• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

crimzonflame said:
Tsubaki challenge #6? Any tips? Im having trouble with landing 214D and 2CC. Can this combo be done in the corner?

Is the 2nd part of 2CC not connecting? I haven't done the challenges, but I'm guessing you have to delay 2CC a bit longer so that the 2nd part connects.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm sure most of you have already noticed these while playing the game, but for those of you(like me) that haven't:

carl-shock.gif

taoelec.gif

:lol

And some I just thought were cool:

Tager runs on nuclear power :lol
tg082_01.png

hakumenshock.gif

_dementia said:
It's a 19 hit combo, perhaps he combo'd into it?
Either way 3K damage isn't super high for a naked DD, right?
It's better than Rachel or Tsubaki's specials for the most part.
xero273 said:
Wow, we'll see Platinum in late october at this rate. :(
El Sloth said:
I'm sure most of you have already noticed these while playing the game, but for those of you(like me) that haven't:
I've never seen any of these. Tao's electrocuted sprite just brings up even more questions.:lol

El Sloth

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I've never seen any of these. Tao's electrocuted sprite just brings up even more questions.:lol

I would've thought the little Nirvana in Carl's hat controlling him would bring up more.:lol

El Sloth said:
I would've thought the little Nirvana in Carl's hat controlling him would bring up more.:lol
The idea that Nirvana is the one pulling the strings has been implied several times throughout story mode so that doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm just wondering what kind of fish Tao has under there(metal claws lol).

I wouldn't want to fight Tager now either. One false move and you've got a nuclear explosion on your hands.:lol

El Sloth

Banned
Shadow Red said:
Someone please post that image! Little things like these electrocuted sprites are awesome!

Here you go:

bn082_01.png

And I, uh, also happened upon this when looking for the electrocuted sprite:

LOL-1.gif

:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
El Sloth said:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee165/kira47/LOL-1.gif

WTF. :lol

Also bought Makoto today. Not a bad character, but seems slight-charge/rushdown and I'm not too good at rushdowns.

Also how the hell are you supposed to do her

4-6(on parry)
D

combo move in her challenges? The video that plays for that move shows it as "on block" (ergo:parry) but there is no forward movement.

4(block)6D doesn't seem to make it count, despite the fact it's similar to the move (just isn't "FLASH! ATTACK!" like the video), confusing. :/

TheSeks

Not to self-bump but I'm in the PSN chatroom and NO ONE is there. *sigh*

PSN BB community is dead, it's sad. I've love to play BB with GAF, but it isn't as popular as Street Fighter 4. :(

Anyway, I'll be there for a few hours. I'll probably hop onto Blur's demo with a friend tonight but if anyone wants to play with a newbie on PSN let me know.

Better yet: There really should be a game night (like Saturday or Sunday) for BB/PSN GAF to get together to fight and have the chatroom actually be used. :lol

TheSeks said:
Not to self-bump but I'm in the PSN chatroom and NO ONE is there. *sigh*

PSN BB community is dead, it's sad. I've love to play BB with GAF, but it isn't as popular as Street Fighter 4. :(

Anyway, I'll be there for a few hours. I'll probably hop onto Blur's demo with a friend tonight but if anyone wants to play with a newbie on PSN let me know.

Better yet: There really should be a game night (like Saturday or Sunday) for BB/PSN GAF to get together to fight and have the chatroom actually be used. :lol
The XBL BB community has slowed to a crawl as well. The looming specter of fall semester and busy work schedules is going to make it rough to get matches going. This is all made even worse by the fact that the two communities are separated by consoles too.

Things will pick up a bit soon enough.

El Sloth

Banned
SolarPowered said:
The XBL BB community has slowed to a crawl as well. The looming specter of fall semester and busy work schedules is going to make it rough to get matches going. This is all made even worse by the fact that the two communities are separated by consoles too.

I'd love to play you guys, but unfortunately my Live Gold subscription is up and all my money is going to tuition and books at the moment. Well it's for the better anyways, I'm already distracted enough by GAF. I don't even want to think about how much work would not get done if I still had Live.

