• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

LowParry

Lyte Edge said:
So am I the only one unable to settle on a main because of the three DLC characters yet to be released? I can't decide until they're all there! :lol

I'm just waiting on Mu unlock for the $2! I'm playing around with Tsubaki but I may go back to Tao as a secondary.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Thanks for the stream, now I can see just how scrubby I really am right now :lol
Lyte Edge said:
So am I the only one unable to settle on a main because of the three DLC characters yet to be released? I can't decide until they're all there! :lol
I'm stuck between Mu, Jin, and Tsubaki right now. Makoto looks like a lot of fun though...

ultim8p00

Banned
I am so fucking close to droping Noel. Goddam her normals are terribler than before. It feels like you have to DDDDDDDDDDD to win now. Wtf.

Ragna on the other hand is a beast, with Bang. Will probably end up maining those two.

Jesus, we need a patch for Rachel and Noel. Rachel at the very least...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I cleared easy and normal in Legion, a lot more fun than I expected. I ended up beating an Unlimited Arakune and was pretty much able to take a few teams of 3-4 people alone just mashing his curse, it's INSANE. I didn't even know how to drop the instant kill bag, I just spammed the screen with bugs and mashed a super out and got a 134 combo. :lol

Lyte Edge said:

I'm still sticking to Tager, my CT main. A sub, though, is hard to decide because of that.

arstal said:
The tutorial is really good. Arc did so many things right in this, I feel ashamed for not liking it. I just don't like fighting games with complex unforgiving execution.

Give me sloppy and easy so I can worry about fighting my opponent, not the controls.

I like the medium BB has with execution and timing. (S)SFIV seems to not know what it wants to do with messy inputs(that screw me over with overlap) but strict timing and a huge reversal window to punish you hard for dropping a combo.

vocab

I forgot how awkward it is to play a game that isn't the normal six button layout. I got a lot of work to do. I can't find a comfortable button layout either.

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
almost go mu unlocked, Ill give her a try :D
She's actually not that bad now that I've had a chance to get to know her. Mu is nowhere near as to hard to learn as Hazama. Still, you've got to have a good grasp of her BnB and solid spacing to not get embarrassed by even the scrubbiest of scrubs.

Get to good with Origin ASAP. And don't sleep on her distortion drives, they both do crazy damage, especially the one with the steins.

d0c_zaius

"you dont have to lose every time to get 100% completion. I guess that really pissed people off last time."

amazing:lol :lol

Coeliacus

DY_nasty said:
Anyone got any tips for it? I've been screwing around, messing up the high jump stuff with everyone. Maybe I'm trying the input too early...
I had to learn s.jc with Ragna combos and I had no troubles at all... then I remember how miserable trying to figuring this out was with Axl in GG ages ago. Glad my muscle memory kicked in. :lol
If Mu has a move that pops them up in the air, just practise with that straight I guess. The motion is fairly quick.

DY_nasty

Zanken said:
I had to learn s.jc with Ragna combos and I had no troubles at all... then I remember how miserable trying to figuring this out was with Axl in GG ages ago. Glad my muscle memory kicked in. :lol
If Mu has a move that pops them up in the air, just practise with that straight I guess. The motion is fairly quick.
I used to do it with Nu no problem. Now its like my pad is laughing at me. I'm having a bit of trouble dash canceling too.

I need to get both down for Mu's corner loop :(

Volcynika

:lol at the silly ending of Ragna's story mode. So funny.

Anyone know what the remaining 12% for him is? At 88% now, not sure which fights to do something different in.

EDIT: Nvm, Xero told me.

N4Us

I have to admit, I was kinda irritated when I got Bang's Continuum ending, complete with catgirl chewing me out and all. I was punished for doing what the series' Story mode had trained me to do for so long? Buh!?!?

NinjaKixx

Banned
Doing the Challenge mode w/ Ragna in section 3 I can not nail this combo...anyone have any tips.

Grab, qcb B, qcb D, standing B, 623 D, qcf C, qcb D

I can do each of the main combo parts but I can not hit the standing B to link the 2 together. I tried it for over an hour and never one connected w/ the standing B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuJOB4ip9w The combo I am referencing starts at 2:14

vocab

How the hell do you do a IAD in this game? In guilty gear it was pretty much tap 9, and then 6, but I have no clue how to get it properly in this game.

