• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

xero273

Prototype-03 said:
OK guys, I just need 4 more people to step it up for the PS3 tourney. If you're available, PLEASE join... Otherwise it'd be a rather boring tourney.

GAF - PSN
Prototype-03 - Prototype-03
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
AkachanNingen - Akachan Ningen
SephirothRK - SephirothRK
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen

Volcynika said:
Needs more Valk!

Come on Volc, join. Show them your scrub noel.

So the following people are in:

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen

People that might be joining:
GAF - PSN
flightofheaven - flightofheaven
Volcynika - Volcynika
Ronin - RoninRevolver

If those 3 join, we will just be one short.

DY_nasty said:
Good games tonight guys.

TTOB has come a long ways
especially against me lol

Thanks.

Something this week just clicked and I've managed to get some of Tager's chain combos to work. :lol Now I just need to learn a good variety of useful attacks so that I can mix it up.

Still have trouble blocking your robololi low/high mix ups.

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, good games everybody.

Not feeling too good about my performance, but I guess it should be expected at this point.

Oh you! >:|

Also that one guy (level 60) that was in the room that kept using a variety of characters was really good. Something with a One in his name IIRC? For some reason my XBL players met list hasn't been updating.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Prototype-03 said:
So the following people are in:

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen

GAF - PSN
Volcynika - Volcynika
Ronin - RoninRevolver

If those 3 join, we will just be one short.

If you need another punching bag, I'll join.

Lyte Edge said:
If you need another punching bag, I'll join.

We might have 16 total depending if the people at the bottom are joining. But please let me know if you're still interested.

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge

GAF - PSN
Volcynika - Volcynika
Ronin - RoninRevolver

Solune said:
GGs to Prototype and Q, made short work of me =(.

You were doing fine... You were picking it up towards the end of the night.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Oh you! >:|

Also that one guy (level 60) that was in the room that kept using a variety of characters was really good. Something with a One in his name IIRC? For some reason my XBL players met list hasn't been updating.
The only guy that comes to mind is one One big hebrew, but I don't remember playing with him last night. The only guy we played with outside of my cousin and Nasty was Icecoldcombo.

gutabo

Prototype-03 said:
We might have 16 total depending if the people at the bottom are joining. But please let me know if you're still interested.

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge

GAF - PSN
Volcynika - Volcynika
Ronin - RoninRevolver

You were doing fine... You were picking it up towards the end of the night.
I'm getting my game in 10 days, I would be interested in joining the tourney if there's room and I'm not too late.

SolarPowered said:
The only guy that comes to mind is one One big hebrew, but I don't remember playing with him last night. The only guy we played with outside of my cousin and Nasty was Icecoldcombo.

Yeah! That guy.

He was pretty good with a variety of characters. Totally zoned my Tager, not that this is hard to do; but he just dominated without breaking a sweat. I blew the one chance I had to keep the pressure on him.

Your god damn Bang! >:|

Learn to block.

I'm trying!

Now your foot is in my ass, I was blocking the other direction!!! :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah! That guy.

He was pretty good with a variety of characters. Totally zoned my Tager, not that this is hard to do; but he just dominated without breaking a sweat. I blew the one chance I had to keep the pressure on him.

Your god damn Bang! >:|

Learn to block.

I'm trying!

Now your foot is in my ass, I was blocking the other direction!!! :lol
I don't remember playing him at all last night.:lol

Yeah, if you just got your blocks down your game would improve by leaps and bounds. You'd also be a virtual tank against everyone else on the 360 side. Sometimes you just gotta ignore that pointy foot in your ass and do what you gotta do.

:lol :lol :lol

Euro release is in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to some new blood. The limited fan edition is awesome too.

R7IJA.jpg

*off to update OP*

SolarPowered said:

Yeah, if you just got your blocks down your game would improve by leaps and bounds. You'd also be a virtual tank against everyone else on the 360 side. Sometimes you just gotta ignore that pointy foot in your ass and do what you gotta do.

IIRC he was the good Arakune you faced off against. I think he picked the all red blob version.

SolarPowered said:

Also don't forget psychic backdashes. I hate psychic backdashes to 360 or 720. Makes me rage.

ApolloJoh said:
??? = ApolloJoe400 :p

I'll play depending on when it is and the rules of the tournament.

Rules: No Ragna, no Litchi? :lol

The days is still pending too. I can't play on the week of Thanksgiving either because I'm going to go visit my folks in Texas.

The tournament will probably have some leniency on the matches since it's online and as long as you have a good excuse to extend it. I haven't really thought about the rules yet since we don't have enough players to start but I'd probably get some guidelines and get a thread started as soon as we get the set number.

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ApolloJoe400
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge

GAF - PSN
Volcynika - Volcynika
Ronin - RoninRevolver

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
SolarPowered made a good point last night too. His crossup game is crazy. I can usually move around enough to keep it from getting too out of hand now (I still love to just eat combos for kicks) but as Tager, if you can block most of that you're well on the way to the next level.

You've still got to tighten up that Spark Bolt execution though. If you hit someone with that you're obligated to murder them for at LEAST 3k. No more of that 6a>360whiff stuff.

DY_nasty said:
SolarPowered made a good point last night too. His crossup game is crazy. I can usually move around enough to keep it from getting too out of hand now (I still love to just eat combos for kicks) but as Tager, if you can block most of that you're well on the way to the next level.

You've still got to tighten up that Spark Bolt execution though. If you hit someone with that you're obligated to murder them for at LEAST 3k. No more of that 6a>360whiff stuff.

I wish I could get a few matches today, but I've got a chem test tomorrow and work tonight.

:(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone on PS3? I need to get some non-dummy Lambada practice in before Mythbuster's is on TV. >_>

Just two more!

