• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
fubarduck said:
Glad to see everyone enjoyed the stream! Damn, I almost passed out during the finals. So intense!

It was good :D Now the two winners need to become robots and never drop a combo everrrrr
:lol :lol

Kuugrr

The story mode in CS is way more straightforward than CT, but if you guys need a quick, non-spoilery overview for the paths to the endings, there's one here.

There is a choice that is left out of the list for Noel's story that'll leave you with 99% if you forget about it, though. :mad:

fubarduck said:
Glad to see everyone enjoyed the stream! Damn, I almost passed out during the finals. So intense!

Yeah, man. Jan vs. Pozer was soooooooo hype. :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just picked up the game based on the new beginner mode. Out of curiosity, who is the "Ryu" of the game? The tutorial gives you Ranga, so I assume it's him?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
firehawk12 said:
I just picked up the game based on the new beginner mode. Out of curiosity, who is the "Ryu" of the game? The tutorial gives you Ranga, so I assume it's him?

I guess ragna is, jin kinda too. Doesn't mean they are both brain dead easy to get down though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
QisTopTier said:
I guess ragna is, jin kinda too. Doesn't mean they are both brain dead easy to get down though.

I figure I should be happy to be able to play through the game with the easier characters anyway. God knows I'm never actually going to go online anyway. :lol

Coeliacus

firehawk12 said:
His fireball is his neutral B. :lol

SolarPowered said:
Everybody is 100% except for Ragna with the stupid 4 DD requirement. I can't wait to get MU!

:D

fake edit:
I was under the impression that you only needed three distortion drives to get the "lost child" ending. Ragna requires 4DD by comparison.

Its 4, As she is in deep thoughts from Tager all the way to Nu.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
firehawk12 said:
I figure I should be happy to be able to play through the game with the easier characters anyway. God knows I'm never actually going to go online anyway. :lol

The story mode will last you a while kinda the gag endings are funny too :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Finished all the stories today, got Mu.
Doing challenges to learn new combos, fucking strict timing for the dashes in some combos! :mad:

Played 3 ranked matches to test drive my Hazama, won all 3, I thought I would suck bad. :lol

And doing Arcade mode with all the characters to get the Arcade endings atm.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Doing challenges to learn new combos, fucking strict timing for the dashes in some combos! :mad:

Combos in general are a lot tighter this game. I think CT was a way to get new ppl to get into the game. Once they suck you in, they started to go harder on the combos.

Kuugrr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Has anyone tried the PSP version of this game? I'm kind of curious how it turned out.

I actually played through the entire story mode last week on it to catch up for CS. I was out of town on vacation and didn't have access to the console version, so I figured, "why not?"

It's actually pretty good. Like Q said, it has pretty crappy sprites and the sound is not quite as good as the console version, but the game runs well and controls surprisingly decently. So it's not bad at all, especially if you're just going to play arcade and story and stuff like that. It's also where that Legion mode from CS comes from.

The multiplayer is kinda weak, since it's only adhoc with another person nearby. Or at least, that's the only way I could get it to work.

Edit: Oh, thought you meant CT PSP. My bad.

DR2K

Banned
Doing combos on a 360 pad is like using the rough end of sandpaper as a lubricant. Although I'm having a much easier time with this than SFIV surprisingly.

Kuugrr said:
I actually played through the entire story mode last week on it to catch up for CS. I was out of town on vacation and didn't have access to the console version, so I figured, "why not?"

It's actually pretty good. Like Q said, it has pretty crappy sprites and the sound is not quite as good as the console version, but the game runs well and controls surprisingly decently. So it's not bad at all, especially if you're just going to play arcade and story and stuff like that. It's also where that Legion mode from CS comes from.

The multiplayer is kinda weak, since it's only adhoc with another person nearby. Or at least, that's the only way I could get it to work.

Edit: Oh, thought you meant CT PSP. My bad.

Nah, I appreciate it. I saw a PSP version on amazon and didn't realize it was CT. Might pick it up for on the go.

btw, I've invited many of you to the chat... I see some of you in there and no one responds when I ask if anyone wants to play =(

The regulars that I've been playing are kiunch (lol D scrub), kiryogi and Q. I've played the other like once or twice... WHERE ARE THE REST?

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
btw, I've invited many of you to the chat... I see some of you in there and no one responds when I ask if anyone wants to play =(

The regulars that I've been playing are kiunch (lol D scrub), kiryogi and Q. I've played the other like once or twice... WHERE ARE THE REST?

SCII had me. I'll start playing probably tonight, but mostly in training. Getting even a bit of lichi's combos down is going to take some time.

Dreavus

Prototype-03 said:

I just got the game today >_>

I've been playing in training/challenge mode trying to overcome the cognitive dissonance of playing the same character with completely different combos. D:

up for grabs...

bkuCT.png
m7cHd.png
BPZtR.png
8duZY.png
WXVqC.png
XywsQ.png
3C54g.png
zlR0l.png
J11Zy.png
cjF3z.png
qnsrf.png
4uSGc.png
jcLUr.png
yWdJw.png
V6oAa.png

Lucentto

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

I'm here, too busy finishing story mode and learning combos. I don't want to go online until I learn Noel, but fuck her combos, fuck them to hell. I main Ragna though.

Kuugrr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Nah, I appreciate it. I saw a PSP version on amazon and didn't realize it was CT. Might pick it up for on the go.

Yeah, I really was surprised by how good of a port it was. Everything from the console version is in there, it's just not as pretty. :lol

_dementia said:
up for grabs...

