• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Degen

Good lord I miss shortcuts. After getting used to SSF4, nothing I do in BB is working except for the 360 motions.

Thanks a lot, T.Hawk... now I have to main Tager.

Degen said:
Good lord I miss shortcuts. After getting used to SSF4, nothing I do in BB is working except for the 360 motions.

Thanks a lot, T.Hawk... now I have to main Tager.

You can do the 360 shortcuts in BB? Half circle back forward real fast(what it was in SF)?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
For some reason I find hcb,f forwards a LOT harder in this then I do KOF.

And Dementia's advice is right. I think if I can go .500 with a scrub Tsubaki over the weekend playing ranked, there's hope for me.

Just wish I knew some easy BnB's. The combo challenges go from move explanations to final SSFIV challenge combos, nothing intermediate. That's my one qualm about the training for the game, it goes from basic to expert with little in the middle.

Like how do Tsubaki's specials chain, what's the easy way to get some damage? I don't need to go from zero to expert combo, I just need some simple crap. The game doesn't explain a whole lot besides expert-level combos outside of the general tutorial.

vocab

FreedomFrisbee said:
You can do the 360 shortcuts in BB? Half circle back forward real fast(what it was in SF)?

That's only in HDR. In SFIV it's 632147 (works in BB as well). I'm pretty sure that works in ST as well, but the timing is much more strict.

burgerdog said:
Tried some story mode yesterday and it still has branching paths, has anyone here completed it without using a guide?
I did. It's damn easy this time around.
You don't have to die either and there are three endings for each character except for some. It's usually a good ending, a bad ending, and a comedy ending.

arstal said:
Is like that in GGXX as well. I thought something was wrong with my stick yesterday, lol. Then I remember GGXX input timing, lol.

SAB CA said:
O used to hate his jabs. Now I actually LIKE them a lot. I also really had issues comboing after 623B before, but now it's stupid easy. 6C actually HITS a majority of standing people (thank goodness) where it used to whiff on SO many people before, and his crouching B ground srape-up after trip is fantastic. I also don't remember being able to B, c.C, c.D combo before.

I've heard poison is stronger now, too? I used to love Making Blood Pain Ragna's poisoned, just to laugh as they killed themselves...
Yeah, they've added so many links in his combo system that just make sense. I'm especially fond of 8B, 6C, and 5A.

Those improvements alone complement grounded styles like mine and more advanced aerial mixups that the pros will inevitably use(if you've got jump cancels down).

fake edit:
The matches are lag free, but it takes way too much time looking to find one.
:(

Shinriji

Bought it. Now it's the waiting game.

Dissapointed that the PS3 version doesn't have presential data just like the SSF4. And about the loading times? Better than CT?

LowParry

Alright. Mu. I'm banking on you to being my main and doing damn well. PSN updates are later today eh? Meaning my $2 is going to be damn well worth it. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
CcrooK said:
Alright. Mu. I'm banking on you to being my main and doing damn well. PSN updates are later today eh? Meaning my $2 is going to be damn well worth it. :lol
She has one main combo that you need to get the hang of. Other than that, you've just got to be smart, space well, and work your steins. Once you get someone in a corner with Mu, you've won.

Degen

I feel like I'm never going to get Mu. F***ing stories how do they work.

SolarPowered said:
fake edit:
The matches are lag free, but it takes way too much time looking to find one.
:(
that's love.
1y2zic.jpg

ApolloJoh

Degen said:
I feel like I'm never going to get Mu. F***ing stories how do they work.
shktn from Dustloop said:
How do I unlock Mu? play through story mode and complete the true end. To reach the true end, you must get the true endings for Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Hakumen, Tsubaki, and Hazama. You can also buy the unlock code from the PSN/XBL online store.

Just have to win battles 'til you see END with those characters. Thought you had to do it for every character.

CcrooK said:
Tried to get back into Tao and my brain hurts after that. I'm giving it a rest for now. I'll give it one more shot later on but after that, if it fails, I'm done.

Err, Tao is hard to use. She has low damage output on her individual strikes and is heavily reliant on extended combos which require relatively strict timing to get out. She's still a good character, though, but definitely not someone you are going to be proficient with in a week, or a month.

You might want to pick someone more newbie friendly. If you like quick characters, perhaps Litchi (still complex, but her damage output is higher on her beginner combos) is more your style. On the other end, bruisers like Tager, Hakumen, and Bang don't have extended combos but dish out excellent damage.

Or you could go for the middle, and toy with Ragna and Jin.

LegatoB

ApolloJoh said:
Just have to win battles 'til you see END with those characters. Thought you had to do it for every character.
You pretty much DO have to do that, given that you unlock the various other characters' story modes by playing Clear routes.

My copy just arrived today (2 days overseas shipping <3 Amazon) but unfortunately everytime my PS3 tries to boot it up I'm kicked back to the XMB and given a "80010514" error message.

I did some searching and found this is usually a problem with the system itself but this is the only game I get the error with. I live in Europe and Imported a US copy so I'm thinking this might be some sort of region lock? I imported CT last year and had no problems.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it my PS3 or my copy that's screwed up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I just installed the system update before puting the disc in and then installed the patch for the game before getting kicked back to the XMB.

I thought maybe that the patch didn't install properly so I deleted the saved data utility but now I don't get the option to install it again when booting the game up.