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ApolloJoe400
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge
Volcynika - Volcynika

GAF - PSN
Ronin - RoninRevolver
gutabo - ???

edit: FYI, 16 will be MINIMUM. Anyone is welcome to join the tourney... The bracket will look hella awkward if it's uneven numbers though.

DY_nasty said:

Yeah, I admitted to this in the past; but I suck at fighting games with incredibly fast inputs like this. The crazy part is my Tager was tighter in CT. Now I whiff / flub atomic collider all the damn time.

Then there are the times when it's too damned hot in my house, I go to pull off an AC and my hand slips off the stick because I'm too sweaty. I've started playing with a fan next to me so I can dry my hands off between matches. I really gotta move. =_=;

I'm thinking I may just start playing with gloves on. :X

SolarPowered said:

I wish I could get a few matches today, but I've got a chem test tomorrow and work tonight.

:(

Yeah, I need to hit Best Buy about my ailing television then come home and clean my bedroom so I can run the portable heater in there without setting something on fire.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Solune said:
GGs to Prototype and Q, made short work of me =(.

You didn't do to bad for starting, you had the idea down. Just work on some combos, then get used to zoning and all that other stuff :lol

I'm gonna need to blow off some steam later on today since my chem test will probably leave me in a sour mood. :X

If anyone wants to play they can set a schedule and I'll meet you then.

SolarPowered said:
I'm gonna need to blow off some steam later on today since my chem test will probably leave me in a sour mood. :X

If anyone wants to play they can set a schedule and I'll meet you then.

I may be available after 9PM. I can't promise yet as I just woke up and have this terrible feeling I'm forgetting I have something else scheduled for today.

Maybe it will come back after my morning coffee. :lol

gutabo

Prototype-03 said:
Just two more!

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ApolloJoe400
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge
Volcynika - Volcynika

GAF - PSN
Ronin - RoninRevolver
gutabo - ???

edit: FYI, 16 will be MINIMUM. Anyone is welcome to join the tourney... The bracket will look hella awkward if it's uneven numbers though.
I'm borrowing a copy today so count me in! PSN: Gutabo4

Elcheris

Neo Member
Hey you can sign me up for that tourny too, PSN is Dacitius im pretty sure you already have me on your list. This should be a great opportunity to embaress myself =)

GAF - PSN
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ApolloJoe400
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge
Volcynika - Volcynika
gutabo - gutabo4
Elcheris - Dacitius

GAF - PSN
Ronin - RoninRevolver

EDIT: WE HAVE 16!!! I'll start an official tourney thread soon. Hopefully we can get it started by 11/1... preferably by 10/25 or so

I won't be on tonight. Need to clean the living room a little so Geek Squad can troubleshoot my TV tomorrow morning.

Rather than just believing the video evidence I took to Best Buy. :|

TheSeks

Dementia, I'm on--

"BLAZBLUE WOULD LIKE TO PATCH!

Patch 1.03"

OSNAP, WTF is this shit on my PS3!?

Oh well, I'll grab it and see if my Lambada improves with it while waiting for you to get online and make a lobby and beat my face in. :(

SolarPowered said:
Edit:
I just saw the post above.

Oh well...

Sorry, my TV has been on the fritz for a while now. Figured I'd better get it looked at before the warranty expires.

Hopefully Best Buy just gives me a store credit and I can get a slightly larger set. :D

TheSeks

_dementia said:
shoutouts to Q for breaking my guard twice in one round

And then losing as Lambada after all the abuse he's given me. Ergo, I shouldn't listen to him at all. ;)

Shout out to Prototype for Bang mashing win.

@gutabo: Get on PSN and ask Prototype-03 to invite you, there is a room right now.

So how good are you guys? I'd be interested in playing a casual match using my scrub jin/hakumen. If you guys are really good I'd just embarrass myself.

TheSeks

Obsessed said:
So how good are you guys? I'd be interested in playing a casual match using my scrub jin/hakumen. If you guys are really good I'd just embarrass myself.

If you want to feel good: Play me.

If you want to feel really good, play Q.
;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
And then losing as Lambada after all the abuse he's given me. Ergo, I shouldn't listen to him at all. ;)

Shout out to Prototype for Bang mashing win.

@gutabo: Get on PSN and ask Prototype-03 to invite you, there is a room right now.

sorry I used a character like 3 times in my life and wanted to try and figure some stuff out to show you. I'll try to be less helpful in the future

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
TheSeks said:
Dementia, I'm on--

"BLAZBLUE WOULD LIKE TO PATCH!

Patch 1.03"

OSNAP, WTF is this shit on my PS3!?

Oh well, I'll grab it and see if my Lambada improves with it while waiting for you to get online and make a lobby and beat my face in. :(

If I recall correctly that patch only fix the freeze problems in some matches.

Oh and it sucks I can't join the tournament, I wanted to join but I was ban (but not I'm not!), well it doesn't help the fact that I just learn about this today. :lol

xero273

-DarKaoZ- said:
If I recall correctly that patch only fix the freeze problems in some matches.

Oh and it sucks I can't join the tournament, I wanted to join but I was ban (but not I'm not!), well it doesn't help the fact that I just learn about this today. :lol

proto did say he wants an even number so if he can get more, it can probably go above 16. So you might still have a chance of joining.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
xero273 said:
proto did say he wants an even number so if he can get more, it can probably go above 16. So you might still have a chance of joining.

Well if there is a spot, count me in, I don't have local BlazBlue scene at all.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
QisTopTier said:
how about you just play with us nightly anyways? :lol

Well as you know, having a local scene is more fun, at least you get tournaments locally. :lol

But yeah, I should play more with you guys, but I haven't touched BB in a while, due to some SSF4 tournament I had and CV: LoS. I should practice some BB and see what changes they did with the character I play with.

Top Bottom