• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Zanken said:
The tscrubaki thing is getting kinda old dude. There is no need to get so defensive over not liking a low tier character. Also stop making excuses for the way you play the game when people are just trying to give you advice.
Don't be so uptight man, I'm joking in 90% of my posts here. Anytime you see me refer to hackumen, tscrubaki, hambda, or clock-tier (rachel) then know that I'm joking. And honestly, I think its really odd for someone to critique my playstyle when they've never seen me play. Papercuts, SolarPowered, TTOB actually know what I'm talking about (2C through Tager's DD, deal with it :lol ) - and they know my biggest problem isn't lack of knowledge of a character, but simply dropping combos that are hardly ever seen through nico or youtube to begin with as well as all character specific nuances that go along with them. Also, I used to beat ass with Tscrubaki. If I was all about winning and getting my level up to 90, I'd keep playing with her. I think close to 70% of my wins are with her anyways... I just get the feeling that she and Noel are going to be the ones affected most by the upcoming patch.

Its not a case of "Oh that dude DY is just tight because he can't even D spam with Lambda, lulz".

SephirothRK said:
also there's the Canadian tournament T11. Console character banned in BBCS.:lol Unfortunately BBCS won't be streamed T.T
They are still going to record the matches and put them up later I believe.

DY_nasty

Prototype-03 said:
Pretty sure it's Rachel, Bang, Litchi and Ragna
Noel's normals are probably the worst in the game and she's become almost completely drive-dependent now. You'd think they'd do something about it. She's the most one-dimensional character in the game right now.

Litchi will most likely get nerfed back to mid-tier. Bang... I don't know what they'll do with him. But Noel needs a buff almost as bad as Rachel.

DY_nasty said:
Noel's normals are probably the worst in the game and she's become almost completely drive-dependent now. You'd think they'd do something about it. She's the most one-dimensional character in the game right now.

Litchi will most likely get nerfed back to mid-tier. Bang... I don't know what they'll do with him. But Noel needs a buff almost as bad as Rachel.

Noel doesn't need it as badly as Rachel. I'm not saying that Tsubaki and Noel don't need changes, but those four need the MOST changes, not the two you mentioned.

DY_nasty

Prototype-03 said:
Noel doesn't need it as badly as Rachel. I'm not saying that Tsubaki and Noel don't need changes, but those four need the MOST changes, not the two you mentioned.
Rachel just needs her damage upped a bit. Noel struggles just getting into her combos... I'm thinking/hoping they'll rework a lot with her.

El Sloth

Banned
Obsessed said:
The people that craft the tiers understand the bold. The tiers simply try and tell you which character has the best tools for winning. Any moron can tell that Rachel, who can't zone well, can't do close combat well, and needs 50% meter to deal 3k damage, has lesser tools than Litchi who has good pokes at all ranges, and can get 4k damage, oki, and 50% meter off almost any poke.

A Rachel can beat a Litchi. One has to work way harder because of having shittier tools.

Fair enough. I think I just have a problem with the way some people immediately dismiss certain characters because of what tier they are(SSIV Makoto comes to mind), but I suppose they have a good reason to do so and I really shouldn't be complaining.

DY_nasty said:
Rachel just needs her damage upped a bit. Noel struggles just getting into her combos... I'm thinking/hoping they'll rework a lot with her.

In your own theory then, Noel just needs better priority normals. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

edit: also, I think with the reworking of Bang, Litchi and Ragna, I'm sure some of these low/mid tiers will jump around a lot since they're always a game of matchup. They also need to be careful with that.

DY_nasty said:

I've already touched on the subject before. If you've got nothing(bottom tier) to lose then you've got the most to gain. If you are in the top tier you've got the most to lose(common sense on this one).

I think a lot of people get a little too caught up in the panic and stats. They start losing sight of the fact that A tier cannot possibly become any stronger, but they keep letting tiers get the better of them so their own game begins to suffer as a result. I know you aren't guilty of this, but a lot of well meaning people also get the wrong idea because everyone keeps blowing this out of proportion(Rachel players can complain all they want...Noel players to a lesser extent).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I need to get back to BB, but I can't atm, I need to get my revenge back on QisTopTier. :lol

Anyways, going to practice some more with my Hazama more ones I get the chance! :D

DY_nasty

I finally got around to practicing with Tao earlier today... man, I've got so much more respect for people that main her now. :lol

Her inputs are crazy sometimes. I love her mobility and crazy mixup game but I don't think I'll ever be able to get past a certain point with her.

Mims

So on a whim i decided to get back into fighting games yesterday (last one I played was mk2). Any suggestions for controllers that don't cost over 60 bucks cause using the ps3 dual shock is killing my thumbs. Also any newbie advice will be welcomed.

The Take Out Bandit said:
HORI FS3, you won't need to replace the crappy parts out of the box like a Madcrapz stick.

Read Me

MK2? :lol You have a long hard road ahead. Good luck!

