• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Ferrio

Banned
I remember trying to get hit in and just COUNTER COUNTER, then you'd go bionic commando on me. Guess I should start using her 2A to start combos now since it can chain to 5B.

Novid

Banned
So back to the game again:

Boy. Ragna gets hated on so bad does he. (why i could have sworn somebody in neogaf got tagged with a comment simular to that androgyne said to ragna)

This Taka woman (cant REALLY call her kid) is a bit unerving but very funny.

Bang Reminds me of... me, always the best man never the groom.

The dialoge in this game is between forced and ingenious.

It seems like everybody knew everybody else at some point.

Ratchel is total tsun-tsun. MY God i knew women like that and they had MONEY - you look at them and there bodyguards will fuck you up. Seriously I have the scar on my back to prove it.

Seems like Noel is the biggest part of the game so ill get to her last

Carl, Carl, Carl... what Bang wouldnt give to be in Litchis arms.

And speaking of Litchi- again with Chinese sexpot Japan, i mean LOL at least she got some charatar but its almost over done. Chun will always be the greatest because everyone else has tried to make her and fell flat everytime. Every Time. (these days i dont use her in SSF4 because im not that good at charge) Teach Me Litchi however is SNEERING HILLARIOUS. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE :lol :lol :lol

Makoto is everywhere... YET somehow Arc forgot to write a story for her? It was easy as pie! And I cant train with her? COME ON thats the only drop of the ball in this game.

As for the game itself, Hakuman is the shit. No joke. See, I cant charge if my life depended on it in SSF4 but here, charge + OH SHIT SON. :D So i might use him to bait the tourny boys as soon as Makoto gets to those Sony servers...

Ragna is ok. But Litchi could be fun, that rod she has on one certain move isnt worth a distro-drive but the rest of her moves are soild. Miss Yayoi reminds me of the other Makoto but is much easer to use.

I heard all the bad news of the Unlimited Hazuma, but i dont fear him. He isnt as cheap as Gill and He dont use the half step trick Seth does. Just keep away from the drive and hes a pushover.

Bang can be good once in a while. His D setups though are between god tier and useless so its pick and choose for me.

As for the game, the animation is pretty good - despite being only 15 frames a sec. The dub is amazing for such a small group of va's. The story is a bit of a retread into Xenogears so far but i havent gotten too deep into it yet. Everything else (havent gotten to Online yet) is great.

fauxtrot

Banned
alright guys, lets do this! i'm not very good, but i'm up for playing with people at any skill level.

xbl: viktvaughn

i will be getting the ps3 version soon enough... which will make it a lot easier to find gaf online :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I joined a player lobby mid match for the first time...they start from the match's beginning and play it in hyperspeed until it catches up to where it's currently at. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm down for a (xbl) scrub lobby. Playing CPU all day isn't helping me at all. I'm getting way too reactionary.

Novid

Banned
Degen said:
Cat dude just said "I'm about as useful as tits on a bull"

why is the best character in the game non-playable

jubei would be so broken. Just be happy Hakumen is there (and good too) but Jubei reminds me so much of Jiraiya during the good old days of Naruto.

So what happened with cross platform leader boards? Are they still in? I remember them being an announced feature but never heard anything about it since.

vocab said:
That's only in HDR. In SFIV it's 632147 (works in BB as well). I'm pretty sure that works in ST as well, but the timing is much more strict.

Thats interesting because Ive been doing 632146 for standing 360s with Able in SSF4 and havn't had an issue with it. I just have to do it a little faster than normal.

The gag reels have been worth the purchase alone...that plus Hazama just being an epic troll so far ( except in arcade mode....fuck him in that mode) has made this a very enjoyable game.

FreedomFrisbee said:
So what happened with cross platform leader boards? Are they still in? I remember them being an announced feature but never heard anything about it since.

Thats interesting because Ive been doing 632146 for standing 360s with Able in SSF4 and havn't had an issue with it. I just have to do it a little faster than normal.

