• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Shadow Red said:
Score Attack is ridiculous. I want to unlock unlimited Hakumen but fighting against Litchi is insane.
I just tried it for the first...7 times and I can't believe they had the gall to pull this shit off. The CPU are incredibly tough and they even throw unlimited characters at you when you are nearing the end. It's like they give you no choice. You almost assuredly have to buy the unlimited characters now.:lol

What in the hell were they thinking?
The Take Out Bandit said:
Nononononononononononononononononononononononononono! </Shia>

I just mean the numeric keypad sh*t instead of d, df, f for instance. ALWAYS use arcade button naming, not retarded console monkey poop.

Which brings us back to Shia Lebuof. :(
That is a matter of preference then.

WRONG!

I have to age check you here.

Numeric directional bullshit didn't start until around the time Tekken hit. Before then it was directional u/d/b/f or crappy ASCII art joysticks.
I've been seeing the numeric system for fighters since the early days of VFDC(When it was a news group)The "D" & "DF" notations was use in mainstream gaming mags(That's when I first saw it in the early 90's)And to me, that notation is easier to understand, but the numeric system is far more easier and faster to type out imo.

Nose Master

Why do people cry so much about number notation? You're fucking reading it on a computer, aren't you? Look at the numpad.

EDIT: To link Ragna's 6A after Carnage Scissors, do you have to delay it the max time? Does it help? I can not get this link down for the life of me.

El Sloth

Banned
Nose Master said:
Why do people cry so much about number notation? You're fucking reading it on a computer, aren't you? Look at the numpad.

Not that I really care one or the other, but...

<-Has no numpad

Nose Master said:

Hello, this is a post from the year 2010 where we can do fantastical things like access the Internet from futuristic devices called Smart Phones.

In your era, they are similar to the Tricorder from the Star Trek TV science fiction program.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ShinobiFist said:
Fix that shit Aksys! Fuck out of here with that bullshit*ShinobiFist hits training mode to learn this bs and troll online :)*

LOL good luck

WRONG!

I have to age check you here.

Numeric directional bullshit didn't start until around the time Tekken hit. Before then it was directional u/d/b/f or crappy ASCII art joysticks.

Yeah I heard the tekken games where never in the arcades like EVER. btw tekken used numbers for buttons not directions. GG is the series that use it the most. It's not even that hard to understand.

A lot of characters have directional based attacks as well another reason why it's nice to be used as it makes the combo chains look like a less clusterfuck of letters and separates the directions and buttons easy

stop being a whiney bitch and trying to stir shit up half the time you don't even know wtf you are talking about.

_dementia said:
Not only that, it's universal too. 236C means the same thing in English as it does in Japanese.
Even though I've come to understand some of the notations much better I'm still puzzled by a few things.

What does 236C mean? My guess is that it stands for quarter circle forward+C.

Edit:
I never noticed that the number system would also cross the language barrier. Pretty cool stuff there.

Giolon

SolarPowered said:
Even though I've come to understand some of the notations much better I'm still puzzled by a few things.

What does 236C mean? My guess is that it stands for quarter circle forward+C.

Edit:
I never noticed that the number system would also cross the language barrier. Pretty cool stuff there.

Look at a NUMPAD. The numbers correspond to joystick directions.

Giolon said:
Look at a NUMPAD. The numbers correspond to joystick directions.

I always read it upside down like this...

I must've confused people whenever I mentioned moves in the notation.:lol

fake edit:
In that case...236C would be like the hadouken motion+C.

QisTopTier said:
stop being a whiney bitch and trying to stir shit up half the time you don't even know wtf you are talking about.

that's like most of his posting style you want erased :lol

as for the notation i like it since its easier to write out, shows the direction flow much better, plus it means the same thing to any or every one.

Fugu

You know, I've gotten so used to the numerical notation that I didn't realize that it's all totally backwards when you're facing the other way. It's still easily the best system though, separates the joystick and the buttons easily.

EDIT: Here's a comparison.

5B[m] 2C[m] ItsuuA 6Kote Haku Hatsu IppatsuA RiichiA RiichiB 2D j.C Land 6C(2) 623D 6C(2) 3C Haku Hatsu Chuun

B Down C HCF D A QCF A QCF HCB A A B Down D Jump C Land Forward C(2) DP D Forward C(2) DF C QCF A QCF B QCF C

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Keep hating sonny. It's cute when you have to append vitriol to your posts. It only makes me stronger. :lol

I'm hopping on XBL now.