DY_nasty

vocab said:
How the hell do you do a IAD in this game? In guilty gear it was pretty much tap 9, and then 6, but I have no clue how to get it properly in this game.
Its the same input, its just a bit faster. Funny how I can get that but now a simple high jump or dash cancel... this is my punishment for playing SSF4.
NinjaKixx said:
Doing the Challenge mode w/ Ragna in section 3 I can not nail this combo...anyone have any tips.

I can do each of the main combo parts but I can not hit the standing B to link the 2 together. I tried it for over an hour and never one connected w/ the standing B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuJOB4ip9w The combo I am referencing starts at 2:14
You need to watch your timing on the qcb B, qcb D. It can move you out a little bit further if you wait on the D input. Just work on that part and you should be okay... Not sure how that works in the corner either.

xero273

NinjaKixx said:

there is a small delay for qcb d. If you are already doing that then all I can say is keep trying eventually you'll get it.

Glorious delicious Hakumen buffs! Slap people out of the skies with C! Long range pokes! Black holes! Long range characters getting nerfed! And cherry on top, Astral that can actually be done! I love the new charge command on that.

vocab

DY_nasty said:
Its the same input, its just a bit faster. Funny how I can get that but now a simple high jump or dash cancel... this is my punishment for playing SSF4.

Shit, I can't get it. I'll keep at it though. Also, SSFIV makes you worse at fighting games. Super Turbo had my reaction times sky high, now I feel like a dead goat :lol I'm still fighting the 4 button config, so once I feel comfortable, I'll be able to execute.

Whats the general consensus on button config?

ABCD

ABC
D

BCD
A

I prefer DABC. With D being under my thumb in almost a guard fashion from VF.

Received my copy today, but it's still sealed as Borderlands is owning my mortal soul. Soooo good. D:

Giolon

Story question!

So is there a new time loop going on in this game like the first one? If not, how do they explain all the inconsistencies between Arcade/Story and various characters' story lines.

LegatoB

Giolon said:
Story question!

So is there a new time loop going on in this game like the first one? If not, how do they explain all the inconsistencies between Arcade/Story and various characters' story lines.
Keep playing, this is explained later on.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Papercuts said:
I like the medium BB has with execution and timing. (S)SFIV seems to not know what it wants to do with messy inputs(that screw me over with overlap) but strict timing and a huge reversal window to punish you hard for dropping a combo.

Yeah, if I got to so a SF4 Remix, the first change I'd make would be the controls to make links easier and option selects as impossible as I could make them.

BB has too much hard stuff for a game many people aren't going to make their main game. KOFXIII should be a much better side game for people with its easier execution. (That's not a knock on BB, but a fact that people don't like hard execution games unless it's their main focus)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
arstal said:
Yeah, if I got to so a SF4 Remix, the first change I'd make would be the controls to make links easier and option selects as impossible as I could make them.

BB has too much hard stuff for a game many people aren't going to make their main game. KOFXIII should be a much better side game for people with its easier execution. (That's not a knock on BB, but a fact that people don't like hard execution games unless it's their main focus)

But most of the street fighter players say blazblue is a lot easier to play than sf... surely if you played sf the game should be cake :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
QisTopTier said:
But most of the street fighter players say blazblue is a lot easier to play than sf... surely if you played sf the game should be cake :lol

Where are most of the Street Fighter players saying this?

It's a lot easier to mash out some combos in BB though, that's for sure. Just like it's easier to mash out some combos in the Vs. games. Doesn't mean you're going to be kicking ass or anything though.

Q8D3vil

Lyte Edge said:
Where are most of the Street Fighter players saying this?

It's a lot easier to mash out some combos in BB though, that's for sure. Just like it's easier to mash out some combos in the Vs. games. Doesn't mean you're going to be kicking ass or anything though.
mashing buttons works in ct but i don't see it working in cs, specially since the removed the ice wiggling and noel drive is slower now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Q8D3vil said:
mashing buttons works in ct but i don't see it working in cs, specially since the removed the ice wiggling and noel drive is slower now.

