• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-DarKaoZ- said:
Well as you know, having a local scene is more fun, at least you get tournaments locally. :lol

But yeah, I should play more with you guys, but I haven't touched BB in a while, due to some SSF4 tournament I had and CV: LoS. I should practice some BB and see what changes they did with the character I play with.

I have no tournaments localy either D= I just play with myself all day... oh and proto

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
QisTopTier said:
sorry I used a character like 3 times in my life and wanted to try and figure some stuff out to show you. I'll try to be less helpful in the future

All I'm saying is, you sit here and go "OH NO YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT ME!" and whenever I do use those moves (throwing out swords, throwing out "the wave") you just slide through them and beat me up. I'm tired of you sitting there going "OH THIS SHOULD BE EASY" and I'm like "dude, no. You rush me and I can't do shit."

Solune

_dementia said:
Shoutouts to sollune for getting phone calls

Rofllllll. Yah... We're having a match and people are yelling at me to grab the phone. Ffuuuuuuuuuuu. At least you got to do to me what Q does to all of us.
Oh well between you and Q I've become pretty sturdy as a punching bag.

Edit: and Proto, Proto owns my face too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
All I'm saying is, you sit here and go "OH NO YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT ME!" and whenever I do use those moves (throwing out swords, throwing out "the wave") you just slide through them and beat me up. I'm tired of you sitting there going "OH THIS SHOULD BE EASY" and I'm like "dude, no. You rush me and I can't do shit."

LOL when did I ever say you should beat me, you seem to have a mental disorder or something where you think if someone is giving advice they are talking shit. I'm done helping you GG

edit: I posted a VERY VERY good video of a VERY VERY good player, I simply asked if you watched it and practiced any of the tricks he did in it. You replied with, OH LOT OF GOOD THAT VIDEO DID when I didn't see you do a single thing from it -.- *its a series of 5 matches vs differnt characters shows fake outs, spacing, traps, and high dmg combos*

edit2: no I didnt save it D= I wasn't thinking but I got trolled hard xD

fuck I forgot to save the time over match :(

Q, do you have it?

Solune, you're a better player than me. I just mash this

rr684.png

all the time

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
QisTopTier said:
edit: I posted a VERY VERY good video of a VERY VERY good player, I simply asked if you watched it and practiced any of the tricks he did in it. You replied with, OH LOT OF GOOD THAT VIDEO DID when I didn't see you do a single thing from it -.- *its a series of 5 matches vs differnt characters shows fake outs, spacing, traps, and high dmg combos*

And you expect someone that rarely plays fighting games and hasn't even gotten into BB for more than... maybe two-three months to mimic those high-damage combos on a dime. I'm sorry, but that's a little unrealistic, dude.

But hey, be pissy because I'm tired and annoyed. Whatever.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
And you expect someone that rarely plays fighting games and hasn't even gotten into BB for more than... maybe two-three months to mimic those high-damage combos on a dime. I'm sorry, but that's a little unrealistic, dude.

But hey, be pissy because I'm tired and annoyed. Whatever.

Nope but I did expect you to work on your spacing first xD he anti airs with 6A most of the matches, he jumps back and backdashes in the air and does swords most of the time too. Little things like that, It was a video of how she can be once you get her down, where did I say I expected you to do EVERYTHING in that video in like 2 days xD Block strings and basic weaving in and out was what i wanted you to pick up first off it As thats all she is, do her hit spamy zoning shit, if a hit lands fallow up. She's one of the hardest characters in the game get down 100% No where was I talking shit, all I said was stop mashing C specially when I got a move that goes right under it.

Prototype-03 said:
Just two more!

GAF - PSN
Prototype-03 - Prototype-03
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ApolloJoe400
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
AkachanNingen - Akachan Ningen
SephirothRK - SephirothRK
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen
LyteEdge - LyteEdge
Volcynika - Volcynika

People that might be joining:
GAF - PSN
flightofheaven - flightofheaven
Ronin - RoninRevolver
gutabo - ???

edit: FYI, 16 will be MINIMUM. Anyone is welcome to join the tourney... The bracket will look hella awkward if it's uneven numbers though.

When is it? I will consider joining depending on the time.

Got room for a scrubby Ragna? After months of wandering around the roster (Noel (CT) -> Taokaka -> Tager -> Hakumen -> Tsubaki ->Makoto -> Valkenhayn) I've settled on Ragna. Sad, but true.

And how the hell am I mentioned in this thread?

