• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Volcynika said:
Really impressed how they seemingly put a ton of English VA in here. They put a lot of love into the localization (minus the instruction book :p)

They got professionals. Then again, so did Capcom, and SF4's dubbing felt awful.

I've realized something- the most depressing thing about fighting games, and the thing I absolutely hate about the genre, is the combo practice. I just don't like that sort of thing, and those things tend to turn the games into combofests.

I love the strategy part of fighters though, and you don't get that with any other genre. One of my friends suggested poker to compensate, but knowing my personality gambling is not a good idea.

xero273

LegatoB said:
Welp story mode sure was some anime bullshit. But I'm so glad they worked in
OH MY GOD NUCLEAR WEAPONS ARE JUST THE WORST HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF USING THEM EVER
, that's like my all-time favorite eye-roller. Oh, and since
Lambda got killed off in the True End
, I wonder if we're going to see
ANOTHER one of the clone girls
in the next "plot" revision of the game.

The ending makes it sound like she'll be back

Hazama is indeed not for beginners but I'm dedicated to put in the effort. I think fighting a Hakumen has to be the worst match up in my mind thus far.

I really want to learn Hazama but I'm trying to get all the Ranked trophies out of the way first using my boy Jin *xbox360achievementskid*

Holy jeez his combos are weird now.

xero273

_dementia said:
I really want to learn Hazama but I'm trying to get all the Ranked trophies out of the way first using my boy Jin *xbox360achievementskid*

ice carz :lol

sigh... trying to use Jin and cheaply beat score attk isn't working out. FUUUUU haku-men

_dementia said:

Honestly I'd rather do the above over time and not rush it, if I do its going to be a boring fall with studies and work.

depths20XX

Really liking all the content they packed into this game.

For some reason I can't really find a character that clicks with me. I was wanting to play Taokaka or Hakumen since those are the ones I played in CT, but now I'm realizing I wasn't any good with them.

I always fuck up on combos that require a second jump cancel. I wish the challenges would have had a more gradual increase in difficulty, I can't even make it past the 4th challenge on any character yet. I guess this is a combo heavy game though.

The tutorial mode is nice but on the more advanced sections they seem to just give you a bunch of text that you're supposed to remember and don't really have you practice it.

kiryogi

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
There's a reason hes called Trollzama on the youtube vids for the cutscenes. :lol
Trollzama is right on the money. There is like not a single shred of goodness in the guy. He trolls EVERYONE

depths20XX said:
Really liking all the content they packed into this game.

For some reason I can't really find a character that clicks with me. I was wanting to play Taokaka or Hakumen since those are the ones I played in CT, but now I'm realizing I wasn't any good with them.

I always fuck up on combos that require a second jump cancel. I wish the challenges would have had a more gradual increase in difficulty, I can't even make it past the 4th challenge on any character yet. I guess this is a combo heavy game though.

The tutorial mode is nice but on the more advanced sections they seem to just give you a bunch of text that you're supposed to remember and don't really have you practice it.
It sounds like you would fit better with Bang or litchi. You're obviously not looking for slower characters and it seems like you're better suited to grounded combat.

Give those two a try and see what happens.

depths20XX

SolarPowered said:
It sounds like you would fit better with Bang or litchi. You're obviously not looking for slower characters and it seems like you're better suited to grounded combat.

Give those two a try and see what happens.

I actually haven't tried Bang at all yet so I will give that a try tonight. Going from SSF4 to this is like night and day. I'm determined to get better though.

kiunchbb said:
Its hard to give you credit when you don't stick with your old Rachel.....

Join the nerf club, I may still main Noel once I got the game =D

Honestly, I would have stuck with Rachel but Tsubaki fits better for me. Just be glad I didn't tier whore. I still use Rachel from time to time... I can't drop her. She's still really fun to play as.

There's a good chance I might pick up Makoto and Valkenhayn though :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Prototype-03 said:
Honestly, I would have stuck with Rachel but Tsubaki fits better for me. Just be glad I didn't tier whore. I still use Rachel from time to time... I can't drop her. She's still really fun to play as.

There's a good chance I might pick up Makoto and Valkenhayn though :D

How the hell do you make Tsubaki work? She just seems to lack damage.

NinjaKixx

Banned
I played through quite a bit of the tutorial last night and I must say my hands/fingers are not conditioned for this type of thing. It took me atleast 200 attempts to land ragnas Counter -> hells fang -> Forward dash -> Standing B -> Standing C -> Hells Fang -> Extra. I just could not get the timing down on the dash after hells fang.