BB has fewer buttons. We're talking MASHING here. You've even got some characters where you can just tap D a bunch of times and stuff will happen!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
QisTopTier said:

They're referring to the strategy end, which can be pretty shallow in Arc games at times, and not the execution. Not that SF dooesn't have its stupidity in some games also. (SF3/Alpha series especially)

FUUUU why do I always gravitate towards the higher execution characters?
In CT is was Carl and in CS it's Hazama :lol
I'm determined to stick it out this time and ditch the way of the ice car though.

depths20XX

My biggest problem is just remembering the inputs and setups for the combos. I guess that will come with time and repitition. Once you get them down they don't seem as strict on timing as in SSF4. This is definetly a game where I'm just going to pick one character and stick to them.

arstal said:
They're referring to the strategy end, which can be pretty shallow in Arc games at times, and not the execution. Not that SF dooesn't have its stupidity in some games also. (SF3/Alpha series especially)

Shouldn't we be comparing this to the Versus games though? I'd say ASW library favorably compares to those games more so than SF series proper.

LowParry

I don't know how this game caters to beginners. I'm tired of arcade. Training is difficult. And online I never find a player who sucks like me. I feel like giving up on this. Guess this game just isn't for me. I just adapt more quickly with the SF/KOF type games. This...it's a whole level of difficulty for me and I just get frustrated with it. "Buy game the game if you're a fighter game fan!" - I suddenly hate this quote. :lol

CcrooK said:
I don't know how this game caters to beginners. I'm tired of arcade. Training is difficult. And online I never find a player who sucks like me. I feel like giving up on this. Guess this game just isn't for me. I just adapt more quickly with the SF/KOF type games. This...it's a whole level of difficulty for me and I just get frustrated with it. "Buy game the game if you're a fighter game fan!" - I suddenly hate this quote. :lol

Have you actually been able to defeat Hazama on normal in Arcade/ I still can't. It's quite easy to get to him and then I have to give up. He's just too cheap!

I'm planning on diving into the story mode tonight though. I'll see how I handle that. It's a fun game but it has a steep learning curve. I even find the tutorial kind of difficult after awhile. I can't pull off some of the more complex combos. :lol

LowParry

DoctorWho said:
Have you actually been able to defeat Hazama on normal in Arcade/ I still can't. It's quite easy to get to him and then I have to give up. He's just too cheap!

I'm planning on diving into the story mode tonight though. I'll see how I handle that. It's a fun game but it has a steep learning curve. I even find the tutorial kind of difficult after awhile. I can't pull off some of the more complex combos. :lol

Yeah. As long as you keep the pressure that aura around him stays down. But that's like 4 times out of like 20 I've killed him. I dunno. I like what the game is doing. Tried to get back into Tao and my brain hurts after that. I'm giving it a rest for now. I'll give it one more shot later on but after that, if it fails, I'm done. Which has me worried that MvC3 is going to do the same to me. Not like it.

CcrooK said:
Typically people who buy a FG update on day 1 are skilled/enthusiasts. I recall pre-release SSFIV online was populated with tourney players who got the game from stores that broke the release date. Try playing some on the weekend and see if you run into some similarly new players before rushing out and selling it.

I know how you feel. I'm just lucky I have local dudes of similar skill levels to play with.

LowParry

_dementia said:
Typically people who buy a FG update on day 1 are skilled/enthusiasts. I recall pre-release SSFIV online was populated with tourney players who got the game from stores that broke the release date. Try playing some on the weekend and see if you run into some similarly new players before rushing out and selling it.

I know how you feel. I'm just lucky I have local dudes of similar skill levels to play with.

Oh I won't sell it. It's fun to play here and there. Just don't see myself getting to higher levels of play.

Some of that is troubling. My 360 copy came in yesterday from Amazon and will get to dig in tomorrow it appears, latest Sunday. Thinking of maining Bang, not sure yet. Im pretty much a 100% scrub, so Im really hoping the beginners mode and training mode is not too frustrating and can upgrade me to below adequate. :lol

TheApatheticOne said:
Some of that is troubling. My 360 copy came in yesterday from Amazon and will get to dig in tomorrow it appears, latest Sunday. Thinking of maining Bang, not sure yet. Im pretty much a 100% scrub, so Im really hoping the beginners mode and training mode is not too frustrating and can upgrade me to below adequate. :lol

My stubborness won't allow me to use Beginner's Mode. I played CT without any issues. I don't know why this game feels so much more difficult. I remember pulling off distortion drives and everything in CT yet I suck at this. :(

Top Bottom