• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

my defenses!

yeah guys I'm in the same boat
part of the reason is i have little idea which moves hit overhead and which hit low so mixup and you'll always get free damage from me. :lol

yeah i should pay attention to the exclamation points

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh god I hate Unlimited Hazama so much. This is so much worse than Boss I-No or Boss Dizzy ever were in GGXX. Like seriously, this is some SNK Boss Syndrome level bullshit. :lol

How goes the Hazama game? I'm finding his game requires alot knowledge with space & timing more so than most fighters. I'm not quite sure whom else I'd pick up this time around

RapidCancel said:
^ Expensive...

gsc_nendoroid_noel_vermillion04.jpg

Wouldn't mind the figure, too bad it's not sold independently.

Edit: I'm guessing anyone who buys the LE version wouldn't want to sell me just the figure? >.>
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/706
I hope i could help you.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well Makoto is out on 360 Marketplace today. Got her, and... she's actually pretty cool.

I'm a bit annoyed they don't have a pallette swap that give her black tights or something, (KoF XIII, thanks for raising my expectations!), as it'd be nice to make her look even more like May, and less "SERVICE, SERVICE!", but otherwise, she has the 12 default colors, and 12 additional colors included, and her theme. A few of the bonus colors are kinda interesting... anyway...

She's gonna be a combo beast, that's for sure. A double ground C, double air C, double C combos into Overhead and then BACK into C, Revolver chains combo into D attacks, which can leave with loads of hitstun waiting for rapic cancels, and her distortions have healthy invincibility frames at point.

Oh, and she can Parry / Cross Counter.

Toss in a bit of Kage-Bushin, and you have a character that looks to be a mixup / rushdown queen. Seems not to do much damage off normals, since they all need to be chained like crazy, but her Drive is made to boost exactly that, when used right.

I had fun with her combos, her english VA is pretty interesting, her theme is cool, and, as her strat section says, her D moves hit with a satisfying impact.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Urban Scholar said:
This stuck out the most from your post. The wait shouldn't be long for her to show up on PSN.

Just to note, you do the parry by pushing back, Forward. She'll put up her arm, and if anything hits that, Parry. I believe she says "Cross counter!" when you press D after the Parry, but it's a good punch-through with wind around the punch arm...

She's got so many Vanessa-like normals too...

LowParry

SAB CA said:
Just to note, you do the parry by pushing back, Forward. She'll put up her arm, and if anything hits that, Parry. I believe she says "Cross counter!" when you press D after the Parry, but it's a good punch-through with wind around the punch arm...

She's got so many Vanessa-like normals too...

I'm sold.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
One last thing I forgot to mention: it comes with her unlimited form as well, already unlocked. I didn't play this form, either... so I don't know what changes.

I just got 100% for Ragna's story in BB:CS and it was, like, totally super neato and junk.

:lol :lol :lol

That was a huuuuuge improvement over the previous story mode of CT.
SAB CA said:
One last thing I forgot to mention: it comes with her unlimited form as well, already unlocked. I didn't play this form, either... so I don't know what changes.
I just did the calculations in my head and the price of all three dlc character combined with color packs comes out to 36 dollars.

:(

Jesus, using Hazama is a pain, especially since I've been using Ragna since CT. Never really had a sub, so I decided to pick up Hazama because the potential I saw in the character while SephirothRK was using him the other day on BBGAF Chat. Totally different compared to Ragna or even Jin. Need to start rocking his drive moves as pokes and his 5C as his anti-air. So far, he's a very fun character to use and quite challenging as well(Nothing like Carl of course)

I'm in the middle of Noel's gag ending.

She REALLY is the ultimate weapon.:lol

Edit:
Also, I think Bang may be going insane
Unless Nirvana really can talk with people
.:lol

SolarPowered said:
I'm in the middle of Noel's gag ending.

She REALLY is the ultimate weapon.:lol

Edit:
Also, I think Bang may be going insane
Unless Nirvana really can talk with people
.:lol

Her skill takes out people faster than fighting them :lol

WickedLaharl said:
560 points for a playable character :lol :lol :lol

seriously the dlc for this game sucks ass

Compare that to 400 for a system voice. Or 320 for costumes in SF4. Really, it seems about the right price. Be glad you're getting it at all.

Infinite Justice said:
Her skill takes out people faster than fighting them :lol
I did not see that coming at all. I'm doing Jin's story next and I can't wait to see his gag ending(I heard it was fucked up).
FreedomFrisbee said:
Compare that to 400 for a system voice. Or 320 for costumes in SF4. Really, it seems about the right price. Be glad you're getting it at all.
Have you not checked the BlazBlue DLC? Those are the exact prices for the announcer voices and costumes in BlazBlue.

I don't really care to argue about it anyway... I just wanted to point that out.

I don't really see the problem with DLC characters. It beats buying a new revision with 4 new characters for $60 like I did back in the day with Super Street Fighter II.

I imagine that after the arcade version got cracked and leaked, Arc decided to create additional characters as an incentive to pick up the console release, but Mu was the only one in a finished state by the time they had to get the game certified.

