• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haha, they let you use beginner mode in ranked now? I forget what the simplified buttons are, but I'm sure people will be trying to abuse it as much as possible!

Papercuts said:
Haha, they let you use beginner mode in ranked now? I forget what the simplified buttons are, but I'm sure people will be trying to abuse it as much as possible!

I don't know if abused is the right word... I think it's a good way for new people to get into it. You're a lot more restricted on what you're doing so I really don't see anybody decent losing to someone using beginner mode. Would be funny to watch two beginner mode users go at it though.

remz

It's kind of like a handicap really, seeing as you're not going to be doing any of the more preposterous shit with beginner mode any time soon

Papercuts

I atleast know it actually prevents some of the more powerful combos + makes you unable to burst, but I just meant it in the same way people in CT tried to D spam with Noel and Ice Car with Jin, there will probably be something people will try to abuse with this in CS.

Papercuts said:
I atleast know it actually prevents some of the more powerful combos + makes you unable to burst, but I just meant it in the same way people in CT tried to D spam with Noel and Ice Car with Jin, there will probably be something people will try to abuse with this in CS.

Like Tager's 360 :D

Papercuts

CT disabled easy specials in ranked, which is why I think it's weird that beginner mode actually is active now. But yeah, people abuse that in player matches a lot. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How do abuse noels D and jins Ice car they are both unsafe on block

Btw easy specials was off by default if I remember correctly. It's not like using that makes a move come out faster or recover faster anyways.... It just looks like you are complaining about nothing :lol

Papercuts

Some people had a lot of trouble with it, haha. I always loved them as Tager though, 720 the ice car and sledge the hell out of D spam ftw.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Papercuts said:
Some people had a lot of trouble with it, haha. I always loved them as Tager though, 720 the ice car and sledge the hell out of D spam ftw.
some people = people that suck ass and should get better before crying about it, every character in the game can hit jin after a blocked icecar.

remz

Papercuts said:
CT disabled easy specials in ranked, which is why I think it's weird that beginner mode actually is active now. But yeah, people abuse that in player matches a lot. :lol
Beginner mode is kind of a differant approach to the easy mode thing than easy specials. While the auto combos you get by mashing A sometimes seem a little too awesome (watching beginner mode hazama super jump around doing shit that I still have trouble with was distressing) the way it handles other stuff is kinda clumsy, namely special moves, supers and defending, so it's not like you're going to get smashed by a beginner when you know the game

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Fugu said:
Well, five (laggy) online matches later...

Has anyone had an online match that was not extremely laggy? I would imagine it's because I'm playing against the Japanese, but still.

It's been fine for me (playing on XBL). BlazBlue CS continues to have the best netcode of all the console fighters. I had one match with some slight lag in one round. Should be fine for you once U.S. players get the game.

How's your connection normally? Are you playing this on 360 or PS3? If it's the latter, I can certainly see there being lag no matter what game it is. XBL is better.

Beth Cyra

Lyte Edge said:
It's been fine for me (playing on XBL). BlazBlue CS continues to have the best netcode of all the console fighters. I had one match with some slight lag in one round. Should be fine for you once U.S. players get the game.

How's your connection normally? Are you playing this on 360 or PS3? If it's the latter, I can certainly see there being lag no matter what game it is. XBL is better.

P2P is P2P. If the only difference should be is if the net code was more optimized for the X360 version.

Not only that but Blaze Blue CT Ran like a dream online for PS3.

Fugu

Lyte Edge said:

My connection is great, in CT I had great pings to players on the west and not-so-great pings to players on the east. I suspect this is just a continuation of that trend.

Also, BlazBlue is P2P. The network you log in to has no bearing on the quality of connections.

EDIT: I'll be specific. My connection is 10/2, I live in Canada, and my connections to 90% of the players right now are red or purple. One player (who I know lives somewhere in the West) I consistently get a good connection to.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:

Someone doesn't know how P2P works :lol

Hell xbox and ps3 could play games with each other if microsoft and sony let them... Burnout paradise (or was it another burnout game been to long) was gonna be like that before microsoft was like NO dont do it. :lol

I forgot which game it was but xbox and ps3 share the same leader boards too just can't play each other.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lyte Edge said:

2yv331x.jpg

Fugu

I feel like I should be asking this in the matchup thread, but...

