• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kintaro said:
Capcom did some things BB: CS aren't and vice versa. BB: CD will have a much better netcode, tutorial, and challenge modes to learn the ins and outs of the game. Balance patches as well. Also, can play online matches while you're in any mode. Throw in a big story mode as well.

Both for $40. SSF4 is doing DLC costumes (on the disc), BB: CS is doing DLC characters (not on the disc).

Not seeing the problem here.

If you dont see an appreciable difference between alt costumes and full characters, you are just plain bad at value comparisons

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Mu's theme <<<<<<<<<<<< Nu's

As a whole, none of the new themes are close to Hazama or Hazama/Ragna...

cnet128

Banned
Oh, wow. just listened to Platina and Valkenhayn's themes... I think I'm in love. So much win. Hype reaching critical levels :D

kiryogi

Banned
Think all 3 themes are pretty win. But in general I love Ishiwataris stuff. I was listening to the CT ost for weeks in my car.

remz

Curufinwe said:
So the "z" is supposed to be silent? I heard that on the latest Warning! A Huge Podcast for the first time this week.
English pronunciation: Blaze Blue

Japanese pronunciation: Burei Blue (meant to be either BraveBlue or Blazeblue)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Dizzy-4U said:
Is there gonna be a limited edition for the US release? The japanese one is pretty sold out everywhere.

No LE in the US.

They are apparently going to sell off some LE stuff here though, like the Nendoroid.

cnet128

Banned
Curufinwe said:
So the "z" is supposed to be silent? I heard that on the latest Warning! A Huge Podcast for the first time this week.
Well, I believe the the original logic behind the title is that it was inspired by three words: "Blaze", "Blue" and "Bravery". The third one gets pretty much lost in English, but it's the reason why the 'z' is silent in the Japanese version: so that the Japanese pronunciations of "BlazBlue" (bureiburuu) and "bravery" (bureiburii) sound incredibly similar.

But obviously, since this is all completely unintuitive in English, the localisation just uses the more natural English pronunciation of "Blaze-Blue".

Drac

Oh god, the parallel ending with Ragna
where they are crossing the river as ghost
:lol I'm dying here, I can't believe how long this thing is :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DY_nasty said:
Mu's theme <<<<<<<<<<<< Nu's

As a whole, none of the new themes are close to Hazama or Hazama/Ragna...

Really? Maybe it was the way they overkilled Nu's theme(being the background of Netplay), but it's pretty blah to me now. Mu's is one of my favorite, along with Makoto's now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Papercuts said:
Really? Maybe it was the way they overkilled Nu's theme(being the background of Netplay), but it's pretty blah to me now. Mu's is one of my favorite, along with Makoto's now.
Yeah, they definitely pimped Nu's theme pretty hard. I didn't get crushed by it like a lot of people because I played BB offline more than anything else.

Don't like these newest four themes at all though (Makoto's and Val's are okay, I guess). When compared to the rest of the cast, they all sound C+ at best and supremely bland imo.

Papercuts

Valkenhayn - Howling Moon
Makoto - Alexandrite
Platinum - Active Angel

Valk even more confirmed for werewolf. :lol

Beth Cyra

Papercuts said:
Valkenhayn - Howling Moon
Makoto - Alexandrite
Platinum - Active Angel

Valk even more confirmed for werewolf. :lol

Not surprised by Platnium's theme name. Though I would think of Tsubaki because of her wings and light based attacks before her when it comes to Angel's.

vg260

Random question about Continuum Shift:

Did they lower the volume on Bang's super move where that crazy song blasts about twice as loud as everything else in the game? That drove me crazy in CT.

2&2 said:

Did they lower the volume on Bang's super move where that crazy song blasts about twice as loud as everything else in the game? That drove me crazy in CT.

FURINKAZAN deserves to be played EVEN LOUDER, sir!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
2&2 said:

You obviously don't understand. How else would they properly convey his BURNING RED-HOT MANLY SPIRIT AND PASSION if it wasn't cranked up to 11?

Papercuts

They actually patched it in CT already, same with Rachel's lightning sound. I miss the supreme loudness of them both!

Pirabear

Banned
Looked through the DLC list and noticed this:

1/7/10: Arranged system voices (Tetsuya Kakihara)
8/7/10: Arranged system voices (Saitou Chiwa)
15/7/10: Arranged system voices (Sawashiro Miyuki)

What are the chances of Arksys dubbing this too? I want an English Tao announcer!

careksims

Dizzy-4U said:
Oh crap, gonna have to snatch one japanese LE as soon as possible. Any good alternative to play-asia?

Damn! Linking you to the PS3 one on YesAsia, but it's temporary out of stock again. I was able to snag one before they sold out again. They still have the 360 version there.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/blazblue-continuum-shift-limited-box/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.BLAZBLUE+Continuum+Shift+%28Limited+Box%29-en/list.html#&sb=149&l=1&bt=48&ss=100&s=1&vm=32&vn=33&q=BLAZBLUE%20Continuum%20Shift%20%28Limited%20Box%29&bpt=48&cid=226&sea=1

They do free shipping. No Taxes

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can I get some tips vs. Hazama? I keep getting wrecked when I fight against people using him. His hook stuff just throws me off.

Dizzy-4U

careksims said:
Damn! Linking you to the PS3 one on YesAsia, but it's temporary out of stock again. I was able to snag one before they sold out again. They still have the 360 version there.

They do free shipping. No Taxes
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it hoping they'll get it again.

Varion

Dizzy-4U said:
Oh crap, gonna have to snatch one japanese LE as soon as possible. Any good alternative to play-asia?
These guys still seem to have a decent number in stock. Never used them myself, but a friend recommended them a while back.

Luminate said:
Looked through the DLC list and noticed this:

1/7/10: Arranged system voices (Tetsuya Kakihara)
8/7/10: Arranged system voices (Saitou Chiwa)
15/7/10: Arranged system voices (Sawashiro Miyuki)

What are the chances of Arksys dubbing this too? I want an English Tao announcer!
Done already. The Japanese system voice downloads contain both English and Japanese versions according to the official site.

Beth Cyra

I don't know where to ask, and I don't think it deserves a thread of it's own, but is there any chance the DSI Ware BlazBlue game will make it over to america?

Forbiden

hxa155 said:
Valk's theme is the better of the three but still not as good as Boss Hazama's theme.

Honestly my favorite song from CS has got to be Nightmare Fiction, but Endless Despair and Gluttony Fang come in veeeeery veeery close. And of the three new themes, for some reason the only one that I really liked was Valkenhayns. Motokos and Platinums did nothing for me saddly, despite the fact that I love Ishiwatari.

Forbiden said:
Honestly my favorite song from CS has got to be Nightmare Fiction, but Endless Despair and Gluttony Fang come in veeeeery veeery close. And of the three new themes, for some reason the only one that I really liked was Valkenhayns. Motokos and Platinums did nothing for me saddly, despite the fact that I love Ishiwatari.
Exactly my thoughts.

Equally, the three tracks did nothing for me :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man I'm so hyped up now =D I can't wait to beat you all to death again :D Proto has a head start on me though -.- screw you!

Top Bottom