• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Dreavus

Prototype-03 said:
I agree, we can get a small number -- I'd say 16 is pushing it. I can probably get some other people involved, but it's going to be outside of GAF.

edit: Dreavus doesn't count. He doesn't play anyway.

What'd you say about me?? :mad:

I just got AC2, gimme a break! :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
QisTopTier said:
Ewww a stick get those things away from me :lol PAD4LIFE *cause my hand is busted*

:lol In all honesty, I brought it up as I don't want to pay $150 just to suck even more with another controller I can only use with three (on PS3, MvC2, BBCS, SSF4) or more (PC, MAME and GGPO?) games to suck even worse than I do with a pad at. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually, one of the prizes would be a BB TE stick. One of 1500. Since we can't get that number. Too bad.

But if you want to run a small tourney and win let's say, like 20 different variations of pocky, a GS gift card and a bunch of other stuff, we can still do it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
:lol In all honesty, I brought it up as I don't want to pay $150 just to suck even more with another controller I can only use with three (on PS3, MvC2, BBCS, SSF4) or more (PC, MAME and GGPO?) games to suck even worse than I do with a pad at. :lol

Psh man I'd use it on sidescrollers like castle crashers and shit too :lol

Kadey said:
Actually, one of the prizes would be a BB TE stick. One of 1500. Since we can't get that number. Too bad.

But if you want to run a small tourney and win let's say, like 20 different variations of pocky, a GS gift card and a bunch of other stuff, we can still do it.

Q will most likely win anyway... And his hand is busted

TheSeks

Kadey said:

OH SNAP!

Someone post on Dustloop and have people say they're from GAF, quickly! :lol

Prototype said:
Q will most likely win anyway... And his hand is busted

If only Lambada wasn't a glass cannon, so I could cheese rush people. :(

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
Oh dear random select xD scary I can only use like 1 character :lol

Pssh. The only person you probably couldn't use is Rachel
damn flower shocking spammer
. Every other character, while different in "play" is very similar in motions/combat.

Edit: Oh, god. Carl... isn't that bad, but I think you have to DDDDDDDDDDDDD for Nirvana. Noel's damage is the only bad thing about her/nerfed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Every other character, while different in "play" is very similar in motions/combat.

What? I didnt know Makoto played like Lambda, and Valk played like Mu, and Hazama played like Carl, and by play I mean they all dont even fight or move the same xD

*edit* it would seem I have double posted like a dumb ass hurray!

TheSeks said:
Pssh. The only person you probably couldn't use is Rachel
damn flower shocking spammer
. Every other character, while different in "play" is very similar in motions/combat.

Edit: Oh, god. Carl... isn't that bad, but I think you have to DDDDDDDDDDDDD for Nirvana. Noel's damage is the only bad thing about her/nerfed.

Carl is one of the HARDEST (or quite possibly the hardest) character to use... but has one of the best rewards to learn him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
16 players by later tonight when I come back. 3-4 hours from now. PS3 or 360. Q uses random select only. Best out of the most rounds or whatever. Make it happen.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
16 players by later tonight when I come back. 3-4 hours from now. PS3 or 360. Q uses random select only. Best out of the most rounds or whatever. Make it happen.

The hell D= I am hated, PROTO IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS ME! I SWEAR! He's played the game longer than me too! :lol

*edit* we play each other everyday bastard trying to sabotage me!

Kadey said:

LOL! Don't make him use random select. BB is ridiculous on learning new characters.

edit: We can try to have 16 players, but most likely going to have to pull some players outside of the forums... I can probably ask Zong or Choysauce from DL but not sure if they'd be willing to play.

ALSO, anyone who wants to be added to the PSN BBCS chat, PLEASE add me. I've had MANY people add me... I would send out requests to the chat... they ended up not joining nor seen them play BB.

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
What? I didnt know Makoto played like Lambda, and Valk played like Mu, and Hazama played like Carl, and by play I mean they all dont even fight or move the same xD

*edit* it would seem I have double posted like a dumb ass hurray!

They're playstyles are different, which is the only thing that makes them "hard" to learn. At the core, they're all similar in in play (with the exception of Rachel's playstyle), from motions (QCF/QCB/HCF/HCB/360's/blah blah blah) and movements.

The only hard part is learning their "playstyle"/nuances, IMO. While it isn't Street Fighter "everyone plays damn near the same" level, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be in BB. But maybe that's just me.

You won't be good, but you could be playable with most characters after the basic movesets and they're "playstyle" is told to you, I think, anyway.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
You won't be good, but you could be playable with most characters after the basic movesets and they're "playstyle" is told to you, I think, anyway.

If you are not busting out half life combos with a character its not playable :lol (every character can do this Im just saying if you yourself cant do it you dont have a chance)

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
If you are not busting out half life combos with a character its not playable :lol (every character can do this Im just saying if you yourself cant do it you dont have a chance)

I guess, in top level play... yeah. But in casual/don't-give-a-fuck play you probably wouldn't be too hosed in random selects.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
I guess, in top level play... yeah. But in casual/don't-give-a-fuck play you probably wouldn't be too hosed in random selects.

