• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty said:
Ragna is the ultimate glass cannon. He'll open up the round with 27 hit combo to eat almost half of your health, but then when you finally hit him back you realize he's made of cotton candy and pudding.

I think it's just breaking the courage of the opponent.

I've run into some cocky players that get cowed a little too easily when you start hitting back and really throws them off their game.

Unfortunately, that did not happen at all tonight. :lol

Fugu

DY_nasty said:
Ragna is the ultimate glass cannon. He'll open up the round with 27 hit combo to eat almost half of your health, but then when you finally hit him back you realize he's made of cotton candy and pudding.
I think this is a consequence of the vast majority of Ragnas being insanely thick-headed and aggressive. They'll keep swinging, regardless of whether or not they'll hit you.

After running some tests on this Madcatz stick in Win7 I've determined it's time to replace these shitty stock parts. Hooked it up, checked if my inputs were registering and some of the button inputs miss a beat every other press. Which probably explain why I can't reliably input commands in Challenge mode. >:|

I'm up for more matches tomorrow. I just need to get to bed, ugh - work weeks blow. </adult>

To TTOB:
You have to take advantage of the C attacks they make some real nice distance between you and your opponent. I didn't see you performing any grabs at all either.

Don't be afraid to use those magnets when they offer so much flow disruption and damage potential.
Fugu said:
I think this is a consequence of the vast majority of Ragnas being insanely thick-headed and aggressive. They'll keep swinging, regardless of whether or not they'll hit you.
Yeah, but if they know what they're doing it almost feels like you're in a fight with a gatling gun.:lol
Papercuts said:
I always miss lobbies. :'(
It was a pretty fast paced one too. Most six player lobbies take forever before it's your turn, but this one had matches rotating quickly. Very fun indeed.

SolarPowered said:
To TTOB:
You have to take advantage of the C attacks they make some real nice distance between you and your opponent. I didn't see you performing any grabs at all either.

Don't be afraid to use those magnets when they offer so much flow disruption and damage potential.

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me replace my stick and buttons next week (ordering Seimitsu replacements this pay day) and hopefully my game will improve. I do not want to blame my tools, but missing button inputs may explain why with both Tager and Jin I'm stuck on Mission #4. I can't get three inputs in reliably. GRRR!

As is, I'm trying to input Tager's throw command and sometimes it comes out; but most of the time I end up eating a combo.

When I was playing CT on PS3 I was able to pull of a greater variety of moves; but I was using my faithful home built stick which has served me well for a decade now.

Kind of bummed as I looked and it would be a bigger hassle to build my own 360 stick (Chimp Board, plus Madcrapz pad back) from scratch, compared to just tweaking the Madcrapz stick.

Also apologies for any lobby delays I caused. After some matches I walked away to read GAF. :p

Fugu

The Take Out Bandit said:
After running some tests on this Madcatz stick in Win7 I've determined it's time to replace these shitty stock parts. Hooked it up, checked if my inputs were registering and some of the button inputs miss a beat every other press. Which probably explain why I can't reliably input commands in Challenge mode. >:|

I'm up for more matches tomorrow. I just need to get to bed, ugh - work weeks blow. </adult>
As a temporary solution, you can find which buttons aren't working and switch their places with buttons in positions that you don't use. If you're playing SFIV with the stick as well that only really leaves you with two extra buttons, but for BB you only need four so you can make a pretty large amount of swaps. I eventually replaced everything, but when my SE stick arrived two of my buttons were no good.

EDIT: What's the deal with PSR? I have 650 games played, a 75% win ratio, and I accept every fight, and my PSR is still only 176.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fugu said:
As a temporary solution, you can find which buttons aren't working and switch their places with buttons in positions that you don't use. If you're playing SFIV with the stick as well that only really leaves you with two extra buttons, but for BB you only need four so you can make a pretty large amount of swaps. I eventually replaced everything, but when my SE stick arrived two of my buttons were no good.

EDIT: What's the deal with PSR? I have 650 games played, a 75% win ratio, and I accept every fight, and my PSR is still only 176.

