• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty said:
Unlimited Hazama has broken my will to live.
No kidding, man. I tried fighting him in arcade mode with Arakune and just got annihilated. I get raped if I tried to get close, and if I stayed back and tried getting a curse off I'd inevitably just get hit with his unblockable DD that comes out of nowhere. And then of course, if I spent too much time in the air - or any time at all really - I would just get grabbed by ourobouros.

My solution was Lambda. It's pretty easy to just dash in and trip him and then keep pressure on him with her standing C.

LowParry

DY_nasty said:
Beat Story mode. Or pay two bucks.

But :lol because no one can use Mu anyways. Playing with her is like flying a gundam.

I will master that gundam. :D I'll happily pay $2 for her. Fuck story mode. Too long. Soon as it shows up on PSN. Tsubaki's pretty fun but her damage blows unless you can get that charge in. This is really hard to get into online because there's so many good players already. A tough mountain to climb that's for sure.

NinjaKixx

Banned
Is unlimited hazama the hazama in arcade mode w/ the green aura around him? If so, is it even possible to beat him. Fought him for an hour last night and never even won a round w/ Ragna.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
NinjaKixx said:
Is unlimited hazama the hazama in arcade mode w/ the green aura around him? If so, is it even possible to beat him. Fought him for an hour last night and never even won a round w/ Ragna.

That's him, and he's beatable...just reallllllly hard.

vg260

Heretic Kazuma said:
It's a very short list: See the True Ending to unlock Mu-12, beat Score Attack with a character to unlock their Unlimited form.

Wasn't score attack a super pain to beat in CT? Hope they didn't make the unlocks a huge pain just to get people to buy the DLC unlocks.

Sucks they're charging for extra colors gain too considering they already had extra colors form the first game. Are they the same as the DLC from CT or new sets?

Shadow Red said:
Lol, Help me Professor Kokonoe is the shit!

No Litchi confirmed :(

But Kokonoe is crazy as fuck (Super Tager :lol :lol :lol ) so it should be awesome :lol

NinjaKixx said:

According to a poster above it seems Lambda can do the job somewhat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They seemed to have tightened up the amount of time after a KO to input moves. I can't do anything if a 720 finishes the round. =(

2&2 said:
Wasn't score attack a super pain to beat in CT? Hope they didn't make the unlocks a huge pain just to get people to buy the DLC unlocks.

Sucks they're charging for extra colors gain too considering they already had extra colors form the first game. Are they the same as the DLC from CT or new sets?

Score Attack made my blood boil in CT, Unlimited Ragna was unbelievably cheap. I heard he was nerfed in CS but I haven't fought him. Unlimited Hazama is pretty insane but he also isn't taking and healing 60% of your lifebar atleast.

I'm not sure about the colors. Everyone atleast has the heavily shaded color as one of the standards, it was DLC before.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Infinite Justice said:
No Litchi confirmed :(
Litchi is in.

And some of the color sets are new, not all. I can't troll with my steamboat Noel like I used to.

Coeliacus

NinjaKixx said:
If it's the same as the actual arcade, it's not too bad. CPU Hazama doesn't handle pressure very well. Just 5B him into whatever as he's getting up.

Ferrio

Banned
Been watching vids all day in anticipation of trying Litchi in depth tonight. Nice that her ippatsu actually has use (and is her b&b), and that she can combo into her astral now.

NinjaKixx

Banned
Zanken said:
If it's the same as the actual arcade, it's not too bad. CPU Hazama doesn't handle pressure very well. Just 5B him into whatever as he's getting up.

New to the game, dont even know what a 5b is....Didnt see any terms like this in the tutorial :(.

NinjaKixx said:
New to the game, dont even know what a 5b is....Didnt see any terms like this in the tutorial :(.
5B is just neutral B

if you think of a numpad on a computer keyboard, the directional inputs will correspond to the numbers (down is 2, up is 8, neutral is 5, forward is 6, etc).

IIRC

think of your directions like this

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

6 would be foward
2 would be down
8 would be up
4 would be back
5 would be netural/do nothing

so a "hadouken" or "down forward" or "quarter circle forward" motion would be 236
a "down back" motion or "quarter circle back" would be 214

etc.

you see this stuff alot in character guides/FAQS.