My friends are all serious face players xD So even our casuals are... uncasual

TheSeks

xero273 said:
Q vs proto first match!!

:lol

I'd play in the tournament, just for the arcade stick. Only to lose my first round, natch. :lol

Markman, give arcade stick, plz? :(

ALSO, anyone who wants to be added to the PSN BBCS chat, PLEASE add me. I've had MANY people add me... I would send out requests to the chat... they ended up not joining nor seen them play BB.

Everytime I join no one is in it. :/ I don't really like playing fighting games with random public people (numerous ZOMG YOU SUCK messages. :|), so I haven't played BB online much because GAF's PS3 BB community is dead (I think Xero is on 3.41 with his Jailbroken PS3 so he hasn't been online much?). :/

Dreavus

TheSeks said:

I dunno, even at low-ish level play, the game is balanced around a character's combo potential (among other things). You can get counter hit after counter hit but if you can't capitalize on it for the damage, you're going to lose to someone who knows basic bnb combos. This is true for a lot of fighters but seems more pronounced in BB (I guess because combos are generally pretty long?)

I've tried playing Litchi and Carl just for kicks against buds and it's so hard to do anything without having practiced at least a little bit. ><

TheSeks

Prototype-03 said:
Are you on PSN? We could run some matches.

I'm in the PS3 chatroom right now if you want to play a few player matches and easily win against my Lambada. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Everytime I join no one is in it. :/ I don't really like playing fighting games with random public people (numerous ZOMG YOU SUCK messages. :|), so I haven't played BB online much because GAF's PS3 BB community is dead (I think Xero is on 3.41 with his Jailbroken PS3 so he hasn't been online much?). :/

Me and Proto play almost everyday :lol

LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME TO HOP ON ... btw proto's noob ass is coming home from work.

Kadey said:

How about everyone uses random? that's the only way to make it fair. :lol

Solune

Dreavus said:
I dunno, even at low-ish level play, the game is balanced around a character's combo potential (among other things). You can get counter hit after counter hit but if you can't capitalize on it for the damage, you're going to lose to someone who knows basic bnb combos. This is true for a lot of fighters but seems more pronounced in BB (I guess because combos are generally pretty long?)

I've tried playing Litchi and Carl just for kicks against buds and it's so hard to do anything without having practiced at least a little bit. ><

Pretty much this, I've been going through the challenges of characters slowly and like I've come to the conclusion where if you can at least do the practical combos and learn some bnb combos you'll be ok playing that character. But for the life of me I can't get certain combos down because of my execution =/. Anyways I'll help out with the 16 player count. My PSN is Sollune if someone wants to shoot me an invite to BBCS Gafchat.

TheSeks

Q... is... too... good. Gah... *keels over dead*

I can't do anything against him, he traps me in the corner and it's like "STOP HITTING ME DADDY! STOP HITTING ME DADDY!" :lol

xero273

TheSeks said:
:lol

yep, I don't want to update because maybe something awesome will happen in the homebrew community, but everytime I look at my bbcs, I have the urge to update. I could probably borrow my friend's ps3 for this tournament if it happens.

I haven't updated either. Hell, I haven't played my tripin is several weeks. I don't even have the Valkenhayn patch :lol
I do play at my friend's place once a week or so. I'm so rusty.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:

I can't do anything against him, he traps me in the corner and it's like "STOP HITTING ME DADDY! STOP HITTING ME DADDY!" :lol

I'm not that good >.>

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
I'm not that good >.>

Certainly corner trapped me and I couldn't do anything to escape. Try to wake up and BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. I was pretty deer in the headlights on that.

It might as well be PS3 right now.

The BB community on the 360 has been endangered from the start.

Edit:
It's been a long time since I've gotten my ass thoroughly kicked. I wish I could actually play against Q to see what all the fuss is about.

TheSeks

SolarPowered said:
It's been a long time since I've gotten my ass thoroughly kicked. I wish I could actually play against Q to see what all the fuss is about.

THE WHEEL OF FATE IS TURNING...

REBEL ONE...

ACTION!

(Makoto/Q backdash, forward dash and begin attack. Attack connects)
(Makoto unleashes the fucking fury, BOUNCE! WALL BOUNCE! WALL BOUNCE! WALL BOUNCE TO THE EDGE OF STAGE! BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE!)
"STOP HITTING ME DADDY! STOP HITTING ME DADDY! :("
(Try to wake up, only to have Makoto bounce you again. Get thrown in the air, try to get out with wake-up, doesn't happen. Burst. Makoto thrown across the screen only to piss Q off and go back to being bounced)

16 times was my experience. Just geez. :/

I mean I'm sitting there holding block and just being hit with no recovery. I'm not sure if it was lag or hitstun but it was insane.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Prototype-03 said:
edit 2:
KADEY, I'm still holding you for this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20771362&postcount=30037

I have not forgotten... XMAS IS COMING SOON!

The hell? I don't even remember who you are let alone me saying that. :lol

Well. A promise is a promise. Just tell me what drinks you like.

Those were the days when the community was much more active and entertaining.

