• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
TruePrime said:
Eh, well it's pretty easy for someone like me to say BBCS>SC2, I simply hate RTS games, that and I ain't a big fan of sci fi stuff.

So for me, BBCS is infinitly more worth it then SC2.

Wait... BlazBlue is not Sci-fi?

LowParry

TruePrime said:
Eh, well it's pretty easy for someone like me to say BBCS>SC2, I simply hate RTS games, that and I ain't a big fan of sci fi stuff.

So for me, BBCS is infinitly more worth it then SC2.

And I completely respect that. Not every genre is for everyone. To me, it's like this:

BBCS: "Oh nice. A new BB game that I'll get to play and learn new characters! Squirrel chicks with under boob? I'm in."

SC2: "10 fucking years of waiting. Finally!"

I could of gone with one or the other but damn, I want both. So I'm getting both. Where my time lies between the two, who knows. I just want to play.

Beth Cyra

-DarKaoZ- said:
Wait... BlazBlue is not Sci-fi?

Well what do mean when we're talking about Sci Fi?

I mean it in the Star Trek/Battlestar with people out exploring space. The only thing I really saw as Sci-fi was Nu and her bit of story line, but given the thing I enjoyed about the story most was Litchi getting drunk out of her mind and dressing Noel up should tell you what I thought of the Sci Fi bits.

JIZZ MY PAINtS!

Hopefully this will arrive from Amazong on Wednesday. <3 <3 <3

SO CLOSE!

QisTopTier said:
Blazblue is fantasy... I guess it has some sci-fi stuff to it though xD

Tager invalidates this fantasy statement! :D

Also Robo-Moe shit. >:|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TruePrime said:
Well what do we talking for Sci Fi?

I mean it in the Star Trek/Battlestar with people out exploring space. The only thing I really saw as Sci-fi was Nu and her bit of story line, but given the thing I enjoyed about the story most was Litchi getting drunk out of her mind and dressing Noel up should tell you what I thought of the Sci Fi bits.
You are forgetting all the time loop stuff, and anything to do with kokonoe

Beth Cyra

QisTopTier said:
You are forgetting all the time loop stuff, and anything to do with kokonoe

I did, but like I said before that wasn't the highlight for me, Bang going crazy and Drunken Litchi dressing up Noel and a weird stage play for Rachel (yes it has bits of the time loop.) was my main enjoyment.

So I kinda ignored most of the Sci Fi stuff.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
TruePrime said:
I did, but like I said before that wasn't the highlight for me, Bang going crazy and Drunken Litchi dressing up Noel and a weird stage play for Rachel (yes it has bits of the time loop.) was my main enjoyment.

So I kinda ignored most of the Sci Fi stuff.

But that is just "Comedy", I mean... almost all genres have Comedy in them, that is what makes most stories enjoyable.

Beth Cyra

-DarKaoZ- said:
But that is just "Comedy", I mean... almost all genres have Comedy in them, that is what makes most stories enjoyable.

Yeah?

I said I like BlazBlue's story, and that is mainly because of all the extra's they have to support the main storyline, the comedy bits and the extra like Teach Me Ms. Litchi.

I don't play any game for some deep or complex plot, and I like those that not only do I laugh at but are actually made me for me to laugh at.

My Sci Fi bit was just another reason along with the fact I don't like RTS. In no way did I mean to present it as BlazBlue does something no other game does.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
-DarKaoZ- said:
If you like fighting games you know that any iteration of the game is different. Any small change can alter a match up completely. In a recent example, SF4 and SSF4, if you play the same match up in both games the result will be most likely different. BBCS is a completely different game, 3 new characters just adds more variety to your match ups.

I do agreed that announcing the DLC characters before the realease of the game was kinda stupid. But that is what every company is doing, just look at all those games of other genre with "day 1 DLC", I mean, they all are selling you a unfinished game and if you like the game you will buy all the extra DLC.

If you like fighting games and if you "love" BB as much as you said you loved the first one, you shouldn't be thinking twice on buying the game. That is my point of view on your comment, no offense in any way though.

I really think in this one particular case , the chars weren't finished, and the extra content we're getting now, would have been a seperate game in the PS2 days, especially with the way Arc rehashed GG like mad (there were as many GG's as SF2's)

Oh , and BTW one of the things about capitalism is that you can always say no, I got no problem with a person saying no- we need more of that to keep companies in line.