Good suggestions there. I also recommend the FS3, since that's what I started out with when I was debating whether to use a stick or not. IF you're pretty confident that you'll be using stick, I'd suggest shelling out a little bit more for the TE sticks. If you're undecided, the FS3 is perfect.

Also, BB is a little much to take in if your last 2D game was MK2... It's a long road ahead of you. If you don't mind, SSF4 is a good start imo... Gives you the basic game play, and it WILL overwhelm you a bit also, especially with the FA.

DY_nasty

Dexa said:
whats up with netplay? its sooo dead :(
takes ages to find any game.
I usually don't have to wait more than a minute to get a good sized player lobby started up.

Mjunter

Man I actually decided to play this game online and actually did a combo string in one of them and actually won another. I honestly wasn't expecting to do either in my first play run but it felt real good though.

Mjunter said:
Man I actually decided to play this game online and actually did a combo string in one of them and actually won another. I honestly wasn't expecting to do either in my first play run but it felt real good though.
dem revolver actionz

God damn it, I wanna play this game. : /

But even if I had time, my time is so limited... I can't even practice... : ( I really would have to pick one character and stick to them : |

I thinking of Makoto, or perhaps Hakumen.

DY_nasty

FlightOfHeaven said:
God damn it, I wanna play this game. : /

But even if I had time, my time is so limited... I can't even practice... : ( I really would have to pick one character and stick to them : |

I thinking of Makoto, or perhaps Hakumen.
Makoto is the business.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG SMH for Score Attack. I can't get past Tager now.

I swear the AI has to mind-fuck me in this mode so many different ways.

"Oh, you want to Gadget Finger me with your Broken Mode Tager? LOL MAGNET COMBO COMBO COMBO EAT MY DD FINISH!"

:mad:

Coeliacus

DY_nasty said:
Its not a case of "Oh that dude DY is just tight because he can't even D spam with Lambda, lulz".
Fair call. Some of your posts resemble bandwagoners who come to a single local ranbat, get disillusioned, make some complaints about why a game is bad before being never heard from again. Seeing it kinda wears me down a bit, nothing personal against you.

I'm eager to see the balance changes. I'm wondering what they'd change about Ragna, besides belial he didn't change that much from CT, it was the combo scaling system that helped him (and Litchi) so much. It would be cool to see blood kain being useful, even if it took toning down other areas to do it.

Aside from the obvious characters that need work, I'd like to see the curse time reduce on Arakune in return for better perks without curse. I've been playing the match-up a lot more lately and most of the time it goes either way. Obviously if I get cursed I'm doing it wrong, but it sucks managing to block the mix-ups successfully 3/4 of the way through the duration until you finally get hit and take the majority of damage anyway... or worse yet you manage to land a combo and since there are no bugs the bug bar barely diminishes at all. It makes the match-up tedious.

DY_nasty

akachan ningen said:
You can jump over his cut though, so it's no big deal.
You can?

I've been just sitting in front of it waiting to accept my inevitable end since CT :lol

Man, I've done great tonight. Still kinda struggling to get used to the Calamity Sword nerf, but I'm getting the hang of it.

DY_nasty said:
You can?

I've been just sitting in front of it waiting to accept my inevitable end since CT :lol

Man, I've done great tonight. Still kinda struggling to get used to the Calamity Sword nerf, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Yeah, I love when people just sit there trying to use barrier to block the cut. :lol Also when they try to rapid cancel a move to avoid it. :lol

But yeah, just super jump.

El Sloth said:
Fair enough. I think I just have a problem with the way some people immediately dismiss certain characters because of what tier they are(SSIV Makoto comes to mind), but I suppose they have a good reason to do so and I really shouldn't be complaining.

I have problems with that too. However, I don't see that as a reason to go "tires don exit!!!" and essentially proclaim that all characters are equal and that individual skill is the only thing that matters.

DY_nasty said:
Hakumen DD countering projectiles is sooooooooooooooooo lame

Beaten by two posters: Use your super jump. The DD will miss. Also in case this comes up the in future. His DD can be beat out by grabs at close range. His Astral counters grabs, but does not counter projectiles.

Also I agree that Noel also needs some boosts. I'd argue that she needs it just as much as Rachel. Rachel was a high tier character that got hit really hard by the nerf bat. Noel was midtier at best in CT, and they also hit her with the nerf bat for some odd reason. I'd rather see Noel fixed personally, because she didnt deserve a nerf in the first place.

El Sloth

Banned
Obsessed said:
I have problems with that too. However, I don't see that as a reason to go "tires don exit!!!" and essentially proclaim that all characters are equal and that individual skill is the only thing that matters.

I'll keep that in mind and refrain from acting a fool in the future and typing the first thing that pops up in my head. This is the internet though so I make no promises!

DY_nasty

I can't wait til Litchi gets nerfed...

