• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Dreavus said:
Man that was painful to watch. :(
Watching those two guys play really made Noel player's pain so obvious. She practically had one combo and HAD to rely on D button to get her out of tight spots. She needs to have some work done because as it stands she has very little variety.

:(

Coeliacus

Seraphis Cain said:
Seriously, I know it's never going to happen, but I'd LOVE a patch for arcade mode that makes U. Hazama just a LITTLE bit easier.
It won't happen. Arcade mode is just a copy/paste of well... arcade mode. It's designed to be easy enough to practise your character and combos and basically just passing a little bit of time until somebody sits down and challenges you. The hard boss at the end is just there to soak extra coins out of the completionists who are playing for the story bit.

I tried arcade mode on the hell difficulty (or whatever the highest difficulty was). I couldn't tell the difference between other difficulties up until Hazama, who then promptly would uppercut/super through everything I did.

After a couple of tries I realised that he never blocks uppercuts and so I spent the next 20 minutes or so practising uppercut combos on him. :lol

I heard that the fighting game used on this season of the WCG show would be Tekken. Maybe BB:CS will show up at the end.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
_dementia said:
Isn't it a projectile too?

Yeah. I was literally doing ASledge into 5A into ASledge and he wasn't doing anything since it rips through it. But after that I did gadget finger into 720 and I saw it start and still caught her.

Solune

Just got BBCS yesterday and going through trials today...I have trouble linking combos that involve dashing in the string...
Just an example Noel Mission 4 6B > 6C > 2C > 3C > DASH > B. I have problems getting the dash out or when I dash 6B comes out instead of neutral.
It doesn't seem like the dash can be buffered in these cases, does it require specific timing?
Any tips for Blazblue noob would be appreciated.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tscrubaki may have the worst DP of all time. That shit is worthless.
Solune said:
Just got BBCS yesterday and going through trials today...I have trouble linking combos that involve dashing in the string...
Just an example Noel Mission 4 6B > 6C > 2C > 3C > DASH > B. I have problems getting the dash out or when I dash 6B comes out instead of neutral.
It doesn't seem like the dash can be buffered in these cases, does it require specific timing?
Yeah the dash has its own bit of timing. Its not too bad at all, just takes it a bit of getting used to. My biggest problem was sj canceling, ugh...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Solune said:

Only suggestion I can make is do a bunch of 3C and do 66, trying to memorize when is the earliest time you can do 66. The perfect timing suppose to be your second 6 of the 66 dash will input right when 3C recover ended.

Dash cannot be buffer, funny dash is in every single of Noel's combo. You have to do it with very strict timing, it almost alway piss me off when I was online fighting Tager. Dash, 66C, whiff, got 720'ed.

About 6B coming out after dash instead of B, are you using stick? If you are, just learn to release your left hand, not touching the stick after you do your dash.

I wouldn't waste too much time learning that combo, there is never a chance to use dash B, or 3C -> dash in any combo.

P.S. You sure it is 3C -> Dash? Not 3C, 22BC or 22C, Dash?

Solune said:

The easiest way to counter that is to try to do 4B instead of just B.

gQSda.gif

Homage? I love it.

Solune

akachan ningen said:
The easiest way to counter that is to try to do 4B instead of just B.

Thanks didn't even think of this, very helpful

kiunchbb said:
Only suggestion I can make is do a bunch of 3C and do 66, trying to memorize when is the earliest time you can do 66. The perfect timing suppose to be your second 6 of the 66 dash will input right when 3C recover ended.

Dash cannot be buffer, funny dash is in every single of Noel's combo. You have to do it with very strict timing, it almost alway piss me off when I was online fighting Tager. Dash, 66C, whiff, got 720'ed.

About 6B coming out after dash instead of B, are you using stick? If you are, just learn to release your left hand, not touching the stick after you do your dash.

I wouldn't waste too much time learning that combo, there is never a chance to use dash B, or 3C -> dash in any combo.

P.S. You sure it is 3C -> Dash? Not 3C, 22BC or 22C, Dash?

Yah it was 22C Dash haha my bad. I'm not really trying to learn to do these combos online, just doing it for the sake of doing it and the satisfaction. I can't for the love of god do Ragna Mission 10. One day though.

