• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Is there a guide to story mode? I didn't know that Ragna's required 4 DD finishes, for example.

Wait, you are required to lose matches? I thought they moved that stupid condition.

Also, I might take this, but I don't know if I'll be maining Noel anymore...

http://imgur.com/cjF3z.png

Awesome avatars, though.

People usually mean what they say.

Once you run the table on the all the players that are there in a row, it means it's time to give up your slot or bow out completely.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
fubarduck said:
Glad to see everyone enjoyed the stream! Damn, I almost passed out during the finals. So intense!

THX for hosting us Fubar! This is Brian from Monsters Arcade btw. Look foward to workin with ya.

And guys can you invite me into the gaf BB chat? I want to try to stream Blazblue on our channel tomorrow for a bit. Ima see if i can get Jan to play tomorrow. If he cant make it out twice this week then next week for sure.

PSN: Wolfwood0

LegatoB said:
Getting really pissed off at the lag I'm getting online. I'm routinely dropping links I'd never drop offline and it makes me feel stupid; was it always like this in CT and I just blocked it out because I wasn't doing so many links (just stupid shit like jump cancel-cancelling 6D)?

...I still ended up going 15-0 in that scrub room a bro invited me into. Lordy, that was a massacre. Not really the fun kind of massacre, either. Especially when it ends with a couple of perfects.

I don't mind scrub rooms (as long as it's not hours on end) because everyone starts somewhere. If they don't leave after getting murdered, it usually means that they want to learn and I have NO problems with that. Everyone knows how I started with Rachel in CT. My superpower was to use all 4 winds in 1 sec.

edit:
Wolfwood0 said:
THX for hosting us Fubar! This is Brian from Monsters Arcade btw. Look foward to workin with ya.

And guys can you invite me into the gaf BB chat? I want to try to stream Blazblue on our channel tomorrow for a bit. Ima see if i can get Jan to play tomorrow. If he cant make it out twice this week then next week for sure.

PSN: Wolfwood0

I can probably invite you but I won't be home until later tonight.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Is there a guide to story mode? I didn't know that Ragna's required 4 DD finishes, for example.

Wait, you are required to lose matches? I thought they moved that stupid condition.

Also, I might take this, but I don't know if I'll be maining Noel anymore...

http://imgur.com/cjF3z.png

Awesome avatars, though.

There was a bit of CT discussion mixed in the last few pages.

Not sure about the Ranga thing in CS since i haven't played it yet.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Any 360 lobbies gonna be up tonight? Hopefully I'll graduate from scrub status sometime soon...

I went to the arcade today and the arcade itself was crap. :/ Went to play continuum shift and it was totally hacked together with a tv on a stand as the display and shittily printed out signage to tape to the outside of the machine. I went to play it and the joysticks had like an octagon or something in it so it felt like an N64 controller when I was playing and as a result I couldn't even do specials let alone combos. It was nice that they gave you 5 credits but the joystick was so crappy I just wound up leaving. What a disappointment. :(

ultim8p00

Banned
Yep, loving the new haida loop. So much easier to do. Just loving new Noel overall. I know I said she's crap (and she still is in a lot of ways) but she feels great.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ultim8p00 said:
Yep, loving the new haida loop. So much easier to do. Just loving new Noel overall. I know I said she's crap (and she still is in a lot of ways) but she feels great.

She takes more precision to play now, not so much MASH HITS TIL I GET A HIT IN OMG GO FOR MY COMBOOOOO

Same for jin :lol

Ya know, at first it was hard to imagine why bang was so 'broke'. There didn't seem anything obvious about it. But after playing only several of them, its now especially obvious why. Hes got Ragna's absurd combo-ability, but without any of the downfalls of low health and no projectile (his health isn't as low as Ragna's and he has projectiles). He just has options out the ass.

And then the FRKZ cherry on top. He gets into that and he can still run away like crazy (especially against Tager and Haku).