Nah, I just hate people that don't know wtf they are talking about and try to argue with their point even after being proved wrong about something. Let alone all you do is bitch and cry shit gets old fast for a lot of people. It's like I'm reading shit on gamefaqs every time you post.

Second Rate Haunts said:
Nah, I just hate people that don't know wtf they are talking about and try to argue with their point even after being proved wrong about something. Let alone all you do is bitch and cry shit gets old fast for a lot of people. It's like I'm reading shit on gamefaqs every time you post.

Problem solved.

DY_nasty said:
Starting a 360 lobby, come one come all

GT: DY nasTy IV

Ruler of scrubs

Wait, ruler of the scrubs? BULLSHIT! :D

Riou said:
Sure i'm up for some BB. Add r0b0ky and yeah i'm a scrub as well.

Nice Rachael man.

236D translates well from language to language without needing to really know the language. Quarter Circle Forward does not. At least thats what I always assumed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm about to set a record for most dropped combos in a single match. I can feel it...
DR2K said:
I'm obviously a total scrub, but how do I fight Tager? Dude is fucking broken.
Tager is free.

Who are you playing with though?

DY_nasty

DR2K said:
Tsubaki. She's got the whole Valkyrie Profile thing going on and I like her gimmick.
Not going to lie, its going to be rough on her because of her reach. Biggest thing is mixup well and never ever ever ever leave gaps in her pressure.

DY_nasty

To all the Tagers out there:

Lambda's 2C > your little spin around shiieeeeeet :lol

DR2K said:
I'm obviously a total scrub, but how do I fight Tager? Dude is fucking broken.

Tager is broken only if you are a bad player. This is because Tager can punish bad teching, blockstrings, etc, better than most of the cast. Tech wrong? Oops you just ate a command throw/combo w/magnetism. Too predictable with your blockstrings? Oops! 720C for 5k damage.

As you get better you'll see just how awful Tager is. The dude especially has it rough against the top 3.

Anyway as Tsubaki... you'll need to play like god since you have terrible range, and your only reversal is projectile based. You're overhead also has a sound cue, so Tager can just block low and only block high when he hears the cue.

My suggestion is to pick a character that isn't terrible. Tsubaki is just an awful character, mostly because of her gimmick, lack of mixup options, lack of a good reversal, lack of damage, lack of range, terrible pokes, and no ability to maintain pressure.

You could keep playing her and just hope she is fixed when the balance patch hits in a couple months.

Also are people seriously bitching about the numerical system? 236C certainly beats down, downright, right, C... If you dont have a numpad just google image one. Once you learn the notation it is so easy and convenient.

Obsessed said:
Tager is broken only if you are a bad player. This is because Tager can punish bad teching, blockstrings, etc, better than most of the cast. Tech wrong? Oops you just ate a command throw/combo w/magnetism. Too predictable with your blockstrings? Oops! 720C for 5k damage.

As you get better you'll see just how awful Tager is. The dude especially has it rough against the top 3.

Anyway as Tsubaki... you'll need to play like god since you have terrible range, and your only reversal is projectile based. You're overhead also has a sound cue, so Tager can just block low and only block high when he hears the cue.

My suggestion is to pick a character that isn't terrible. Tsubaki is just an awful character, mostly because of her gimmick, lack of mixup options, lack of a good reversal, lack of damage, lack of range, terrible pokes, and no ability to maintain pressure.

You could keep playing her and just hope she is fixed when the balance patch hits in a couple months.

Also are people seriously bitching about the numerical system? 236C certainly beats down, downright, right, C... If you dont have a numpad just google image one. Once you learn the notation it is so easy and convenient.

Man i know Tsubaki is bad but every time you post it just seems you hate her :lol

gundamkyoukai said:
Man i know Tsubaki is bad but every time you post it just seems you hate her :lol

I wanted to use her so badly, and then as I watched more and more videos my dreams were crushed. She really has nothing going for her at all. :(

Overhead with a sound cue just threw me over the edge.