Yeah, what is PSR, anyway? It's never explained anywhere. I understand it's a ranking for each character you use, but I'd also like to know how it works. I've noticed that Player Matches actually effect your PSR as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
psr is your grade with the character pretty much that determines who you get put up against using that character. If you played 10000 matches with ragna, and you pick jin for the first time you wont play pros you will play people picking a character for the first time

Nose Master

Hazama is amazing in this.
"I mean, it's beautiful and all how the 'power of love' transcended species boundaries... but if you think about what that actually means... gross."

XBlivers are so lucky to have me to pound on.

honestly, while i enjoy playing, i'm not levelheaded enough to be any good.

once shit starts getting intense i lose my cool and resort to button mashing :lol

if you see my gamertag pop up you know you're in for a free win.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
psr is your grade with the character pretty much that determines who you get put up against using that character. If you played 10000 matches with ragna, and you pick jin for the first time you wont play pros you will play people picking a character for the first time
Well I get matched with about a thousand level 9s a day. THE SYSTEM IS FAILING.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
Well I get matched with about a thousand level 9s a day. THE SYSTEM IS FAILING.

Level doesnt matter psr does for example I get on a nice 5 game wining streak with mak

then I get tossed at level 50's and 45's aka all those damn japanese players XD

ArjanN

Just thought I'd post this in the Continuum Shift thread as well, just to let you know you can all go back to playing Calamity Trigger.

so I have someone to play against on PC.

website%20BlazBlue%20PC%20Screen.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
QisTopTier said:

Yeah, I figured they use it for matchmaking, but how do they determined PSR? It seems to vary wildly among players with similar number of games won.

Also, I don't think that PSR with each individual character determines your matchup in Ranked. How would the network know what character you're going to pick until AFTER you are already matched up? I'm pretty sure it uses your Top PSR because it doesn't have any clue who you're intending to use in the match, which means your virgin Jin will likely be raped by pros if your Ragna is pro level.

I learned this when I was trying out Makoto, and it dawned on me that I likely have one of the worst Makotos in the world. I'm still adjusting, but I won't give up on her!

ArjanN said:
Just thought I'd post this in the Continuum Shift thread as well, just to let you know you can all go back to playing Calamity Trigger.

website%20BlazBlue%20PC%20Screen.png

Kind of a bummer it kept getting delayed; but it is nice to see the game available on more platforms. Hopefully they also release CS for you guys. Cross play with 360 owners is a nice bonus.

Thanks again for the games last night guys. I had a ton of fun and learned a lot, despite all the lumps I took. Random ranked matches don't work for me because there isn't that rivalry. :)

ArjanN

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's coming out on PC?!?!?!?!? BOUGHT.

Edit: It's coming out everywhere but the US? THE FUCK?

I'm pretty sure it's also coming to the US.

Either way it's a PC game, so it's not like it's region-locked.

ArjanN said:
I'm pretty sure it's also coming to the US.

Either way it's a PC game, so it's not like it's region-locked.

I'd still have to find somewhere to import it from. I can't find it on any import sites I know of. And I can only find release dates for JP and EU.

Edit: Apparently it was announced for US also but I can't find a release date anywhere. You'd think there would be more info/finding it for preorder on a site with a release date 2 weeks from now...

ArjanN said:

I'm sure the rachel mains would be down for this

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Level doesnt matter psr does for example I get on a nice 5 game wining streak with mak

then I get tossed at level 50's and 45's aka all those damn japanese players XD
Okay, but the PSRs of the players I'm playing with are frequently sub-100. The majority of my opponents are well below my level AND PSR. I can understand being matched with people below my level -- I'm level 46 -- but I know there are people with high PSRs out there; I'm just never getting matched with them.

So today I realize that its impossible for me to play without sound. The only way I can time the jump cancel right for Hazama's 5C is by listening for the sound of the 2nd hit. My timing isn't perfect but its much better than it was before. Sometimes I think fighting game might be a bit too serious business for me.

Shadow Red said:
Has any of you guys seen the Aksys Core Mechanics vids? Part 2 has been out and check out that crazy block string on 4:27.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T13eaoRacnQ

Thanks.

