• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
:lol

That's awesome. You can also do a 720 with 1C as unlimited tager, so it's super easy to do dumb shit like gadget finger RC walk forward 720.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unlimited Score Attack Hakumen can go fuck a duck.

Asshole stonewalls me for three hours, so I figure "hey, second controller kicks first players ass, continues the round. I'll challenge P2 and switch to Tager Beginner mode to try to beat him."

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, ARC SYSTEM WORKS.

Go to back to Bang and rework your way up.

FFFFF.jpg

And double FFFFF.jpg to Hakumen. I can't imagine Hanzuma/Ragna/Lambada unlimited modes now.

i saw carl losing a huge chunk of his life to Tager's 720 and was wondering WTF.

then i remember recalling that carl's life is about 6500 in unlimited :(

But damn is nirvana brutal :lol

Infinite Justice said:
i saw carl losing a huge chunk of his life to Tager's 720 and was wondering WTF.

then i remember recalling that carl's life is about 6500 in unlimited :(

But damn is nirvana brutal :lol

Yeah unlimited carl is basically the Nirvana show.

There's not enough high level unlimited play vids out there. T_T

TheSeks

Fucking damn it. Even with Broken Mode Tager (AKA: Beginner Mode Tager), Hakumen is a bitch.

I've been sitting here ~1-2 hours trying to beat his ass, I can't seem to land any grabs on him (and even using the super grab/distortion drive is hard to land on him) because he goes all out attack and gives little opening to counter-attack.

Fucking bastard. :mad: Hate this mode.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TheSeks said:
Fucking damn it. Even with Broken Mode Tager (AKA: Beginner Mode Tager), Hakumen is a bitch.

I've been sitting here ~1-2 hours trying to beat his ass, I can't seem to land any grabs on him (and even using the super grab/distortion drive is hard to land on him) because he goes all out attack and gives little opening to counter-attack.

Fucking bastard. :mad: Hate this mode.
Leave it alone man :lol

What system are you on? You need to hop in lobby before the CPU trains you to be a shitty player.

TheSeks

PS3. But there is no lobbies or a chatroom at least prevalent in this thread unlike the Super Street Fighter 4 community on GAF. So yeah... I haven't really played online.

And the AI isn't generally shitty unless it's on Hell or this stupid Score Attack mode. I just want to complete it once and then forget it exists. :|

Edit: I give up for today. But I swear I'm going to beat this mode. Then fly to Japan and lay a turd in Arc System Works offices. Holy fuck, I-no wasn't this cheap in Guilty Gear. :/

Edit2: Oh god, someone kill me. *cries self to sleep*

DY_nasty

They gimped Lambda so much :lol

Even though it sucks now, I still can't break the habit of throwing 236D~C to zone instead of 214D.

xero273

TheSeks said:
PS3. But there is no lobbies or a chatroom at least prevalent in this thread unlike the Super Street Fighter 4 community on GAF. So yeah... I haven't really played online.

There is a chatroom, not sure when ppl are active in it though. I can shoot you an invite to the room when I get home tonight. psn is xero273, but if you have prototype or Q on your friends list they can also shoot you an invite.

xero273 said:
There is a chatroom, not sure when ppl are active in it though. I can shoot you an invite to the room when I get home tonight. psn is xero273, but if you have prototype or Q on your friends list they can also shoot you an invite.

Not me for a little bit. I'm in the process of moving and no internet for one more week or so =(

FAKE EDIT: VALKENHAYN GONNA BE SO AWESOME

Cowie

Finally gave in and picked this up last week, though I haven't had much chance to play it

... i think challenge mode is what I needed to really get into calamity trigger, it's doing wonders for my understanding of the game and its combos (i'm too hands-on oriented to watch youtube videos). I just hope that I'll ever consider myself "Graduated" from challenge mode and go get my ass kicked online because I have no idea how to actually use these combos I've worked so hard to learn

Cowie said:
Finally gave in and picked this up last week, though I haven't had much chance to play it

... i think challenge mode is what I needed to really get into calamity trigger, it's doing wonders for my understanding of the game and its combos (i'm too hands-on oriented to watch youtube videos). I just hope that I'll ever consider myself "Graduated" from challenge mode and go get my ass kicked online because I have no idea how to actually use these combos I've worked so hard to learn

Most of the combos in challenge mode are pretty unpractical. Or rather, they include extra steps that are unnecessary. But yeah, challenge mode won't help you win so much online.