Finally, some people are great players but lousy teachers. When someone is beginning, you want to focus on the most basics of the basics. I'm generally considered a great teacher, if a lousy player, so I'd be glad to help out.

gutabo

Ok I have so many questions but first things first: The screen.

I'm playing on a CRT and I can't see the whole creen. I went to options - display settings and all I can see is "scalling type"(which fixes the issue but creates a new issue: letters are too small!), upper hud, lower hud and nothing else. Am I doomed?

Thanks in advance!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutabo said:
Ok I have so many questions but first things first: The screen.

I'm playing on a CRT and I can't see the whole creen. I went to options - display settings and all I can see is "scalling type"(which fixes the issue but creates a new issue: letters are too small!), upper hud, lower hud and nothing else. Am I doomed?

Thanks in advance!

well you don't need the leters for anything really anyways, if you want to play story mode slap it into english while you do so, the acting is pretty good. Most people complain about noel and tao... but they are annoying as fuck in any language

gutabo

QisTopTier said:
well you don't need the leters for anything really anyways, if you want to play story mode slap it into english while you do so, the acting is pretty good. Most people complain about noel and tao... but they are annoying as fuck in any language
Hey, remember today was my first day with the game, I don't know any of the menus!

Ok, so far:
Took Carl for a spin. Saw all the tutorial, then went to challenge mode. Got up to misson 7 and then tried the online play. Played with a couple of friends, they beat my day one Carl badly. I won a few games, but I had no idea about how to block so much stuff I got frustrated really fast. Friend #1 used Noel mostly. I couldn't block half of her stuff(standing? blocking? a throw?) and it was really frustrating. Seemed like her combos had no end and my combos were like the shortest ever.
Friend #2 played more characters. Tagger killed me in 10 seconds or something, same issues as noel. Then the wolfman with what seemed like infinites and other characters with lots of projectiles made my life miserable.
Friend #3 used mostly hazama. Another pain in the ass with the chains and what seemed like ambiguous cross ups. Very basic strats, but I didn't know how to punish anything.
Then I went for matches with strangers. I relaized there were levels and that I was at level 5 or something, had no idea about what it meant. Played a level 48 tagger, the guy tried to taunt/kill me really slow and I used all i had to get many wins from him. After we were done I was at lavel 13 or something like that.
I'm still salty but I will still try to learn the game. I'm so salty!
Some questions about the lobbies: what do the icons mean?which one is the conectivity? how do I know if it's good or bad? what about the other icons?
How can I select messages to send in the lobby?
And finally, why the printed manual is so shitty?
Thanks in advance!

PS: Size issue prevails, I have to choose between beng able to read @ lobbies or being able to see all the screen...

I'm an idiot for not recording the hilarious time over match, in which I successfully blocked Q's corner pressure for 25 seconds, reversal Hotenjin'd and then ran away for 15 more seconds, wasting both bursts just to take a round from him. The 3rd round I guessed wrong on like 4 resets and got perfected though :lol.

Here is just a regular match. Tips appreciated. I know I already need to work on my punishes and maximizing damage, but let me know what else I should work on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpw-27ZOik

_dementia said:
I'm an idiot for not recording the hilarious time over match, in which I successfully blocked Q's corner pressure for 25 seconds, reversal Hotenjin'd and then ran away for 15 more seconds, wasting both bursts just to take a round from him. The 3rd round I guessed wrong on like 4 resets and got perfected though :lol.

Here is just a regular match. Tips appreciated. I know I already need to work on my punishes and maximizing damage, but let me know what else I should work on.
That... was not what I expected at all.

Fake edit: What do you use to record such crisp video?

It's just 480i over s-video with a $10 easycap USB recorder. I deinterlaced it with post processing. It's far from HD, but I'm more than happy with the result. Good enough for YouTube anyway :lol

_dementia said:
It's just 480i over s-video with a $10 easycap USB recorder. I deinterlaced it with post processing. It's far from HD, but I'm more than happy with the result. Good enough for YouTube anyway :lol
You have no idea how much I've wanted to be able to record my fights. You'll be shitting your pants at some my rushdown game.:lol

I found several models on Amazon. Was this the one you got?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019SSSMY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The Take Out Bandit said:
Best Buy techs ordered the replacement part for my TV. Hopefully that will take care of the whole no image problem I've been experiencing.
Awesome.