I need to get out of my work clothes and toss dinner in, but I'll be hopping on XBL soon for anybody that wants to punch Tager in the face or juggle him like a huge retarded whiffle ball. :(

Also in this video, what does the Tager do at 1:29 to interrupt the combo juggle? I'm observing, but missing it. I don't believe it's a Barrier Burst since he still has the meter. At least it looks like he still has the barrier icon.

Thanks.

I need to get out of my work clothes and toss dinner in, but I'll be hopping on XBL soon for anybody that wants to punch Tager in the face or juggle him like a huge retarded whiffle ball. :(

Also in this video, what does the Tager do at 1:29 to interrupt the combo juggle? I'm observing, but missing it. I don't believe it's a Barrier Burst since he still has the meter. At least it looks like he still has the barrier icon.

He was able to tech because Lambda screwed up the combo...

So then, is there a way to escape a combo such as that assuming the other player doesn't screw it up and without Barrier Bursting?

No.

You notice the number that appears when you do a combo?

Red numbers means the opponent could not have teched at any time. Inescapable without burst.

Blue numbers means the opponent fucked up at some point and you could have teched. It also lists which move the opponent dropped it at/where the opponent could have teched out of it. If they fuck up multiple times in a "blue-beat" combo it will show multiple numbers. It has that crossed out circle (the one used on no smoking signs) and then the number.

You will notice that Lambda's combo was blue. Sadly the blurry video made it impossible to read at what point she screwed up. Though my guess is she screwed up multiple times and the Tager player was prepared for a another fuck up, saw it, and then teched.

ArjanN

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'd still have to find somewhere to import it from. I can't find it on any import sites I know of. And I can only find release dates for JP and EU.

Edit: Apparently it was announced for US also but I can't find a release date anywhere. You'd think there would be more info/finding it for preorder on a site with a release date 2 weeks from now...

Well, it might be available on Steam or another download service.

For the lack of info: I think it's just that they have about 5$ worth of marketing/publishing budget and there have been a couple of delays. The smart thing would be for them to put it on steam worldwide for a modest price.

Obsessed said:
No.

You notice the number that appears when you do a combo?

Red numbers means the opponent could not have teched at any time. Inescapable without burst.

Blue numbers means the opponent fucked up at some point and you could have teched. It also lists which move the opponent dropped it at/where the opponent could have teched out of it. If they fuck up multiple times in a "blue-beat" combo it will show multiple numbers. It has that crossed out circle (the one used on no smoking signs) and then the number.

You will notice that Lambda's combo was blue. Sadly the blurry video made it impossible to read at what point she screwed up. Though my guess is she screwed up multiple times and the Tager player was prepared for a another fuck up, saw it, and then teched.

Okay, then how does one tech out of a combo when the opportunity arises?

The reason I ask is it doesn't look like Tager did the press a button and/or direction recover. Is this the block, push forward A+B defensive move?

Sorry, I'm better picking this stuff up playing than watching videos or reading DL. Which I did a lot of today at work since we had an open door day for our offices. >:|

The reason I ask is it doesn't look like Tager did the press a button and/or direction recover. Is this the block, push forward A+B defensive move?

Sorry, I'm better picking this stuff up playing than watching videos or reading DL. Which I did a lot of today at work since we had an open door day for our offices. >:|

Teching is pressing A, B, or C along with a directional input. Lack of a directional input will give you a neutral tech.

You can do it after hit recovery from a move. Combos work by hitting the opponent before they recover from hitstun. If they screw up you can tech, but if you dont and they hit you again the combo meter turns blue.

Obsessed said:
Teching is pressing A, B, or C along with a directional input.

You can do it after hit recovery from a move. Combos work by hitting the opponent before they recover from hitstun. If they screw up you can tech, but if you dont and they hit you again the combo meter turns blue.

So then there's nothing I can do, outside of attempt to tech out and pray (since I'm not that skilled yet) or just Barrier Burst?

So then there's nothing I can do, outside of attempt to tech out and pray (since I'm not that skilled yet) or just Barrier Burst?

Yeah. Pretty much. Just tech whenever you think they might have dropped it. You'll figure it out with match experience.

since your using him i think this video is very interesting as it shows some combos, plus its MikeZ who is a great Tager player IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1oLjlqWE0E&feature=related

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well, against Lambda things always look a lot worse than they really are. A 20 hit combo with her is really only like 3 hits from anyone else most of the time... Just take it and learn to block.