Abel doesn't have any 360s, just HCBs. You've been making those moves harder on yourself this whole time?! :lol

DY_nasty

DY_nasFREE

Main: Mu Tsubaki
Sub: Jin Hakumen

Why do I suck so bad now? :lol

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
GGs Gaf, to be honest I felt like I was smashing D with random direction... actually in fact, I was smashing D with random direction.

God I keep missing combo =/ Going to something less stressful, good old text adventure story mode.

hikarutilmitt said:
Abel doesn't have any 360s, just HCBs. You've been making those moves harder on yourself this whole time?! :lol

Ya, after I posted that the possibility occurred to me. Oh well.

On the negative side, I really can't believe they managed to make the online worse. Seriously? I can't back out of ranked matches now after seeing they have 0 bars? Why? Or am I just missing something? That on top of the drive cards now being cluttered pieces of crap. I used to be able to get the gist of how experienced my opponent was just at a glance, but I think the new drive card breaks every rule of design in the book.

And what the hell? I can't block on a forward air dash? At all? In CT it was just during the beginning of one. I discovered this sorrowfully when I was (trying to) bait Arakune's big tongue lick. I wound up getting stuffed 3 times in a row for no reason other than 'lol, won't let you block' . Ya, that was just awesome.

And I feel like Hakumen's counter is now useless. It seems like it actually comes out slower, and it's 'grab' area after the counter has been most certainly reduced. I countered a Jin trying to ice me at point blank 3 times in a row (in 3 different manners) and nothing happened at all. That elicited another 'fucking awesome' from me.

A large amount of rage poured from me as I discovered these things.

Papercuts

FreedomFrisbee said:
Ya, after I posted that the possibility occurred to me. Oh well.

On the negative side, I really can't believe they managed to make the online worse. Seriously? I can't back out of ranked matches now after seeing they have 0 bars? Why? Or am I just missing something? That on top of the drive cards now being cluttered pieces of crap. I used to be able to get the gist of how experienced my opponent was just at a glance, but I think the new drive card breaks every rule of design in the book.

The way they set up matches is much better. Just set the settings to only find a connection above what you want. The way they allowed backing out made people just keep rejecting you when they saw your main, and brag about their win rate even if they boosted or selectively picked certain matchups.

The dcards are pretty cluttered but I just scroll to the third page to see their win percentage.

LegatoB

Papercuts said:
The way they set up matches is much better. Just set the settings to only find a connection above what you want. The way they allowed backing out made people just keep rejecting you when they saw your main, and brag about their win rate even if they boosted or selectively picked certain matchups.
In practice, this doesn't work. I set my minimum connection speed to 3, and I will still get matched, after several minutes, into anywhere between 0 and 2.

DY_nasty

FreedomFrisbee said:
And what the hell? I can't block on a forward air dash? At all? In CT it was just during the beginning of one. I discovered this sorrowfully when I was (trying to) bait Arakune's big tongue lick. I wound up getting stuffed 3 times in a row for no reason other than 'lol, won't let you block' . Ya, that was just awesome.

And I feel like Hakumen's counter is now useless. It seems like it actually comes out slower, and it's 'grab' area after the counter has been most certainly reduced. I countered a Jin trying to ice me at point blank 3 times in a row (in 3 different manners) and nothing happened at all. That elicited another 'fucking awesome' from me.

A large amount of rage poured from me as I discovered these things.
You can block on air dash, it just has to be a barrier block now.

And for some reason, Hakumen is gelling with me now. I refused to use him in CT, now he's pretty damned beastly.

Papercuts

LegatoB said:
In practice, this doesn't work. I set my minimum connection speed to 3, and I will still get matched, after several minutes, into anywhere between 0 and 2.

Really? I've been getting it fine, I don't set it to local though.

