• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

It's looking more and more like Litchi is going to come out of this at about where she was in CT (big, rare hits). If I understand correctly what they're doing to 6A[m], it's looking like it's going to be as hard to use as it was in CT, albeit for different reasons.

EDIT: Wtf, you can't cancel into itsuu anymore?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Platinum is young boy, an angry young girl, and a super powerful wizard of ages past all wrapped in one.

She pleases damn near every sexual deviant there is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DY_nasty said:
Platinum is young boy, an angry young girl, and a super powerful wizard of ages past all wrapped in one.

She pleases damn near every sexual deviant there is.

:lol And how.

Arc can take my cash on her.

In fact, Arc can take my cash with the DLC characters, they're pretty fun to play it looks like.

That said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_sYq0xJ9sE

Put in the time code for 3:00 or there about.

Holy shit. How the fuck can you bounce Bang like that. o____O;

God, I'm so terrible at fighters, I can't even get 20 hits with Lambada. This shit is crazy. (Of course, this dude did upload a basic combo video and is doing 20-40 hits there as well, still~)

I should just pack it up and go home. God. :lol

TheSeks

DY_nasty said:
I hit 101 with Lambda once. Blue beating like a mofo :lol

That's just crazy. The Bang bounce in particular is just "O____O".

That said, I see a 6CCCCC juggle into 3C 2(?)D->D 5DD 6CCCCCC loop, which is kinda cool.

I suck so bad, though. :lol Looking at these is just "Wow, why can't I be that good with her? :("

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:
That's just crazy. The Bang bounce in particular is just "O____O".

That said, I see a 6CCCCC juggle into 3C 2(?)D->D 5DD 6CCCCCC loop, which is kinda cool.

I suck so bad, though. :lol Looking at these is just "Wow, why can't I be that good with her? :("
Lambda isn't that hard to use at all. Most of her inputs are waaaaaaaaay easier compared to the rest of the cast. Hell, most of her most damaging combos you'll only be pressing two buttons :lol

She's a glass cannon though. You can afford to screw up twice with her in a match if you're really lucky. People don't realize how easy it is for Lambda to get screwed right out of the gates of a match for guessing wrong/trying to gamble early.

DY_nasty said:
Lambda isn't that hard to use at all. Most of her inputs are waaaaaaaaay easier compared to the rest of the cast. Hell, most of her most damaging combos you'll only be pressing two buttons :lol

She's a glass cannon though. You can afford to screw up twice with her in a match if you're really lucky. People don't realize how easy it is for Lambda to get screwed right out of the gates of a match for guessing wrong/trying to gamble early.

She's not that easy... Her timing is one of the hardest in the game... And it's not like her hit confirms are slow either... You have to have to react fast. I think someone who used her also told me that the timing also changes while you're doing the combo. So although you might just be pressing two buttons, the timing changes over time.

DY_nasty said:
Yet another reason for TTOB to hate the game :lol

Yeah, even if they put all the DLC characters in a reduced price package I'd still only be interested in werewolf dude.

STOP PUTTING LITTLE GIRLS IN FIGHTING GAMES! >:|

Unless it's one of those crazy Japanese all girl fighting games.

DY_nasty

She'll probably have some god-mode astral or something.
Prototype-03 said:
She's not that easy... Her timing is one of the hardest in the game... And it's not like her hit confirms are slow either... You have to have to react fast. I think someone who used her also told me that the timing also changes while you're doing the combo. So although you might just be pressing two buttons, the timing changes over time.
Actually that is true, and it can't be understated.

Just about every character 'bounces' differently, and it takes a lot of hours to adjust. Even basic zoning and pressure is different between characters. Noel is a bitch to handle at times because you can't just move through DD > 6 DD and that extra half second is all anyone needs to smack fire to Lambda. Most of the basic combos work okay at a beginner level, but the more difficult things with Lambda such as counterhit D combos, loops, even the DPs require a lot of timing, reflexes, and familiarity.

Hyphen

Q8D3vil said:
damn, i already hate the loli design but nowits a loli with lame moves.
damn u aksys :lol

I'm glad someone else shares my thoughts on Platinum. Don't like her design at all.

DY_nasty

Hyphen said:
I'm glad someone else shares my thoughts on Platinum. Don't like her design at all.
I was really hoping that she would have a transformation or something similar to Nu. Like how she goes from loli to semi-badass cyber quail-girl.

