• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Pretty sure that difficulty doesn't matter in story mode.

But yeah... thats a bitch of a fight.

You know what, the difficulty setting did made a change. I changed back to Normal and the fight was a peace of cake. So it seems the difficulty does affect Story mode too it seems, well to my experience.

Papercuts said:
You can do Jin's counter distortion, taunt, Astral on the CPU with that.

orson20clapping.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
-DarKaoZ- said:
You know what, the difficulty setting did made a change. I changed back to Normal and the fight was a peace of cake. So it seems the difficulty does affect Story mode too it seems, well to my experience.
Bleh, I was really unclear, sorry :D

I was under the impression that you could just breeze through the story mode on normal or something then switch back to Hell later on. Thats a bitch of a fight...

DY_nasty

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Unlimited Hazama is a broken piece of shit. 10 times more frustrating than Unlimited Nu ever was.
Unlimited Nu was never that bad... Unlimited Hazama is right up there with Unlimited Ragna though.

Kimosabae

Banned
vocab said:
What gives you that impression?

I saw some Level Up Youtube videos that made the game look very slow. I didn't play CT much, but I never remembered it being slow. It was probably just the low level of play on display.

Kimosabae said:
I saw some Level Up Youtube videos that made the game look very slow. I didn't play CT much, but I never remembered it being slow. It was probably just the low level of play on display.

It feels slow compared to Guilty Gear but I don't know if I'd still label it slow.

Dreavus

Ehhh, no stores around me have it. I suspect it might have something to do with being in Canada. =(

Will call around a bit tomorrow.

DY_nasty

Kimosabae said:
Yep.

Korigama

Updated my firmware since I couldn't even play it offline before I did, and finally downloaded the version 1.01 update after having to do it again due to my connection crapping itself before it finished. Turned off the Astral Heat BGM before I even started playing.

OP updated with latest reviews:

Reviews:
  • IGN: 8.5
    "I especially encourage gamers that have never tried BlazBlue to pick this up -- it's an excellent fighting game that shouldn't be missed."
  • Joystiq 4/5
    "With a price tag of $39.99, there isn't much I can complain about here. For established players, the additional characters will likely be the main draw, but Continuum Shift's greatest strength lies in its ability to teach newcomers the ropes through its wealth of applicable tutorials that go way beyond what I've seen in other fighters."

Beth Cyra

_dementia said:
OP updated with latest reviews:

Reviews:
  • IGN: 8.5
    "I especially encourage gamers that have never tried BlazBlue to pick this up -- it's an excellent fighting game that shouldn't be missed."
  • Joystiq 4/5
    "With a price tag of $39.99, there isn't much I can complain about here. For established players, the additional characters will likely be the main draw, but Continuum Shift's greatest strength lies in its ability to teach newcomers the ropes through its wealth of applicable tutorials that go way beyond what I've seen in other fighters."

First off let me say I know this is just me but still I have to say it.

I get pissed when ever I read shit like this, it honestly feels like they are activily looking for a reason to say it got 4/5 instead of 5/5 and they can't so they just say fuck it and don't bother trying.

Coeliacus

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It feels slow compared to Guilty Gear but I don't know if I'd still label it slow.
I played my friends Millia a while back. My brain melted, it was too fast.
He can't do the combos anymore, he kept dropping... massive sadface. :lol

haunts: Grats on the 1up gig, will check it out. :)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kimosabae said:
Dammit, Haunts. I don't want to buy this game. Stop trying to get me to spend money!

Heheee...but it's fun! F the haters, I dont get why people bash this game. Granted I'm sour that I cant be a cheap ass with Arakune anymore, Ragna's new combos more than make up for it. Tutorial mode is godlike as well..

Also, we are working on a BlazBlue Continuum Shift Guide -- well, the Dustloop community is. I usually give GAF a sneak peek at stuff like this, so check it out. It's still a WIP but will be live come Thursday.

http://iplaywinner.com/blazblue-cs

vocab

Good read. I'm glad people who are reviewing it actually note the useful tutorial. I think a lot of people will hear about it, and eventually buy the game.

h3ro

haunts said:
Heheee...but it's fun! F the haters, I dont get why people bash this game. Granted I'm sour that I cant be a cheap ass with Arakune anymore, Ragna's new combos more than make up for it. Tutorial mode is godlike as well..

