• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well now that my knuckles are purple and near bleeding, I think it's time to stop trying to beat Arcade Mode for the day.

Funny, I got rid of SSFIV for this very reason, except it was Online Mode. This time around I love playing online, but fuck the CPU.

Now excuse me, I have to go ice my hand down. And perhaps invest in something softer to punch out of frustration.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Seraphis Cain said:
Well now that my knuckles are purple and near bleeding, I think it's time to stop trying to beat Arcade Mode for the day.

Funny, I got rid of SSFIV for this very reason, except it was Online Mode. This time around I love playing online, but fuck the CPU.

Now excuse me, I have to go ice my hand down. And perhaps invest in something softer to punch out of frustration.

I'm guessing you're talking about
Hanzuma
? Yeah, that dude is stopping me from beating Ragna's story mode. Pisses me off.

TheSeks

How the hell do you beat Hazama? Dude's stupid green circle poisons you and I can't use my drives/distortions with Ragna?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
This game is pretty fun! I'm already liking it more than CT because of Hazama - I played Jin in the original BB because I didn't care much for the game and was lazy, heh.

I've almost been exclusively playing versus + player lobbies with friends so far, though I went through Hazama's trials yesterday. The challenge combos in this game certainly are... special. >.>

TheSeks

Huh. Messing around with A-11 in newbie mode and learned the gun-arrow thing. Intrigued, I turned off newbie mode and found a surprisingly fun character.

Her drives seem to be pretty "meh" but catching the AI in a loop of 4CCCCCCCC... is hilarious. Doubt spamming that online would get me anywhere. But I think I found someone I want to learn. Need to play the others a bit before I make a confirmation of that though.

Edit: Also I performed her Astral Heat (222D) but the screen goes black, the other person is able to move, and nothing happens. WTF?

I guess I should go back to the tutorial and begrudgingly try to do the rapid cancel combo to continue to learn the systems. *sigh*

Papercuts said:
:lol

That must just be with the ones that get rid of the HUD...which I think only is that one and the new one bang has. It definitely stops for the 720 atleast.
Yeah, I got tagged by a combo into Bang's Kassatsu Dai Funka/Fatal Eruption once to lose a match with 2 seconds left. I was super salty afterward.

Good to know!

TheSeks

forgrim said:
do cheesy crap like his 214B move over. and over. and over.

Trying that. I get him around to 10% and then he unleashes the fucking fury (AND NOT CAPS LOCK FURY) with his Distortion Drive into a Distortion Finish.

WTF, that's unfair. Why does he get a distortion drive and I get diddly squat except Ragna going "NO! I CAN'T! I CAN'T DO IT!" on the D/Drive button? :| >:| :mad:

Coeliacus

TheSeks said:
Trying that. I get him around to 10% and then he unleashes the fucking fury (AND NOT CAPS LOCK FURY) with his Distortion Drive into a Distortion Finish.

WTF, that's unfair. Why does he get a distortion drive and I get diddly squat except Ragna going "NO! I CAN'T! I CAN'T DO IT!" on the D/Drive button? :| >:| :mad:
5b, 5c, hellsfang. As soon as you recover do C infernal divider into wall bounce. Computer always falls for uppercut at point blank range.

TheSeks

Zanken said:
5b, 5c, hellsfang. As soon as you recover do C infernal divider into wall bounce. Computer always falls for uppercut at point blank range.

Did it. Well, minus the infernal divider. But I got him. Thanks.

Now to complete the alt ending (not the gag ending) for Ragna to 100% his story mode.

This game is broken as fuck. I was playing arcade(because I thought that was how you unlock unlimited characters. how do you do it btw?). I figured I'd just play it on beginner. So I put it on easy and it was pretty hard so I put it on beginner. By the time I got to the end, it was hard as fuck. After like 10 tries, I beat hazama and it turns out it was on hell somehow. I know I didn't accidentally put it on Hell because I rechecked it many times after getting beaten up.