NinjaKixx

Banned
_dementia said:
5B is just neutral B

if you think of a numpad on a computer keyboard, the directional inputs will correspond to the numbers (down is 2, up is 8, neutral is 5, forward is 6, etc).

Infinite Justice said:
IIRC

think of your directions like this

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

6 would be foward
2 would be down
8 would be up
4 would be back
5 would be netural/do nothing

so a "hadouken" or "down forward" or "quarter circle forward" motion would be 236
a "down back" motion or "quarter circle back" would be 214

etc.

you see this stuff alot in character guides/FAQS.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanations.

Seriously...fuck Unlimited Hazuma..

I know that I'm shit but seriously?

His big ass aura recharges his health while sapping yours? Deal with it. You wanna jump? Fuck that bitch he's just gonna grab you motherfucker. Wanna stay away? Psssh, better hope he doesn't have his DD ready otherwise that's yo ass son. Win a round? Good for you...now get perfect'd up in this bitch.

goddam

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow just looking at the tutorial mode not that I need it but holy crap this game has so much more stuff in it than ssf4 it's not even funny :lol

Beth Cyra

Finally passed Mission 3, but sadly it was all because of luck and I can't pull it off a second time

Mission 4 though is really breaking my resolve, I know the the combo should be very easy but fuck, I am clearly not the type of person meant to play these games and it sucks because I really want to.

I will give it the rest of the day but if I can't pass this dumb mission then I am just going to sell it, if I can't pull of a combo as simple as this because of a jump cancel then I shouldn't be playing at all anyway.

DY_nasty

TruePrime said:
Finally passed Mission 3, but sadly it was all because of luck and I can't pull it off a second time

Mission 4 though is really breaking my resolve, I know the the combo should be very easy but fuck, I am clearly not the type of person meant to play these games and it sucks because I really want to.

I will give it the rest of the day but if I can't pass this dumb mission then I am just going to sell it, if I can't pull of a combo as simple as this because of a jump cancel then I shouldn't be playing at all anyway.
Take it easy man :lol

No one learns anything in fighting games quickly. Takes time, but there's such a huge reward when all that practice pays off. Stick with it.

btw, who are you using?

leng jai

CE shipped and should be here on Friday.

Coming from a casual Street Fighter player I hope the tutorial is as comprehensive as you guys say. SFF4 makes me rage so my TE stick has been collecting dust for a few weeks.

Beth Cyra

DY_nasty said:
Take it easy man :lol

No one learns anything in fighting games quickly. Takes time, but there's such a huge reward when all that practice pays off. Stick with it.

btw, who are you using?

Tsubaki.

Oh and I know you are right, I see people play at high level and I know most don't get there right away, it just crushes my spirit when I know it is my lack of skill and no fault of the game.

It's better to be able to pull things off consistently, even if they are basic techniques, then to try and pull off advanced movesets which work only 50% of the time.

It's not skill. Skill only matters up to a certain point. After that, it's all practice.

DY_nasty

leng jai said:

Coming from a casual Street Fighter player I hope the tutorial is as comprehensive as you guys say. SFF4 makes me rage so my TE stick has been collecting dust for a few weeks.
I'm coming off of SSF4 too, and its going to be an adjustment regardless. The speed and fluidity will have you feeling overwhelmed a bit. The tutorial is great, but you'll still need a lot of time just playing and getting your feet wet in order to get acclimated.
TruePrime said:
Tsubaki.

Oh and I know you are right, I see people play at high level and I know most don't get there right away, it just crushes my spirit when I know it is my lack of skill and no fault of the game.
I've been trying to work with Tsubaki for a while now too. It is toughsledding with her, and even though I could jump cancel like it was cake in the last game I'm having trouble with the same thing.

Coeliacus

TruePrime said:
That's not it, jump canceling into air combo seems perfectly natural to somebody who has been playing these games for a while, but it was one of the first things I spent ages trying to nail in Guilty Gear. It might take a while, but once you get a feel for the timing, you'll get the hang of it.

These games have their big skill hurdle much earlier in the learning curve than something like SF4. DY_nasty is right though, once you get it down it's really rewarding.

edit: Thinking about jump canceling more, I think it has to do with how you learn. When you think of a ground combo, you are basically memorising a string of inputs, with little regard to time. You need to get that string down so it's second nature, and you can actively think about trying to time your jump cancel. Start with a short string that leads into whatever launcher the combo requires.

