• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Novid said:
Of course, i could move the robot like that.

Problem is outside of steel lady - he is worse than rachel (and I cant belive somebody chose carl over rachel in the tourny - moe hatin is just bullshit when you can use frogs, bats, cats and whole sorts of tricks - but carl only have 2 robots and one can be shut down once hit a couple of times...err take the moe.):lol

Carl has the best/second best resets in the game he can sandwich you mid screen and drain the FUCK out of your life faster than you can say SIS

Rachel is bad cause her damage sucks, if it was actually mid level dmg she would prob be high tier, but even with all her tricks and annoyances if you can't do dmg you cant win. With that said it's still and arc sys game she's not always going to lose

ArjanN

UPDATE:

Calamity Trigger on PC been moved up from 26th of august to the 20th:

website%20BlazBlue%20PC%20Screen.png

Just beat the story mode. Man what a convulted storyline...but I loved it all the same.
Doug Erholtz was fucking fantastic as Hazama. Dude trolled like a boss.

Coeliacus

QisTopTier said:
Carl has the best/second best resets in the game he can sandwich you mid screen and drain the FUCK out of your life faster than you can say SIS
Word.
You don't know frustration until you're stuck between Carl and his doll looking for gaps (i.e... there are none big enough to jab out lol). He is legitimately good in this game, but he's too difficult to play for anyone who doesn't play at tournament level.

I got the game finally yesterday (yay for no access to my mail for a week). Some of my impressions off the top of my head.

Tutorial:
-lol Rachel. 'Walk forward towards that sweaty man there' etc. :lol
-The basics were really good, especially intros to throws and teching. I realised I've never used the quick getup at all.
-Advanced tutorials were a bit rubbish though. I barely remember what it even covered. The problem is it gave too much information without letting the player try something out for themselves to help break it up.
-Character tutorials are poor for the exact same reason. They should've combined these with say the first three challenges, with the third challenges being a lot more basic.

Challenges:
I wouldn't mind them being the full on B&Bs that they are if the tutorials gave you some basic stuff to do off things like after landing A or B, landing an anti air and combo off throws. As it is now, you hit challenge 3 and you're thrown right in the deep end. :lol
Fantastic if you want to learn a specific character, but not so good if you're the type of person who wants to do all of the challenges just for the sake of game completion.

Story mode:
Much better than last game, but at times I feel like some of the stories just drag on. comedy routes are the best. Aside from that, out of the half a dozen I've done so far, I really liked Lambdas. Jin not being able to use anything to do with his sword in a couple of fights is the only thing that has given me grief so far. :lol
Hazama showing up everywhere has been great, and Jubei sure shows up a lot too. Hope they eventually include him whatever game follows.

Story geekout:
The three ghosts Rachel are talking to at the beginning, did anybody else connect these three with the scientists that are experimenting on Lambda in her intro? The voice of 'person B' is really distinct, but I could be wrong.

Fugu

Novid said:
Of course, i could move the robot like that.

Problem is outside of steel lady - he is worse than rachel (and I cant belive somebody chose carl over rachel in the tourny - moe hatin is just bullshit when you can use frogs, bats, cats and whole sorts of tricks - but carl only have 2 robots and one can be shut down once hit a couple of times...err take the moe.):lol
What does this post even mean?

My buddy would probably be able to beat me if I only used one hand; does that make me not tournament viable?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
akachan ningen said:
So I've been thinking about putting together bi-weekly or monthly tournaments for PSN players.

Not long ridiculous ones like we had before, but instead a tournament that we do all in one night. I'd imagine we'd get around 8-12 people who are actually interested so we could finish them in a few hours with no problems.

The only question is what would be the best day for them? fri, sat, or sun? For me, it would be Sunday night. What do you guys think?

Weekdays will be better, most people are out during weekends...

7pm pst, if I can propose =p Weekend is fine for me most of time in the afternoon.

I'm playing with Japanese voice.

You're missing A LOT.

Coeliacus

kiunchbb said:
You're missing A LOT.
I could argue the exact same for the opposite case. Lets just call it preference and not drag the thread off topic.

Knux-Future said:
I imagine it's the same reasoning. They just reused some dudes
It's two guys and a girl, and they like adding in this subtle stuff to make people like me sit up and pay attention. The story implies that there is so much going on though, when really it's half the caste who seem to know everything and will throw away lines that make you go WTF, and instead of using the other characters as exposition (Ragna/Noel for example), they also just say WTF. :lol

kiunchbb said:
You're missing A LOT.

