• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

I love story mode for the gag endings. I'm also enjoying the actual story much more this time around as well.

Anyway, Arakune's gag ending was simply amazing <3 So was his "Help Me!! Kokonoe" :lol Going to Litchi's Kokonoe segment for a sec...was I the only one who thought of
Arakune's "features" as a possible sex toy? I mean, he can shrink and expand...:lol I thought that's what they were trying to imply, but I forget the details. All I know is that that's what I thought, haha

I fucking love this game, even though I'm not the best at it when it comes to online.

Hazama: A after D to retract follow ups after the first stun for another with no pause for after D. So many hours to be spent on SRK & Dustloop...

Dear Unlimited Ragna, you suck.

vulva

Pandaman said:
i couldnt find this game today. :(

which might be good because now the ps3 is acting up.
ps3 #3.
lol sony.
lol.
Got mine for ps3 in today (Cambridge, Ontario).

So the shipments are definitely coming over the border now. I'm hopeful you'll get it soon!

As I mentioned earlier I'm having a bizarre issue in which my PS3 wont play this game and only this game. I tested it on a friends console and it worked fine.

Basically I have no choice but to get a whole new console if I want to play this which is driving me insane because I adored CT and couldn't wait for this.

So tell me Gaf, the game is good...but is it it $300 good?

ArcticDonkey said:
As I mentioned earlier I'm having a bizarre issue in which my PS3 wont play this game and only this game. I tested it on a friends console and it worked fine.

Basically I have no choice but to get a whole new console if I want to play this which is driving me insane because I adored CT and couldn't wait for this.

It's about $150 good, with a $50 Amazon gift card. Which is what the Xbox ran me. :p

Is your PS3 under warranty? I'd look into that first. Fucking bullshit janky hardware this generation man.

Sorry to read your tale of woe. :(

Counter!

Counter!

Counter! Counter!

Counter! Counter! Counter! Counter! Counter! Counter!

Fatal!

FUUUUUUUUUCK. I don't remember Calamity Trigger being this ridiculous.

Thanks for replying, I bought it second hand last year just when the slims were shipping cause I really wanted the backwards compatibility so I doubt the warranty will cover it. I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the pity though. It's looking like I'm going to have bite the bullet and get a fresh new console and store this one for PS2 games.

LegatoB

ArcticDonkey said:

Googling the error code you mentioned in your previous post turned up this post, containing a potential fix. Did you try that yet? Worth a shot.

h3ro

Who to believe?! :lol

I'm still finishing Story mode on a few characters in CT... my CS copy is sitting shrink-wrapped on my desk. :/

xero273

h3ro said:

I'm still finishing Story mode on a few characters in CT... my CS copy is sitting shrink-wrapped on my desk. :/

lol not sure. topic title says 3 pm edt. That's eastern time or at least that's what I think edt means

LegatoB said:
Googling the error code you mentioned in your previous post turned up this post, containing a potential fix. Did you try that yet? Worth a shot.
Oh I tried that and my hopes were very high because the problem was similar to mine but alas, no such luck.

I've restored the file system, rebuilt the database and a done full format of the hard disk but it looks like my wallet is destined to be much lighter if I want to get my Ragna on.

h3ro said:

xero is probably right, i'm reading the SRK front page and they could be wrong

LowParry

Well the weekend play has been a little more forgiving with finding new players like myself. Though playing with Tao, I can be random as fuck and win so easily. :lol But then a lvl 18 player came in and ruined all the fun.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I gave the same one last whirl to see if the Weekend changes this.

It did- I won more, but only vs scrubs. I did switch to Hakumen, which made things a lot easier too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Finally got up to Hazama's 6th challenge. The timing seemed tight for his combos but it gets easier as you actually learn what his moves are and how they connect to eachother.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
SolarPowered said:
Is everybody raising the standard difficulty of CPU's in the options before they go into arcade?

Well, it's just that I'm bad with most characters in BlazBlue. The only time I can fight against the computer on the higher difficulties is with my best characters. It doesn't help that Hazama punishes you like a motherfucker if you jump, which is a key characteristic of my playstyle. Plus he would always punish any of Ragna's drive attacks with a DD. So I basically figured out that you could spam Hell's Fang to beat him. =P

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Korigama said:
So many (too many) Bangs on the stream...

Yeah just pressure and BnB all day, awesome damage and block string every time=/

The commentary is weird, having a guy talking to himself, and he doesn't know much about the game.

kiunchbb said:
Yeah just pressure and BnB all day, awesome damage and block string every time=/

The commentary is weird, having a guy talking to himself, and he doesn't know much about the game.
I think because it's just casuals.

Tourney will have better commentary

LowParry

Alright. I'm having a bit more fun with this. Can't do all the combo stuff yet though once I get Mu, it's think tank time though Tao and Jin are still fun to play.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
CcrooK said:
Alright. I'm having a bit more fun with this. Can't do all the combo stuff yet though once I get Mu, it's think tank time though Tao and Jin are still fun to play.
Jin's combos look so funky now, but I like new jin more than old jin... old jin was dull as hell :lol

LowParry

QisTopTier said:
Jin's combos look so funky now, but I like new jin more than old jin... old jin was dull as hell :lol

Fo'sure. The thing I'm having a hard time adjusting to is the whole attack, jump, attack motion of combos. Tao in particular is really hard to get used to. Just need to spend a lot of time with it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy mother of christ, beat score attack earlier...

Unlimited Hazama in that mode pretty much does a reversal to whatever button you press, then combos you back so you have to get up to him again. If you jump towards him, he will ALWAYS snag you, and pretty much always combos into his distortion(the one I rarely see used). Then after him you still fight Unlimited Ragna...on the last round I did a 360B right after he did Devoured by Darkness, I thought I was going to lose and be forced to redo it all but the grab actually worked. He still does a ton of damage, he got a perfect on me when I first fought him.

At the end it's Unlimited Rachel, but I didn't find her that bad. She combos into tempest dahlia a lot. Aside from getting big damage off of that, the biggest issue is her making lightning out of nowhere/george hitting you while you're trying to combo.

The final gauntlet of unlimited hakumen, hazama, ragna, and rachel were a lot harder than I ever thought CT score attack was, which only really got insanely hard at the end with unlimited ragna.

Ugh, defensive fights suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The guy Spark from this tourney sucks fucking balls.

Edit: AND HE LOST! Fuck holding onto health leads, so stupid.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ugh, defensive fights suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The guy Spark from this tourney sucks fucking balls.

That's how you fight tager with, hazama, haku, lambda, carl

it's like gief in sf -.-

Kuugrr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Spark doesn't suck.

Top Bottom