• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

TheSeks said:
Also tried Score Attack and Bang raped my (Ragna) shit. Holy fuck, how the hell are you supposed to beat that mode? Dude was all offensive and I'm like "DUDE, SLOW YOUR ROLL AND LET ME GET AN ATTACK ON YOU. :("
If Bang is giving you trouble then I suggest that you stop looking at score attack at all. He is one of very easiest characters to beat in that mode. You'll want to kick your TV in from match 7 and onward.

:/

Novid

Banned
Shadow Red said:
For all the Tsubaki players out there, Aksys posted an official tutorial video for her.
http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/08/18/tsubaki-tutorial-video-part-1-2/

Lots of options but just like Makoto in street fighter 4 you need to keep it basic because too many moves can be punshed and so many are unsafe on block.

Parry if i am correct allows you to have some sort of frame advantage on your next attack so when the white flash is shown you attack (or if your good and have 50% heat punish with destorsion) Didnt that "i dont wanna be a sexy grown vampire" loli say something about it in that tutorial...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Take Out Bandit said:
Haha - now I'm curious.

Was it as amazing as Xel Viper's Tager? That dude is a BEAST! :O

I should stop playing Tager as it is an offense against his amazing.
You haven't played Papercuts yet? He's pretty good (and somehow immune to the Lambda/Tager match up whenever he plays me).
Grifter said:
I was looking for a separate menu, ala SF4. Thanks a lot, really helpful description!

Anyone up for some XBL games? GT - grifter 181
I'll probably start up a lobby later on.

GT = DY nasTy IV

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SolarPowered said:
If Bang is giving you trouble then I suggest that you stop looking at score attack at all. He is one of very easiest characters to beat in that mode. You'll want to kick your TV in from match 7 and onward.

:/

It's his speed. I'm like "Holy shit, where the hell did this AI from hell come from?" I mean Story Mode (minus Hanzuma) and Arcade mode (up to unlimited Hanzuma again) aren't bad. But man, Score Attack starts off with a "FUCK YOU" mode. :lol

Fugu

TheSeks said:
It's his speed. I'm like "Holy shit, where the hell did this AI from hell come from?" I mean Story Mode (minus Hanzuma) and Arcade mode (up to unlimited Hanzuma again) aren't bad. But man, Score Attack starts off with a "FUCK YOU" mode. :lol
Believe me when I say that if Bang is a problem, things are only going to get much, much more frustrating for you.

Coeliacus

Novid said:
Lots of options but just like Makoto in street fighter 4 you need to keep it basic because too many moves can be punshed and so many are unsafe on block.
This isn't a good analogy at all. Tsubaki is functionally a fine character, she just doesn't do enough damage and there are a couple of things that needs tweaking. SSF 4Makoto on the other hand is completely lacking in fundamentals.

Novid said:
Parry if i am correct allows you to have some sort of frame advantage on your next attack so when the white flash is shown you attack (or if your good and have 50% heat punish with destorsion) Didnt that "i dont wanna be a sexy grown vampire" loli say something about it in that tutorial...
Instant block gives you 3% meter and allows you to recover from block a few frames faster. The easiest example of this being useful is blocking Ragnas hells fang. If you normal block it then Ragna is safe, but if you instant block then the you can punish him.

Fugu

Zanken said:
This isn't a good analogy at all. Tsubaki is functionally a fine character, she just doesn't do enough damage and there are a couple of things that needs tweaking. SSF 4Makoto on the other hand is completely lacking in fundamentals.
"Functionally fine"? She is a rushdown character that has to give up her options to do anything close to comparable damage. She just doesn't add up.

danmaku

I still hope for a buff in the future balance patch. They just have to look at Tougeki's matches and take notes (all characters entered the finals save for Tsubaki and Rachel).

DY_nasty said:
You haven't played Papercuts yet? He's pretty good (and somehow immune to the Lambda/Tager match up whenever he plays me).

I don't think I've played him yet, but I'm always looking to learn from better players. :)

Still need to get my stick re-worked. Slooooooow Bandit is slooooooooooow.

Coeliacus

Fugu said:
"Functionally fine"? She is a rushdown character that has to give up her options to do anything close to comparable damage. She just doesn't add up.
It works for Order Sol, in a game where oki was much more reliable and preferable to letting the game go back to neutral. If she could do real damage off one stock she'd be fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, cheesing with Jin (ICE CARs AKA: 214C into whatever the fuck->CCCCCCCC) got me up to Hakumen in Score Attack. Had a few close calls, but up until him I was able to cheese the AI.

