• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

This is exciting news. Unfortunately I have to wait until Thursday to get it. I had wanted to start playing online too. I didn't want to play with random people because I'm not the greatest player around and I'd like to avoid hate mail for sucking. Didn't know if people around here still played this game online?

Volcynika

I know I've been very absent, I'm thinking of the best night to set aside for just this game, but I'm having trouble doing that! :lol I bought Valk though, so he's ready to go.

When you can work something out let us know. By playing better opponents I can probably learn some things and get better. And I'd like to start working towards those player and ranked match trophies too. I still need to get Makoto too. I've really been spending time with this game lately. I got it when it came out but just didn't give it attention until recently.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, if PSN GAF could set a date, I'd play online.

As it is, I really need to sit down and hash out the 99 ranked matches I have left and then forget that option exists. Hate playing ranked matches in any game. So stupid to require a trophy/achievement for them. :|

That said...

Valk is pretty cool, but a little hard to use. It seems like the majority of his attacking is 236's, mostly 236A 236B->236B or 236C. He can't grab, unless he's in wolf form (D button) to 236D. :/

Valk's challenges, meanwhile are pretty easy up to 4.

I'm stuck at Wolf: A->B->236B/236B->214A. :/ Can't seem to launch Bang up. Argh.

And I still can't figure out how you're supposed to "parry" for Makoto's challenge #1 move. :/

TheSeks

HOLY SHIT AT HELLSING'S ASTRAL.

I can watch this over and over and over.

So awesome watching the character you grabbed go upwards to the moon. :lol

Hyphen

Prototype-03 said:
OMG, just found the best Valk so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQmMpsWYMI

I am nowhere close to that level =/

I can't believe how some gamers can get this good with a new character so quickly. I'm literally still trying to come to terms with what Valkenhayn can do as a human. Haven't even tried to mix in the wolf yet. Ah well, I can definitely learn some stuff from this guy. Thanks for posting this Prototyp-03.

(Is it me, or does that wolf-form bite/grab do some serious damage [2300]!?!?!?)

Hyphen said:
I can't believe how some gamers can get this good with a new character so quickly. I'm literally still trying to come to terms with what Valkenhayn can do as a human. Haven't even tried to mix in the wolf yet. Ah well, I can definitely learn some stuff from this guy. Thanks for posting this Prototyp-03.

(Is it me, or does that wolf-form bite/grab do some serious damage [2300]!?!?!?)

Well, keep in mind that this char has been out for over a week for JPN players so it's not as crazy as US players trying to play at that level but you're right... It's still pretty ridiculous.

The wolf-form command grab in the corner leads to 4k meterless, I believe.

Anyway, are you on PSN? Maybe we could get some matches in.

edit: Also ggs to ApolloJoe, Q and LyteEdge yesterday... Had some pretty good matches yesterday night. Too bad my Valk blows.

Hyphen

Prototype-03 said:
Well, keep in mind that this char has been out for over a week for JPN players so it's not as crazy as US players trying to play at that level but you're right... It's still pretty ridiculous.

The wolf-form command grab in the corner leads to 4k meterless, I believe.

Anyway, are you on PSN? Maybe we could get some matches in.

edit: Also ggs to ApolloJoe, Q and LyteEdge yesterday... Had some pretty good matches yesterday night. Too bad my Valk blows.

Just over a week is still a short time to get that good (IMHO). In comparison, I've been maining Ragna since Calamity Trigger, and I still haven't mastered the best way to use 'blood kain'. Who knows though, maybe I'm just being too hard on myself.

And yep, I'm on PSN, name is Vebansen.

Hyphen said:
Just over a week is still a short time to get that good (IMHO). In comparison, I've been maining Ragna since Calamity Trigger, and I still haven't mastered the best way to use 'blood kain'. Who knows though, maybe I'm just being too hard on myself.

Okay, sounds good. I'll try to add you but not sure if I'm playing tonight. Mine is Prototype-03 if you want to add me first 'cause I might forget :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Prototype-03 said:
OMG, just found the best Valk so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQmMpsWYMI

I am nowhere close to that level =/

Christ, every time I see this guy in action I can't help but think he's going to get his damage nerfed. Killing the opponent in two combos is ridiculous. He's not even having to use rapid cancels to get these crazy combos, he just burns the heat via DD's.