Oh, that's strange. I have never heard of anything like that. Maybe try logging into a US PSN account and see if that triggers the update again?

arstal said:

And Dementia's advice is right. I think if I can go .500 with a scrub Tsubaki over the weekend playing ranked, there's hope for me.

Just wish I knew some easy BnB's. The combo challenges go from move explanations to final SSFIV challenge combos, nothing intermediate. That's my one qualm about the training for the game, it goes from basic to expert with little in the middle.

Like how do Tsubaki's specials chain, what's the easy way to get some damage? I don't need to go from zero to expert combo, I just need some simple crap. The game doesn't explain a whole lot besides expert-level combos outside of the general tutorial.

Hey, I main Tsubaki. We can run some Tsubaki mirror matches tonight. I'll give you pointers and such.

Decado

So, at the end of the day, is the game pretty well balanced? Is there a noticeably better version?

Also, does this game benefit from having an arcade stick?

Decado said:
So, at the end of the day, is the game pretty well balanced? Is there a noticeably better version?

Also, does this game benefit from having an arcade stick?
It's much more balanced than its predecessor, but there are still definite tiers. Both 360 and PS3 versions are pretty much identical. As for arcade stick, it comes down to preference. I think QisTopTier plays on a pad and he's really good. Stick is not necessary at all.

DY_nasty

Decado said:
So, at the end of the day, is the game pretty well balanced?
So far. Litchi and Bang are top tier, but they're far from broken-tier like Rachel, Nu, and Arakune from the last game.

Everytime I lose to an Arakune, I'm boiling with rage - but usually because I know that I'm horrible at the moment and I turn into a lil bitch when I see the screen fill with bugs. I gotta remember to keep applying pressure even through the curse. Can't just break it like in the last game.

DY_nasty said:
So far. Litchi and Bang are top tier, but they're far from broken-tier like Rachel, Nu, and Arakune from the last game.

Everytime I lose to an Arakune, I'm boiling with rage - but usually because I know that I'm horrible at the moment and I turn into a lil bitch when I see the screen fill with bugs. I gotta remember to keep applying pressure even through the curse. Can't just break it like in the last game.

The best way to play against Arakune is to save your burst. IF he gets curse, BLOCK! Do NOT fight through it... As soon as he starts a combo, BURST. Do NOT let him get a full combo off of it. If they know what they are doing, it'll be more than half your life.

Q8D3vil

is ssf4 tournament edition worth buying ?!
i have hori arcad stick ( the big one ) but the buttons sucks right now.

so either i buy tournament edition or new buttons and stick ( with links please :D ).

DY_nasty

Yeah... after my last few games against Arakune, I'm starting to realize that trying to pressure while cursed isn't the greatest idea :lol

It can work every once in a while, but its hardly a viable strategy against any good Arakune player.
The Take Out Bandit said:
This Arakune talk has me terrified. He was my biggest pain in the ass in the last game.

I'll have to play as him in training to understand his shenanigans.
The 'trap' bug is whats bothering me the most.

I guess I just need to keep working on my defense and PICK A MAIN. Last night I spent 2-3 hours training with Mu, today I'm back to work on Tsubaki and Jin. I'm getting my grasp of the game back gradually, but I won't be beating anyone 'decent' until I get some BnB down.

This Arakune talk has me terrified. He was my biggest pain in the ass in the last game.

He's not nearly as bad as before. Arakune players need to work now to get the curse going, so don't expect to see any random newbies win with him—unless they know the combo that grants 100% curse meter off an airthrow. :lol

He's nowhere as bad as he was in CT, but once he curses you, it's worse than before. Problem is, it takes about 3-4 curse hits before he can curse activates. Although, in certain situations (with rapids), he can curse you in one combo.

Pappasman said:
How is Noel in CS? I really liked playing as her in CT.

A little weaker. They made her 5A worse, and the timing for her BnBs is more strict as if they weren't strict enough before. Mostly the same, from what I hear.

burgerdog

I'm failing Ragna's second mission 3 combo.
Throw
Gauntlet Hades
Spin Kick
Standing B (this is where I fail)

It looks like I can't get B to connect because it comes out too late and 2p recovers. I've tried mashing b and pressing B carefully at different times and I can't nail it.

burgerdog said:
Throw
Gauntlet Hades
Spin Kick

It looks like I can't get B to connect because it comes out too late and 2p recovers. I've tried mashing b and pressing B carefully at different times and I can't nail it.

This has been talked about a lot... Just look back a bit. The 2nd part of Gauntlet Hades is delayed.

vocab

burgerdog said:
Throw
Gauntlet Hades
Spin Kick

That standing B is a fucking nightmare.

DY_nasty

FlightOfHeaven said:
A little weaker. They made her 5A worse, and the timing for her BnBs is more strict as if they weren't strict enough before. Mostly the same, from what I hear.
Her normals are still dookie compared to the rest of the cast, but her Chain Revolver stuff seems like its on crack now and is improved a bit from what I can tell. You're forced to rely on it a bit more though.

burgerdog

Prototype-03 said:
This has been talked about a lot... Just look back a bit. The 2nd part of Gauntlet Hades is delayed.
Ah, okay. Sorry, I just started keeping up with the thread about 2 days ago.

edit
Did it. :D

Top Bottom