• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

FreedomFrisbee said:
One of my friends dabbles in 2d fighters casually. He really likes MvC2. I got him into vanilla SF4. He hated that. Then I got him into BB. He loved BB! The difference, he found, between the 2 was how restricted motion was. In SF motion is really restricted. Theres a lot to why the restricted motion in SF can frustrate people, but thats an essay unto itself. The point is BB doesn't have restricted motion. Or it has comparatively unrestricted motion. In the end he found that, even when losing in BB, he was still having fun. Unlike in SF.

By restricted motion do you mean general movement and space control?

Sorry, I is confused.

vocab

Seraphis Cain said:
No matter how I try to look at it, it's the truth. After getting continually stomped in SSFIV, I realized that I'm just not cut out for fighters.

SFIV isn't for everyone man. There's a lot of stupid things in that game that you constantly get beat by because that shit never works in other fighting games. I played a lot of Super Turbo, and Third Strike, and I can not stand playing SFIV. I know a bunch of other people who feel the same way.

vocab said:
SFIV isn't for everyone man. There's a lot of stupid things in that game that you constantly get beat by because that shit never works in other fighting games. I played a lot of Super Turbo, and Third Strike, and I can not stand playing SFIV. I know a bunch of other people who feel the same way.

*raises hand*

The Take Out Bandit said:
By restricted motion do you mean general movement and space control?

Sorry, I is confused.

Well, space control would just be zoning. I mean just in terms of where and how you can move your character at any given time. Compared to SF, characters in BB can practically fly wherever they want.

Cronox

Banned
To the guy who says he's no good: if you do end up getting the game try playing as tager. Once you understand how to do 270 degree motions for throws without jumping, and to prepare your throw special during longer attacks you've pretty much got it. He has like 2 combos. But tager, and some of the other characters in Blazblue are some of the most satisfying characters I've played in a fighting game. When you punch a character clear across the stage, or nail that 720 throw and take half the opponent's life, those are good moments.

And I lose half the time. But even at low life, because of his damage Tager can always make a comeback. And you can save those glorious comebacks as replays to watch if you're feeling down or on a losing streak. Anyway, that's what works for me.

i was going to skip this game with starcraft II, ncaa, madden, and the rest all out shortly but $36.99 isn't going to put me in the poor house and i have been wanting to get blazblue since it came out so i will buy it.

plus i feel if these fighting games get enough support we will see more of them!

What was the limited edition type thing that was shown earlier in the thread? And :( at the sticks being $200. Why would you price it so much higher?

Edit: Ah, japan only. Has there been a difference in play between systems? I got the ps3 version last time.

Dresden

Think it's worthwhile to pick up Calamity Trigger and play it before I go on to Continuum Shift? Been meaning to get back into fighters, and this looks good.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Dresden said:
Think it's worthwhile to pick up Calamity Trigger and play it before I go on to Continuum Shift? Been meaning to get back into fighters, and this looks good.

Not with the new one coming out this week. Just wait two more days (three at most)

vocab

Dresden said:

Id say just get CS. I never played CT, so I'm going straight for CS.

LowParry

Dresden said:

With the release 2 days away? No.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. CT Noel and CS Noel have a different feel to them, Nu/Lambda play very different too. I can only imagine how much Arakune and Rachel users are going to feel in the coming weeks...

DY_nasty said:
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. CT Noel and CS Noel have a different feel to them, Nu/Lambda play very different too. I can only imagine how much Arakune and Rachel users are going to feel in the coming weeks...
As an Arakune player, I'm using this opportunity to finally get comfortable using a stick. I figure I might as well since I'm gonna have to relearn the character anyway.

Dresden said:

Eh... Probably not. It depends on how much you care about the story line but that's about it. I've been playing the original all day. Can't wait. :D

Dresden said:
Oh, it's just two days away? :lol I should've looked it up.

Coincides with Starcraft 2's release, though... grrr.

Blazblue > Starcraft 2

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
QisTopTier said:
I'm skipping sc2 to get BBCS <3

c4kg3.gif

I never would have guessed.

And...I think some of the replies to my previous post in here have convinced me to give BB:CS a shot after all.

Well that and the fact that I've now played Nier and decided it's not something I want to buy any time soon. So, I have the means to pick something else up. Might as well be BlazBlue. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll be skipping BB completely =P. Don't see the value in it at the moment, especially when I don't care about the shitty story which is nearly their main selling point. Aside from giving us DLC characters they could have added into the game to give it more value. Meh. Enjoy it BB Gaf!

Beth Cyra

Relix said:
I'll be skipping BB completely =P. Don't see the value in it at the moment, especially when I don't care about the shitty story which is nearly their main selling point. Aside from giving us DLC characters they could have added into the game to give it more value. Meh. Enjoy it BB Gaf!

