• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Novid

Banned
SolarPowered said:
It's all good. Just play Carl and no one will be the wiser. You can still sip on that chardonnay while you play as a character with a top hat and a marionette.:lol

Oh, and I feel bad for Noel. She gets shit on at every turn in the gag endings. Jin absolutely finished her in his gag ending.

fake edit:
I've gotten 100% story with ragna, jin, noel and tsubaki. Who else do I need to complete in order to get Mu?

for all the shit noel went through - the supposed smart girls of the bunch made the worst decistions. Noel's
alive because she finally stood for something and isnt a doll

Volcynika

Hmm, odd. I'm on a wired connection to my PS3, and I'm showing as zero bars in the lobby, but when I play it's near flawless with one small bit of lag (playing QisTopTier, been watching him win every other match :lol)

Odd indeed!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FreedomFrisbee said:
I think they're automatically mid. They're definitely not all high (or else Haku's 214C would be near useless, as it hits high).
air attacks are high, unless your name is arakune then you have low air attacks

xero273

SolarPowered said:
fake edit:
I've gotten 100% story with ragna, jin, noel and tsubaki. Who else do I need to complete in order to get Mu?

I think it's hakumen, then hazama and the true ending should unlock after that. I think you are going to need to get every character's clear ending to get Mu

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
xero273 said:
I think it's hakumen, then hazama and the true ending should unlock after that. But I think you are going to need to get every character's clear ending to get Mu
you need rachel too and no just clear true end to get mu

LowParry

Hurry up and get Mak on the PSN. I'm eager to play.

Sidenote: I haven't seen a single Tao online yet. When I play her, people panic. As in early burst.

SolarPowered said:
It's all good. Just play Carl and no one will be the wiser. You can still sip on that chardonnay while you play as a character with a top hat and a marionette.:lol

Oh, and I feel bad for Noel. She gets shit on at every turn in the gag endings. Jin absolutely finished her in his gag ending.

fake edit:

Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel

Tsubaki, Hakumen, Hazama

That's all I can recall. You just need the True Ending, something I didn't know before setting out to get Mu.

I've almost 100% the story mode. I just need Litchi and Arakune.

I was fairly sure that Hakumen's jA can be blocked low. But who knows, maybe Im just not paying enough attention. Regardless, Makoto has mix up possibilities. You can jump over the opponent, you can run through the opponent, you can sweep them, you can punch them, you can dempsy roll them.

xero273 said:
I think you are going to need to get every character's clear ending to get Mu

Actually you need to just Clear the True End path but given that you have to clear specific characters to unlock it so you may end up doing most of the characters anyway.

suppsoedly these are the characters needed to get that path

Get a clear/true ending for Ragna, Noel, Jin, Rachel, Tsubaki, Hakumen, and Hazama stories to unlock the True Story mode.

Wow, so Makoto is really seven dollars? I figured Aksys would round that down to $5 for the US. Guess I'm waiting for a cheap DLC bundle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
rainking187 said:
Wow, so Makoto is really seven dollars? I figured Aksys would round that down to $5 for the US. Guess I'm waiting for a cheap DLC bundle.
If you don't plan on using any of the dlc characters just don't buy em :lol if I could of payed like 15 bucks or what ever to just use hazama and mu and ignore the rest of the cast I damn well would of :lol

vocab

Volcynika said:
SCEA updates PSN whenever the fuck they feel like it.

Boooooooo.

grace.gif

QisTopTier said:
If you don't plan on using any of the dlc characters just don't buy em :lol if I could of payed like 15 bucks or what ever to just use hazama and mu and ignore the rest of the cast I damn well would of :lol

I'd like to try them out at least, but at seven bucks...

Kuugrr

_dementia said:
Has Arc announced an OST yet?
I have an intense urge to bump Gluttony Fang in my whip, yo.

There's a thing out now called "BlazBlue Song Accord #1 with Continuum Shift" that has these songs on it:

1. Opening ~Continuum Shift~
2. REPPUU ~Gale~ (Vocal)
3. Condemnation Wings ~Cry Camellia~ (Vocal)
4. Oriental Flower ~Flower Blossoms~ (Vocal)
5. Queen of Rose ~Scarlet Onlooker~ (Vocal)
6. Gluttony Fang
7. Condemnation Wings
8. Nightmare Fiction
9. Memory of Tears
10. Endless Despair
11. Rubble Song
12. Stardust Memory ~Place of Promise~ (Vocal)

Don't think that's all the CS songs and it doesn't have Makoto, Valkenhayn, or Platinum's theme, but still. Also, the vocal version of Bang's theme is great. :lol

QisTopTier said:

This. I'm getting Makoto for sure, but I'm not sure if I'd use Valk or Platinum since we know nothing of their play styles yet.

Volcynika said:
Hmm, might use one of _dementia's BB avatars they made, but not sure which ones aren't taken....*looks*

Here are the unclaimed ones:

BPZtR.png
8duZY.png
WXVqC.png
XywsQ.png
3C54g.png
J11Zy.png
cjF3z.png
4uSGc.png
V6oAa.png

Kugurr had Hakumen, but reliquished him in favor of hypedog aka Leopardon Jr. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
2San said:
So what's learning curve on the game compared to SF4. With no prior experience with either GG or BB:CT

Insane. I'll say that flat out. Animu games are the MOST DIFFICULT genre of fighter to get into. Even VF/Tekken are easier.