Obsessed said:
I'd say that Tsubaki/Rachel/Tager players are probably in the best position for upgrades when the patch hits. The guys at the top can only stand to lose something while the guys at the bottom can only hope to gain.

I just hope they make some reasonable changes to other things besides the characters.

Riou

Problem solved.

Wait, ruler of the scrubs? BULLSHIT! :D

Nice Rachael man.

Not that nice. Still need to work on my corner trap game. But yeah some nice games. The round where i got arstal finished was pretty damn funny. I first thought that lamda one was just a hitting type like ragnas. Only right before it hit did i remember that it was a grab :lol

DY_nasty

Riou said:
Not that nice. Still need to work on my corner trap game. But yeah some nice games. The round where i got arstal finished was pretty damn funny. I first thought that lamda one was just a hitting type like ragnas. Only right before it hit did i remember that it was a grab :lol
Yeah, good matches man. You proved that maining Rachel is just crazy enough to work! :lol Your zoning game is solid too, you had me feeling like a bitch for most of the night. Damned frog is like a heat seeking missile.

I have got to stop trying to backdash everything with Lambda though. Every time I whiff a TK Crescent it ends in tragedy...

Haha these matches just make me want to pick up a second character that's faster. When people get in my face with Tager I just mash A. :(

Tried Litchi in training mode - fail!

Tried Jin in training mode - a little less fail.

Fugu

Haha these matches just make me want to pick up a second character that's faster. When people get in my face with Tager I just mash A. :(

Litchi isn't an alt. Litchi is a commitment to pain.

DY_nasty

Tscrubaki, from what my friends and I believe, is one of the easiest to pick up.

She sucks though. Just keep that in my mind.

Riou

TTOB, you need work on your combos after your spark bolt. You should get a BIG beefy combo after you hit with it. Saw you hit with it a couple of times and was expecting a combo after but there was nothing. I play with a friend who also uses tager and damn his spark bolt into atomic collider does some nasty damage.

Riou said:
TTOB, you need work on your combos after your spark bolt. You should get a BIG beefy combo after you hit with it. Saw you hit with it a couple of times and was expecting a combo after but there was nothing. I play with a friend who also uses tager and damn his spark bolt into atomic collider does some nasty damage.

Thanks.

I'll work on it.

I have difficulty with the input on that one. Usually I end up sucking them in and they whip past me due to momentum.

Definitely want to play more. This was more fun than stupid ranked matches, not that they're inherently bad; but just really inconsistent as I mentioned before the amount of time between ranked matches is crap compared to the room we had going.

Fugu

LegatoB said:
The pain you feel will be more than made up for by the exponential amounts more pain you shall inflict on your victims.
Oh yes very much so. But anyone who can take Litchi up as an alt and play well with her is my god.

Fugu said:
Oh yes very much so. But anyone who can take Litchi up as an alt and play well with her is my god.

I'm going based on my low tolerance for the character designs.

Litchi doesn't outright offend me like some of these other characters. Unfortunately she's too far beyond my skill level. Setting up stuff with the staff is just not in my wheelhouse.

I'll main Gold Tager, and my second will be Red Tager. :lol :lol :lol

Maybe I'll try Hazama, he's understated in terms of design.

DY_nasty

You guys missed my 100 hit combo on a Hakumen after you left!

It was blue, but I'll always cherish it regardless

(anyone dumb enough to jump into Lambda's 5C deserves whatever they get)

Riou

Yeah the matches were really fun, DY nasty has a nice lamda and that taokaka i fought against mixed me up really nicely.
Every time i see a ragna i just envy his damage output and his heat gain. A bunch of times i thought i had enough heat for a super only to notice that i was looking at ragna's heat bar =(

DY_nasty said:
You guys missed my 100 hit combo on a Hakumen after you left!

It was blue, but I'll always cherish it regardless

(anyone dumb enough to jump into Lambda's 5C deserves whatever they get)

Did you save the replay? GAH! I need to get to bed. :lol

DY_nasty

Ragna is the ultimate glass cannon. He'll open up the round with 27 hit combo to eat almost half of your health, but then when you finally hit him back you realize he's made of cotton candy and pudding.
Did you save the replay? GAH! I need to get to bed. :lol
Naw. I should've saved the replay of me shutting down your distortion with a normal though :lol that was crazy

Top Bottom