• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

I think I will try to play Bang for a while. I am terrible at mix ups and long range with Hazama, its just to pathetic to even try when the competition level is so high.

xero273 said:
a215.jpg

Another pic of plat
That's adorable

CS 2.0 loke test impressions

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9792-BBCS-News-only.-Anything-else-TEMPBAN.-Valkenhayn-DLC!-BBCS-2-for-arcades!&p=749028&viewfull=1#post749028

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
_dementia said:
CS 2.0 loke test impressions

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9792-BBCS-News-only.-Anything-else-TEMPBAN.-Valkenhayn-DLC!-BBCS-2-for-arcades!&p=749028&viewfull=1#post749028
Lambda getting nerfed wtf!?

Valkyan looks cool to play

plus nerfs all round it seems

Ragna:
5D on grounded opponents no longer floats
3C is techable
5B>6A gattling is gone
Inferno Divider no longer has wall bounce
Belial edge doesn't bounce as high any more (can still follow up with a quick 5D)

Arakune:
overall damage decreased
guarded drive moves give less curse meter

Litchi:
more gattlings without staff
6A with staff must be RC otherwise no followups available
4D slides. follow up possible in corner
6D's level(?) decreased. [maybe priority?]
jC without staff is now techable

Bang:
5B slower start up
2B slower start up
2B>5B gattling added. (cannot reinput 2B)
heavenly phoenix thrust no longer wall bounces for both air and ground
3C is techable
ashura slower start up, no more invincibility frames, has become a joke DD

Carl:
2B>5B gattling added cannot re-input 2B)
ada's gauge recovers slower

hakumen:
jD cannot be followed up
5D increased damage
[something about his yukikaze.]
other than that don't know much

Lambda:
5DD activation slowed
blade summonings are slower

Tsubaki:
5D instantly gives 1 stock, but holding down D gives a slightly slower charge speed
2D starts out slow but the charge speed rapidly increases. Also more stiff now.
jD charge speed increased
5B more strong
2BB>5BB gattlings added (Cannot re-input 2BB)
236A start up time increased, if comboed into cannot be follow up [i think.]
214A, B doesn't float opponent even when done by itself
623A on counter hit, untechable time decreased so cannot follow up
cannot cancel into any move from throw, throw slides. mid screen do 236D to follow up, in corner can follow up with normal combos.
after air throw timing for follow up attacks more strict

Arakune :(

Interesting @ bold

Joule

Look it all those Rachel buffs.
* Overall damage increased
* 5B>2B gattling added
* 6A activation speed increased
* 6B on counter slides
* 6B jump cancel possible on block
* 2C hit stop increased
* 5C>C now slides. Mid screen C Lobelia>3D> Sword iris/BBL combos. In corner 5C>C>3C can be done for 2 loops.
* jA is an overhead
* j2C can be canceled into attacks on landing
* Lobeilas come out even when hit
* You can reposition George. He has a gauge now.
* Tempest Dahlia? what the heck is that? [i think he means it's been removed]

I know someone who's been waiting on this. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't tell if tager not being touched is good or bad. I do know that if those rachel changes stay that matchup will be TERRIBLE again. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Take Out Bandit said:
Someone in DL thread mentioned that ACol. properties may have been altered.

I saw that, but I haven't seen anyone else go into detail on what that actually means.

akachan ningen said:
omg hakumen's jD nerf is huge. He had already lost his main AA, 6A. Now he's lost his other one. :(

And he will still be A tier. In most cases you get better payoff from using Hotaru. JD takes no meter so lesser damage makes sense.

Also these are test changes. They are not finalized.

DY_nasty said:
Noel still gets no love
No more wall bounce...

They really took it too far. I only read it was no more wall bounce for air phoenix thrusts. Way too reactionary in my opinion.

I know this is only the first of several loctests to come

Dresden

akachan ningen said:
they should have nerfed her more and made her a full on joke character.
NO U

So Lambda is being 'adjusted'? Good thing I'll be switching over to Moetinum when she comes out.

Coeliacus

This is just heresay but some friends reading the Japanese boards are saying that there are some lambda buffs not mentioned, like apparently 4DD being jump cancelable among other things.

The amount of changes to the cast between loc tests for the first CS were nuts, so I don't expect all of these changes to last. The bang wallbounce thing seems really obvious though, so it might be more of a case that they are going to change the way he plays a lot.

/endless speculation

vg260

h3ro said:
Valkenhayn Gameplay!

Looks like a fun character to play. :D

Now this looks like the character I can get attached to.

This game is sitting in my "to play" pile, as I can't tear myself away from SSFIV and other stuff. Man, I'm so far behind on learning this game, it almost doesn't seem worth trying to pick it up and find someone on my level.