kiryogi

Banned
Unlimited Carl is like some weird paradox. You'd think with unlimited it'd be like the cheapest things possible. But noooooo. He gets a health nerf. WTF. XD

You're nearly always better off playing against real people Cowie. Challenge mode does have it's uses though. I learned how to replace the advanced combos for shorter ones that I could handle. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to figure out the insane shit in challenge mode(Challenge five and above) without a stick. It also pays to play in lobbies because the variety of play styles and characters is moving at a much quicker pace than if you were playing by yourself.
akachan ningen said:
Most of the combos in challenge mode are pretty unpractical. Or rather, they include extra steps that are unnecessary. But yeah, challenge mode won't help you win so much online.
I second this. I find that my precision and timing only begins to deteriorate when I spend too much time playing with CPU or in Challenge mode.

kiryogi said:
Unlimited Carl is like some weird paradox. You'd think with unlimited it'd be like the cheapest things possible. But noooooo. He gets a health nerf. WTF. XD

They should have Nirvana's health at the top with a small "carl meter" at the bottom. :p

I finally picked this up. Man, some of the challenge mode is ridiculous. I haven't touched CT in months so I'm rusty as hell with my Ragna. The Gag ending is good for a few laughs :D

Papercuts

kiryogi said:

I didn't understand the health nerf until I saw those japanese unlimited fights above, he gets heat insanely fast and applies a pretty much non stop pressure.

Cowie

Man. playing online is just plain embarrassing :lol
I'm just so unfamiliar with the system, and jumping into the game way late. oh well.

TheSeks

xero273 said:

I'll shoot a request your way, but I won't be playing BB until like Friday.

Novid said:
OMG at Unlimited Hakumen.

AI? Don't remind me. ;___; I don't know how the hell Arc System Works expects you to stop his onslaught with throws if you can't get a FREAKING CHANCE TO THROW IN WITHOUT EATING 25-80% LOSS. FFFFFF.

xero273

TheSeks said:
I'll shoot a request your way, but I won't be playing BB until like Friday.

AI? Don't remind me. ;___; I don't know how the hell Arc System Works expects you to stop his onslaught with throws if you can't get a FREAKING CHANCE TO THROW IN WITHOUT EATING 25-80% LOSS. FFFFFF.

Just sent you an invite to the room. You should be good to go.

DY_nasty

Cowie said:
Man. playing online is just plain embarrassing :lol
I'm just so unfamiliar with the system, and jumping into the game way late. oh well.
I still get owned. I used to be a pretty good player with Nu believe it or not. But this Lambda bitch... she don't act right.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
I still get owned. I used to be a pretty good player with Nu believe it or not. But this Lambda bitch... she don't act right.

No that just means you still sucked with Nu and depended on retarded players falling for brain dead shit. =P Lamda she's the best freaking zoner in the game still. It just takes skill :D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Don't be mean to the Ex-Nu player guys.... as a CS Noel players, I can tell you that it take lifetime of mental training to play a game where you do nothing but smash D all day.

I guess creating lobby and click "No" on saving the match video post game is the most entertaining part of the game.

TheSeks

kiunchbb said:
I guess creating lobby and click "No" on saving the match video post game is the most entertaining part of the game.

Why bother with that? No one can see it unless they go to the leaderboards anyway.

That's a disappointment coming from SSF4. I enjoy watching other people fight. The replay channel in SF4, while not perfect, was great. BB doesn't have such a feature and it's screwed up in getting to watch other people play. :(

Papercuts

I think it's actually pretty good with the way they let the replays upload. You can usually filter by PSR and one of the top players per character will have something up. It won't be like the replay channel where you go into the new character one and see a replay of juri getting destroyed, but horrible playing on both sides.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
BBCS2 announced for AM Show and Valkenhayn pictures:

2132423752_full.jpg

2132423753_full.jpg

Valk is such a badass. Sub confirmed.

So Arcade Blazblue CS2.0 will be console CS + DLC.

I think it's cool they can roll out a legitimate arcade through DLC instead of being a whole new retail disc, but ideally I wish they'd offer both.

These Unlimited fights are amazing to look at. What the fuck at the Bang player, though. Yeah, he's top tier, but top tier means shit against the Unlimiteds. He just ruins the fun.

Infinite Justice said:
Valkenhayn continues to look cool and i wonder if he will have anything Slayer like

I've wanted to use him since CT. I kept on telling Q that if Valk gets to be playable, I'm switching right away.

SO NO ONE TOUCH HIM, he's mine.

Top Bottom