Personally I prefer the Japanese voices for everyone except Rachel, Bang, and Tager, and I HATE English Hazama whenever he tries to do Terumi. It is all personal preference so I really don't think you can state "You're missing A LOT" as if the English voices were objectively better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I picked up CS today. Is there a GAF chat and newbie only room so I can learn without getting my ass kicked unlike SSF4?

Also, is it just me or is the story flatout stupid? I didn't mind going through GG's story mode, but playing Ragna's first three scenes has just... "ugh"-ed me. It's not very "fight" and more a text adventure, which wouldn't be bad if the story itself wasn't... horrible/translation-trying-to-be-funny-but-really-isn't. :/

Maybe it's just me and I'm not into the typical anime "fanslation" or whatever. *shrug* However, I'm still having fun with the game besides that mode itself.

I really need to get out of "newbie mode" crutches and start learning a character. Aku looks kinda cool, but from playing newbie mode, seems hard to play as?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TheSeks said:
So I picked up CS today. Is there a GAF chat and newbie only room so I can learn without getting my ass kicked unlike SSF4?

Also, is it just me or is the story flatout stupid? I didn't mind going through GG's story mode, but playing Ragna's first three scenes has just... "ugh"-ed me. It's not very "fight" and more a text adventure, which wouldn't be bad if the story itself wasn't... horrible/translation-trying-to-be-funny-but-really-isn't. :/

Maybe it's just me and I'm not into the typical anime "fanslation" or whatever. *shrug* However, I'm still having fun with the game besides that mode itself.

I really need to get out of "newbie mode" crutches and start learning a character. Aku looks kinda cool, but from playing newbie mode, seems hard to play as?
Well, the story for BB always starts out a bit crazy and 'off' but comes together in the end pretty well.

Whatever you do, don't play using beginner mode, all it'll do is stunt your growth.

As for community, are you on PSN or XBL? Pretty sure Prototype has a lobby up for PSN. I'll get around to setting up something more permanent for XBL sooner or later.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DY_nasty said:
Well, the story for BB always starts out a bit crazy and 'off' but comes together in the end pretty well.

Whatever you do, don't play using beginner mode, all it'll do is stunt your growth.

As for community, are you on PSN or XBL? Pretty sure Prototype has a lobby up for PSN. I'll get around to setting up something more permanent for XBL sooner or later.

PSN, sorry.

I hope the story gets better. As the attempt at humor "haha, Ragna is a pedo..." isn't really hitting with me. :/

And yeah, I know I'm not supposed to. But I'm trying checking the characters out and getting a "feel" through what they do before I start to dive into the mechanics and stuff.

TheSeks said:
PSN, sorry.

I hope the story gets better. As the attempt at humor "haha, Ragna is a pedo..." isn't really hitting with me. :/

The story is overall pretty depressing. They throw in humor quite a bit to help alleviate that. If you aren't feeling the humor play Lambda's story mode once you unlock it. Even her joke ending is sad.

The story isn't really that bad.

TheSeks said:

I assume you mean Arakune? Yeah his learning curve is high. He is really really bad outside of curse mode, but once you get the opponent cursed you get insane mixup/crossup abilities that can lead into 100% damage combos.

Go to Dustloop and look at the character sections to get a better idea at how the characters function. Beginner Mode won't help you find out how they play at high levels. Watch videos of really good players, read threads on dustloop, and fool around with the character a bit.

Nose Master

Ragna Challenge 7. I've watched the replay like 100x, and I can get it to the 214C, but they always recover near the ground before they even get to it, during the Belial Edge. Does hitting C (maybe I'm mashing the sweep?) cancel his Belial Edge? The only other idea I have is that the direction of the second jump cancel has to be 9?

Also I finally decided to pick up Carl. I think I need to work on my stick execution first though. I just cannot do anything with him right now.

I just gotta continue though. I've wanted to main him ever since CT. Favorite character storywise by far (considering his story is somewhat similar to FMA this is hardly surprising).

DY_nasty

I'm fucking horrible against Jin and practicing against the comp isn't helping me at all...

DY_nasty said:
I'm fucking horrible against Jin and practicing against the comp isn't helping me at all...

IIRC you use Tsubaki...

Apparently her 2C beats out every air option he has except his EX Ice Swords (where he shoots three out).

Yeah you pretty much can't charge up at all unless you get a knockdown.

Also your DP is pretty damn good against Jin. Maybe just let him come to you. His mixup isn't that great so just instant block if you can, counter with a DP, and then punish him?

