• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MrMephistoX said:
Is there a Gaf Chat running for Blazblue? Tried searching through online matchup and didn't find anything. Just ogt the game.

On PS3? Yeah, but no one seems to use it. :lol

Also I may be in the minority, but I really want Jubei to join the fight. Given the story line and how he's supposed to be all powerful and knows all the fighters, I'd like him to be included (even if he's like Judgement in GG and breaks the game :lol )

We already have Hazama, Rachel for two of the six heros. What's one more?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TheSeks said:
We already have Hazama, Rachel for two of the six heros. What's one more?
1417aiw.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Patch notes from DustLoop

PS3 patch - 9/20 Valk - 9/21 (JPN time)
360 patch/Valk - delayed

System changes & bug fixes
- Trophy/Acheivement update w/ Valk DLC
- Faster matching speed in Ranked Matches
- Fixed a problem where some effects didn't disappear, which made the game have to process more info.
- On Kagatsuchi Port (Rain) stage, fixed a problem where an environmental sound effect didn't play correctly
- Fixed a problem where under certain circumstances if you choose Makoto in Player Matches the character select screen glitched.
- Fixed a problem in training mode where sound effects may not stop under certain conditions.
- Game now autosaves after completing each mission in challenge mode, you no longer have to go back to the main menu to save progress for that.
- Now when clearing score attack, your final score is displayed (this wasn't done before? never played score attack)
- Fixed the problem where in Legion mode DLC character portrait icons appeared, even though they're unusable in Legion mode.
- In network mode it remembers the last character you chose, and defaults to them.
- On network mode results after matches, "Used character PSR" and "Top PSR" information is displayed.
- Fixed a problem where in Ranked Matches / Quick Match the matching system would lock up and not advance.
- When training in ranked / player matches, on the character select screen you can now hit select/back to return to the room.
- Fixed some typos.

Character adjustments & bug fixes
- Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl's Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.
- Fixed a problem where when using Taokaka's DLC colors, the displayed effects became distorted.
- Fixed a problem where icons sometimes did not display correctly near the health guage when Nirvana dies.
- In challenge mode, when using Λ-11's gravity well, the gauge auto-refills (I guess after dropping the combo, so you no longer have to wait for it to recharge)
- Fixed a problem which caused v-13's ghost merging with Λ-11 during her intro vs. Ragna to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem where if you pause during Tsubaki install the sound effect loops (or if you reset in training mode lol)
- Fixed a problem where under certain conditions after using Hazama's Jakou the effects didn't disappear properly after the move executes.
- Fixed a problem where Hazama didn't use the correct voice set vs. certain characters in Network Mode.
- Fixed a problem with V-13's voice set in Network Mode.
- Changes made to how Makoto's Space Counter (Parry) functions. (Probably goodbye parry loop imo)
- Changed something about how holding the D button to charge Makoto's Big Bang Smash and Planet Crusher.
- Changes made to Makoto's beginner mode.
- Fixed a problem where during Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral her crest effect didn't display.
- Fixed the problem where after getting hit by Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral you could still move around sometimes.

PS3 Specific fix:
- Fixed a problem where after clearing score attack and uploading your score, it wasn't registered.

360 Specific fix:
- Fixed a problem where PSR was added during Player Matches.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9792-BBCS-News-only.-Anything-else-TEMPBAN.-Valkenhayn-DLC!-BBCS-2-for-arcades!&p=762279&viewfull=1#post762279

h3ro

_dementia said:
Oh, that's right Valk is this week! I'm excited.

Not for me. :/

I hope that 360-PS3 stick converter I ordered works well, I'd double dip on this and Super just so I can be in the PSN chats. :lol

I'll be participating in Extra Life. I'm considering playing BB for a few hours during the event. Anybody interested in punching me around?

Probably lots of BB, PSP2, and maybe FME if that doesn't stink.

Fugu

Fugu said:
Is the patch only out in Japan? I have the Japanese version and all of a sudden I can't get a ping above 0.
Can I get an answer to this? Either the patch isn't out for the American version and that's what's causing my problems, or 1.02 has completely broken the matchmaking for me.

Fugu said:
Can I get an answer to this? Either the patch isn't out for the American version and that's what's causing my problems, or 1.02 has completely broken the matchmaking for me.

From the rumors that I've been hearing, there's gonna be a PSN downtime tomorrow so the updates are tonight (including Valkenhayn DLC).

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
From the rumors that I've been hearing, there's gonna be a PSN downtime tomorrow so the updates are tonight (including Valkenhayn DLC).
Oh okay so they're not out in the US, then? I already have 1.02 because I have the Japanese version of the game.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
You're right... not yet.
Okay good. Because seriously, today and yesterday have both been entirely unplayable because of the lag (...much like those few weeks when the US version couldn't play with Japan).

Fugu said:
Okay good. Because seriously, today and yesterday have both been entirely unplayable because of the lag (...much like those few weeks when the US version couldn't play with Japan).

new patch is up though :D still no valk though :(

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
new patch is up though :D still no valk though :(
Yeah, the patch basically just adds the portrait with which to taunt you. The little touches (like the PSR display at the results screen and saving your character selection) make me sooo happy though. To think of the time I wasted picking the same character 1500 times...

TheSeks

No Valk this week for the US it seems. So much anger. >:|

-PXG-

I will DL the patch in the morning. I'm already downloading four things from the PS Store and other shit from XBL. Good thing I don't live in Europe :lol

TheSeks

-PXG- said:
I will DL the patch in the morning. I'm already downloading four things from the PS Store and other shit from XBL. Good thing I don't live in Europe :lol

Probably won't be able to get the patch tomorrow due to PSN downtime.

