• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier said:
That's how you fight tager with, hazama, haku, lambda, carl

it's like gief in sf -.-

No, Tager guy kept trying to attack. Spark was playing hakumen and would use C attack that's the longer sword strike to hit him like 2 or 3 times and then run away and block to keep a like 2 hit health advantage until it timed out.

Kuugrr said:
Spark doesn't suck.

Anyone who plays to a timeout like that sucks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
No, Tager guy kept trying to attack. Spark was playing hakumen and would use C attack that's the longer sword strike to hit him like 2 or 3 times and then run away and block to keep a like 2 hit health advantage until it timed out.

>.> Uh that's what you do in that match up haku can shut down tager for free

LegatoB

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Somebody's salty.

LegatoB said:
Waaah somebody played slow pokey character vs. slow grappler character, not rushdown vs. rushdown ;_;

Hey look, yet another Tager match and yet again they don't have to pussy out to a time out every fight! But... but... I thought that's how you had to play against Tager?!??!?!?! Seriously, it's just stupid. There's been plenty of Tager fights.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hey look, yet another Tager match and yet again they don't have to pussy out to a time out every fight! But... but... I thought that's how you had to play against Tager?!??!?!?! Seriously, it's just stupid. There's been plenty of Tager fights.

I just listed the characters that time out tager -.- stop crying. I never said either of the players where bad or good. Im telling you that's one of the things those characters can do to tager. You don't like it to damn bad. Go play gief vs akuma or dhalsim or something... OH WAIT SAME SHIT LOL

QisTopTier said:
I just listed the characters that time out tager -.- stop crying. I never said either of the players where bad or good. Im telling you that's one of the things those characters can do to tager. You don't like it to damn bad. Go play gief vs akuma or dhalsim or something... OH WAIT SAME SHIT LOL

Why would I play street fighter? I'm lost at you changing the subject...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why would I play street fighter? I'm lost at you changing the subject...
It's not changing the subject... it's a similar situation in a different game. A slow character vs characters that can out zone them.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
QisTopTier said:

This is bias, no one cry when Noel is free for Tager =/ and people are complaining when Haku lock down Tager for free.

Bebpo

Banned
QisTopTier said:

I thought the whole point of CS was to balance the game so there wouldn't be any "free" matchups.

Finally finished Calamity Trigger true ending. Guilty Gear team really likes going for the whole ridiculous mindfuck story huh? Can't wait to get continuum shift. :D

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Finally finished Calamity Trigger true ending. Guilty Gear team really likes going for the whole ridiculous mindfuck story huh? Can't wait to get continuum shift. :D
I'm stuck at 96% with Noel for some godforsaken reason. I've lost all the matches I possibly could, I've used Distortion Drives when appropriate, I've gotten both endings...dammit this is the kind of stuff I don't want to see in CS story mode.

:(

SolarPowered said:
I'm stuck at 96% with Noel for some godforsaken reason. I've lost all the matches I possibly could, I've used Distortion Drives when appropriate, I've gotten both endings...dammit this is the kind of stuff I don't want to see in CS story mode.

Did you distortion 4 of them in a row without losing/reloading? One of the story lines for her has a long distortion line you have to do in one shot. Check gamefaqs for you may have missed, but she has annoying string of distortion finishes you have to do. Are the audio tracks anything special? I can't even find them in the gallery.

And has anyone played continuum shift in the arcade? Apparently there's a machine like an hour away so I may drive there tomorrow to try it out.

Coeliacus

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
And has anyone played continuum shift in the arcade? Apparently there's a machine like an hour away so I may drive there tomorrow to try it out.
I've been playing CS at our arcade since around Christmas last year. :D

Dreavus

Got the game today ^^

Been trying some of the challenges they are pretty tough. I can't get the timing down for CH 623c -> 5b 5c etc. in Jin's #8. He hits them up so high that I have no visual cues to go by. :lol

And trying to jump cancel into anything after a j.2c is giving me headaches for some reason. D:

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Don't have continuum shift yet. :( Too poor.

the easiest way to learn is to figure them out for yourself in training mode. After you learn the basics, then find youtube videos to learn the best combos.

SolarPowered said:

As said already their is path were you have to win 4 matches with Distortion Drive finishes (Tager, Bang, Jin, Nu). If you mess up one of them you have to do it all over again plus saving at points don't count also.

In that path she will be remembering a lot of stuff at the Academy.

There is also another path of winning with Distortion finishes against Taokaka, Bang and Litchi but i think you can save in that one.

Noel was the biggest culprit when it came to winning by that method :(, but its due to how she is i suppose.

Coeliacus

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Lucky bastard.... I suck at them game and don't use a stick so I'm expecting to get pissed off and lose money quickly. :lol
Arcades are so good though if you get to know people, particularly games like BB that have a small community, people usually try to help you out if you keep showing up.

Who cares about arcade right now though, I have to wait for my PS3 copy to ship here from PA... it shipped on Friday so another... two weeks maximum... :(

Dresden

I've been watching some videos, and damn, this Mike_Z guy is a beast. Makes me want to play Tager, although I know I'll be terrible at it.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Did you distortion 4 of them in a row without losing/reloading? One of the story lines for her has a long distortion line you have to do in one shot. Check gamefaqs for you may have missed, but she has annoying string of distortion finishes you have to do. Are the audio tracks anything special? I can't even find them in the gallery.

I was just missing a couple of losses with her even though I was pretty comprehensive about her branching paths. I'm sitting at 99% with Jin and I sure as hell won't bother with Ragna's mode tonight.:lol

Infinite Justice said:
As said already their is path were you have to win 4 matches with Distortion Drive finishes (Tager, Bang, Jin, Nu). If you mess up one of them you have to do it all over again plus saving at points don't count also.

In that path she will be remembering a lot of stuff at the Academy.

There is also another path of winning with Distortion finishes against Taokaka, Bang and Litchi but i think you can save in that one.

Noel was the biggest culprit when it came to winning by that method :(, but its due to how she is i suppose.
Nope, Ragna is the worse than her in that respect. If you don't time the damn distortion right you'll miss. Noel is much better because her distortion is projectile based and a snap to pull off(double quarter circle forward+D).

SolarPowered said:
I was just missing a couple of losses with her even though I was pretty comprehensive about her branching paths. I'm sitting at 99% with Jin and I sure as hell won't bother with Ragna's mode tonight.:lol

Nope, Ragna is the worse than her in that respect. If you don't time the damn distortion right you'll miss. Noel is much better because her distortion is projectile based and a snap to pull off(double quarter circle forward+D).

Ya, it took me this long because I missed a loss with Tao apparently and I was at 99%. I kept replaying and couldn't get the last 1% and her story branches like crazy so it was a colossal pain in the ass.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
kiunchbb said:
This is bias, no one cry when Noel is free for Tager =/ and people are complaining when Haku lock down Tager for free.

I don't know why so many Noels seem to say this, I even saw it on dustloop for CT. He can sledge a lot of her attacks but she still had an advantage, IIRC it's even in CS...just needs to approach it differently.

SolarPowered said:

if your 99% that normally means there is some loss you haven't got yet :lol

I was talking about her being a culprit in the sense of how much fights you have to use it in.

As for pulling off i was somewhat more comfortable with Ragna's (maybe because i was playing on a d-pad and it could make up distance quickly). While Noel had a projectile based one it made me somewhat complacent and i wanted the enemy to get the full super

Everybody is 100% except for Ragna with the stupid 4 DD requirement. I can't wait to get MU!

:D

fake edit:
I was under the impression that you only needed three distortion drives to get the "lost child" ending. Ragna requires 4DD by comparison.

Top Bottom