Obsessed said:
Yeah. Pretty much. Just tech whenever you think they might have dropped it. You'll figure it out with match experience.

Thanks.

Infinite Justice said:
since your using him i think this video is very interesting as it shows some combos, plus its MikeZ who is a great Tager player IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1oLjlqWE0E&feature=related

Thanks, I was trying to find something I could learn from. I learned my Tager tick from playing another Tager.

DY_nasty said:
Well, against Lambda things always look a lot worse than they really are. A 20 hit combo with her is really only like 3 hits from anyone else most of the time... Just take it and learn to block.

Yeah, it's just that I'm not a juggle fighter player. So when I start getting juggled I panic, a lot. :lol

Which is why I tend to stick to less fantastic fighters, assuming the parent company doesn't subcontract the work out and fuck up the graphics in the process. ;)

How was my connection for you guys last night?

I kept getting denial for joining rooms due to the US broadband monopolies. My ONLY choice is AT&T. Yay!

Anyhow, done for the night. The lethal combination of FUCKING HOT AND HUMID + broke dick air conditioner + shitty madcatz stick + losing = INCREASED BLOOD PRESSURE AND FUCKING SWEATING LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER = HANDS SLIPPING OFF STICK AS WELL! >:|

Ugh. . .

Gonna have to remove the AC from the window tomorrow and just open the fucking windows. At least maybe, POSSIBLY, I'll catch a breeze. Shit I hate the ghetto of Cleveland.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Do anyone beside me, Q, and Proto play in PSN? Every time I go into chat room, they are the only one ever inside.

GGs btw, I need to plan a trip to AI someday, really want to try play this game without lag.

How was my connection for you guys last night?

I kept getting denial for joining rooms due to the US broadband monopolies. My ONLY choice is AT&T. Yay!

Anyhow, done for the night. The lethal combination of FUCKING HOT AND HUMID + broke dick air conditioner + shitty madcatz stick + losing = INCREASED BLOOD PRESSURE AND FUCKING SWEATING LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER = HANDS SLIPPING OFF STICK AS WELL! >:|

Ugh. . .

Gonna have to remove the AC from the window tomorrow and just open the fucking windows. At least maybe, POSSIBLY, I'll catch a breeze. Shit I hate the ghetto of Cleveland.
I saw your thread in the OT. The heat must be killing you.:lol

I would've played, but I just got out of the shower. :(

Korigama

kiunchbb said:
Do anyone beside me, Q, and Proto play in PSN? Every time I go into chat room, they are the only one ever inside.

I do, but I've never used PSN chat for this or anything else before. I've been signing in more often than usual, but I've only bothered with network play once so far (in ranked).

Volcynika

kiunchbb said:

GGs btw, I need to plan a trip to AI someday, really want to try play this game without lag.

I play, but lately just been busy/trying out some other games. I'll be back this weekend though!

SolarPowered said:
I saw your thread in the OT. The heat must be killing you.:lol

I would've played, but I just got out of the shower. :(

No worries.

It's a really bad day. Plus missing moves I know I can pull off thanks to low quality parts is increasing the blood pressure + internal heat + 90 degree, 75% humidity house = HELL! D:

Hopefully next Monday or Tuesday my stick will be 100% and any shenanigans will be my own incompetence, not garbage third party peripherals.

kiunchbb said:

I've been involved with the SSF4 ranbat, so BBCS hasn't left it's case in nearly a week. I'll be switching off though a bit because I swear playing BB makes my execution in SSF4 better.

Mjunter

I'm still trying to get a grasp of how to play the game before I try any online matches. Just trying to complete combos in training is hard enough, let alone applying them in a real match.

ultim8p00

Banned
Any GAFers playing on XBL? I'll be getting on in like 10 mins

GT: D3vinchi

hikarutilmitt said:
I've been involved with the SSF4 ranbat, so BBCS hasn't left it's case in nearly a week. I'll be switching off though a bit because I swear playing BB makes my execution in SSF4 better.

Thought I was the only one!

Top Bottom