There are any number of easy fixes to it though, so I'm not worried about it in the long run. Lowered damage. Lowered nail count. Lowered health. Any one of those would probably do the trick. Maybe bring back the 100% heat FRKZ from the loc tests, just for kicks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FreedomFrisbee said:
Ya know, at first it was hard to imagine why bang was so 'broke'. There didn't seem anything obvious about it. But after playing only several of them, its now especially obvious why. Hes got Ragna's absurd combo-ability, but without any of the downfalls of low health and no projectile (his health isn't as low as Ragna's and he has projectiles). He just has options out the ass.

And then the FRKZ cherry on top. He gets into that and he can still run away like crazy (especially against Tager and Haku).

There are any number of easy fixes to it though, so I'm not worried about it in the long run. Lowered damage. Lowered nail count. Lowered health. Any one of those would probably do the trick. Maybe bring back the 100% heat FRKZ from the loc tests, just for kicks.

Actually just get rid of the damn momentum he keeps after attacking that would fix a lot :lol

FreedomFrisbee said:

most of the bangs I've played online fall into the same patterns though, so it's easy to counter. when he mixes up well, he's almost unstoppable. :(

Gadget finger is broken.

That is all.

Edit:
The one thing I wouldn't mind at all is a reduction in the damage output of bang's grab. A simple 5D+grab does like nearly 3k damage I believe. That is excessive.

2nd Edit:
The damage for that one is actually 2.6K. That doesn't even include other moves that can add up to more damage...or the dreaded throw daifunka. Pretty excessive.

_dementia said:
I love that it magnetizes :lol
With the addition of guard primers and gadget finger it's basically impossible to win against a great Tager. Too much pressure will you get you caught in some sort of distortion drive, and playing it cautious may bring about negative penalties against a dude who can get 4K damage off a 7 hit combo. The whole allure he had from the start was the possibility of a magnetic strike, but now you're magnetized for 80% of the match if you get close at all. They should just let Tager dash and run with the rest of them.:lol

I could live with the rest just fine if that damned gadget finger didn't pick my ninja ass up off the floor for another pounding. :(

DR2K

Banned
The challenge mode is so jarring. First 2 are a cinch, but then the combos become so convoluted on the 3rd trial on. There's absolutely no middle ground. It's like going from the first few trials to the last few in SFIV.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Gadget finger is broken.

That is all.

Edit:
The one thing I wouldn't mind at all is a reduction in the damage output of bang's grab. A simple 5D+grab does like nearly 3k damage I believe. That is excessive.

2nd Edit:
The damage for that one is actually 2.6K. That doesn't even include other moves that can add up to more damage...or the dreaded throw daifunka. Pretty excessive.

OK for 1 gadget finger sorta sucks, half the time top tagers dont even use it and go for a different reset option, 2 why are you letting bang combo you into a throw....

DR2K said:
The challenge mode is so jarring. First 2 are a cinch, but then the combos become so convoluted on the 3rd trial on. There's absolutely no middle ground. It's like going from the first few trials to the last few in SFIV.

no no the convulted ones are at the end and most of the time they are an easier version of the staple combos. If it's to hard though maybe you could pick up a easier character :lol

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
no no the convulted ones are at the end and most of the time they are an easier version of the staple combos. If it's to hard though maybe you could pick up a easier character :lol

Oh no, I know they get much harder at the end(tried them and failed). I'm trying to do these on a 360 pad though.

Has anyone played this game on the rockband pad?

akachan ningen said:
most of the bangs I've played online fall into the same patterns though, so it's easy to counter. when he mixes up well, he's almost unstoppable. :(

I realized Bang's ridiculousness when I played a great Bang. I could see some of the broken stuff at first, but was managing, until I came up against an equal caliber player. I think I'm a pretty good Hakumen, and generally me and this guy went toe to toe. But he was just doing crazy meterless damage like there was no tomorrow. The last time I felt like that was when a Jin walked me across the stage (wall to wall) with some ridiculous combo in CT. And Hakumen has a lot of health! I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for lesser characters. That'd be half health+ meterless combos out of 5B poke.

2nd Edit:

Christ! It was a daifuka off the throw! That shit happened to me and I thought I was just seeing things. Why the hell should he be able to do that?

On Tager note: Its easy to shut him down with quick poke shenanigans. I get in, lay down some ground pokes, jump every once in a while to avoid any throws/keep him guessing, while air poking. Then when landing from jumps sometimes grab (which can require not attacking when you jump). He won't be able to grab you with the collider if you keep the spacing right. Sooner or later he'll get to the wall. I did this all the time in CT and it resulted in many guard crushes. Not that crazy in CS, but still effective.