Ugh. I just want to beat this mode once and then I'm going to buy unlimited characters instead of doing this shit over and over for all the characters. :lol

DY_nasty

After BBCS, I had my fill with Score Attack. If you're into masochism, its a blast.

DY_nasty

Hawkian said:
The counter... seems awfully predictable.
The counter has some weird timing, but it can wreck shit in the right hands. Each counter has its own timing and high/low properties though and it can be a bit of a bitch to master for new players. Someone who can use it well can add a whole other dimension to Hakumen's play. The mindgames behind that thing... ugh, its almost as scary as Tager's 360. Still, its really hard to get a feel for.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks! Okay so I suppose a better question is, where do I begin as a new player trying to second Hakumen? :lol

Coeliacus

Hawkian said:
The counter... seems awfully predictable.
Do it when they're being predictable, particularly with block strings. While you're learning though it's a good idea to ease off of it, particularly against online cheese.

edit: The tutorial and combos are the obvious start. While you're getting some of the combos down check out the Hakumen section on dustloop.

The tutorial says it anyway, but it's nice to play keep away (or slowly push forward) with 4c (back C) and jump C until you build some meter for your moves. j2a (jump down A) is good to ward against projectiles sometimes if you don't overdo it.

I really like Haku's game style, I might give him a shot too.

DY_nasty

Hawkian said:
Thanks! Okay so I suppose a better question is, where do I begin as a new player trying to second Hakumen? :lol
Dustloop.com forums is an information gold mine when it comes to learning the ins and outs of a character. But from my own experience, spacing and patience is something that should really be emphasized while playing with Hakumen. You can do a lot of damage with him, but you really have to be smart with him as getting those opportunities to do that damage isn't easy.

akachan ningen said:
really? I've been maining hakumen since ct and I tried switching to hazama in cs but I didn't have that much fun with him.
Hazama is fun :p, also he's the only challenge 10 I finish:lol, still trying to finish story mode.

Coeliacus

Finished Ragna's challenges last night. Got nothing. Then shortly after I got a trophy for somebody spectating one of my matches online. Doh. :lol

DY_nasty

Might start a 360 lobby in a few.

Edit: its up, and another tager is melting my face. surprise

I've been playing nothing but tagers today. Why do people on fighting games have to be such bandwagoneers? It's like after EVO, when everyone was trying to play adon. ToT

DY_nasty

akachan ningen said:
I've been playing nothing but tagers today. Why do people on fighting games have to be such bandwagoneers? It's like after EVO, when everyone was trying to play adon. ToT
It really is sad that I play Tagers better with Tscrubaki rather than Lambda.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
akachan ningen said:

I was using him before it was cool. ;_;

The INSANE amounts of mirrors I have in ranked gets annoying though.

Coeliacus

I tried putting myself on ranked matches while in training mode last night. Had a hit from a Tager, didn't realise until I was in the game how bad his connection was. All he did was sweep 360 and silly stuff. The lag was like 3 full seconds. ><

I wish the connection requirement thing worked. Oh well.

Tager is not scary usually at all though (at least for Ragna), I would've thought there would be better characters to random damage out with.

Papercuts

A lot of people seem to like watching tager mirrors, but my god they are so annoying. Magnetism pulling everything, barely getting pulled into a counter hit, 720 winning on the second flash, etc. I beat a 720 with a 360A on my last fight, science is madness.

Does anyone know if DLC characters count for the 100 challenges? I have 97, with makoto, and I don't think I'll be able to make it to 100 without her 7. :lol

xero273

akachan ningen said:
Does anyone know if DLC characters count for the 100 challenges? I have 97, with makoto, and I don't think I'll be able to make it to 100 without her 7. :lol

from what I read, yes. It will work

Papercuts

akachan ningen said:

It counts towards 100 challenges, but it won't affect the actual percent so it can seem misleading. You need to be able to get 50% complete without any of the DLC challenges to get 2 pieces of art for the gallery achievement.

Papercuts said:
A lot of people seem to like watching tager mirrors, but my god they are so annoying. Magnetism pulling everything, barely getting pulled into a counter hit, 720 winning on the second flash, etc. I beat a 720 with a 360A on my last fight, science is madness.
Now you understand what it's like to be on the receiving end of dat science.:lol

Top Bottom