That said, you aren't missing much other than Valk taunting you with "LOL I'M ON THE JAPAN STORE ONLY AND NOT IN THE US. NYAH-NYAH!"

-PXG-

TheSeks said:
Probably won't be able to get the patch tomorrow due to PSN downtime.

That said, you aren't missing much other than Valk taunting you with "LOL I'M ON THE JAPAN STORE ONLY AND NOT IN THE US. NYAH-NYAH!"
PSN down time? I'm usually on the up and up. Shit. I hope my downloads finish in time.

Volcynika

Hm, so a bug was introduced with the PS3 patch or something?

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/895

Details about it in there, but breakdown

PS3: Patch has been released, DLC will be released on the 28th. Installing the patch, however, will introduce a crash bug. Arc has suggested a work-around, described above (go to the link). They are working on a fix, but as of this moment there is no projected date for when that fix will be released.

360: Patch and DLC have both been delayed, due to an issue with Microsoft's servers. There is currently no projected date for when the issue will be resolved.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
SolarPowered said:
Valk is gonna eat everyone's health for breakfast.

damn

No kidding. That last combo was ridiculous. Took off three-quarters of health even without the DD.

TheSeks

WTF @ Jin's Gag ending and "Help me, Ms. Kokonoe!" :lol :lol

TheSeks

El Sloth said:
Jin is the best character.

"Brother #3 are you okay? You're not bored are you? I know the MC is a terrible piece of trash."

"Piece of trash? :("

Poor Noel, getting shat on all over the place. Poor Ragna having to put up with Jin's obsession.

TheSeks said:
What do the 0/1/2/3/4 mean anyway?

it's the joystick inputs. Instead of using F, B, U, D, etc etc, BB uses the number notation:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

So 5 would be neutral, 6 would be forward, 4 would be back, 8 is up, 2 is down and the others are the corners.

xero273

Prototype-03 said:
it's the joystick inputs. Instead of using F, B, U, D, etc etc, BB uses the number notation:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

So 5 would be neutral, 6 would be forward, 4 would be back, 8 is up, 2 is down and the others are the corners.

I think he is talking about the connection indicator for online matches. I assume it is like SSFIV the higher the number the better the connection.

TheSeks

Prototype-03 said:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Nooooo. I'm talking the connection indicator. The manual for the PS3 version is SPARSE and doesn't explain it. The in-game stuff doesn't explain it either.

Is giving a ping number REALLY that hard for console developers? :|

Coeliacus

High numbers are good from what I can tell. My indicator will often be four-white while people in my city are three-green, and international will be zero-red.

Zanken said:
High numbers are good from what I can tell. My indicator will often be four-white while people in my city are three-green, and international will be zero-red.
Yeah, it's pretty much this. Highest numbers are the best connections while the lowest indicate a slower connection. It's a pretty easy connection to make when you see that the European/Japanese rooms are always red. Most of the 3+ people are always from some city in the US.

You start to see a pattern if you watch closely.

TheSeks

Wow, the AI doesn't crap itself in Score Attack with 1.02 patch applied. Well, they will but they will attempt to break it. Crazy.

Hakumen is slightly less insane, but still kicking my ass. Goddamn it. >_<

Edit: FINALLY. Beat Hakumen, Hazama (insane, but easy to make his AI crap itself if you put him the corner and spam projectiles), Ragna (close call, crapped his AI in the corner).

Now fucking Rachel is pissing me off. Holy fuck Arc. How the fuck does her character suddenly gain insane heat + electrical attacks out the ass. FFFFFFFFF.

Edit2: FUCKING FINALLY.

SCORE ATTACK BEATEN.

*flips off Unlimited Hakumen and Rachel*

Fuck you both up your asses, you annoying AI combo spammers and infinite DD gain. :| :( :mad:

Not playing that mode again. Next up on the list is torturing myself in playing Hell Arcade mode and beating Hazama (not for the trophy there, since I got it in Score Attack just now) to beat Hell Arcade/trophy for it. Oh god. D:

Haha, oh wow. 2058 on the PS3 Score Attack Leaderboards. Guess there aren't that many Masochists on the PS3. :lol

TheSeks said:
Nooooo. I'm talking the connection indicator. The manual for the PS3 version is SPARSE and doesn't explain it. The in-game stuff doesn't explain it either.

Is giving a ping number REALLY that hard for console developers? :|

Oh yeah, that makes more sense... DUR. But yeah, those numbers aren't that accurate... All I know is that the higher it is, the better it is.

Anyway, more Valkenhayn matches... 2nd and 3rd are Valk matches... http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12239874

TheSeks

Weird. I've had 2/3 bar games and they've been lag free. So I dunno if higher is better. But I'm going to assume you're right.

I wish it was easy to understand, meanwhile.

That said: Got "Hell Yes"/beat Arcade mode on "Hell" difficulty. Wasn't that hard compared to the insane AI of Score Attack. Beginner Mode Jin + cheesing the same cheese tactics in Score Attack made all the AI crap themselves. Ragna/Unlimited was the "HOLY FUCK" moment, but he crapped himself except for one time where he gained some of my health with a combo (bastard. :|) and ate a DD finish because of it. That said, no close calls but did lose a few first turn rounds.

Dunno if I'd play that difficulty (Hell) again with non-cheese tactics, but it is LESS insane than the score attack AI.

xero273

What does a name in red mean again? Does it mean they disconnected too many times or they are laggy? was fighting someone like that twice in a row last night. laggy as crap. second match against them the game froze up for 10 seconds a couple times before something happen.

Top Bottom