Want to play through the training mode before I get to playing, but I'm really put off by the overdone presentation in training mode. While part of me appreciates loli character trolling the intelligence of the player, it's also needlessly garrulous.

Give me a hoop. Make me jump through it. NEXT!

Zero f*cking patience man.

Then again, this is the same company crapping out 14 minute long "joke" endings, when VF Kids had hilarious endings with no extensive voice over and all under a minute.

Plus I sort of resent going through the basics with that douchebag Ragna.

Plus Borderlands still has it's meathooks in me thanks to it's perfect TToB approved game. Minimal cutscenes shenanigans, no QTE, loot'em up action, and the worst god damned vehicle controls in a game I've ever played. :p

QisTopTier said:
OK for 1 gadget finger sorta sucks, half the time top tagers dont even use it and go for a different reset option, 2 why are you letting bang combo you into a throw....
Oh, that part was actually in response to frisbee's post on Bang. I actually wanted to give him a hard number on the minimum damage you can do off of a throw.

I suppose you're experiences on this may be a little different from mine. I haven't seen too many Tagers using gadget finger myself, but it's annoying regardles when you consider his damage potential. I'm pretty much over it now since I've got a lot of matches to go before I really tap into Bang's potential.

FreedomFrisbee said:
Christ! It was a daifuka off the throw! That shit happened to me and I thought I was just seeing things. Why the hell should he be able to do that?

On Tager note: Its easy to shut him down with quick poke shenanigans. I get in, lay down some ground pokes, jump every once in a while to avoid any throws/keep him guessing, while air poking. Then when landing from jumps sometimes grab (which can require not attacking when you jump). He won't be able to grab you with the collider if you keep the spacing right. Sooner or later he'll get to the wall. I did this all the time in CT and it resulted in many guard crushes. Not that crazy in CS, but still effective.
Thanks for the tips.

Also, daifunka combos are really rough this time around. They honestly make him scarier than Tager to me now.:lol

Ferrio

Banned
Played some laggy rounds against Q. He decided to just fuck around and play U-13 I guess. My litchi is still really bad, can't even land a combo I used to do a lot in CT :(. That and COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER. Really should start using 2A since it chains into 5B now.

Ferrio said:
Played some laggy rounds against Q. He decided to just fuck around and play U-13 I guess. My litchi is still really bad, can't even land a combo I used to do a lot in CT :(. That and COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER. Really should start using 2A since it chains into 5B now.

I think he's switching over the Mu-12

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I was just seen that second set of "Teach me Miss Litchi" episodes (Tips 2) and I like seen them, they are funny and have lots of nice info about the BlazBlue world.

Anyways, in the last one (5th, well I think it's the last one), they kinda confirmed Jubei for BlazBlue 3 technically. :lol

I can't wait to see him in action, if he does (and most likely will). :D

Ferrio said:

We played like 50 mu v tager matches last night. :lol
I think mu is here to stay.

Degen

Mu is the shit! Must learn.

kiunchbb said:
Lambda Gag ending.....

It is so sad ~_~ not even funny in anyway
Summary of lambda's story (spoilers):

torture
suffering
memory loss
sad stuff
death

I believe that shaping it like a giant middle finger was appropriate

forgrim

The game for me is arriving on Fridayish so i'll be joining the PS crowd soon enough.

Question tho, I haven't been following CS as closely as I should've so...for a V-13 user such as myself, I hear much as changed...would Lambda or Mu be closer to the style that I've been playing?

DR2K said:
I can't speak for other characters, but Hazama's 3rd trial is way easier than his 10th

Coeliacus

forgrim said:
Question tho, I haven't been following CS as closely as I should've so...for a V-13 user such as myself, I hear much as changed...would Lambda or Mu be closer to the style that I've been playing?
Lambda is really just Nu, but they've taken a different approach to the way she works. Most of her specials behave differently now. She has new moves too, but in return she loses her full stupidly good full screen pressure and damage.

