth Cyra

Prototype-03 said:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9004-Tsubaki-Yayoi-Video-Compilation-2.0-Now-with-more-charging!

That's all you really need, really.

Thanks, I am very grateful.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Is Hakumen still the character for people who don't like long combos, or is there a better choice now?

Forbiden

bernardobri said:
Condemnation Wings w/vocals sounds wayyyyy better than the original.

By FAR. Condemnation Wings without vocals actually sounds lame to me after hearing Cry Camellia so many times. But I guess I'll have to do without the song in the game :(

Top Bottom