I can't do anything against him, he traps me in the corner and it's like "STOP HITTING ME DADDY! STOP HITTING ME DADDY!"
Wow. If I've gotten beaten that bad, I'd call him daddy too. Well. If we have the tourney. Q has to do opponent select. Which means whomever he plays, he has to pick the character they want him to pick. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
SolarPowered said:
It might as well be PS3 right now.

The BB community on the 360 has been endangered from the start.

Edit:
I haven't played for almost a month now :/

Haven't even got the patch yet. I was waiting for either you or Papercuts to play again but all I see now is "REACH: Matchmaking" :lol

Tomorrow I'll start a rust lobby

Kadey said:
Wow. If I've gotten beaten that bad, I'd call him daddy too. Well. If we have the tourney. Q has to do opponent select. Which means whomever he plays, he has to pick the character they want him to pick. :D

If we get some advance notice and you hold it over the weekend, we'll get plenty of people to join.

faridmon

I am enjoying the game more but struggling to string easy combos with Noal.
I would love to be in the tournement if i knew how to play at all :/

What did J.D. stand for again?

xero273

faridmon said:
I am enjoying the game more but struggling to string easy combos with Noal.
I would love to be in the tournement if i knew how to play at all :/

What did J.D. stand for again?

jump drive.

Pandaman said:
is plat out or do i still have time? >_>
You're safe for at least another month or so, I think. Valk just came out and Plat doesn't have a release date yet.
I will update the OP to reflect this.

Kadey said:
The hell? I don't even remember who you are let alone me saying that. :lol

Well. A promise is a promise. Just tell me what drinks you like.

Those were the days when the community was much more active and entertaining.

That's what I'm here for... to remind you. Too bad I stopped playing SSF4 or I'd still be posting in the SSF4 thread... I'm BBCS exclusive for now. It's okay, I'll remind you again in the SSF4 thread sometime soon :lol

Kadey said:

NOOOO... don't make him do that. I mean, he's hard to beat, but I've gotten out of his pressure before. BB REALLY plays differently with each character. Can't really play with just basics alone.

gutabo

Ok, I want to get started on this game. I have not played BB:CT. I have played all forms of street fighter, tekken, mortal combat, etc etc including all guilty gears. Anyone can give me a place to start?

Lastly, a question: I used Zappa in GG(amongst many others), is Carl similar to Zappa with dog ghost? Thanks in advance!

gutabo said:
Ok, I want to get started on this game. I have not played BB:CT. I have played all forms of street fighter, tekken, mortal combat, etc etc including all guilty gears. Anyone can give me a place to start?
If you're learning system basics, it would be wise to use the in-game tutorial. It's actually pretty good.

gutabo said:
Lastly, a question: I used Zappa in GG(amongst many others), is Carl similar to Zappa with dog ghost? Thanks in advance!
A number of Zappa players took to Carl when CT came out, but I don't feel they're all that similar outside of using the automaton for mixups and such. I played Zappa in GG, but I really gravitated towards Hazama in this game for some reason and he became my main.

The easiest character to start with is Ragna. He is also pretty high tier, so if you choose to stick with him, he's more than tourney viable.

Ashkeloth

gutabo said:

Dustloop is pretty much the hub for people who want to learn to play Blazblue properly. You can pretty much learn anything from the most basic combos to the most adanced. That said, the game contains a really awesome (and fully voiced) tutorial to get you to grips with the mechanics, and the challenge mode contains lots of combos that are actually pretty viable (outside of a few characters) in real matches.

As for Zappa, Carl is sort of similar to him with the dog ghost, but another viable main for you would be Arakune. I'd say he's actually closer to Zappa than Carl is by quite a bit.

If you've played some Guilty Gear, you should be able to fit into Blazblue pretty easily. It's actually easier to play than Guilty Gear too.

Most of the characters in Blazblue have some pretty big Guilty Gear inspirations to their movelists too. I'll throw in a quick roundup of who is the most similar to who just incase you still haven't decided your main:

Ragna - Sol (Mad rushdown)
Jin - Ky (Shoto but not)
Noel - Millia (I guess)
Rachel - Testament (Traps everywhere)
Litchi - Jam
Taokaka - Bizarro Chip (Fastest Character, low damage per hit, but not the same style of play)
Carl - Zappa x Eddie (Good keep away, and control of multiple characters, but really hard to play right)
Bang - Anji x Chipp x Jam (Fast, good rushdown, auto block on certain moves)
Arakune - Zappa x Testament (Traps + Keepaway + Massive combos under certain conditions)
Tager - Potemkin (Slow ass, big damage grappler)
Hakumen - Johnny (relatively slow moving but big damage)
Mu-12 - Dizzy (Projectiles everywhere)
V-13 - Dizzy (Again)
Tsubaki - Order Sol (Charging for better attacks)
Hazama - Axl (Long Range attacks, used to rushdown)
Makoto - Sort of her own thing. Best description I've seen is "Hot shots golf in a fighting game"
Valkenhyn - Parts Slayer, but also mostly doing his own thing

Apologies if I offended anyone with my above comparisons because of how terrible they might be. I really didn't play all that much Guilty Gear.

Edit: Hell yeah, longwinded page snipe.

Top Bottom