Nothing of the sort. Watch Kittay-missiles be unblockable and come with a full second hit-stun.

Platinum is like the greatest troll character I've ever seen. It's like they're sending a big FU to everyone who takes character design too seriously. Getting beat by her will not be fun for a lot of people and even looking at her elicits bad reactions. I also bet that she is going to be Tager's worst nightmare.

Luna doesn't give a fuck what you got to say, bitches!
:lol :lol :lol

I also called the fact that she was going to be a spiritual successor to May.

A few more videos have been floating around the intertubes, but it seems like they haven't made their way to Gaf yet.

Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCuv1U96Kqw (Tsubaki Gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkACfwnxaxM (Valk Gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fkk2m7vvZI (Arakune/Valk Gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzoy9pxN7A (Noel/Tsubaki Gameplay)

Some interesting stuff to note in the videos above. Tsubaki has rapid charge increases now thanks to a one bar charge with a single button press(great). I'm especially interested in Valkenhayn now. It seems like he is a cross between Tao and Bang which suits my tastes. He's got a similar drive function to Tao's and his ground game and distortion drive is basically Bang-lite. I'm kinda hoping we get to see some Tager/Bang footage though.

There hasn't been much more video out yet, but it seems like some interesting stuff has happened. Here are the changes on characters. Seems like Tager got a couple of nice treats and it looks like Bang wall bounce is not completely dead, yet. I think that they've also added some more information of Tsubaki and Litchi buffs and nerfs.

From Dustloop(Bold for update):

Tager:
Possible hitbox adjustment (Litchi's jB, immediately done from a straight jump up, won't hit)
6A faster start up, super armor, chargeable(won't pull in mid-charge), no longer jump cancellable (needs more insight)
5D has a stronger pull

Bang:

5B slower start up
2C slower start up, reduced a level, techable on ground hit
FRKZ 2C knocks down

2B>5B gattling added. (cannot reinput 2B)
Heavenly phoenix thrust no longer wall bounces for both air and ground, slight wall bounce in/near corner
3C is techable
6B is techable on ground hit
Ashura slower start up, invincibility lasts until just before startup, has become a joke DD

Ashkeloth

As A Bang/Tsubaki Main/Sub, it looks like I'm basically going to have to learn completely new BnB combos as both if any of this stuff actually makes it into the patch.

Still, hopefully this will make Bang a character I can play online without feeling like I'm cheating, and the nerfs to Ragna (Hopefully leading to a decrease of randoms playing him) make relearning my characters well worth the trade.

Valkenhyn looks pretty cool, and I'll probably buy him, but I doubt I'll actually bother learning how to play him properly. Platinum looks interesting, just because she doesn't fit in this game at all.

DY_nasty said:
Tager doesn't need faster anything or more magnet lulz wtf is this shit.
I've got to get to work so I can't say much on the subject, but there is a lot of talk going around regarding Tager atm. A lot of people seem receptive to the changes and would like to see a Tager that doesn't rely solely on one or two combos that are grab centric. Many people are definitely looking towards playing with a Tager that is more familiar to Potemkin and I agree.

Tager needs to have his basic strategy changed so that he doesn't rely on 720 and magnetism. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with him.

SolarPowered said:
Tager needs to have his basic strategy changed so that he doesn't rely on 720 and magnetism. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with him.
Maybe they should just make a new character instead of completely changing the one that already exists.

TheSeks

Prototype-03 said:

Maybe I should pick a different character? :(

I love her design and her sprint/dash being really quick to get into peoples faces. But I'm really terrible at fighting games to where I can't 50-100hit combo a person like those videos show. :lol

faridmon

disclaimer: still playing Clamity Trigger.

Now that i got the basic understanding of this game down, I am enjoying it considerably. To a point that i have been actually watching some tourney games on youtuube :lol

anyway, I am still a newbie, both in this game and in fighting game in general. I am playing as Noel as my main fighter, any tips about this particuler character or in the game as whole?

and what is Tech or normal Tech as i read it here many times?

Guys remember that this is the first loke test. It is unlikely that all of these changes will stick. So don't bitch about how Bang has no wallbounce. If it truly fucks him over they wont keep it. It isn't like ASW to pull a Rachel twice.