Sorry for the mediocre advice. I don't really play Tsubaki or Jin that much.

What problems do you have specifically? I know more about Jin's individual moves than his matchup vs Tsubaki.

Coeliacus

Nose Master said:
Ragna Challenge 7. I've watched the replay like 100x, and I can get it to the 214C, but they always recover near the ground before they even get to it, during the Belial Edge. Does hitting C (maybe I'm mashing the sweep?) cancel his Belial Edge? The only other idea I have is that the direction of the second jump cancel has to be 9?
If your opponent immediately techs when hitting the ground after belial it means you're getting the height of the move wrong. What is the challenge 7 combo? (I can see youtube at work ><)

Nose Master

Zanken said:
If your opponent immediately techs when hitting the ground after belial it means you're getting the height of the move wrong. What is the challenge 7 combo? (I can see youtube at work ><)

It's before he even hits the ground, but, it's, inferno divider->wall bounce, 5b, 6a, sjc, c, d, jc, c, belial, sweep

Ps if any scrubbish players want some free wins: Licorice King on XBL.

DY_nasty

Obsessed said:
IIRC you use Tsubaki...

Apparently her 2C beats out every air option he has except his EX Ice Swords (where he shoots three out).

Yeah you pretty much can't charge up at all unless you get a knockdown.

Also your DP is pretty damn good against Jin. Maybe just let him come to you. His mixup isn't that great so just instant block if you can, counter with a DP, and then punish him?

Sorry for the mediocre advice. I don't really play Tsubaki or Jin that much.

What problems do you have specifically? I know more about Jin's individual moves than his matchup vs Tsubaki.
I switched to Lambda because I just got fed up with Tscrubaki. My Lambda >>>>>>>>>>>>> my tsubaki.

I can't zone him at all. Its like his power level is over 9000 or something.

Edit: Damn, sorry I missed you man. I'll be on xbl again tomorrow night though. My lobby got filled with too many friends tonight.

Note: If you're getting whooped on, STAY FOR THE ENTIRE ASS BEATING - you'll learn something about yourself.

fernoca

Got this, liked Calamity so decided to get Continuum.
My experience with Calamity was quite limited so I'm a total noob; but overall like it. Great visuals too; though the story had to much dialogue. :lol

Trying to focus on Hazama; for now.

DY_nasty

fernoca said:
Got this, liked Calamity so decided to get Continuum.
My experience with Calamity was quite limited so I'm a total noob; but overall like it. Great visuals too; though the story had to much dialogue. :lol

Trying to focus on Hazama; for now.
Don't be like me and spend the first week training exclusively against the comp. No substitute for human opponents.

Novid

Banned
Obsessed said:
Saying that Carl is bad without the robot is kind of stupid since the whole point is to attack with him and the robot in tandem.

Also Carl is high tier. Rachel is low tier. That is why people choose Carl over Rachel. Getting hit isn't nearly as bad now that most combos do around 3-4k instead of 5-6k. Bursts are also less retarded, and the Guard Primer system helps. A good Carl is capable of forever keeping the opponent between him and Nirvana, and getting lots of nice resets for high damage.

Yeah Nirvana can be shut down when hit a few times. There is no reason for that to happen often since attacking her leaves you open for Carl to counter attack you, and her battery recharges quickly.

It almost sounds like you are seriously saying that Rachel is better than Carl. If that is the case then you have a poor understanding of this game.

Rachel has decent combos. Her Risk/reward is higher on the risk side. I know carl is amazing at the right hands. Trust me, i been in a few of those Ada sandwitches. Aint fun. I just use Rachel more (when i get the chance to) than Carl. (if im not maining raggy, Hakuman, lacky wacky(Noel) or Latina Makoto.) Im not dissing his tier.

Novid

Banned
wow. It seems the J-fighting devlopment intellgencia hates clothes on women. Makoto in super street fighter 4, moves non safe on any sort of reaction... Miss Yayoi? charge too slow, etc etc...

hey dudes, i love r-mika (shes coming sorry folks) and Latina Makoto as much as the next dude but um... cant you have ... some respect for actual females that fight with clothes that actually work in the battlefield?:lol

DY_nasty

Novid said:
wow. It seems the J-fighting devlopment intellgencia hates clothes on women. Makoto in super street fighter 4, moves non safe on any sort of reaction... Miss Yayoi? charge too slow, etc etc...

hey dudes, i love r-mika (shes coming sorry folks) and Latina Makoto as much as the next dude but um... cant you have ... some respect for actual females that fight with clothes that actually work in the battlefield?:lol
Maybe if Tsubaki wore less clothes, she'd hit harder like Mu and Makoto

Also, I SUCK at mirror matches between Lambdas. She bounces so damned weird...