Novid

Banned
got the game.

hmm, may need to switch the buttons.

MY GOD, The Brit Onii-Chan just called me a bubbering mass of fail :lol :lol (im half joking)

The Tutorials. HOLY SHIT.

Just those words.

HOLY SHIT.

Just got started on the story, gonna give it a good long play (since Latina Makoto isnt coming until August 5 or 6 depending how Sony is slow at times) and then i get online.

Wheres the booby lady thinga ma jig so i can sneer at it, sneer at it good :lol :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
leng jai said:

The tutorial is really good. Arc did so many things right in this, I feel ashamed for not liking it. I just don't like fighting games with complex unforgiving execution.

Give me sloppy and easy so I can worry about fighting my opponent, not the controls.

Beth Cyra

Zanken said:
That's not it, jump canceling into air combo seems perfectly natural to somebody who has been playing these games for a while, but it was one of the first things I spent ages trying to nail in Guilty Gear. It might take a while, but once you get a feel for the timing, you'll get the hang of it.

These games have their big skill hurdle much earlier in the learning curve than something like SF4. DY_nasty is right though, once you get it down it's really rewarding.

edit: Thinking about jump canceling more, I think it has to do with how you learn. When you think of a ground combo, you are basically memorising a string of inputs, with little regard to time. You need to get that string down so it's second nature, and you can actively think about trying to time your jump cancel. Start with a short string that leads into whatever launcher the combo requires.

Thanks for the advice.

I managed to get past Mission 4 and on to Mission 5, honestly I just watched it a few time and shut of the console, I will give it a once I feel like I got Mission 4's combo's down to a more comfortable level.

But I noticed something looking at it, and this is probably different for most characters or even higher level Tsubaki combos but the first 5 missions the second half of each combo is almost always the same.

C
C
D+F A
D+B C

seems to always be the finisher.

Question is should I start training with the stick now (I actually have a difficult time even moving with the thing) or wait till I have the general timing down in the cornor and let myself learn how to take the give and flow of a match and do them in a more open area while also learning the stick?

DY_nasty

arstal said:
The tutorial is really good. Arc did so many things right in this, I feel ashamed for not liking it. I just don't like fighting games with complex unforgiving execution.

Give me sloppy and easy so I can worry about fighting my opponent, not the controls.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. SSF4 one-frame links made me want to cry. Nothing in BB is that unforgiving. I will say that things in CS feel a bit tighter than they did in CT, not that thats a bad or good thing, but it definitely feels a bit different.

When it comes to stick/pad stuff, the sooner you pick one the better. Going back and forth between the two is only going to stunt your growth for each.

Just woke up and my BlazBlue is here!

I'm up for some matches if anyone is on the 360 version. My gamertag is xXSteelBlazinXx.

Also, someone mention super Tager? Will we have another super Tager vs Fu Rin Ka Zan?

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but the trophy list for this has three secret DLC trophies listed. I assume one for each of the DLC characters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
arstal said:

The control issue I always hate most in this game, involves how easy it is to use a command normal while you're trying to walk or something... I never screw up on command normals as much (if at all...) in KoF.

Where do you find the execution to feel the worse, if I may ask? Basic combo string timing, HJ canceling, Rapids?

---

On a personal note, I'm enjoying Tsubaki. I like the fact that I can generally do decent enough damage with her, that I feel I keep pace, even with the stronger damage dealers. And this is without Charges... So I figure once I get more natural at using them, she'll feel 1/3rd as strong as Bang! (TT_ TT )(Bang's new Distortion Drive is all kinds of cheese, btw. Massive hitbox, solid damage, anti-cross, quick recovery... it's pretty disgusting!)

Landing Tsubaki's (3C,C -> HJ, A, B (double jump), A, AirThrow) is very damaging, and I'll be happy to use it until people learn to throw break me all day long XD Same as any Aerial combos into BANG DROP EX!

Another thing about Tsubaki: Sweet, glorious special variety on different buttons! Oh, how I missed you in this game. Love the variety in her various button strengths.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Installing the game now ~_~ and I also tried to delete all my PSN inbox message for the heck of it since I had nothing to do.