I hope we can get a few matches in before the weekend is over.:D

_dementia said:

Since Hazama has poor reversals outside of his Serpent's Infernal Rapture, you need to play a stronger keep away game. Makoto has excellent mobility, but has very few options at range. She excels at mid-range, where you are weakest. While you have a good close-range game, her's is better, so the emphasis in this match would have been to play as far as you can. Makoto isn't a damage tank either, so a life lead on your part could lead to increasing desperation on the other player's part. This leads to risky gambits with her 214A/B/C shenanigans that you can take advantage of with a well placed Ouroboros Chain.

Once she gets in, the match turns steeply in her favor until you can IB enough hits to build heat meter for SIR. Even then, that's risky because it still traded with her normals on occasion. I'd also be wary of her ranged distortion, as it can punish blocked chains that you use to pull yourself in.

Although, you should be pulling yourself in on hit confirm and not block regardless, as her close range game is superior.

What's this about a tournament again?

FlightOfHeaven said:
Although, you should be pulling yourself in on hit confirm and not block regardless, as her close range game is superior.
Bad habit. It works so well on scrubs :lol

thanks for the tips, I'll follow them.

_dementia said:
Bad habit. It works so well on scrubs :lol

thanks for the tips, I'll follow them.

Well, I've been fostering bad habits for you anyways. j.C will be the death of me.

I just wish I could play as well as I analyze.

SolarPowered said:
You have no idea how much I've wanted to be able to record my fights. You'll be shitting your pants at some my rushdown game.:lol

Come to the dark side! PS3 wants more players :lol Could use another person who rushes down and have no answers because Valk has no counters :(

TheSeks said:

Lambda isn't an easy char, and I've always countered people who have said Lambda is easy to use because she has one of the hardest timing in the game... even if her combos consists of 6A and TK crescent thing in the corner.

The only problem that I see is that I haven't seen you improve. I have NO problem playing with people who are struggling to play, which is why I give my limited knowledge from time to time... I have told you to block, use 6A and to stop spamming Cs. I have not seen any of those happening. Not to say I'm the best player (I'm not), but (and no offense) I just haven't seen any progress.

Q wasn't shoving those videos for no reason. Most of the situational stuff, I learn from the videos. Learning the combos help, but it won't do anything unless you learn HOW and WHEN to connect those combos. The videos help out a lot in those regard. It'll show you when to block, when to attack, when to do certain moves, what moves are spammable, etc etc. Obviously, you'll have to play the game yourself and you'll attach your own style to the char, but the vids will give you a general idea.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Since Hazama has poor reversals outside of his Serpent's Infernal Rapture, you need to play a stronger keep away game. Makoto has excellent mobility, but has very few options at range. She excels at mid-range, where you are weakest. While you have a good close-range game, her's is better, so the emphasis in this match would have been to play as far as you can. Makoto isn't a damage tank either, so a life lead on your part could lead to increasing desperation on the other player's part. This leads to risky gambits with her 214A/B/C shenanigans that you can take advantage of with a well placed Ouroboros Chain.

Once she gets in, the match turns steeply in her favor until you can IB enough hits to build heat meter for SIR. Even then, that's risky because it still traded with her normals on occasion. I'd also be wary of her ranged distortion, as it can punish blocked chains that you use to pull yourself in.

What's this about a tournament again?

This is all true except that Mak actually does pretty good damage in the corner and is exceptional in close range, rather than mid range. She also has a lot of tools to put you in the corner if you're blocking, and her J2C is retarded.

Anyway, I haven't set anything in stone for the tourney yet... I'm still thinking up of the rules before making the thread first, but I'll make a thread soon... I promise. If not, someone keep bugging me.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Well, I've been fostering bad habits for you anyways. j.C will be the death of me.

I just wish I could play as well as I analyze.
Hindsight is always 20/20 maaan. I'm sure if I watched 90% of my own matches without knowing it was me I'd be like who the fuck is this scrub? :lol

Prototype-03 said:
This is all true except that Mak actually does pretty good damage in the corner and is exceptional in close range, rather than mid range. She also has a lot of tools to put you in the corner if you're blocking, and her J2C is retarded.

Anyway, I haven't set anything in stone for the tourney yet... I'm still thinking up of the rules before making the thread first, but I'll make a thread soon... I promise. If not, someone keep bugging me.

I never said anything about her corner game, since it didn't really come up in regards to dementia_'s play. Well, aside from that 3.3k 5 hit D combo QIsTopTier pulled off. She's better close range, absolutely agreed, but I was trying to compare her to Hazama. All my suggestions were geared for a Hazama player, and dementia_'s play in that match in general. Glad to know I wasn't far off the mark, though.