Coeliacus

TheSeks said:
WTF. :lol

Also bought Makoto today. Not a bad character, but seems slight-charge/rushdown and I'm not too good at rushdowns.

Also how the hell are you supposed to do her

4-6(on parry)
D

combo move in her challenges? The video that plays for that move shows it as "on block" (ergo:parry) but there is no forward movement.

4(block)6D doesn't seem to make it count, despite the fact it's similar to the move (just isn't "FLASH! ATTACK!" like the video), confusing. :/
It's not on block, you do 4-6 BEFORE it hits you, and once it connects you press D. I hated this part as well because I could not do it on reaction (I would get hit or just get instant block).

I wish I could play you guys, I rely on friends being online to play as well. Online timing messes with me a bit though so maybe it's for the best. Spend most of my time in training mode lately.

SolarPowered said:

Sorry!

I was out because I was waiting to get my stick up to snuff. I scrapped plans to do custom art as I'm Rocky pre-training montage when it comes to making marks on paper; so I just made a simple button label label and got the Seimitsu parts installed tonight.

Watching replays of superior Tager players whupping me and going into training mode to replicate their combos. I've only got one, but I still don't have it down lickety split.

It's good to be back.

El Sloth said:
I'd love to play you guys, but unfortunately my Live Gold subscription is up and all my money is going to tuition and books at the moment. Well it's for the better anyways, I'm already distracted enough by GAF. I don't even want to think about how much work would not get done if I still had Live.

Check techbargains.com daily. A few days ago they had XBL Gold cards from Dell.com for $29.99!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It is a drag, the community online is good and everything but on GAF in particular its much slower than it was with CT. College, Starcraft 2, etc :/

Once Reach drops I know for a fact that I'm really going to be distracted.

Wish there were more Lambda players to learn from though. All the ones that I see online are pretty bad and the ones that I try to learn from on Dustloop or through youtube vids play like bitches.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, we need to start having some gaf rooms again! Ranked is getting pretty tiring, and at level 40 I seem to gain no points at all anymore.

DY_nasty said:
Wish there were more Lambda players to learn from though. All the ones that I see online are pretty bad and the ones that I try to learn from on Dustloop or through youtube vids play like bitches.

Because you're playing a bitch character.

And I don't mean that as a slur against it's gender. :p

Seriously hate the loli spambot army!

I need to get to bed. Heavy eyelids and back is killing me. :(

DY_nasty

Papercuts said:
Yeah, we need to start having some gaf rooms again! Ranked is getting pretty tiring, and at level 40 I seem to gain no points at all anymore.
You know whats fucked up? That Tager-Cancer that you've given has spread all throughout my body and since the lobbies last week, I'm like 10-40 against all Tagers. :lol

I really, really need some help with my pressure strings with Lambda. I'm trying to work out j.214D~C>2DD stuff but I really can't get a rhythm to it all.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DY_nasty said:
You know whats fucked up? That Tager-Cancer that you've given has spread all throughout my body and since the lobbies last week, I'm like 10-40 against all Tagers. :lol

I really, really need some help with my pressure strings with Lambda. I'm trying to work out j.214D~C>2DD stuff but I really can't get a rhythm to it all.

I also learned a new trick for next time. >=3

lol tsubaki moment of the day: I 5A'd her out of her distortion. :lol

El Sloth said:
There should be plenty of $29.99 deals by early October if the last holiday is anything to go by deal wise.
The Take Out Bandit said:
Sorry!

I was out because I was waiting to get my stick up to snuff. I scrapped plans to do custom art as I'm Rocky pre-training montage when it comes to making marks on paper; so I just made a simple button label label and got the Seimitsu parts installed tonight.

Watching replays of superior Tager players whupping me and going into training mode to replicate their combos. I've only got one, but I still don't have it down lickety split.

It's good to be back.
A custom made stick is a thing of beauty, but it's useless without someone to put it to the test.:lol
DY_nasty said:
It is a drag, the community online is good and everything but on GAF in particular its much slower than it was with CT. College, Starcraft 2, etc :/

Once Reach drops I know for a fact that I'm really going to be distracted.