Korigama

Novid said:

Kula, Elisabeth, and Mature fair quite well despite actually wearing clothes (the first two being completely covered up). But of course, that's KoF XIII, not SSFIV or BBCS.

Coeliacus

Nose Master said:
It's before he even hits the ground, but, it's, inferno divider->wall bounce, 5b, 6a, sjc, c, d, jc, c, belial, sweep
I see, yeah definitely not getting the height right. ID is hard to judge distance/height sometimes.

The easiest way to reliably combo off ID wallbounce is:
-SRK+C
-Immediately cancel to QCF+C (If you do this right the main part will only hit once instead of twice)
-Delay the wall bounce input.

This makes it much easier to get the correct height to do the dive. You know you are doing it right when they bounce off the ground without teching.

I really want somebody to pull Mori aside and say 'Hey man, we love your game, but the immature anime sexuality stuff you guys think is hilarious doesn't go so well here.'
It's funny, because I think Guilty Gear has a much more mature presentation of sexuality. If the rumour is true, it's probably because Daisuke is actually gay.

Nose Master

Zanken said:
I see, yeah definitely not getting the height right. ID is hard to judge distance/height sometimes.

The easiest way to reliably combo off ID wallbounce is:
-SRK+C
-Immediately cancel to QCF+C (If you do this right the main part will only hit once instead of twice)
-Delay the wall bounce input.

This makes it much easier to get the correct height to do the dive. You know you are doing it right when they bounce off the ground without teching.

I really want somebody to pull Mori aside and say 'Hey man, we love your game, but the immature anime sexuality stuff you guys think is hilarious doesn't go so well here.'
It's funny, because I think Guilty Gear has a much more mature presentation of sexuality. If the rumour is true, it's probably because Daisuke is actually gay.

So mashing 3C during the belial won't cancel it or anything, right? (For the sweep followup) :lol

That said, why would the height matter for the ID? I delay the wall bounce, but, that makes it so you can hit them with 5B when they're almost at the ground after the wall bounce. To change the height for the belial, I'd have to hit the 5b sooner or later, I assume.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Had a pretty good night online tonight. Think my Lambda is getting quite good. Might actually be able to start not selecting "Beginners Only" when I search for player matches soon. :lol

I really like using Makoto, but I don't really have a good arsenal with her, and some of her matchups are just sheer suicide. I think I'll just use her from time to time and concentrate on Taokaka as my sub. I seem to be improving with her quite a bit as well. Really need to learn her matchup with Jin though. Jin absolutely slaughters my Tao.

Also, I've ran into absolutely ZERO Tao users online. :lol Am I the only one who uses her?

Novid said:
Rachel has decent combos. Her Risk/reward is higher on the risk side. I know carl is amazing at the right hands. Trust me, i been in a few of those Ada sandwitches. Aint fun. I just use Rachel more (when i get the chance to) than Carl. (if im not maining raggy, Hakuman, lacky wacky(Noel) or Latina Makoto.) Im not dissing his tier.

Rachel has some nice combos, the problem is they don't do enough damage. If she had good damage she would be mid tier no question. If they gave her CT Pumpkin, J2C, and 6A she could even break high tier.

DY_nasty said:
I switched to Lambda because I just got fed up with Tscrubaki. My Lambda >>>>>>>>>>>>> my tsubaki.

I can't zone him at all. Its like his power level is over 9000 or something.

WOOHOO! You ditched Tsubaki!

Anyway have you tried reading these? Lambda vs Jin from the perspective of Jin players, and Lambda players. See what the Jin players have trouble with and use that to your advantage. Then see what weaknesses the Lambda players have found.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8448-CS-Jin-vs-Lambda

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9709-Lambda-vs.-Jin

Seraphis Cain said:
Also, I've ran into absolutely ZERO Tao users online. :lol Am I the only one who uses her?

Tao's main source of damage comes from her Taunt Loop. It is frustratingly difficult to pull off offline. Online must be borderline impossible with input lag.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8071-CS-Edition-Taokaka-Combo-and-BnB-Thread

Fugu

Seraphis Cain said:
Had a pretty good night online tonight. Think my Lambda is getting quite good. Might actually be able to start not selecting "Beginners Only" when I search for player matches soon. :lol

I really like using Makoto, but I don't really have a good arsenal with her, and some of her matchups are just sheer suicide. I think I'll just use her from time to time and concentrate on Taokaka as my sub. I seem to be improving with her quite a bit as well. Really need to learn her matchup with Jin though. Jin absolutely slaughters my Tao.