Does anyone else have the game already on PSN? I would love someone not

extremely

laggy

to play against.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Fugu said:
I feel like I should be asking this in the matchup thread, but...

Does anyone else have the game already on PSN? I would love someone not

extremely

laggy

to play against.

Play-asia still hasn't shipped mine. I am beginning to feel something vaguely similar to rage.

Fugu

luka said:
Play-asia still hasn't shipped mine. I am beginning to feel something vaguely similar to rage.
Amiami shipped mine in five days, despite the fact that I paid for express shipping.

Couldn't fucking wait another day, really.

cnet128

Banned
I can never justify the price of express shipping. YesAsia shipped my copy today. Standard shipping. The thought of how long the wait is likely to be brings me physical pain.

Beth Cyra

cnet128 said:
I can never justify the price of express shipping. YesAsia shipped my copy today. Standard shipping. The thought of how long the wait is likely to be brings me physical pain.

I am on the other side, I can't ever import anything without express shiping, just because I know the wait is going to piss me off.

cnet128

Banned
Yeah, but when the express shipping alone is exorbitantly priced, *plus* you know using it is going to guarantee you get owned by Customs... It's just not worth it.

I mean, hell, I'm already paying about twice as much as I would be if I waited to import the American version, *and* getting less content into the bargain (not that it matters much to me if there's no English language, but it might to some of the other people who might play my copy). Can I really justify paying *another* small fortune on top of that just to get it a little quicker?

Fugu

cnet128 said:
Yeah, but when the express shipping alone is exorbitantly priced, *plus* you know using it is going to guarantee you get owned by Customs... It's just not worth it.

I mean, hell, I'm already paying about twice as much as I would be if I waited to import the American version, *and* getting less content into the bargain (not that it matters much to me if there's no English language, but it might to some of the other people who might play my copy). Can I really justify paying *another* small fortune on top of that just to get it a little quicker?
I pay for express shipping because I get tracking, that's it.

Canada Post has a bad habit of leaving packages in front of my door if no one answers the doorbell, and I get my packages tracked so I'll have evidence if someone decides to take something one day.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA3B7GfhjWA

small preview of Makoto... her drive works like those old golf games, hold button meter charges let go at the right time BAM level 3 wait to long level 1 ITS REALLY FREAKING FAST AND STRICT LOOKING TOO :D

I hope she's like what ct bang was before sorta confusing, I hate cs bang so much :lol

remz

I like her boxing style punches, kinda reminds me of skanky squirrel dudely or something, in that regard.

And what about her drive? Is that the fireball thing at the start?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
remz said:
I like her boxing style punches, kinda reminds me of skanky squirrel dudely or something, in that regard.

And what about her drive? Is that the fireball thing at the start?

No that was just something related to it. Watch above her heat gauge over the course of the fight. a little meter that goes 1231 really fast pops up. It's the Uppercut she did, and that far reaching straight punch. Im sure she has more but they didn't do anything else.

remz

QisTopTier said:
No that was just something related to it. Watch above her heat gauge over the course of the fight. a little meter that goes 1231 really fast pops up. It's the Uppercut she did, and that far reaching straight punch. Im sure she has more but they didn't do anything else.
Aaah right right, that's interesting.

I wanna try it out!

QisTopTier said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA3B7GfhjWA

small preview of Makoto... her drive works like those old golf games, hold button meter charges let go at the right time BAM level 3 wait to long level 1 ITS REALLY FREAKING FAST AND STRICT LOOKING TOO :D

I want she's like what ct bang was before sorta confusing, I hate cs bang so much :lol

That looks awesome , can't wait to try her out .
Also Wait on the USA version for story mode.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm disappointed that the first time I'll be able to play a 2D fighting game girl who reminds me of Tracy from Toshinden, or Talim of Soul Calibur... is dressed like Makoto. -sigh-

Other than that, she does looks interesting. The fighitng style looks cool, but... I really can't judge BB characters on basic looks. Too much rides on what their "theme" ends up being after really delving deep into them... but at surface level, she looks cool!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Will you have to buy the DLC characters, or will be there a way to unlock them through arcade mode or story mode?

