• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Ugh I think I am giving up on playing Hazama for now. I am just not good enough to wait/block until an opening to come so I can throw out some BnB or pull out a jayoku houtenjin punish on an IB. I think its playing against Litchi that did me in though. Match start, screw up once and Litchi rattles of a 12 hit combo on me. Repeat 3 or 4 times until I lose. Either way I think I should probably main some one easier than Hazama for now.

PS: Also screwing up inputs and dropping combos is a real downer. Sometimes I just think I don't have the reaction time for this game -_-, I cant ever tech combo throws.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its really, REALLY easy to nail a predictable Hazama.

Had a great Lamba mirror last night. I won, but I learned soooooo much :D The guy was definitely more knowledgeable about the character and had tons of tricks with her that I never even thought to try.

Tier whoring drama aside I think I'll try playing Bang for a bit. I tried to learn some Ragna BnB combos, but the timing is just too difficult for me.

Edit: Its depressing just how much easier to do Bang's combos for so much more damage.

Lostconfused said:
Tier whoring drama aside I think I'll try playing Bang for a bit. I tried to learn some Ragna BnB combos, but the timing is just too difficult for me.

Edit: Its depressing just how much easier to do Bang's combos for so much more damage.
I just play with whoever is most comfortable. If I kept worrying about tiers I never would have picked Bang in the first place. The only combos that are most dangerous are the ones that lead into a distortion drive which shouldn't be too hard to avoid anyways. Complaints only become valid at high level play where flaws are truly exposed and scrutinized. If I kept worrying about tiers I'd go crazy.:lol

Nemesis556 said:
So, does the PAL version contain all the DLC characters as well?
No. They're premium DLC, but Mak and Valk will be available for purchase from day 1.

Mak will be free with the Euro Limited Edition and Fan Editions though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Decado said:
Oh shit, DLC characters. My interest in picking this game up is fading...

... Or you could buy the game for $40 and not pick up the three characters that don't really change the game at all.

ZOMG INTEREST IN YOUR POSTING FADING, meanwhile.

Decado

Prototype-03 said:
You don't HAVE to download them. How does this change people's minds? I never got that.
1) Nickel and diming pisses people off
2) Can effect the overall balance of the game (may or may not be an issue for BB)*
3) Can effect online compatibility (may or may not be an issue for BB)*

*Between those who do and do not have the DLC.

BTW, what discounted retail price? $40 seems pretty standard for an update.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Think im going to buy this game soon once i have some leftover GS credit. Havent played a fighter seriously since like PS1 days. Will this be a good idea? :lol

Really want to get back into fighters and ive enjoyed the tournament videos and characters i see in the game.

DY_nasty

Platinum is a zoning character. Valk's meter is for his 'transformation'. He switches into and out of wolf form to beast and whatnot.

And more crying about DLC? meh

I feel bad about never taking advantage of air throw shenanigans until now.

Decado said:
2) Can effect the overall balance of the game (may or may not be an issue for BB)*

BTW, what discounted retail price? $40 seems pretty standard for an update.
Nickel and dimming is just how you want to look it at it. You still get the game, with new characters(as in you have the same roster as the arcade version), new story, new modes. Most tournaments don't allow DLC characters and you don't even have an option with the arcade version.

All that aside I just have no idea why you are here just to make inane points and then try to defend your self when you get called out on it.

DY_nasty said:
It really depends on the character.

DY_nasty said:
Platinum is a zoning character. Valk's meter is for his 'transformation'. He switches into and out of wolf form to beast and whatnot.

And more crying about DLC? meh

FFFUU ANOTHER METER BASED CHARACTER? I ALWAYS pick up meter based chars.

Lostconfused said:
Nickel and dimming is just how you want to look it at it. You still get the game, with new characters(as in you have the same roster as the arcade version), new story, new modes. Most tournaments don't allow DLC characters and you don't even have an option with the arcade version.

All that aside I just have no idea why you are here just to make inane points and then try to defend your self when you get called out on it.

The roster is actually more diverse than the arcade version what with Mu there.

Decado

Lostconfused said:

LOL! Maybe because I did not know the DLC works that way?

Because they were valid concerns (you wouldn't have addressed them otherwise). Thanks for the info, though.

DY_nasty

Lostconfused said:
Nah... air throws in general are neglected. Instead of normally finishing off a routine air combo, just throw an air throw in there and laugh. 9 times out of 10, the first time works and bricks get shat.

