• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Got the game PS3- but needs update, and not getting it, due to 503 Server error.

Argh.

Edit: got through on 4th try. Just overloaded servers.

No DLC yet up it seems though.

wsippel

Banned
Lucky American bastards. I'll get CT this week (wanted to get back into fighters for a while, and after playing CS a few days ago, I decided to start with BlazBlue), and have to wait 'till October to play CS (again). Oh well. Have fun. I believe CT will tide me over for a few months. :)

vocab

hikarutilmitt said:
Same! Just waiting for the UPS page to update, but it says it should arrive by the 29th (which means it may be tomorrow since UPS is usually really fast for me).

Mine was updated to the 29th (was the 30th), but the latest tracking history already says It's in my city, and state, and left the seller facility (Amazon warehouse is close to me). So I might actually get it in a couple of hours :lol

When I order from Amazon, it doesn't come from USPS anymore, it's their local delivery people. Some guy in a mustang delivers my stuff to me all the time. Strange, but awesome.

OSHAN

In transit, should have it tomorrow. I won't get a chance to really play it until Saturday, but who cares, I want it tomorrow.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Urban Scholar said:
Does anyone know how long the PS3 install takes?

About 10 minutes or so.

Spent 1.5 hrs playing. Mostly training mode- Tsubaki seems ridiculous hard executionwise.

Tried to play online a couple matches - ran into people with tons of experience and wasn't very fun to start. Couldn't learn the game running into people doing large combos.

DY_nasty said:
She still can't do enough damage consistently. I'm getting wins with her right now but as soon as people catch on and learn the matchup she's gonna get roasted.

The damage is one issue. Saying that her unblockable is bad is another. Although I would say getting around 3k damage off of one charge midscreen is good. With two charges in the corner, you should get around 3.5-4k. That's not too bad.

Especially when her 0 charge bnb is about 1.9k... not bad at all.

Of course if they catch on and start jumping, you're gonna have to mix things up. She's really a guessing character. Once you have them locked down, go for a throw or unblockable. It will REALLY mess with their heads.

She's REALLY bad against the top 3 (and maybe Carl) but against the other characters she's not too bad. Those characters just don't let you charge properly.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Got my copy from GS! :D

I'll give you scrubs time to train/pray before I start stylin on you online

Edit: I also picked up the new 360 controller. Its no madcats, but the d-pad is a bit sturdier. Not sure if anyone would want to drop 60+ on that though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
ultim8p00 said:
lol so I just walked to Target and picked up my copy. You guys have to wait from Amazon lol

Its not funny :(.

I took a day off, and doing nothing but refreshing amazon tracking pages.

At least SC2 is coming today, suck cause I ordered that from amazon too.

Thanks for the install replies, I actually was reading news while waiting. Well I'm playing around with Hazama and learning to play should be fun and worth it. As of now not sure about others.

DY_nasty

robut said:
How the hell do I turn off beginner when selecting my character?
For 360 its the left bumper. Beginner mode should be highlighted and brighter when its on and dim when its off.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
rainking187 said:
Is the PS3 install mandatory?

Oh, I thought you meant game install.

PS3 install is pretty quick.

I got my copy from gamestop today- the NC ones had it in around noon apparently, so I'd say check after work.

depths20XX said:
What's the point of a billion posts updating everyone on your shipping status? Never understood that.

It builds hype

Also, according to my current UPS status, I should have it tomorrow. Which means it'll either be there when I get home from work or not show up until like 7:30pm because of the weird routes our UPS guys take.:lol

FAKE EDIT: this is also my first time preordering something online instead of going to a store to preorder or grabbing it on release day in general. So far I'm liking the "I get to be lazy about it" approach. I don't have to make a special trip just to grab something.

arstal said:
Oh, I thought you meant game install.

PS3 install is pretty quick.

I got my copy from gamestop today- the NC ones had it in around noon apparently, so I'd say check after work.

I did? I think. I'm confused now. But yeah, I already got 3.41, I was wondering how big the game install was.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
kiun said:
Should I get the ps3 or xbox360 version ? Any major differences ?

I think the PS3 comm is a little bigger for it, and the 360 might load a little quicker (still quick loads regardless), so not much difference I think.

Netcode awesome on both systems. Arc does it right in many ways.

Tutorial mode is very informative and an encyclopedia. I've been going through intermediate and its even helped recall my weak point with cancel animations into combos.

DY_nasty

Urban Scholar said:
Tutorial mode is very informative and an encyclopedia. I've been going through intermediate and its even helped recall my weak point with cancel animations into combos.
Seriously.

One of the best tutorial modes in a fighting game ever.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
DY_nasty said:
Seriously.

We need someone to test the tutorial mode on people that never touched a fighting game before. No one in my family willing to go near my PS3 =/

DY_nasty said:
Seriously.

Hearing this makes me very happy. I really liked the first game, and something that would show me the finer points is a welcomed addition for me personally. Got this coming tomorrow!

depths20XX

The combo dvd that came with CT was awesome but I didn't really have a way of watching it while I played the game.

Tutorial mode sounds like just what I wanted.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
(Still awaiting for my copy to arrive)

So how does the Tutorial mode compare to the holy grail of Tutorials, Virtual Fighter 4 Evo? Will it be explaining footsies, meaties, crossups, etc, or does it just give you a basic idea of how to use this games particular systems?

The disk that came with CT was great, and was probably my favorite part of that release. Happy to hear this apparently carries on the "lower the barrier of entry!" tradition.

SAB CA said:
(Still awaiting for my copy to arrive)

So how does the Tutorial mode compare to the holy grail of Tutorials, Virtual Fighter 4 Evo? Will it be explaining footsies, meaties, crossups, etc, or does it just give you a basic idea of how to use this games particular systems?

The disk that came with CT was great, and was probably my favorite part of that release. Happy to hear this apparently carries on the "lower the barrier of entry!" tradition.

Yes, all of this is in there.

Top Bottom