You are so right.

They should of also only charged me 10 dollars for the whole package, give me some real bang for my buck damn it.

Relix said:

Wow, trolling again. What a shock!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wow, trolling again. What a shock!

What the hell :lol . I've posted my discontent with CS since the beginning, seeing as I loved CT and played the hell out of it and even organized a tournament for it on GAF. After the recent fighting game boom I just don't find the appeal in what Aksys is giving us. I just don't. The worst part at least for me was them announcing DLC characters before even releasing the game. Really? They give us a rebalanced game which is all nice and all but give us one re-sprite, nerf and add two characters who previously appeared already but of course not in this form.

$40 bucks is a steal if you didn't play CT. It's an excellent fighting game, top notch and crazy. I just can't find myself an excuse to buy it this time.

Oh and the best fucking netcode in the world. If the ever do a BB3 Ill skip to that happily.

-PXG-

The main attraction for me is the revamped trial and training modes. Now I can learn how to play and not suck at it anymore :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
-PXG- said:
The main attraction for me is the revamped trial and training modes. Now I can learn how to play and not suck at it anymore :p

On top of the game not being a balance clusterfuck, lol.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
:lol - I'm getting both games but damn, that's just wrong.

BBCS will be more value then SC2 if you like fighters. Plus, you're not supporting Acti- that's worth something in my book.

I'm wondering if they'll be selling BBCS at the SC2 midnight launches or not, but as long as I can get it locally Tuesday I'll be happy. I'm working a mid tonight to get a day off to play it Thursday.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Relix said:
What the hell :lol . I've posted my discontent with CS since the beginning, seeing as I loved CT and played the hell out of it and even organized a tournament for it on GAF. After the recent fighting game boom I just don't find the appeal in what Aksys is giving us. I just don't. The worst part at least for me was them announcing DLC characters before even releasing the game. Really? They give us a rebalanced game which is all nice and all but give us one re-sprite, nerf and add two characters who previously appeared already but of course not in this form.

$40 bucks is a steal if you didn't play CT. It's an excellent fighting game, top notch and crazy. I just can't find myself an excuse to buy it this time.

Oh and the best fucking netcode in the world. If the ever do a BB3 Ill skip to that happily.

If you like fighting games you know that any iteration of the game is different. Any small change can alter a match up completely. In a recent example, SF4 and SSF4, if you play the same match up in both games the result will be most likely different. BBCS is a completely different game, 3 new characters just adds more variety to your match ups.

I do agreed that announcing the DLC characters before the realease of the game was kinda stupid. But that is what every company is doing, just look at all those games of other genre with "day 1 DLC", I mean, they all are selling you a unfinished game and if you like the game you will buy all the extra DLC.

If you like fighting games and if you "love" BB as much as you said you loved the first one, you shouldn't be thinking twice on buying the game. That is my point of view on your comment, no offense in any way though.

Kuugrr

-PXG- said:

This is kinda what's attracting me too, aside from the story. Maybe I can learn enough to not totally embarrass myself online. :lol

Dresden

I think I'll abuse Gamestop's 7-day return policy for used games, and just buy CT and return it before the end of the week. Try it out, play through the story (which I read is decent), and if I like it, return CT and buy CS. And if I don't like it, I'll probably get into SSF4.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Relix said:

Im skipping BB3 cause I have BBCS and it's just a tiny change or something like that. I'll be playing BB4!

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
wow time passes fast I feel like this was just announced I'm still having a blast with CT I'll pick up CS in a few months

LowParry

arstal said:
BBCS will be more value then SC2 if you like fighters. Plus, you're not supporting Acti- that's worth something in my book.

Psh. Don't bring that old crap of "Don't support Activision!" nonsense. If people are thinking that way, then don't get that new Call of Duty game. I'm not. I'm tired of it. Battlefield fo'life. SC2 is purely Blizzard in my eyes. That's all I care about. And I do love fighters. I play what comes out from Tekken to Street Fighter.

Beth Cyra

CcrooK said:
Psh. Don't bring that old crap of "Don't support Activision!" nonsense. If people are thinking that way, then don't get that new Call of Duty game. I'm not. I'm tired of it. Battlefield fo'life. SC2 is purely Blizzard in my eyes. That's all I care about. And I do love fighters. I play what comes out from Tekken to Street Fighter.

Eh, well it's pretty easy for someone like me to say BBCS>SC2, I simply hate RTS games, that and I ain't a big fan of sci fi stuff.

So for me, BBCS is infinitly more worth it then SC2.

Though I do agree no one should shit on Blizzard because of Activision. At least do it because you don't like Blizzard's games and not because their parent company merged with Act.

Top Bottom