Volcynika

Hcoregamer00 said:
Will you have to buy the DLC characters, or will be there a way to unlock them through arcade mode or story mode?

Don't think they've said anything about the possibility of the characters being unlockable.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Volcynika said:
Don't think they've said anything about the possibility of the characters being unlockable.

Mu you can buy or unlock. The rest I think are buy only.

Flek

Banned
uh i thought its only 1 Buy Charackter?

Also - whats the best us store for europeans to import Blazblue - Continuum Shift from? (

xero273

-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh wow... well that is why you Watermark your stuff, there are cleaver ways to do it with out messing around with the art.

But what is worse, it seems they didn't even gave credit. =/

////// Die Bilder etc. stammen von _dementia @neogaf //////

at the very bottom. It only credits the images to dementia though.. at least that's what google translate says.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
xero273 said:
////// Die Bilder etc. stammen von _dementia @neogaf //////

at the very bottom. It only credits the images to dementia

Oh cool, well at least he did credit the images then. Sorry didn't saw that the first time I saw the topic.

Imm0rt4l said:
that's super lame.

edit: now it's asking for username password to see the site.

It seems he is checking this thread... Because I don't remember seen the topic giving credit to _dementia before. =/

Flek

Banned
ruh oh … i did this thread BUT i wrote you a pm about it, gave you full credit, rehosted the pictures. I didnt know it would bother you so mouch. I just wanted to spread some BB love in europe :(

But yeha whatever, thread is gone, iam going to kick out your 3 pictures reformat it and bring it up later.

Whatever - no offense. ive had ot threads too and dont care if peoble "copy" them (in other languages) because i thing its more of a honor. Like "your thread is so awesome iam showing it to more peoble".

anyway - i should have pmed you before, my bad - SORY.

vocab

Lyte Edge said:

That's certainly a good way to justify the money spent on live, but sadly that isn't the case when it comes to comparison. P2P is P2P, the connection is only as good as your opponents.
Anyway, 360 connections are about to get a whole lot worse now that the new version of the console has wireless out of the box. While 360 had the benefit of having a lot of people on wired, the quality of matches will be pretty much the same now.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Flek said:
ruh oh … i did this thread BUT i wrote you a pm about it, gave you full credit, rehosted the pictures. I didnt know it would bother you so mouch. I just wanted to spread some BB love in europe :(

But yeha whatever, thread is gone, iam going to kick out your 3 pictures reformat it and bring it up later.

Whatever - no offense. ive had ot threads too and dont care if peoble "copy" them (in other languages) because i thing its more of a honor. Like "your thread is so awesome iam showing it to more peoble".

Talking about last second plot twist. :lol

Flek said:

Flek,
I would be honored if you asked me "Nice thread, may I copy it?"
But instead, you copied it, posted it elsewhere, then asked me if it would be okay.

That's grimy as fuck.

Flek

Banned
_dementia said:
Flek,
I would be honored if you asked me "Nice thread, may I copy it?"
But instead, you copied it, posted it elsewhere, then asked me if it would be okay.

That's grimy as fuck.

like i said, my fault for not asking you first. But instead i asked you the second i whas done. You answered that you didnt like it and i immediately wrote you back that i would remove your pictures etc and delete it. But instead of replying you had to bring it up in this thread and kinda derail it.

Sory man, like i said, i didnt want to offend you or anything. But please stop implying that i wanted to "rip you off" or something. That whas never my intention. Because if it whasm i wouldnt have given you credit and wouldnt have written you the pm at all.

Id say > Lets just fight this out as soon as we have ouer games in a nice little match ;) cool?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Top Bottom