Loli shooters are the only thing I can think of that is more difficult.

N4Us

I downloaded both Makoto and the System Update on the 360 and I can't seem to find Makoto anywhere. Is there some specific way I have to choose her or should I just try redownloading her?

Redownloaded, went back to title screen, still nothing. Uhhhhhhhhh

Sir_Crocodile said:
Anyone else order this?

http://www.zenunited.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-blazblue-continuum-shift-fans-edition

If so, did you get a confirmation email - just wondering as I have yet to get any confirmation save for the usual paypal receipt.
I just got a payment confirmation from paypal. And no confirmation from Zen United.

_dementia said:
Here are the unclaimed ones:

BPZtR.png
8duZY.png
WXVqC.png
XywsQ.png
3C54g.png
J11Zy.png
cjF3z.png
4uSGc.png
V6oAa.png

Kugurr had Hakumen, but reliquished him in favor of hypedog aka Leopardon Jr. :lol
Can i have the Noel one, pls?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
arstal said:
Insane. I'll say that flat out. Animu games are the MOST DIFFICULT genre of fighter to get into. Even VF/Tekken are easier.

Seriously? GG wasn't that hard to get into (of course, I'm not great at it) but the system(s) were easy to understand. BB complicated it?

TheSeks said:
Seriously? GG wasn't that hard to get into (of course, I'm not great at it) but the system(s) were easy to understand. BB complicated it?
BB is less complex than GG.

In fact, there is a sect of GG diehards who hate BB because they feel Arc dumbed down their favorite fighter.

Bought Makoto and spent some time in challenge mode with her. She is really fun, I might actually make her my main or sub after I play some more.

By the way, the 40 GS secret achievement that comes with her is for clearing 7 of her trials.

2San

arstal said:

Loli shooters are the only thing I can think of that is more difficult.
vocab said:
Very high.
Ah too bad, I'll w8 till I get a chance to get it on the cheap then. Don't feel like buying something full price I might never get into.

FHIZ

I have spent an absolute insane amount of time on the Fatal counter tutorial. I watch the example, and I've listened to the sound effects for the rhythm, but I still can't freaking get it!!

ofapehwiotanetwoeitjw!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TheSeks said:

It's the only fighter I have trouble doing basic stuff in. My execution is challenged in other games, but I can do the simple/BnB combos.

Trial #3 in BB for anyone but Hakumen is impossible for me.

2San said:
Ah too bad, I'll w8 till I get a chance to get it on the cheap then. Don't feel like buying something full price I might never get into.

If you like single-player in fighters, BB is still an excellent choice though.

fauxtrot

Banned
2San said:
So what's learning curve on the game compared to SF4. With no prior experience with either GG or BB:CT.

it's really not that bad. yes, there will be a lot to learn, but there are plenty of people around that are willing to help. the more you play, the more it will make sense... i can't see anyone being completely lost for very long with all of the learning tools available now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
arstal said:
It's the only fighter I have trouble doing basic stuff in. My execution is challenged in other games, but I can do the simple/BnB combos.

Trial #3 in BB for anyone but Hakumen is impossible for me.

That's execution though. That's not "learning" (well, it is, but that's more memorization) the game.

I haven't played BB (yet, I'm interested in it and may get it in the next week or two) but GG's systems weren't hard to learn. The execution part is the main problem (but that's a problem with ALL fighters in general)

_dementia said:
BB is less complex than GG.

What all did they take out of GG in the runup to BB? I haven't been following it.

2San

arstal said:
If you like single-player in fighters, BB is still an excellent choice though.
Not into those(I don't mind it, but I mainly play fighters to play against other players). ;)

ViktVaughn said:
it's really not that bad. yes, there will be a lot to learn, but there are plenty of people around that are willing to help. the more you play, the more it will make sense... i can't see anyone being completely lost for very long with all of the learning tools available now.
Yeah, but I'm already putting my commitment in learning SSF4 atm, will probably look back at BB:CS after I become good at SSF4.

Miragith

FHIZ said:
I have spent an absolute insane amount of time on the Fatal counter tutorial. I watch the example, and I've listened to the sound effects for the rhythm, but I still can't freaking get it!!

ofapehwiotanetwoeitjw!

I had the same problem. I just randomly managed to get it cleared though by consistently trying over and over for about 30 minutes. Good luck!

2San said:

Don't.

Getting INTO the game is easy, but mastering it is hard. In my opinion, it's very noob friendly in that a lot of things just naturally link into each other. Motions, in general, aren't complex.

Mastering it, however, is rather difficult.

Get it. The tutorial mode is excellent.

TheSeks said:
What all did they take out of GG in the runup to BB? I haven't been following it.

A lot. Mostly hidden subsystems that most players weren't aware of, like crazy details in the Overdrive meter, Burst meter, and the Guts system.

Seriously, it was bananas. Nevermind individual move properties and the like. I forgot it all.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
WTF, after I got the 1.01 update and Makoto on 360, the game still only lets you play 1.00 in ranked matches, meaning no extra character. I'm confused.

N4Us said:
I downloaded both Makoto and the System Update on the 360 and I can't seem to find Makoto anywhere. Is there some specific way I have to choose her or should I just try redownloading her?

Redownloaded, went back to title screen, still nothing. Uhhhhhhhhh

Reset your system.

Top Bottom