Also, we are working on a BlazBlue Continuum Shift Guide -- well, the Dustloop community is. I usually give GAF a sneak peek at stuff like this, so check it out. It's still a WIP but will be live come Thursday.

Awesome! I use your Super guide a ton, great work on that. Looking forward to the guide, Haunts. :D

Kimosabae

Banned
I really like BB's gameplay. It has 1 or 2 elements similar to SSBM that I really like (Throw System, Techrolls)... I just find the series aesthetically appalling.

I might end up getting it anyway. I really don't like focusing on more than one fighter at a time though (SSF4).

Coeliacus

I have to say I'm really excited to hear about this tutorial. It's funny because I know lots of people who imported the Japanese version and didn't mention it at all... because this sort of thing is not useful to them. I know many more people who want to play the game but can't seem to get it to 'click.' So I'll be pushing this version really hard to people.

I wanna train up in SSF4 too. This sucks. In a good way. :D

haunts said:

Arakune NOOOOOOOOO :(

oh well time to learn him again. The good thing is i didn't learn that much so relearning wont be that much of a chore.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Infinite Justice said:

oh well time to learn him again. The good thing is i didn't learn that much so relearning wont be that much of a chore.

As far as I know he still has cheap shit -- loop combos and what not -- just not as cheap as the last game. When I went to Japan and was beating japanese players with his corner trap thats usually a sign of an unbalanced game. :lol

On a side note, Hakumen seems a lot better in this game. I played like 10-15 matches with this Japanese Hakumen and he took me to the cleaners like 7/10 times. I used to run though Hakumens with no problem in the last game.

Also, I think I played Kyabetsu online, the C. Viper player who won SBO last year. Not sure if it was him, but that was his gamer tag so yeah. 0_0

Coeliacus

Infinite Justice said:
It's all okay. Get a cloud out, get that party bell and just dance. Gonna be okay. Da doo doo doo... just dance.

I destroyed in a tournament this weekend up until top 8 and then lost to two consecutive Arakunes in very close matches. I'm not coping very well. :lol

haunts said:
As far as I know he still has cheap shit -- loop combos and what not -- just not as cheap as the last game. When I went to Japan and was beating japanese players with his corner trap thats usually a sign of an unbalanced game. :lol

On a side note, Hakumen seems a lot better in this game. I played like 10-15 matches with this Japanese Hakumen and he took me to the cleaners like 7/10 times. I used to run though Hakumens with no problem in the last game.

Also, I think I played Kyabetsu online, the C. Viper player who won SBO last year. Not sure if it was him, but that was his gamer tag so yeah. 0_0

Yea i saw some of his CS vids and that bug that carries you up in the air looks like its gonna be the new hotness :lol. Just have to work harder to get that curse in i guess.

Wow now i have to really look out for Hakumen as i don't like his damage output :(

Zanken said:
It's all okay. Get a cloud out, get that party bell and just dance. Gonna be okay. Da doo doo doo... just dance.

:lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Infinite Justice said:
Yea i saw some of his CS vids and that bug that carries you up in the air looks like its gonna be the new hotness :lol. Just have to work harder to get that curse in i guess.

Wow now i have to really look out for Hakumen i don't like his damage output :(

its ok you have full life combos almost too xD

err if you can curse them

DY_nasty

Wow, its a hell of a lot easier to go through story mode this time.

Kokonoe > Boobie Lady too

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Infinite Justice said:

Day 1 it felt like nothing but Arakunes, with the occasional Jin.

I will be getting this game soon.

Any tips before I start on this game? I do have a Real Arcade Pro. 3-SA for my ps3.

edit: i dont have a HRAP but the stick above. :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Labombadog said:
I will be getting this game soon.

Any tips before I start on this game? I do have a Real Arcade Pro. 3-SA for my ps3.

edit: i dont have a HRAP but the stick above. :p

Obviously check out the tutorial modes, and if you're coming from Street Fighter, Ragna is the easiest character to pick up right off the bat.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nice to finally have lots of people to play against with the U.S. version out.

For whatever reason I kept getting lots and lots of Tagers tonight. It's like he's the new Jin.

Lyte Edge said:
Nice to finally have lots of people to play against with the U.S. version out.

For whatever reason I kept getting lots and lots of Tagers tonight. It's like he's the new Jin.

Didn't he get the greatest buffs?

I could see why then.

Top Bottom