And hey, I paid $40 for my copy. Small price to pay for Fighter of the Forever. I'll buy the DLC characters as both tip money to the developers and to keep the game fresh for my friends and I.

Kuugrr

SolarPowered said:
I did not see that coming at all. I'm doing Jin's story next and I can't wait to see his gag ending(I heard it was fucked up).

It's really the "Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!" that's fucked up.
Ragna rape?
But the joke ending is pretty great too.
Constant abuse of poor Noel even in gag reels and the top Jin Kisaragi X Ragna the Bloodedge Memories.
:lol

Novid

Banned
hmm im on the fence with latina makoto... i dont buy dlc on whim, but she was apart of the storyline for a majority of the charaters, her finisher is a OMG SO OBVIOUS homage to a certain consertive female who i main in SSF4 (and getting better at thanks to lost fragment) and boy, even hype dog wants me to get hype for her...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
CcrooK said:
Maybe. I mean the whole time I fighting against him, half of me was saying "fuck this game" while the other half is like "I'm just a noob. Need to play more". Talk about self conflicting thoughts on the game.

Proto got in character too much, every time he use Tsubaki, I bet he also scream stuff like "FOR THE GREAT JUSTICE!!!", felt hawt for Jin, and totally crash any opponent regardless of their play level.
-----

DAM Europe and their collector edition! I want to buy it, but I already have a copy of the game =/

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'll say this about the DLC chars.

I don't think it's wrong. What you're getting, in the old days would have been another disk title- so I do consider this the good DLC. However, the effect of the DLC- is that my negative first impression of the game, made me realize that if I stuck through with it, the game is going to keep costing me. I'd be better off selling it now and cutting my losses since the DLC is so expensive.

If there was no DLC/cheap DLC, or Makoto came like a month later- I would have given this more of a chance.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
ultim8p00 said:
Fuck. Ok so does Haida loop not work on Jin or something? I swear to god

There are different set up for different character, some of them you should begin with 3C, 22B, 22C, some with 3C, 22C, some with 3C, 22BC, it really depend on their size and stuff. Some of them you even need to use 6C, BC cancel, 6C, to pull some distant.

Kuugrr said:
Ragna rape?
Constant abuse of poor Noel even in gag reels and the top Jin Kisaragi X Ragna the Bloodedge Memories.
I'm in the "Kokonoe" ending right now.:lol

GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I love this game sooooo much!

ultim8p00

Banned
kiunchbb said:
There are different set up for different character, some of them you should begin with 3C, 22B, 22C, some with 3C, 22C, some with 3C, 22BC, it really depend on their size and stuff. Some of them you even need to use 6C, BC cancel, 6C, to pull some distant.

It seems to work sometimes with 22BC but not consistently. Doesn't even work with 22B 22C, and the CPU techs out of it.

Also I think I finally found a use for j4D. An interesting thing about it is that it retains whatever momentum you put into it. So if you stand at about 3/4 of the screen away from the opponent and air dash, then do j4D, it kind of crosses up like an air-tatsu and hits low. You can do ambigous version of this cross up if you do it earlier in the dash. The move is invincible when falling so it seems like a safe thing to do ocassionally.

Anyone wanna give this a try? I don't know if it really crosses up. It looks like it could be useful.

Novid said:
hmm im on the fence with latina makoto... i dont buy dlc on whim, but she was apart of the storyline for a majority of the charaters, her finisher is a OMG SO OBVIOUS homage to a certain consertive female who i main in SSF4 (and getting better at thanks to lost fragment) and boy, even hype dog wants me to get hype for her...
Her astral looks more like some Fist of the North Star shit.

WickedLaharl said:
heh it's that type of rationale that got us to the point of $15 map packs.
No it isn't, considering that unlike map packs, you don't need to purchase the DLC to continue to play the game with those that have.

Kuugrr said:
Ragna rape?
Dude, Jin's gag ending is the best. I seriously laughed out loud. Btw, love your Hype Dog avatar.

_dementia said:
No it isn't, considering that unlike map packs, you don't need to purchase the DLC to continue to play the game with those that have.

That and I imagine most of the maps in the map pack have very little new assets, if any at all.

Yeha, the story mode is generally hilarious. Even the Bad Endings are still pretty funny because of the Help Me, Professor Kokonoe sections.

P.S. I'm hoping I gel with Makoto quickly, because no one else is doing it for me, except for perhaps Tager.

And he's bottom tier. : (

P.P.S. After going through a large part of the Tutorial Section, Story Mode and looking forward to the Legion, Challenge, Arcade and Score Attack, I'd say the developers put much more effort in this game than there needed to be, especially given the fact that the game retails for $40.

I will gladly throw money for new, well developed characters and maybe even new colors. Ragna the Badguy and Jin Kiske beckon.

Although, I do wish Makoto wasn't so... fan service-y... Mu is bad enough already. She's not wearing anything already, she might actually be worse than Makoto.

krazen

hikarutilmitt said:
That and I imagine most of the maps in the map pack have very little new assets, if any at all.

Yeah, but just like map packs, these are assets that were finished before the game went to print...at least in Makoto's case.