Claiming Hakumang. Thanks!

remz said:
claiming bang. thanks man!

my dream BB avatar would be a loop of hazama's j.C but i cbf
:lol same here, but trying to figure out how to make it work and loop naturally is a bit beyond me. And you're very welcome :)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Papercuts said:
I don't know why so many Noels seem to say this, I even saw it on dustloop for CT. He can sledge a lot of her attacks but she still had an advantage, IIRC it's even in CS...just needs to approach it differently.

Tagar has a lot of attack that dodge/parry projective, unfortunately for Noel, all her best Normal attack and special attacks are projectiles ever tho they are melee attack.

Lack of wake up move = 50/50 mind game where Noel will do 20% Tagar, and Tagar will do 60% to Noel if he guessed right. This mind game already happened a lot during CT, with gadget finger in CS, it happens even more.

Also all Noel's attack are in Tagar's throw range, which mean she's will alway face to face against Tagar.

Oh did I mention back step will dodge everything that Noel does?

Back in CT Noel's poke had better and faster normal poke, so she still have a chance against Tagar. However, the designer wanted people to spam Noel's drive more, so they heavily nerfed Noel's normal, which forgot to adjust her drive to work better against Tagar.

Dresden

I can't do any of the combos in challenge mode. I'm going to blame my 360 controller. :lol New pad arrives on Wednesday, so let's see what happens then. I'll always have beginner mode to fall back on!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
_dementia said:
up for grabs...

bkuCT.png
m7cHd.png
BPZtR.png
8duZY.png
WXVqC.png
XywsQ.png
3C54g.png
zlR0l.png
J11Zy.png
cjF3z.png
qnsrf.png
4uSGc.png
jcLUr.png
yWdJw.png
V6oAa.png

Claiming GENESIC

kiunchbb said:
Tagar has a lot of attack that dodge/parry projective, unfortunately for Noel, all her best Normal attack and special attacks are projectiles ever tho they are melee attack.

Lack of wake up move = 50/50 mind game where Noel will do 20% Tagar, and Tagar will do 60% to Noel if he guessed right. This mind game already happened a lot during CT, with gadget finger in CS, it happens even more.

Also all Noel's attack are in Tagar's throw range, which mean she's will alway face to face against Tagar.

Oh did I mention back step will dodge everything that Noel does?

Back in CT Noel's poke had better and faster normal poke, so she still have a chance against Tagar. However, the designer wanted people to spam Noel's drive more, so they heavily nerfed Noel's normal, which forgot to adjust her drive to work better against Tagar.

I'll admit I don't have much experience with CS Noel aside from getting Haida looped to shame, but I think they did tweak her drive. It seems like a few more of her attacks aren't able to get sledged. Mainly 6D and spring raid to mix up, especially to avoid IB 360/720.

fubarduck said:
There were a lot of great matches, but the final was damn hype, gj running that, and shoutout to Team Spooky for the stream. Do you know if they will upload the finals to youtube?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Papercuts said:
I'll admit I don't have much experience with CS Noel aside from getting Haida looped to shame, but I think they did tweak her drive. It seems like a few more of her attacks aren't able to get sledged. Mainly 6D and spring raid to mix up, especially to avoid IB 360/720.

6D will get 360/720/sledged, spring raid cannot use as wake up, and it is not driver starter, can only be use as second move =(

Not only that, it is high punishable, low priority, and lost all its invincibility from CT era. It is now reduced to nothing but a combo chain.

kiryogi

Banned
Man tempting to change... But if I did I might just go back to my scribblenauts Lychee. That said. I think Ill remain faithful and stick to Ibuki.

Dresden

So... going through the story mode right now--I guess Noel doesn't wear underwear.

Also, is Ragna's gag ending the
one with the Crimson Grimoire
? Or is there another one?

Kuugrr

Dresden said:
Also, is Ragna's gag ending the
one with the Crimson Grimoire
? Or is there another one?

That's the one. :lol

Also, I just finished Jin's Alt ending and the corresponding "Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!" ... Jin is so, so creepy.

Prototype-03 said:

Game delay until next week , seeing the chat room and unable to play is torture.
Might not be able to play good but i still play you guys.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

I'm was doing story mode, I really enjoy the story mode in GG and BB games.

I will try and play tomorrow, but unfortunately I'm not at my house and I'm force to use Wireless, so that always bothers me while playing online. =/

chriskun

This game is fucking hard, I wish they made the combo system a little more mashy. I'm probably just spoiled from the easy inputs of sf4, fuck. Thinking of switching to an octo gate, maybe that will help.

Dresden

Okay, cleared Noel's story...

...really enjoying it so far. BB really are the only fighting games where you can legitimately play it for the story. :lol I do think Noel's VA is the weakest out of the bunch, though. Otherwise, the dubbing has been good.

Also, her gag ending wasn't as good as Ragna's, imo.

LegatoB

Getting really pissed off at the lag I'm getting online. I'm routinely dropping links I'd never drop offline and it makes me feel stupid; was it always like this in CT and I just blocked it out because I wasn't doing so many links (just stupid shit like jump cancel-cancelling 6D)?

...I still ended up going 15-0 in that scrub room a bro invited me into. Lordy, that was a massacre. Not really the fun kind of massacre, either. Especially when it ends with a couple of perfects.

LegatoB said:
Getting really pissed off at the lag I'm getting online. I'm routinely dropping links I'd never drop offline and it makes me feel stupid; was it always like this in CT and I just blocked it out because I wasn't doing so many links (just stupid shit like jump cancel-cancelling 6D)?

...I still ended up going 15-0 in that scrub room a bro invited me into. Lordy, that was a massacre. Not really the fun kind of massacre, either. Especially when it ends with a couple of perfects.

Why would you go into a scrub room knowing you were above their level of play?

Top Bottom