I have found out that you do need DDs to get 100% (see:Tsubaki)

Fortunately, most of the story mode paths are extremely short, requiring at times two fights!

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I think he's switching over the Mu-12

Ah, was my first time playing against her too. Had no idea wtf she was doing. Also I have yet to play someone other than Q, where is everyone... especially people who aren't 0 bars to me :(

LegatoB

_dementia said:
Yesterday I realized the clock doesn't run down during Distortion Drive animations, much to my chagrin. :(
Worse, Arakune's curse meter doesn't run down during Distortion Drive. :( Wallbounce into Daifunka only buys you a few frames to set up to block, rather than wasting precious seconds of potential BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Novid

Banned
Ok, finished story mode got Mu-12:

Litchi is the BIGGEST dummy ever in a fighting game. SERIOUSLY. She leaves her clinic, the kid shes taken care of, Bang (but she doesnt like him) and works with Hazuma in order to save a crazed dude who deserves his fate. Even Tao had her moments - her lesbianism notwithstanding. But Litchi, BEING THE IDIOT she is - couldnt see what Bang already has (a NOX dummy, THAT HEALS FOLK DUMMY!) but because she plays that SILLY Chinese sexpot BS, she doesnt even want to TALK to bang other than whats up shake her ass and leaves making Bang work harder than he has any right to.
That why Chun will always be the greatest of all time. because she ISNT a DUMBASS!

As for the ending... WTFBBQ? Wait, I didnt play CT so i might be lost - Ragna knows Saya, Saya is this Fasist Dictator - and Jin states that Saya gave him the Yukinasa. Who the fuck is Saya and how did she become the Fasist?

So Ammy is wrecked or about to be wrecked?

Mutato-ne (My phrase for Kokonoe) parents... you cant be serious? So Jubei was a playa. Just like Juriya! Why lie about her mom though? (if its Nine)... Kokonoe reminds me so much Dr Frankinstein - she has no morals, she would even use her body in the puruit of getting the next equasion right. No wonder Bunny-Liech hates Kokonoe with a passion.

Speaking of Bunny Leach, she cant quite say it. But she wants Raggy SO FUCKING BAD. I mean, come on - he kicked the ass of the in-oh-elle so bad they were shiting there pants, but in the first time frame they won, in the second time frame its a draw - Noel saves him and loses his arm, but then has the will to save the world by breaking his other arm. But its not going to happen, the point is that she is the way she is for a reason.

Speaking of Noel, there many copies of her? How that came to be?

Back to Bunny Leach, she called Hakuman Mr Hero... she also called Jin Mr Hero... WTF that MEAN?

The saddest part of the story is Miss Yayoi's. She is this truly conservitive woman who works hard and is very modest - all she wants is Jin and happy existance, but kept getting denyed because of Noel (who doesnt want Jin and Jin Hates her guts) is working with Jin as first LT. The fact she is losing her eyes makes it all the more sad because it was her eyes that everybody notices about her. Its her only sin, her virtuous nature that Hazuma uses in order for the NOL to control her fate. Its the reason why she was never chosen to be the true "eye" she was pure to a fault of her own desire. Its the famous quote - Those that wish to control you dont uses your vices but your virtue made manifest.

We never see Tao's and Tora's faces? There not ugly in there? And why Arkune calls her a copy?

This Relius dude is something else. Uses his wife and his daugher as toys. No wonder Carl hates to grow up.

Ok so I only missing a few things - the fifth episode of Miss Litchi reloaded (for some reason it isnt up in TIPS 2) and the Unlimited Folk? how do i get those two?

As for online... when are we gonna get the Japanese players since Makoto is just about ready and they havent gotten there code yet. Got to be fair (I havent played online yet until the Japanese get on it Europe is gonna get theirs in a later date)

The game is awsome outside of a few nags here or there.

xero273

Novid said:

You get unlimited characters by either buying the unlock code or go through score attk with each character and beat it. The update for japanese version is coming this Thursday.

I guess Rachel calls Jin Mr. Hero because he was hero of the Ikaruga War. Or because hakumen is Jin from a different time line so that's why Rachel calls him Mr. Hero.

murakumo units aren't copies of Noel. Noel and them are copies of Saya.

Top Bottom