Volcynika

akachan ningen said:
This game is broken as fuck. I was playing arcade(because I thought that was how you unlock unlimited characters. how do you do it btw?). I figured I'd just play it on beginner. So I put it on easy and it was pretty hard so I put it on beginner. By the time I got to the end, it was hard as fuck. After like 10 tries, I beat hazama and it turns out it was on hell somehow. I know I didn't accidentally put it on Hell because I rechecked it many times after getting beaten up.

Beating score attack unlocks unlimited character for whoever you beat it with.

Volcynika

akachan ningen said:
Okay. I only tried it once. Can you change the # of rounds in score attack?

I read you could, but I didn't see any possible way to change it. I didn't try setting both VS and Arcade rounds to 1 though. It's kinda odd.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
akachan ningen said:
Err.... score attack is how you get unlimited chars, but even then its fixed to be hard as fuck. Nothing wrong with a challenge :p

Even then, its nowhere near SNK levels. :lol

xero273

Volcynika said:
I read you could, but I didn't see any possible way to change it. I didn't try setting both VS and Arcade rounds to 1 though. It's kinda odd.

can't change rounds. I tried both vs and arcade. none of them work. don't know why some guides say to change rounds and time.

TheSeks said:
Huh. Messing around with A-11 in newbie mode and learned the gun-arrow thing. Intrigued, I turned off newbie mode and found a surprisingly fun character.

Her drives seem to be pretty "meh" but catching the AI in a loop of 4CCCCCCCC... is hilarious. Doubt spamming that online would get me anywhere. But I think I found someone I want to learn. Need to play the others a bit before I make a confirmation of that though.

Considering that her drive is one of her main zoning tools, and she is a zoning character I think her drive is excellent, not "meh" as you describe it.

Lambda's a good character. Best zoning in the game. Just learn how to use her tools (including her drive) properly.

TheSeks

Obsessed said:
Considering that her drive is one of her main zoning tools, and she is a zoning character I think her drive is excellent, not "meh" as you describe it.

Lambda's a good character. Best zoning in the game. Just learn how to use her tools (including her drive) properly.

Eh... I just don't find the drive as useful as spamming 4CCCCCC, that and I'm kinda playing her as "rush to other player, beat the shit out of them."

Sounds like she's kinda like Cody from Super Street 4, but unlike Cody she actually has the ability to kick ass. :lol

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:
Eh... I just don't find the drive as useful as spamming 4CCCCCC, that and I'm kinda playing her as "rush to other player, beat the shit out of them."

Sounds like she's kinda like Cody from Super Street 4, but unlike Cody she actually has the ability to kick ass. :lol
An aggressive Lambda is a special kind of beast.

Room is up, I'll be checking here to see if anyone else wants in so I can kick and make room if needed.

Since there is no demo on PSN I emailed Aksys and told them they should put one up there. I've been interested in it, but I don't like to pay for rentals. I like to own the actual game...

FlightOfHeaven said:
A demo wouldn't really do the game justice, since each character is so different.

Why not rent with an option to buy?

Don't want to pay for renting when it cost so much and you have to return it in a few days. And no I don't want gamefly. Too bad a gaffer wouldn't be really trusting enough to send me their copy of the game for a few days, even if it's the old one I'm sure it's not much different right? Lol.

TheSeks

MidnightScott said:
Don't want to pay for renting when it cost so much and you have to return it in a few days. And no I don't want gamefly. Too bad a gaffer wouldn't be really trusting enough to send me their copy of the game for a few days, even if it's the old one I'm sure it's not much different right? Lol.

Can't you just play the Arca--

Yeah, I can't say that with a straight face.

You could play the PC version if you can find a cheap copy (given PC games are cheaper than dirt in comparison to consoles now) of the BB:CT PC port in a week or two.

DY_Nasty said:
An aggressive Lambda is a special kind of beast.