Does he have horribly bad recovery or something? Vunerable to rushdowns? Anything?

TheSeks

Dreavus said:
Holy crap. That Arakune didn't know what the hell was going on.

That said, the first round perfect was insane. Too much pressure from Valk and he knew his chains.

TheSeks

ZealousD said:
Does he have horribly bad recovery or something? Vunerable to rushdowns? Anything?

He can't grab, unless he's in wolf form.

Most of his attacks are 236/QCF+A/B/C, he has normals (which aren't that great, IIRC) and easy specials that have to link with QCF/QCB's.

If you can get in close and get in before he can input his commands, you can probably throw him to death, but yeah: He needs a minor nerf if he's gaining heat like he is with 4K un-heated damage. But I guess that's what the CS2 patch is for.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hyphen said:

The best way to use blood kain is to combo into it..... btw ragna is one of the EASIEST characters to use...... and valk sorta has the same basics.... sorta, just all those times where you were unsafe are now replaced by a retarded looking wolf zipping away.

btw his weakness is pressure.

TheSeks said:
He can't grab, unless he's in wolf form.

Most of his attacks are 236/QCF+A/B/C, he has normals (which aren't that great, IIRC) and easy specials that have to link with QCF/QCB's.

If you can get in close and get in before he can input his commands, you can probably throw him to death, but yeah: He needs a minor nerf if he's gaining heat like he is with 4K un-heated damage. But I guess that's what the CS2 patch is for.

Yeah he can. He has a normal throw.

edit: His normals are REALLY good. A little on the slow side but still beats a lot of moves because of guard points/invul frames. They also have ridiculous reach... his 5C extends like 25% of the screen or something like that. His human ground specials aren't the best though. After a 236A, even on hit, he can't follow up with anything unless it's a rapid... then it leads to a ridiculous 5k+ combo. His 236C ONLY combos from a crouched opponent (which is okay if the combo contains a 6B before inputting 236C since that forces crouch). 236B -> 236B also cannot be followed up unless it's in the corner (and I THINK it needs a rapid... could be wrong though). The trade off from that is that when he CAN combo, he doesn't do less then 4k damage, even without DD.

His mobility is the main issue... He can't dash... only hop. Yeah, in wolf form, you can zoom around, but you can't block, plus you have limited time with the wolf (also, full screen DDs really own the wolf). Also, he can't maintain pressure. He has a lot of tech traps and a lot of moves can be wolf cancelled, but they're still pretty risky, considering some characters can keep pressure for 5+ secs without real punishment.

All in all though, I don't see why Valkenhayn won't be top tier.

edit 2: I also had a lol moment with Q yesterday. Valk's 6A beats projectiles CLEAN. It blocked out Makoto's projectile without any real problems.

1. How well can I do with DS3? DOn't want to buy a stick for just one game.

2. Anyone from Europe playing NTSC version? Does lag make network games unplayable?

Loam

So has there been any talk of patching in the DLC characters for arcade and conquest? Is there some technical reason they haven't done it yet? I feel kind of silly paying almost $10 for a character (albeit a very good character) and not being able to use them in several major game modes.

Wren said:
So has there been any talk of patching in the DLC characters for arcade and conquest? Is there some technical reason they haven't done it yet? I feel kind of silly paying almost $10 for a character (albeit a very good character) and not being able to use them in several major game modes.
No, there hasn't been any word from Arc, but it'll probably turn out like this. :lol
Yeah, I want it too.

0980b7749d13feb9e5f40f85b40ae7a21357734133.jpg

Hyphen

Castor Krieg said:
1. How well can I do with DS3? DOn't want to buy a stick for just one game.

2. Anyone from Europe playing NTSC version? Does lag make network games unplayable?

2. Not really. It works as it should - Play someone in Europe, and it's pretty smooth. Play someone in the US or Japan and it's not as smooth, but not unplayable (letting the intro fight scene load can help a bit). Of the 250 or so 'ranked' matches I've played, I've only encountered 2 or 3 'unplayable' matches. When in 'player' rooms, I have a friend from Europe, and some from the US. I get a '3' connection against my European friend, which means the majority of my matches against him are lag free. But I get a '0' (or '1') for the guys in the US, which makes things a teeny bit laggy (but not unplayable).

