• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

cnet128

Banned
Dreavus said:
:lol awesome.

Wait, why are there two voice tests per person?
That'll be the 'English' and 'Japanese' versions. Both in quotes, because the English versions aren't going to sound like real English no matter how hard the voice actors try, and the Japanese versions can hardly be called Japanese when all the words they're saying are still English. So it just boils down to the fact that they're attempting to sound like actual English speakers in one version, and using more Japanised pronunciations in the other.

Kuugrr

cnet128 said:
That'll be the 'English' and 'Japanese' versions. Both in quotes, because the English versions aren't going to sound like real English no matter how hard the voice actors try, and the Japanese versions can hardly be called Japanese when all the words they're saying are still English. So it just boils down to the fact that they're attempting to sound like actual English speakers in one version, and using more Japanised pronunciations in the other.

Oh, so that's what it is. Somebody in a stream made it sound like option A was the actual English voice actor, but... uh... DISTERSHUN FENESH definitely says otherwise. :lol

cnet128

Banned
MGrant said:
It's weird because he says "congratulations" more accurately in the "Japanese" one.
Well, a Japanese person's idea of what sounds 'English' isn't always going to be the same as a native speaker's =p

cnet128

Banned
Epic enough to pay good money for it, though? No matter how much I ask myself that question, the answer always seems to be 'no'. Characters, I can justify paying for, but cosmetic things like costumes and these announcer voices...

Besides which, I don't think they've confirmed anything about releasing these for more than a handful of the characters at this point.

Degen said:
THE... IS... NING
:lol

RE..L...NE....TION...kihihihihi!

cnet128 said:
Epic enough to pay good money for it, though? No matter how much I ask myself that question, the answer always seems to be 'no'. Characters, I can justify paying for, but cosmetic things like costumes and these announcer voices...
Well...I'd probably get it. Depends on how much money we're talking. $1.99? Sure thing.

Dreavus

cnet128 said:

Ah that seems to be it, thanks. Interesting choice for them to include both, but man - the two "english" ones uploaded so far sound extremely forced.

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Oh man, are they doing an announcer track with each character? Arakune's would be epic!

Arakune's would be cool, until I imagine him saying "counter" in the crazy voice over and over and over again. D:

HeresSomeWeapons said:
:lol

RE..L...NE....TION...kihihihihi!

Well...I'd probably get it. Depends on how much money we're talking. $1.99? Sure thing.
Lol, I would laugh to that every time the match starts.

Fugu

Dreavus said:
Ah that seems to be it, thanks. Interesting choice for them to include both, but man - the two "english" ones uploaded so far sound extremely forced.

Arakune's would be cool, until I imagine him saying "counter" in the crazy voice over and over and over again. D:
I want to hear 何を何を何を何を何を every time someone gets CH'd.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
IN ORDER TO GET IN GAF CHAT YOU HAVE TO BEAT ME AND PROTO BACK TO BACK

4uz5hkjpg.png

Dreavus

QisTopTier said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/jordanhell/4uz5hkjpg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

How about I play proto late at night a bunch of times until he gets tired so I can pull off a win, and not fight you at all? :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:
Maybe we should do a chat on something sensible like IRC, and not retarded proprietary console chat network bullshit. Just an idea, but always a better option.

Easier to know when someone is online to play, instead of asking in IRC "Games PLZ?" and then nobody showing.

Beth Cyra

What are people using for the BlazeBlue chat? Or if we aren't allowed to ask for that, can I get an invite? Well only if scrubs/nubs are allowed in, I am pretty terrible.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Prototype-03 said:
Made a Continuum Shift GAF Chat to anyone who's interested.

PSN: Prototype-03

Thanks for the invite. More people here seemed to play on PS3 with CT. Wonder if it will be the same with CS?

xero273

TruePrime said:
What are people using for the BlazeBlue chat? Or if we aren't allowed to ask for that, can I get an invite? Well only if scrubs/nubs are allowed in, I am pretty terrible.

it's a ps3 thing. makes it so much easier to start lobbies. If you have a ps3, just add prototype and ask for a invite to the bb chat room.

hikarutilmitt said:
Easier to know when someone is online to play, instead of asking in IRC "Games PLZ?" and then nobody showing.

Isn't that what friends lists are for? Oh wait, it's PS3 so you may not be able to fit everybody on there. :X

Would be good to just have general chat for real time game tactic discussion.

Also has anybody translated what the start / select options in training mode mean? SSF4 training is a pain in the balls since there's no option to have the CPU perform the combo so you can see the timing. Running over to the computer to pull it up on Youtube is bullshit when the combo replay/play option could just be included in the training mode. :|

Volcynika

Isn't that what friends lists are for? Oh wait, it's PS3 so you may not be able to fit everybody on there. :X

Also has anybody translated what the start / select options in training mode mean? SSF4 training is a pain in the balls since there's no option to have the CPU perform the combo so you can see the timing. Running over to the computer to pull it up on Youtube is bullshit when the combo replay/play option could just be included in the training mode. :|

xero told me you can watch the CPU perform the combo in-game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

|

We've been using the psn chat rooms since they first made them back when sf4 was released... no thanks works good enough.

xero273 said:
you add prototype to your friends list and he sends invite to the chat room. Anyone that is part of the chat room can invite
Ahh, thanks.

I'm unfortunately a xbox 360 player so there would be no point in adding him.

There is some good news though. I managed to convince my cousin after the challenge video and I'm making some headway with another friend as well.

I can't wait to try out Bang!:D

QisTopTier said:
I'll fight you for the hell of it if you've got BB:CT.:D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nice to see PS fans eager to split the game community. :lol

What do you think these forums are for. I don't know about you but I check this like every 30 min at the least .

Nice to see PS fans eager to split the game community. :lol

Not sure how this is splitting the game community. The PSN GAF Chat REALLY helps us set up games and have a nice time together. Can't cross-play anyway. You guys have your own system of setting up games on 360... PSN gets a chatroom.

edit: There's been PSN GAF Chats since SF4. There hasn't been a game community split for SF4, BBCT and SSF4. Doubt that it'll start now. We still come back to the forums to chat about the game.

Drac

Finally finished 100% story mode, Hazama is allergic to cats :lol Maybe now I'll work on my skills to finish that damn score attack mode at least one more time (and I though I was done with it after CT... smh) and to be not that ridicule in online matches.

xero273

anyone finish Ragna's challenge mission 3? I'm stuck on the second one. You are suppose to do a throw then do 214+B, 214+D and hit B. I can never get B to connect. The AI keeps on recovering. Any tips?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
xero273 said:
anyone finish Ragna's challenge mission 3? I'm stuck on the second one. You are suppose to do a throw then do 214+B, 214+D and hit B. I can never get B to connect. The AI keeps on recovering. Any tips?
Watch the computer do it first, then just copy :D

xero273 said:

If I remember correctly, it's a late 214D. So 214B, (slight delay), 214D. Your B should connect after.

Top Bottom