Turn out its bad idea, everything's moving so slow and I am too scare to force shut it down.

DY_nasty

Mu Unlocked!

I'll be training with Mu Gundam for the rest of the week. Finally got my confidence back after dropping matches like crazy last night, but I'm just gonna stick to training/challenge mode until I get my shit together.

btw, dustloop.com has some really good character specific guides up right now. The one for Tsubaki helped me out a lot when it come to applying consistent pressure and overall defense.

SAB CA said:
Landing Tsubaki's (3C,C -> HJ, A, B (double jump), A, AirThrow) is very damaging, and I'll be happy to use it until people learn to throw break me all day long XD Same as any Aerial combos into BANG DROP EX!

That should be 3CC, jc (not high jump), j.B, j.C, dj, jC, 236A, 214C. Or you could do 3C, jc, j.C, (land), 2CC, hjc, j.C, dj, j.CC, 236A, 214C.

The air throw is good once in a while but remember that it's not a real combo. Plus the purple !s gives them a LONG time to tech.

edit:
kiunchbb said:
Installing the game now ~_~ and I also tried to delete all my PSN inbox message for the heck of it since I had nothing to do.

Turn out its bad idea, everything's moving so slow and I am too scare to force shut it down.

NO WONDER YOURE NOT DOING ANYTHING. Dont ask for invite and do NOTHING.

Bang doesn't feel that different at all. The only thing that I've noticed so far is that his combos are a little more extended and that his mixup backwards kick is now used with the medium(B) button instead of the strong(C) one.

I don't remember being able to perform his overhead kick in midair either.

Also, I already made an Arakune disconnect.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Bang doesn't feel that different at all. The only thing that I've noticed so far is that his combos are a little more extended and that his mixup backwards kick is now used with the medium(B) button instead.

Oh you are forgetting that bang didnt slide forward 5 miles when dash jabbing that's new oh and that he couldn't chain jabs for that mater too

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Prototype-03 said:
That should be 3CC, jc (not high jump), j.B, j.C, dj, jC, 236A, 214C. Or you could do 3C, jc, j.C, (land), 2CC, hjc, j.C, dj, j.CC, 236A, 214C.

The air throw is good once in a while but remember that it's not a real combo. Plus the purple !s gives them a LONG time to tech.

Was wonder of a good way to land her j.CC (haven't tried a single trial yet!), cool ^_^ Guess I should go back and clear up my errors and messy notations too. (yeah, not HJ! Oops) Wouldn't have suspected she could 3C, jc, J.C. Rest is even better.

Thanks for the info! :D

SolarPowered said:
Bang doesn't feel that different at all. The only thing that I've noticed so far is that his combos are a little more extended and that his mixup backwards kick is now used with the medium(B) button instead of the strong(C) one.

O used to hate his jabs. Now I actually LIKE them a lot. I also really had issues comboing after 623B before, but now it's stupid easy. 6C actually HITS a majority of standing people (thank goodness) where it used to whiff on SO many people before, and his crouching B ground srape-up after trip is fantastic. I also don't remember being able to B, c.C, c.D combo before.

I've heard poison is stronger now, too? I used to love Making Blood Pain Ragna's poisoned, just to laugh as they killed themselves...

SAB CA said:
Was wonder of a good way to land her j.CC (haven't tried a single trial yet!), cool ^_^ Guess I should go back and clear up my errors and messy notations too. (yeah, not HJ! Oops) Wouldn't have suspected she could 3C, jc, J.C. Rest is even better.

Thanks for the info! :D

If you're on PSN, probably could run some mirror matches.

QisTopTier said:
Oh you are forgetting that bang didnt slide forward 5 miles when dash jabbing that's new oh and that he couldn't chain jabs for that mater too
I went back to training mode and yeah they should call that a "slip N slide" haha. I've also experimented a little more with his extended combos and the throw daifunka stuff as well. His corner game is ABSOLUTELY insane now.

DY_nasty

I love Mu, but holy hell why can't I s.jc...

Anyone got any tips for it? I've been screwing around, messing up the high jump stuff with everyone. Maybe I'm trying the input too early...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So am I the only one unable to settle on a main because of the three DLC characters yet to be released? I can't decide until they're all there! :lol

Top Bottom