QisTopTier said:
LOL What company do you think this is? I take it you never played GGAC
No I haven't. But I would have to play through all the other revisions of GG to even understand what kind of wacky changes happened.
Obsessed said:
Guys remember that this is the first loke test. It is unlikely that all of these changes will stick. So don't bitch about how Bang has no wallbounce. If it truly fucks him over they wont keep it. It isn't like ASW to pull a Rachel twice.
I dunno I just think it would be much easier to nerf his damage a bit and leave his combos as is. It just sounds like they are trying to cut down on wall bounce for every character.

Lostconfused said:
I dunno I just think it would be much easier to nerf his damage a bit and leave his combos as is. It just sounds like they are trying to cut down on wall bounce for every character.

It IS easier. Fortunately, Arc likes to mess around with things instead of going the easy way out. I kinda like it better that way... It's like a new game for everyone :D

Dresden

faridmon said:
anyway, I am still a newbie, both in this game and in fighting game in general. I am playing as Noel as my main fighter, any tips about this particuler character or in the game as whole?
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TheSeks

Dresden said:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I thought that was Lambada? Or is that CCCCCCC?

In fact isn't DDDDDD nearly for ALL characters? :lol

DY_Nasty said:
Nerf Ky Forever

Wow, did ^C really change a bunch of stuff from #R? As I own the X-box version of #R (;__; Online play).

The infuriating thing was playing my (shitty) Chipp or Zato-one. Zato at least had a chance, but Chipp was just shit in #R.

TheSeks said:
I thought that was Lambada? Or is that CCCCCCC?

In fact isn't DDDDDD nearly for ALL characters? :lol

Wow, did ^C really change a bunch of stuff from #R? As I own the X-box version of #R (;__; Online play).

The infuriating thing was playing my (shitty) Chipp or Zato-one. Zato at least had a chance, but Chipp was just shit in #R.

a lot of stuff changed and IIRC Ky dropped from S.

only played XX and AC though

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
N.K.F.

Nerf Ky Forever

Ky's been good in every game since reload, slash was fucking stupid though and before You go wa wa wa ky sucks waaaa I mained ky since xx and I've gotten complents on how retarded my ky was on dustloop when reload online came out. Ky is one of the most tactical fighters in guitly gear if you are not playing like that you are doing it wrong. BUT BUT BUT HE'S SO EASY TO USE... yeah basics maybe now go win with basics... oh wait ky cant do shit with basics =P

DY_nasty

Lambda is CCCCCCCC or DDDDDDDD. DDDDDDD works just about anywhere, but CCCCCCCC close the corner is just lulz
QisTopTier said:
Ky's been good in every game since reload, slash was fucking stupid though and before You go wa wa wa ky sucks waaaa I mained ky since xx and I've gotten complents on how retarded my ky was on dustloop when reload online came out. Ky is one of the most tactical fighters in guitly gear if you are not playing like that you are doing it wrong. BUT BUT BUT HE'S SO EASY TO USE... yeah basics maybe now go win with basics... oh wait ky cant do shit with basics =P
Just had to throw it out there because Dustloop has a bunch of people who still cry about it. :lol

Venom > all anyways.

DY_nasty said:
Lambda is CCCCCCCC or DDDDDDDD. DDDDDDD works just about anywhere, but CCCCCCCC close the corner is just lulz

Just had to throw it out there because Dustloop has a bunch of people who still cry about it. :lol

Venom > all anyways.

Yea very original character :lol

Him and Testament are who i use in AC.

As for Ky hes cool and i use him and Sol as well when i feel like it, plus Steve Harrison uses Ky so :lol

h3ro

Finally finished story mode in CT! :D

Installing CS as I type this... Just downloaded the 1.01 update from the dashboard as well. I'm excited to finally play with all these new characters. I'm so tempted to pick up Makoto tonight, but I think I should hold off since I'm so late in the game anyway to see if there is a DLC package of all three new characters put up once Platinum is put up.

...holding off on Valkenhayn is gonna be so difficult. :lol

Anybody else disappointed by the lack of running dashes and only one air dash for valkenhayn? He would have been amazing if he had at least one of these traits.
FlightOfHeaven said:
Noel blows for now.

I used to main Noel.
Grifter must be stewing in a cesspool of hate as we type.

:(

SolarPowered said:
Anybody else disappointed by the lack of running dashes and only one air dash for valkenhayn? He would have been amazing if he had at least one of these traits.

Sorry. My interest in the character obviously jinxed his mobility. D:

Seriously need to play more. However I think my DSL or router is on the fritz since tornado came through town. :\

Now my Netflix streaming is always rebuffering.

Gotta move.

Top Bottom