I couldn't find any and then I faced four different ones in a row. Her and Litchi are easily the least popular opponents online, which is good for me because I'm terrible at Litchi mirrors.

Hrm. I just faced two back to back Tagers who were level ~40 that had about a 90% win percentage; they both employed this same strategy which involved mashing 2D and 360B > Gadget Finger (and then into another 360, with a 720 if meter became available). They both got whipped because all I had to do was jump (and throw escape a purple throw if they did ever manage to land a 360); what surprises me the most is how they both managed to beat 90% of their foes and end up with a PSR higher than mine. It's kind of depressing, actually.

LegatoB

Fugu said:
I couldn't find any and then I faced four different ones in a row. Her and Litchi are easily the least popular opponents online, which is good for me because I'm terrible at Litchi mirrors.

Hrm. I just faced two back to back Tagers who were level ~40 that had about a 90% win percentage; they both employed this same strategy which involved mashing 2D and 360B > Gadget Finger (and then into another 360, with a 720 if meter became available). They both got whipped because all I had to do was jump (and throw escape a purple throw if they did ever manage to land a 360); what surprises me the most is how they both managed to beat 90% of their foes and end up with a PSR higher than mine. It's kind of depressing, actually.
Well, online, that "mixup" can be very effective; a little bit of lag can really fuck up your timing. The problem is they didn't switch to using Atomic Collider when you started jumping. Or 6C when you started backdashing. Etc.

Dexa said:
@7:12 - lol, what is going on there - 6a jc 236c? or what is that?

Lamda's corner loop which is her main source of damage in some of her matchups where pure zoning isn't enough.

You don't jump cancel and then do 236D. You need to TK it. So you essentially do 2367D and the jump animation is cancelled and you get that move instead of Spike Chaser. Timing is pretty strict, but the damage is great.

If you play Lambda, LEARN THIS LOOP IF POSSIBLE.

CORNER LOOP

The corner loop in general is probably Lambda most accessible and damaging combo.
It may require a corner, but luckily the developers gave almost every one of her tools the ability to place the opponent there (you know there's a good reason 236B/C sends the opponent flying 3/4 of a screen )

General tips about the corner loop:
If the opponent is too low to continue the loop, do 5B > 6A
If Lambda is too far away to continue the loop, do Dash > 6A
If the opponent is too low AND Lambda is too far away to continue the loop, do Dash > 5B > 6A

Since most of the corner loops are situational, the combos below will not always be accurate, so don't take them for granted, always keep an eye for the current situation or you will mess up the combo.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8188-CS-Lambda-11-Combo-List

Fugu

LegatoB said:
Well, online, that "mixup" can be very effective; a little bit of lag can really fuck up your timing. The problem is they didn't switch to using Atomic Collider when you started jumping. Or 6C when you started backdashing. Etc.
Collider wouldn't work; I wasn't magnetized and I wasn't jumping out of pressure (and I wouldn't jump into it because I'm not stupid). 6C wouldn't work because I don't backdash out of throws when 2D is coming. This isn't a game that can be built from; all he needed was those two moves and sledge and the game was limited entirely by its predictability.

Dexa said:
uh thanks - will do :D

i´m still transitioning from nu to lambda. still discovering the new stuff.

Dustloop is going to be a great help to you. It's the easiest place to discover new tricks/combos/setups etc...

Anyway... Does anyone here have an Arcade Stick? I am having input nightmares. Like if I do "show inputs" in Training Mode and do a diagonal jump the inputs show that I am doing a lot of unnecessary movement in something as simple as a jump.

I'm trying to make my execution better, but I don't seem to be showing much progress. Did anyone else have this problem when starting with an Arcade Stick? How long did it take you to improve?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fugu said:
Collider wouldn't work; I wasn't magnetized and I wasn't jumping out of pressure (and I wouldn't jump into it because I'm not stupid). 6C wouldn't work because I don't backdash out of throws when 2D is coming. This isn't a game that can be built from; all he needed was those two moves and sledge and the game was limited entirely by its predictability.

AC after gadget finger can work if you just do it because your think they'll throw, you do get magnetized from it. It's a three way mixup but most online tagers just throw anyway.

Top Bottom