I haven't played Halo seriously since the second installment. I spent quite a few hours on three, but I just couldn't get the feel for it. This Halo will be the third in this generation alone and I can't even get excited for this year's CoD either. I'm just burnt out on the sequels(they had better not make BB3 too quick either).

I'm probably going to be available for a while on this iteration of the series.
Papercuts said:
I also learned a new trick for next time. >=3
I've been building up a few new combos as well. I got some cool stuff meant to be used against high risk characters. I used them on a poor Arakune and the match was over before it could even begin.:lol

El Sloth

Banned
SolarPowered said:
There should be plenty of $29.99 deals by early October if the last holiday is anything to go by deal wise.

Check techbargains.com daily. A few days ago they had XBL Gold cards from Dell.com for $29.99!

I mention how my school work will suffer if I still had Live so you two tell me about deals for Live.:lol

Thanks guys, I'll look into it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:

Oh so playing the character properly is wrong, may I suggest you change characters :D

El Sloth said:
"Flaccid Bro ARF ARF"

:lol Amazing.
I thought it was all over when Dacid burst by mistake.:lol

The only thing I've got left to figure out with Bang at this point is his super game and bumper plate game. I rarely use them at all. The stream was educational to say the least.

TheSeks

15 straight losses against sca. Very disheartening.

Apparently SCA thinks my Lambada would be good if I learned to "zone." Which is similar to Cody from SSF4's character trait. So I guess I should sit down and learn both. Too bad there isn't any subtitled tutorials for fighting games on youtube. *sigh*

TheSeks said:
15 straight losses against sca. Very disheartening.

Apparently SCA thinks my Lambada would be good if I learned to "zone." Which is similar to Cody from SSF4's character trait. So I guess I should sit down and learn both. Too bad there isn't any subtitled tutorials for fighting games on youtube. *sigh*

If you could find videos to learn from that would be a start. I've been deconstructing replays and piecing the tactics together, hopefully for use in my matches.

TheSeks

If you could find videos to learn from that would be a start. I've been deconstructing replays and piecing the tactics together, hopefully for use in my matches.

Well, Youtube videos support subs, but no one uses them (and they aren't great anyway). But tutorials like the "newbie guide" to SSF4 have these gameplay sections but no text to where I'm "LOLWUTPEAR.jpg" through the 10 mins.

Gameplay/streams (well, I can understand streams not being subbed) make it hard for me to learn via watching other people. I can see the moves and stuff, but I can't understand why they did those certain moves/things in a match.

It really sucks to have a disability. :(

In any case, I've been playing Lambada against the AI as a rushdown, so I haven't messed around with D/Drives too much to where I'm horrible at "zoning."

sca kept getting into my face and putting the pressure on and I couldn't do anything but eat a burst to try to get some damage in. Then after my burst, he'd reverse my moves and then make me eat it for the rest of the match. *sigh*

I'm so horrible at fighters. :lol

DY_nasty

360 lobby is up, challenge me if you dare
QisTopTier said:
Oh so playing the character properly is wrong, may I suggest you change characters :D
And zone with with Tager? No way!

TheSeks said:
Gameplay/streams (well, I can understand streams not being subbed) make it hard for me to learn via watching other people. I can see the moves and stuff, but I can't understand why they did those certain moves/things in a match.

If it's a character you're using it should be obvious.

I watch my Tager / Tager matches to learn from the better player. So for instance, this one guy just completely dominated everybody with Tager.

Why did he open with a D? because it magnetizes. Why C? Because it hits downed enemies. F+A? Because it juggles and pulls enemy in. DP+C? Because it connects after F+A. :p

Watch a player use a character's strengths and then go into training mode and try to emulate their combos.

Meanwhile I'm still getting my ass kicked as I don't know what Tager's fastest pokes are / best openings are. MASH A IS NOT THE ANSWER! :lol :lol :lol

Also for some damned reason I can't get his SPD down. I have no trouble in SF (no not the dumbed down Ono version, real SF). What gives?!

Top Bottom