Personally Im a SF4 player who never gave the first BB a real chance even though I own it. I want to give the new version a fresh chance, but like the above poster it's an investment...I just hope to pick it up cheaper down the line and just lurk this thread, lol.

Although, considering the rumored chars in the arcade version of SSF4, I think I am just going to have to get used to DLC chars as the future.

krazen said:
Yeah, but just like map packs, these are assets that were finished before the game went to print...at least in Makoto's case.

When I mean reused assets, I mean REALLY not new. Even if Makoto were complete before release (which I doubt she was, since the Japanese release was well over a month ago and it takes time to actually press and package discs for retail, plus they're just now getting her) she is still entirely new in animation, voices, music, etc. Each of the characters is unique, both the included ones and the DLC.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeha, the story mode is generally hilarious. Even the Bad Endings are still pretty funny because of the Help Me, Professor Kokonoe sections.

P.S. I'm hoping I gel with Makoto quickly, because no one else is doing it for me, except for perhaps Tager.

And he's bottom tier. : (
Play the character, not the tier list!

Tager ain't that bad. GMMA_Jan qualified his team for the US SBO slot using his Tager by eliminating 2nd place team consisting of Bang and Ragna, both top tier characters.

I'm not sure how the matchup chart shakes down, but I don't think he has as much trouble as he used to. Bottom tier in a game with compressed tiers isn't as bad as bottom tier in a stratified one, right?

Also we could always hold out for that balance patch

edit: I read the PPS. Yeah, I agree that Mak's outfit is pretty embarrassing. At least many of Mu's Alt colors have her wearing a slightly more modest bodysuit like Nu/Lambda. Unfortunately scantily clad females seems to come with the territory of fighting games, and developers aren't struggling for legitmacy just so we can play them without shame at our mature, elegant gatherings whilst we sip our chardonnay and converse leisurely.

Dresden

FlightOfHeaven said:
Although, I do wish Makoto wasn't so... fan service-y... Mu is bad enough already. She's not wearing anything already, she might actually be worse than Makoto.
Yeah, that crotch plate was just a little bit too over the top.

Volcynika

Anyone around that has the PS3 version to hop online and help me see how much more tinkering I need to do with my internet connection? PSN: Volcynika

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Well, I tried trading in BBCS to Gamestop. They only offered me $12. I said LOL. (I figured it would be worth $25)

Then I said I might as well keep it and slog through, see if I can get something out of it.

I will need an invite back to the chat. Just glad I didn't uninstall first.

xero273

arstal said:
Well, I tried trading in BBCS to Gamestop. They only offered me $12. I said LOL. (I figured it would be worth $25)

Then I said I might as well keep it and slog through, see if I can get something out of it.

I will need an invite back to the chat. Just glad I didn't uninstall first.

The game only came out last week. That's a quick drop in trade in price. If you really want to get rid of it, you could try the buy/sell/trade thread on gaf.

xero273 said:

The game only came out last week. That's a quick drop in trade in price. If you really want to get rid of it, you could try the buy/sell/trade thread on gaf.

yeah, trade-ins at GS are usually such terrible deals unless it's a brand new, full priced and hyped game they're requesting. Figure they'll sell the game used for $36 or so, so $12 is about right since they usually sell it for 3 times what they give you for trade.

_dementia said:
edit: I read the PPS. Yeah, I agree that Mak's outfit is pretty embarrassing. At least many of Mu's Alt colors have her wearing a slightly more modest bodysuit like Nu/Lambda. Unfortunately scantily clad females seems to come with the territory of fighting games, and developers aren't struggling for legitmacy just so we can play them without shame at our mature, elegant gatherings whilst we sip our chardonnay and converse leisurely.
It's all good. Just play Carl and no one will be the wiser. You can still sip on that chardonnay while you play as a character with a top hat and a marionette.:lol

Oh, and I feel bad for Noel. She gets shit on at every turn in the gag endings. Jin absolutely finished her in his gag ending.

fake edit:
I've gotten 100% story with ragna, jin, noel and tsubaki. Who else do I need to complete in order to get Mu?

Well, I got MAKOTO=NANAYA. Shes out on Xbox, along with the 1.01 patch (though oddly, ranked is still only 1.00).

Played a bunch of matches in player match. Her charge meter is like a golf swing meter, it bounces back and forth, but only once. If it gets to empty her punch goes away. All of her high damaging comboes require that you get the lvl 3 punch multiple times, which is a bit hard to do. All of her comboes besides the lvl 3 punch ones are light on damage, so I don't see her being too good in general play. Someone might master the timing, but even then other characters have distinct advantages.

For instance TAGER. A single 360 grab took away half of her life when I was at full health. That shit hurts. Most of her moves involve running up to his face and doing stuff, all of which Tager can stuff easily if you miss, so I imagine that match-up is fucked. If you whiff her shoryuken against him he gets a free 720 (you just land directly on the other side of him).

She does have insane mixup possibilities though. The ninja clone variants have tons of possibilities. I need to figure out if she has an air overhead.

Edit: Hell yes, member-age.

Top Bottom