I main Lambda, so I really feel dirty about not taking advantage of it more.

Fugu

Adding an air throw to the end of your combos is a bad habit simply because offline most people won't eat them and the throw tech will put them in a better position than tech rolling.

Lostconfused said:
PS: Also screwing up inputs and dropping combos is a real downer. Sometimes I just think I don't have the reaction time for this game -_-, I cant ever tech combo throws.
Dropping combos drives me nuts. I have little input foibles that have stuck with me despite having gotten much better at execution in general; I still frequently input 41236 as 4236, I still can't do 2P forward dashes consistently, and I still often drop 1P dragon punches.

I also lacked the ability to consistently tech purple throws (unless they were spammed or used at the end of a combo) until about last month.

DY_nasty

Fugu said:
Adding an air throw to the end of your combos is a bad habit simply because offline most people won't eat them and the throw tech will put them in a better position than tech rolling.
I'd never try it with Noel, its just that I'm starting to notice that a lot of people just don't do anything at all (other than attempt to burst) during a Lambda combo.

Glix

Okay, Before everyone kills me.

I was thinking about this game today. So beautiful. Its hard for me to get into, cuz I'm a Street Fighter guy, and I don't really have time for two fighting games, especially one where I don't know the system and the characters.

Can't we give these guys some dying fighting game property, and give it to them, like we did with Contra.

My vote is for Killer Instinct. I can't even imagine how cool a hand drawn 2d KI would be from these guys.

My secondary vote would be Eternal Champions.

Hell, lets just go crazy and let them make SFA4. THAT would be sick.

Glix

DY_nasty said:
I don't even know what you're trying to say :lol

I'm basically saying these guys do amazing sprites and animation. Lets give them a fighting game that has a big fanbase and desperately needs to be resurrected. Like, they were given that contra game to do, I think they should do a fighting game also.

Fugu

Glix said:
I'm basically saying these guys do amazing sprites and animation. Lets give them a fighting game that has a big fanbase and desperately needs to be resurrected. Like, they were given that contra game to do, I think they should do a fighting game also.
Guilty Gear?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Glix said:

Guilty Gear?

(DAMN IT BEATEN BUT ALL THE SAME)

However, YES: hand-drawn HD sprite work needs to come back in Vogue. I miss it.

Decado said:

1) I agree. But you don't NEED the characters. Which dove tails into
2) They aren't unbalanced. They're characters and they're just the same as any other fighter in the game. You just pay for them to be added to the roaster.
3) Doesn't effect compatibility. Everyone downloads an update. You can have that update (generally for the character data) be your version in PLAYER matches or you can go back to earlier versions (albit with balance changes not included) and have those characters be excluded.

I really don't get your point. DLC characters aren't an issue here, as there is only 3 (4 but ones included with the game and unlockable) and they aren't even needed.

Bitch about SF4's $20 costume alternate prices. THAT is worth bitching about.

Glix said:

Darkstalkers or a real Street Fighter 4 would be nice.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
sup

152kfih.jpg

294pgft.jpg

2prbgk7.jpg

Dresden

Glix said:
Okay, Before everyone kills me.

I was thinking about this game today. So beautiful. Its hard for me to get into, cuz I'm a Street Fighter guy, and I don't really have time for two fighting games, especially one where I don't know the system and the characters.

Can't we give these guys some dying fighting game property, and give it to them, like we did with Contra.

My vote is for Killer Instinct. I can't even imagine how cool a hand drawn 2d KI would be from these guys.

My secondary vote would be Eternal Champions.

Hell, lets just go crazy and let them make SFA4. THAT would be sick.
Unless they can get their hands on SF (impossible), there's no point in them ever doing any of those properties. Animu sells.

I won't be buying Valk, but Platinum? Day one.

so i watched the aksys Hazama tutorial and it seemed pretty cool.
i'm a total novice, and i'm sure they only scratch the surface, but things like the option-select jayoku hotenjin are useful and i had not known about it.

Hyphen

Is Platinum supposed to be human? And what's her weapon? It looks like a giant paintbrush. And am I the only one who absolutely hate's the way she looks? Give me Valkenhayn any day!
Betcha any money this Plat chick ends up being a character I find cool to play with, but really detest looking at

Top Bottom