Fugu

kiunchbb said:
God I keep missing combo =/ Going to something less stressful, good old text adventure story mode.
This is why I've taken a week off of BB.

A week that ends now. Anyone want to play?

LegatoB

Fugu said:
What? Why's that? I haven't been keeping up.
For some reason, the US PS3 version has already gotten patch version 1.01, which added Makoto, while the Japanese version hasn't gotten it yet. (That doesn't mean we can use Makoto, the DLC unlock key isn't out for purchase yet.)

I had a few great matches already and I like all of the changes with the exception of the drive card. I especially like the tutorial modes and challenge modes. Some of the challenge mode combos that are too long actually help me solidify my basics involving 5A, 6C and 8B which I never used that often. I'd actually like to see what kinds of tutorials they've got for everyone after seeing the one for Bang as well.

Aside from one or two things I'm pretty happy with the barrier burst mechanics and the reduction of guard breaks. The matches with Tager and Noel are actually fun for a change thanks to the two aforementioned changes.:lol

My only quibble with the game so far is the fact that you've got to unlock MU through story mode. That annoyed the hell out of me because I wanted to play her from the start. :(
Papercuts said:
I joined a player lobby mid match for the first time...they start from the match's beginning and play it in hyperspeed until it catches up to where it's currently at. :lol
I freaked out a few times before I figured out what was going on.:lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man I don't know what some people are talking about the story was awesome, LULZY AS HELL TOO. It makes me wonder if the people that hated on it didn't go through it in english, my god that was prob one of the top 3 dubs I ever heard xD I don't know if I can even stand hearing japanese hazama now after how freaking godly dubzama was in the story

Also Rachel gag ending is the best shit EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHRqGA71YQ

Hazama's gag ending made me feel bad for him.......
poor guy got raped... literally

Drac

SolarPowered said:
My only quibble with the game so far is the fact that you've got to unlock MU through story mode. That annoyed the hell out of me because I wanted to play her from the start. :(

AS (rightfully) wants you to play the story mode. Seriously I hate unlock-able characters in fighting game as much as the next guy but the story mode is too awesome to ignore, especially bad and comedy endings where all their budget went (Kokonoe looks at Tsubaki breasts... "Are you also an enemy ?!"). (well I'm talking with the JP version here, I have no idea if the English dubs are as awesome as the original materials)

edit after looking at youtube video of the previous post:
ok you have my sympathy...

Drac

Let's just say they are not my taste :lol or that I'm too used to the Japanese dubs and I can't imagine any other voices.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Drac said:
Let's just say they are not my taste :lol or that I'm too used to the Japanese dubs and I can't imagine any other voices.
Ahh I played ct with english dubs the whole time (cause bang made me lol hard), as I always appreciate good dubs since they are so rare. So hearing the voices in japanese is the same way for me xD

QisTopTier said:
Man I don't know what some people are talking about the story was awesome, LULZY AS HELL TOO. It makes me wonder if the people that hated on it didn't go through it in english, my god that was prob one of the top 3 dubs I ever heard xD I don't know if I can even stand hearing japanese hazama now after how freaking godly dubzama was in the story

Also Rachel gag ending is the best shit EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHRqGA71YQ

:lol :lol :lol

plus this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDl0peIS0d4&feature=watch_response_rev

the english dub is hilarious :lol :lol

Degen

LegatoB said:
For some reason, the US PS3 version has already gotten patch version 1.01, which added Makoto, while the Japanese version hasn't gotten it yet. (That doesn't mean we can use Makoto, the DLC unlock key isn't out for purchase yet.)
Apparently it means I can see Makoto's portrait every time I play ranked, lol

Papercuts said:
Really? I've been getting it fine, I don't set it to local though.

Ya, one would assume if it can't find what you're requesting after a while, it moves on.

The barrier block I have no issue with on a back air dash, but Im still getting nothing on forward air dashes. Really, if I'm baiting that stuff I should be countering it anyways, though.

Top Bottom