Then I got to Crouching C -> Standing D -> Dash -> Standing D -> Dash -> Standing D. I tried that about 50 times or so and could not time the dashes at all. I guess I just have to practice some more. I am new to Arcade sticks so sometimes when I try to dash I find myself going to a Down/Forward.

Ferrio

Banned
So wasn't feeling good last night, so got no real play time in. Just enough to realize I gotta learn litchi from the ground up again.

arstal said:
How the hell do you make Tsubaki work? She just seems to lack damage.

She gets about 3k mid screen with one charge... about 3.5k-4.0k with 2 charges in corner... 4.5k with 3 charges in corner... about 5k with 3 charges and heat in corner. About 4.5k with 2 charges and DD (install) in corner.

Hey, fellas. Could you help me settle a dispute?

I have a friend who's playing CS on the 360.

On a pad.

Madness, I know!

However, she's complaining about the D-Pad. Tells me it's terrible. I suggest she use the analogue stick, which is what I used to do whenever I had to play CT on my PS3 pad.

She says the stick is even worse.

Is this true? I cannot believe it.

Ferrio

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:

On a pad.

Madness, I know!

However, she's complaining about the D-Pad. Tells me it's terrible. I suggest she use the analogue stick, which is what I used to do whenever I had to play CT on my PS3 pad.

Analog stick for any fighting game is horrible period.

FlightOfHeaven said:

On a pad.

Madness, I know!

Analog sticks are horribly inaccurate for 8-way gameplay.

vocab

FlightOfHeaven said:

It's personal preference. If it's worse for her, than it's worse for her. It's hard to convince someone that the shitty analog stick is better than an already shitty dpad.

Wow at the analog hate. I think it's a lot easier to do double quarter circles and other combos. It feels a lot more fluid for me. It really depends on what you started on I guess. My first big fighting game was guilty gear with an analog.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wow at the analog hate. I think it's a lot easier to do double quarter circles and other combos. It feels a lot more fluid for me. It really depends on what you started on I guess. My first big fighting game was guilty gear with an analog.

I agree.

I used to use the D-pad on the Dualshock, learning SFIII that way. After destroying my fingers on that, I went to using the analogue stick on the GC/Wii controllers for GGXX:AC. Since that stick has an octagonal gate/base, I had to place an octo-gate in my arcade stick. Now I'm using a square.

D-Pads just feel so damn cumbersome.

ApolloJoh

To me, using only analog probably isn't a good idea but it's okay to do certain things with it.

For example, I use analog for superjumps and TKing since I find it harder to do on analog, consistently at least.

Also, looking forward to playing with you guys whenever I join that chat.

Well friends in the GTA, I just heard from my friend who works at my local EB Games and he told me that there's a small delay because the shipment got held up at the boarder!?! They *might* show up tomorrow but I was told not to hold my breath and to bank on Friday :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got the PS3 version. Feels like there's nobody on.

CcrooK said:
Man, that's a lot of work to get Mu-12. :( I wanted to make her my main.

You can always just spend the two bucks to unlock her.

vocab

Lyte Edge said:
Got the PS3 version. Feels like there's nobody on.

Well, most people are getting the game today, plus a good portion of people are still waiting for online orders. I watched a PS3 stream yesterday, and there were tons of people on. I don't know what to tell you.

Mattlikewhoa said:
Well friends in the GTA, I just heard from my friend who works at my local EB Games and he told me that there's a small delay because the shipment got held up at the boarder!?! They *might* show up tomorrow but I was told not to hold my breath and to bank on Friday :(

Like I posted yesterday, Game Center in Toronto has copies. I grabbed one and it's US Boxart. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It took a while, but I'm finally starting to mesh with CS. Kinda inbetween on Jin and Tsubaki right now.

Just had my room get super trolled by Hazama. Dude didn't even use D while he whiped the floor.

Dreavus

Mattlikewhoa said:

Called EB today and was given the same story. This seems to happen every time I try to buy a game from those guys. D:

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kimosabae said:
*sigh*

Is there an unlock guide somewhere yet? That's very disappointing to hear.
Beat Story mode. Or pay two bucks.

But :lol because no one can use Mu anyways. Playing with her is like flying a gundam.

Kimosabae said:
*sigh*

Is there an unlock guide somewhere yet? That's very disappointing to hear.
It's a very short list: See the True Ending to unlock Mu-12, beat Score Attack with a character to unlock their Unlimited form.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The AI is hilarious with Tager now, just gadget finger 360/720 reset all day.:lol

Atleast, that worked until Unlimited Hazama! I tried Score Attack and just stopped at him, too insane.

Anyone who still wants an invite to the PSN GAFChat, please add me: Prototype-03.

I got a good amount of requests yesterday but I think a lot of them don't have the game yet.

Top Bottom