On a side note theres a GAFBlazblue chatroom on PS3 right? Anyone have access ? =)

SmokeMaxX

New to the game, anyone have any general advice on Arakune? I guess I don't really know what his playstyle is. Is it heavily movement based (evading, getting in, being sneaky?). I know get them cursed blah blah blah and he has super low HP, but I don't really understand if I need to be super aggressive or zone or what... Also, does he have great "normals" that I should know?

Fugu

SmokeMaxX said:
New to the game, anyone have any general advice on Arakune? I guess I don't really know what his playstyle is. Is it heavily movement based (evading, getting in, being sneaky?). I know get them cursed blah blah blah and he has super low HP, but I don't really understand if I need to be super aggressive or zone or what... Also, does he have great "normals" that I should know?
Baiting your opponent into throws and FC setups (like landsharks) are good because they lead to full curses. Your entire curseless game revolves around getting them cursed; in most situations, Arakune is handicapped without curse. It's often best to simply wait for your opponent to screw up (Arakune is good at punishing easy jump-ins and stupid approaches).

Hyphen

The Take Out Bandit said:
Awesome!

I may finally have a second. :D

Sorry haven't been on guys. I need to draw some art for my stick mod before I replace the poopy Madcrapz parts. :\

Me too (Hazama just isn't going to work for me).
And it looks like Valkenhayn is definitely in his tux in that vid. That one screenshot that was shown before teased me into thinking that he would be in something else.

Yep, good games. I finally finished that behemoth of a thread on OT and now I need to ly dow as well.

Fake edit:
Sorry for my late acceptance of your request prototype. I haven't used my PS3 in a long time and I saw your request when I turned it on to by the Flower soundtrack. I may have to double dip on this game.:D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Finally, 2nd DLC character is almost here, hurry bring on the second loli, and then the balance patch, please.....

BTW, if you want PSN chat room invite, you can either add me(kiunch) or prototype or Qistoptier, we will send you an invite when your on.

LegatoB

Grifter said:
How do you set up training mode fight request?
Two ways, both of which start from the Network/XBL menu: either go into Ranked Match and choose the option to Secretly Train while waiting (the fourth one IIRC), or open up a Player Match room and hit the confirm button when prompted in an empty lobby. Remember that in Player Match you have to hit start to open the menu and then choose "Return to the Lobby" when prompted, though.

Grifter

LegatoB said:
Two ways, both of which start from the Network/XBL menu: either go into Ranked Match and choose the option to Secretly Train while waiting (the fourth one IIRC), or open up a Player Match room and hit the confirm button when prompted in an empty lobby. Remember that in Player Match you have to hit start to open the menu and then choose "Return to the Lobby" when prompted, though.
I was looking for a separate menu, ala SF4. Thanks a lot, really helpful description!

Anyone up for some XBL games? GT - grifter 181

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yay. Finally pulled off the B->C->214A->ABC->B->C->214A->214D combo in the tutorial. Made me feel good. I'm not sure if it was luck or what, however. I mean, I started to get into B->C->214A->ABC but the last B->C->214A->214D was the problem (well, that and Bang blocking my C->214A too quickly).

Not sure if I'll ever do those (rapid cancels offense) in an actual game unless it's the blocked verison (which was eaiser to do in the tutorial 623C->ABC).

Just glad to have that done with. Onto the next lesson.

Also tried Score Attack and Bang raped my (Ragna) shit. Holy fuck, how the hell are you supposed to beat that mode? Dude was all offensive and I'm like "DUDE, SLOW YOUR ROLL AND LET ME GET AN ATTACK ON YOU. :("

Edit: Insta-block and Insta-Barrier seem like the "Parry System" of Street Fighter 3? But instead of pressing TOWARD the opponent, you block as their attack hits. Not sure I'll ever be able to master this system, given I'm quite horrible at knowing when to block as a hit lands. :lol

Edit 2: Rachel wants me to perform a Hells hang 214A->(Dash) standing B-> standing C-> "Hell's Fang" 214A-> "Hell's Fang Finisher" 214D

What does she mean by (Dash)? Video playback in the tutorial doesn't show Ragna dashing and it looks like a normal B->C revolver action. However, me 214A->66B doesn't seem to work?

Top Bottom