Dizzy-4U

Finally got the game today. It's all very nice and..HOLY SHIET! TSUBAKI JUST DID NIBELUNG VELESTI???!!!!!

I'm already in love with this game.

xero273

Dizzy-4U said:
Finally got the game today. It's all very nice and..HOLY SHIET! TSUBAKI JUST DID NIBELUNG VELESTI???!!!!!

I'm already in love with this game.

but too bad she is low tier :lol

I main tsubaki :(

Dizzy-4U

xero273 said:
but too bad she is low tier :lol

I main tsubaki :(
Haha, thanks for the data. I always like to play the uphill battle ( I main Makoto in SSFIV after all ), so no concerns there :)

By the way, I just hit story mode for the first time and ended with some weird ass ghost/pirate story with Ragna. I still have tears of laughter in my eyes. It was fantastic (excellent voice acting).

Dreavus

Heretic Kazuma said:
No, there hasn't been any word from Arc, but it'll probably turn out like this. :lol
Yeah, I want it too.

http://blazen.thecomicseries.com/images/comics/0980b7749d13feb9e5f40f85b40ae7a21357734133.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This made me laugh more than it should have :lol

TheSeks

Kadey said:
If I can get 32 people, I'll run a BB tournament.

Sadly, you ain't going to be able to do that. BB:CS seems to be the "niche animu fighter" on GAF. I'm not even sure Calamity Trigger is being played by GAF anymore. They're all SSF4. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well, livelihood is down across the genre for the most part (on GAF), it's apparent to me that besides SSFIV, this is the only active game being played. It is what it is. Anything is better than nothing. I just wanted to give out stuff. Main reason why I'm here these days. :D

Dreavus

Well, I think there are a decent amount of us on here, but we're also split across platforms. Might have a hard time getting 32. =/

I agree, we can get a small number -- I'd say 16 is pushing it. I can probably get some other people involved, but it's going to be outside of GAF.

edit: Dreavus doesn't count. He doesn't play anyway.

TheSeks

Dreavus said:
Well, I think there are a decent amount of us on here, but we're also split across platforms. Might have a hard time getting 32. =/

I think a majority of you (6 of the regulars) is on 360? Three or four of us (including myself, who has no chance of winning any tournament) is on PS3?

Kadey said:
Anything is better than nothing. I just wanted to give out stuff. Main reason why I'm here these days.

Well, you could do it... it's just you're not going to get the magical "32" you're wanting from this, sorry (much to my dismay) to say. :(

Edit: Well, unless you go to outside communities like Dustloop. BB doesn't seem to have the major following power of Super Street 4. :/

TheSeks said:
Three or four of us (including myself, who has no chance of winning any tournament) is on PS3?

I've seen more than 3-4 on PSN... I've played with Fygu, Q, Kiunch, Sephiroth and ApolloJoe... I've never played with you though. And I haven't seen Akachan or Dreavus in a while... Those Jin quitters.

I mean, it's not a huge number at ALL to host a good tourney.

edit:
QisTopTier said:
Me and proto are so awesome we will count for 10 people each.... ok maybe not :lol

does this mean I get 10 chances while everyone else has 1? I'M IN

edit 2:
KADEY, I'm still holding you for this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20771362&postcount=30037

I have not forgotten... XMAS IS COMING SOON!

TheSeks

Prototype-03 said:
I've seen more than 3-4 on PSN... I've played with Fygu, Q, Kiunch, Sephiroth and ApolloJoe... I've never played with you though. And I haven't seen Akachan or Dreavus in a while... Those Jin quitters.

I mean, it's not a huge number at ALL to host a good tourney.

Yeah, I haven't been playing online and I haven't played BB in a week. I need to, but Bad Company 2PS3GAF holds my evenings and nights hostage (well, until I get to 50 once that's done I'll be playing it on occasionally while learning fighters the majority of my game time...)

I'm sure if Kadey wanted to do a small prize/tourney she could probably get a few of us together to do it, but it wouldn't be great like you said... yeah. :/

I wonder if Kadey could get Markman to throw in a fighting stick, I'm sure that would be some people to CS (and make me jump in to try to win a free stick to suck just as bad as I do on pad with. :lol )

Top Bottom