As opposed to Cody, who is sorely outclassed by every character in SF and getting close to anyone is a chore.

I fucking love Cody (find him to a badass and very different from other characters) but man playing him...

Lambada is pretty good. I need to really sit down and learn the moves and all that for SF4 and BB. I've got too many other games (singleplayer and shooters, mostly) stopping me from doing that. ARGH.

TheSeks said:
Can't you just play the Arca--

Yeah, I can't say that with a straight face.

You could play the PC version if you can find a cheap copy (given PC games are cheaper than dirt in comparison to consoles now) of the BB:CT PC port in a week or two.

As opposed to Cody, who is sorely outclassed by every character in SF and getting close to anyone is a chore.

I fucking love Cody (find him to a badass and very different from other characters) but man playing him...

Lambada is pretty good. I need to really sit down and learn the moves and all that for SF4 and BB. I've got too many other games (singleplayer and shooters, mostly) stopping me from doing that. ARGH.

My computer sucks, and there aren't arcades here. I'll just nag Aksys until they create a demo. :3

I bought Minicopter, they fucking owe me. XD

TheSeks

MidnightScott said:
I'll just nag Aksys until they create a demo. :3

You'd be better off nagging Arc System as they're the developers. Aksys is just the publisher in the US.

It's not going to happen, dude. All the characters (as opposed to most other fighters) play very differently.

I think the only way they could do a demo is a short Ragna/Jin (both similar in play style) battle with a not-too-graphically intense battle background to cut the file size to a decent download level.

But yeah, it's not going to happen.

Edit: And I extremely doubt the BB:CT PC port requires a strong PC. The game runs on Taito XX or whatever arcade boards, which are basically Win XP PC's. It shouldn't be that intense in requirements.

DY_nasty

Papercuts said:
I love how this noel player is mentally breaking down in the lobby. :lol
lol... he was actually good yesterday. We've all been there :lol

My lambda just hates me though. I don't think I've ever played this bad with her.

Edit: :lol :lol :lol he's so tight

DY_nasty

I'll start up another lobby in a few, I'm kinda tired of hearing this Noel player bitch. I'd kick him, but I know the guy and all that...

Anyways, I have no fucking clue what happened to my Lambda tonight. I've shamed my family and brought dishonor to my entire house.

GGs though. TTOB could learn a thing watching Papercuts. I need to get over my fear of doing actual damage... with Lambda. After running through scrubs all last week, I've just kind forgot how to do damage. Profound Sadness, etc.

"omfg Tager is so broken" :lol

Fantastic games, guys.

Haven't had high level play like that in a while on my 360. Awesome room, colorful language and super close matches make for a fun night. I've also learned a few things about Bang that I was not aware of.:lol

GGs
DY_nasty said:
Anyways, I have no fucking clue what happened to my Lambda tonight. I've shamed my family and brought dishonor to my entire house.
I mentioned that you were on the verge of discovering new methods and combos. There were moments when you were absolutely golden and I think you are at that point where you are just pissed that one little thing isn't clicking. I've been at that point and I came out of it much better. Give it time and I see some great things for you as a lambda player.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, by his logic Tager needs horribly nerfed in the upcoming balance patch. :lol

He was good though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
akachan ningen said:

The difficulty curve in arcade mode is broken in general, especially when it comes to Hazama. Everyone before him is an absolute breeze. Then he comes along and totally wrecks your shit. I can't see how anyone skilled enough to beat U. Hazama can get any enjoyment out of arcade mode at all, considering that I'm apparently nowhere near good enough to beat him, and even I breeze through the first nine fights. So skilled players must be able to get to him with their eyes closed.

Seriously, I know it's never going to happen, but I'd LOVE a patch for arcade mode that makes U. Hazama just a LITTLE bit easier.

DY_nasty

Hazama is the greatest troll of all time. Its just Aksys way of driving the point home.

Top Bottom