Edit:

_dementia said:
Hindsight is always 20/20 maaan. I'm sure if I watched 90% of my own matches without knowing it was me I'd be like who the fuck is this scrub? :lol

Ha ha ha, it's all about practice, I suppose. Oh, and I forgot to mention; your defense is actually pretty solid. Not that I'd know that otherwise, since I'm not very good at applying safe pressure, or approaching. You were dropping your 7D into j.C though, which is uncharacteristic of you.

Flight we should do some local play this weekend (schedules permitting)
Tenshi's got that charity thing too.

6D not 7D!
Yeah, dropping it makes me a sad panda. Because then I don't get meters for my Jayoku mash :(

Absolutely. We should talk, and hopefully meet, today. This weekend is going to be weird.

6D is diagonal Ouroboros Chain? Then how do you do a horizontal one? j.6D?

I obviously don't know Hazama that well.

Except that I hate his Serpent's Benediction followups.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Absolutely. We should talk, and hopefully meet, today. This weekend is going to be weird.

WTF?!?! are you guys in socal LA area, by any chance?:lol

FlightOfHeaven said:

6D angles up at 30 degrees
4D angles up at 70 degrees
2D goes completely vertical
5D is horizontal.

bonus:
j.D is horizontal
j.2D is straight down
j.4D angles down 70 degrees
j.6D angles down 30 degrees
j.9D angles up 30 degrees

This video is nice. I'll try to xcopy baikenv's Haz pressure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edu7LakAk7g

Prototype-03 said:
WTF?!?! are you guys in socal LA area, by any chance?:lol

It would be nice to be in a place with a scene, but we're nowhere near SoCal.

Also, I dunno if I'd want to play in the first place, since it'd be akin to bringing a sponge to a nuclear arms race.

Edit:

That pressure was nice, but it was against Tager. Still, I like how he took advantage of his spacing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
This leads to risky gambits with her 214A/B/C shenanigans that you can take advantage of with a well placed Ouroboros Chain.

What's so risky about a move I can fly across the screen with and cancel out of at any time with a barrier >.>

QisTopTier said:
What's so risky about a move I can fly across the screen with and cancel out of at any time with a barrier >.>

Puts you in a defensive mode if you have to do that :lol

_dementia said:
It has been available since September 28th on PSN.
September 21st in Japan.

I think he's talking about the 360 version... I think they're getting it soon since PS3 users got a patch yesterday... I'm assuming to fix the bugs.

QisTopTier said:

Eh, you use it intelligently. Most people don't know you can cancel it, or just straight up attack with it. I figure a well aimed aerial D from Hazama will cut across all her paths, either hitting or forcing her to block, keeping her out of immediate range, where she poses a danger.

GET OUTTA MAAAH HEEEEAD PROTOTYPE-03

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
Puts you in a defensive mode if you have to do that :lol
Im still flying foward!, oh and I can attack or air grab after still anyways :lol

edit: well not vs chains... but it still brings me closer safely =3

FlightOfHeaven said:
GET OUTTA MAAAH HEEEEAD PROTOTYPE-03
Proto with the IRL yomi

He plays a great Valk too! (and Tsubaki and Ragna!)
should you ever have the chance to play him on PSN i'd recommend it

SolarPowered said:

I found several models on Amazon. Was this the one you got?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019SSSMY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
That's the one.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
_dementia said:

Damn I wish I could play you guys :(

FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, I was looking at Tsubaki's combos yesterday, and she can pull off meterless 4k combos!

Why do people say she has low damage output?
was it off a fatal counter?
meanwhile bang can get that from like, a jab or overhead :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, I was looking at Tsubaki's combos yesterday, and she can pull off meterless 4k combos!

Cause she does :lol Mak can do 5k 10k off fatals (she builds the meter during it) sadly doing said combos is fucktardedly hard online.

Proto could elaborate better on it xD

FlightOfHeaven said:

not off of jabs... one jab and ruins high damage charge moves.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need a sub. I know guys are tired of me picking Lambda over and over again... I really want to try Jin for the sake of diversity but I can't dash cancel to save my life on a 360 pad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
I need a sub. I know guys are tired of me picking Lambda over and over again... I really want to try Jin for the sake of diversity but I can't dash cancel to save my life on a 360 pad.

pick lambda over and over again, oh and you could always try uh valk.. oh wait you cant, umm pick Mu :lol

Top Bottom