-PXG- said:
The main attraction for me is the revamped trial and training modes. Now I can learn how to play and not suck at it anymore :p

I know this isnt officially out yet, but any indepth info out there regarding the beginner mode and training modes. Im below average when it comes to fighters (aside from Naruto GNT 3 for GC, which I got good enough that I went to tourneys for and did pretty well). If the tutorial modes are worth anything at all and can help me graduate to "Slightly Above Average Scrub", Ill definitely pick this up.

xero273

TheApatheticOne said:
I know this isnt officially out yet, but any indepth info out there regarding the beginner mode and training modes. Im below average when it comes to fighters (aside from Naruto GNT 3 for GC, which I got good enough that I went to tourneys for and did pretty well). If the tutorial modes are worth anything at all and can help me graduate to "Slightly Above Average Scrub", Ill definitely pick this up.

challenge mode is pretty much like sf4 challenge mode. First two challenges are pretty much this is how you do special moves, distortion, and astral finish. Then the rest of the challenges are combos. When you are stuck, you can view the ai doing them to see how it is done.

Will I have trouble downloading the DLC characters with my European PSN account? I don't feel like waiting untill October to buy this so I was just going to order it from good ol' Canada.

xero273

VoteForPedro said:
Will I have trouble downloading the DLC characters with my European PSN account? I don't feel like waiting untill October to buy this so I was just going to order it from good ol' Canada.

yes, psn match by region. so if you have NA copy you need dlc from NA store.

-PXG-

rainking187 said:
Anyone know if GameStop will be selling this game at the Starcraft 2 midnight launch?

If they got BBCS in shipment today or sometime last week, then yes (well..."should" be). I know my store is. Picking my copy up tonight :)

rainking187 said:
Anyone know if GameStop will be selling this game at the Starcraft 2 midnight launch?

Usually depends on the store. The one by me, if it's packed they only let you buy the midnight release game but if the line is done they let you buy other stuff so you don't hold up the line deciding on stuff. Pretty YMMV but they should since it's released at that point.

I'll have to call at some point and check I guess. Hopefully they do though, my local GameStop was selling the Prince of Persia game and a Shrek game at the Red Dead Redemption/Alan Wake launch. (Well not actually selling, they were talking about how no one had actually asked for either of them.) But I suppose they were available if you really wanted. I'd just heard something about this game not being street dated so I thought I'd check.

rainking187 said:
I'll have to call at some point and check I guess. Hopefully they do though, my local GameStop was selling the Prince of Persia game and a Shrek game at the Red Dead Redemption/Alan Wake launch. (Well not actually selling, they were talking about how no one had actually asked for either of them.) But I suppose they were available if you really wanted. I'd just heard something about this game not being street dated so I thought I'd check.

Well it's released tomorrow so streetdate is irrelevant.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well it's released tomorrow so streetdate is irrelevant.

I'd heard that some GameStops were saying it was being shipped tomorrow and would be available on Wednesday. Hopefully mine isn't one of those.

LegatoB

VoteForPedro said:
Well that totally blows. Thanks for the info thought.
On the upside, making a PSN account out of your "proper" region is pretty trivial, as is purchasing a PSN store card for that region... though since those tend to come in roughly $30 increments, you may want to wait until there's something else you want to get on PSN at the same time and buy that and the DLC on one credit.

LegatoB

vocab said:
Amazon is preparing my order.
Same, but they also say "Delivery Estimate: July 29th."

Do you want me to cry, Amazon? I'm paying good money ($4) for one-day shipping. I'd better get it on Wednesday at the latest!

vocab

TheApatheticOne said:
Huh? : / I can still cancel mine. Oh wells. Looking forward to this game. Need to figure out who Im going to main. :D

I don't know, I always get preparing to ship before release date, plus I used my free Prime this time, so I'll get it Tuesday or Wednesday (hopefully) since I live close to a warehouse.

LegatoB said:
Same, but they also say "Delivery Estimate: July 29th."

Mine says the 30th :lol Meh that estimate is random some times. I used free shipping on some games, and got it the day or two after release date. I expect even better with two day shipping now :lol

QisTopTier said:
Just got a text from Gamestop says it will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning :D

I gave couple of GS nearby my house after getting that text too and one of them told me there's a confusion and says that it'll still come in Wednesday.

So useless...

I really wish I could of pick this up. I just found some disturbing news and know I have to wait for almost a month to pick it up. :-/ Unless some good fate comes my way, then I will not be playing BBCS on either system.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I didn't pre-order this time so I'll have to hunt down a copy either after work or during my lunch break...

Top Bottom