Coeliacus

For DY_nasty:

[15:11] <desu> lambda: 6A faster
[15:11] <desu> 6B: more advantage frames on CH, comboable into cavalier

[15:12] <javi> whos' that
[15:12] <desu> sickle: less recovery
[15:12] <desu> lambda
[15:12] <desu> the sickle move

[15:12] <javi> what is 6b i mean lol
[15:12] <javi> i forget lol
[15:12] <desu> sticks a leg forward
[15:12] <desu> it's fine i forgot too
[15:13] <desu> crescent: combos into 5D off a fatal counter

[15:13] <Zan> where are you reading these?
[15:13] <Zan> buffs aplenty
[15:13] <desu> japanese bbs
[15:13] <javi> tk cresent already combos into 5d
[15:13] <javi> off fatal
[15:13] <desu> this is
[15:14] <desu> ground fatal javi
[15:14] <desu> wait
[15:14] <desu> ok

[15:14] <desu> fatal hitting them on ground
[15:14] <desu> nm

[15:14] <javi> i see
[15:14] <desu> 5D: jc-able on block (wert?)
[15:15] <desu> 5DD not jc-able
[15:15] <desu> http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1284007871/
[15:15] <desu> it also says it's faster
[15:15] <desu> so i guess faster but lags longer?

[15:15] <javi> jc'able on block
[15:15] <javi> oh noes
[15:15] <javi> back to CT days

edit: Take these with a grain of salt, these source may be a bit suss. Sorry. :s

Dreavus

Just going through the changes now...

Hurray, slight Jin buffs! Although 2C isn't really a great move to begin with, at least I can do something afterwards when it's blocked instead of just whimpering. I wonder if this'll make his fatal counter combo a little longer haha.

And I welcome the old B Musou knockdown. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While they're at it, please nerf Score Attack mode Hakumen and Hanzama.
:( ... ;____;

Fugu

Litchi nerfs seem appropriate. The biggest change is definitely 6A no longer leading into a combo without RC. Litchi doesn't really have much of a use for meter outside of oki in her current state, and this may provide an incentive for players to sacrifice oki for ground mixup. I was fearing that the nerfbat to her would be so large that I would have to relearn all of her combos, but I'm satisfied with what they've done.

DY_nasty said:
Loving the Tsubaki buffs... just read up on that. Hope they last.

There's like 2-3 buffs against 5-6 nerfs. 2D with more recovery means that there's less charge cancels... 22D has no wallbounce (wtf? that was her bnb), j236A cannot be comboed into (also bnb), 236A cannot be comboed into either.

So hopefully those new combos are gonna be awesome because her old combos are basically gone. Then again, this was just the first loke test... maybe some of her old stuff will be back.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It seems like wall bouncing is getting snuffed all around though.

Oh, and no more Parry Loop. Pop Bottles.

Riou

Joule said:
Look it all those Rachel buffs.

I know someone who's been waiting on this. :lol

FUCK YEAH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. When your on the bot, theres only one way to go :D. But this is still just a loke test so there will be more changes down the road. Hopefully Arc doesn't nerf her during these loke tests :lol

DY_nasty said:
It seems like wall bouncing is getting snuffed all around though.

Oh, and no more Parry Loop. Pop Bottles.

Yeah, but unlike Ragna and Bang, she didn't do 4k+ dmg off of her bounces midscreen. Also, if you put ONE jab in there, the 22D combos didn't work (at least not enough dmg to warrant a use of a charge) and had to either settle for 0 lvl bnb or a reset.

So in essence, Tsubaki players cried out for a better way to get charge stocks. Arc says "I will give it to you... in exchange for NO COMBOS!"

Also, with 236A and j.236A not comboable, literally ALL her bnbs are gone... from lvl 0 charge combos all the way up to lvl 5 combos. It's like a completely new character... So I guess I should reserve my statements until some new combos are discovered. But as of right now, NO LIKE!

Oh, and Makoto really didn't need the parry loop. From what I hear, the parry loop gives only about 400 more dmg than her other combos, so it wasn't like Tao where she relied more on it. Just play Q's Mak... It'll make you cry. And with 5B faster and jc'able.........

why?

Fugu

CH 2C, 1D, 6A, Lilly, j.2C lvl3 bounce, summon George, 3C(1), Sword Iris, 6C, j.C, land, j.C, j.C, A-Lobelia = 5350 damage.

thundr51

Prototype-03 said:
Yeah, but unlike Ragna and Bang, she didn't do 4k+ dmg off of her bounces midscreen. Also, if you put ONE jab in there, the 22D combos didn't work (at least not enough dmg to warrant a use of a charge) and had to either settle for 0 lvl bnb or a reset.

So in essence, Tsubaki players cried out for a better way to get charge stocks. Arc says "I will give it to you... in exchange for NO COMBOS!"

Also, with 236A and j.236A not comboable, literally ALL her bnbs are gone... from lvl 0 charge combos all the way up to lvl 5 combos. It's like a completely new character... So I guess I should reserve my statements until some new combos are discovered. But as of right now, NO LIKE!

It's like they HATE Tsubaki or something. I have to admit, instead of (almost) free stocks i'd prefer they bumped up the damage of some of her moves. Maybe they're waiting until the next game
where Tsubaki loses her sight completely
and that makes her stronger?
This is only the first pass but so far not liking what I'm seeing...:lol

Top Bottom