I'm glad I went in ranked today, I needed the confidence boost. I still for some reason act retarded whenever I play a Tager, but I've been pretty damned dominant. Its a bit easier to see my weaknesses when I'm not playing the same group all the time too. You guys know me too well :D

I really need to utilize Lambda's DP more. Its too good for me not to be using regularly.

TheSeks

FlightOfHeaven said:
Gosh, Makoto is indeed the business.

Yeah, she's really awesome. I can't get her charges down, but I'm glad I paid for her. Makes an interesting choice in AI battles if I want to go in and beat them down.

Too scared to go online, like typical fighting games that are online-enabled

Got up to Hakumen with Broken Mode Jin. Won a round (with like 10-5% health left), only to promptly eat it from him the next round. Why do you have to toy with me, Hakumen? Why can't you let me pass and cheese Hanzama/Ragna/Rachel and be done with this mode? *cries* ;__;

LegatoB

Papercuts said:
Score Attack Hazama is uncheesable. He can only shatter your hopes and dreams.
Of course, after that, it's smooth sailing. Unlimited Ragna is nowhere near the cheeseball of Hazama or Hakumen, and Unlimited Rachel is just a joke.

You could always
cheat, connect a second controller, and hit start to challenge yourself if it looks like you're about to lose (do it fairly early if it looks bad)
, but that would be wrong!

TheSeks

Papercuts said:
Score Attack Hazama is uncheesable. He can only shatter your hopes and dreams.

Apparently Broken Mode Jin makes the AI shit themselves, which is partially true. Hakumen shits himself slightly, but he gets close eats a 6C (in beginner mode,623B normal), which sends him flying back. C...C...C...C...C...(236B) into a DD (632146C).

Which, is better than my previous (like 100?) attempts against him. So I'm getting somewhere.

I'm sure taking a step back and keeping my distance and spamming 236B's at Hazama would make his AI shit itself. It worked (kinda) against all the other AI's up to Hakumen.

Edit: My problem with Hakumen right now is he gets REALLY close and blocks my 623B invincible frame attack as it doesn't connect with him (same for the ice swords, you can see this in practice/versus mode with a dummy opponent. WTF Arc?), and dodging his distro. Unless his AI goes REALLY GODDAMN BERSERK (LOLOLOLOLOL COMBOCOMBOCOMBO ENJOY TRYING TO BLOCK THIS, NEWBIE!), he's somewhat manageable this way for me.

LegatoB

You underestimate exactly how good Hell Mode Unlimited Hazama is at stuffing any possible opening you give him. He's the God-King of Reversals.

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:
Yeah, she's really awesome. I can't get her charges down, but I'm glad I paid for her. Makes an interesting choice in AI battles if I want to go in and beat them down.

Too scared to go online, like typical fighting games that are online-enabled

Got up to Hakumen with Broken Mode Jin. Won a round (with like 10-5% health left), only to promptly eat it from him the next round. Why do you have to toy with me, Hakumen? Why can't you let me pass and cheese Hanzama/Ragna/Rachel and be done with this mode? *cries* ;__;
You're a masochist.

And fuck ranked . I was rolling 70+% until they matched me up with the same guy for damn near an hour. At least I'm learning how bad my corner game is. :lol

TheSeks

DY_nasty said:
You're a masochist.

I can't help it. That gold trophy and four related unlimited beatens taunts me. :(

LegatoB said:
You underestimate exactly how good Hell Mode Unlimited Hazama is at stuffing any possible opening you give him. He's the God-King of Reversals.

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. But yeah, the first hurdle is getting past Hakumen. Hazama is the second hurdle. After that it's apparently smooth sailing to cheese, so I just gotta get past these two assholes to clear this mode. :|

myself said:
Edit: My problem with Hakumen right now is he gets REALLY close and blocks my 623B invincible frame attack as it doesn't connect with him (same for the ice swords, you can see this in practice/versus mode with a dummy opponent. WTF Arc?), and dodging his distro. Unless his AI goes REALLY GODDAMN BERSERK (LOLOLOLOLOL COMBOCOMBOCOMBO ENJOY TRYING TO BLOCK THIS, NEWBIE!), he's somewhat manageable this way for me.

DY_nasty

I'm playing so American tonight...

I finally get to the point where I don't drop every 3rd combo but now I'm forgetting the benefits of barrier blocking altogether.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
DY_nasty said:
I'm playing so American tonight...

I finally get to the point where I don't drop every 3rd combo but now I'm forgetting the benefits of barrier blocking altogether.

Tell me about it, I had a bunch of matches with a steam group, and I failed all but 2 purple throw. Everyone of them say "Throw Reject" or "LOL Noob" cause I got used to A+B+C option select when blocking.

At one point people are telling me, press B+C to tech when you see 2 Purple "!".

I also managed to whiff all Noel BnB against Tager, and every whiff ended with "Not this time Library"(Tager just smash 360 during hit stun, works everytime against noel) .

Top Bottom