• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

XBL GAF, if you want to punch me in the face at some point today let me know I'll set aside some time for it. Around 8PM EST is good for me. Can't stay up too late. Need to go back to work tomorrow. :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Take Out Bandit said:
XBL GAF, if you want to punch me in the face at some point today let me know I'll set aside some time for it. Around 8PM EST is good for me. Can't stay up too late. Need to go back to work tomorrow. :(
I'll do my best to be on tonight around that time.

El Sloth

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:

I got my 1 month of Live, so I'm down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lambada's Gravity Seed will slow them down in the air or ground if they're moving left-right. If they're just jumping straight up and down it's useless. :/

Need to switch to a character that throws projectiles (Jin over Carl) to see how the projectiles work with it.

It'll stop the projectile for a few seconds if it's being summoned near the well, but if it's already moving/summoned it won't slow it down. At least nothing that I've noticed. :/

Oh, and Lambada's "basics" tutorial says to use it for close opponents as it gives invincibility (i-frames?) during it. Not sure if they mean "it's safe until they hit you after you summon the portal" or whatever. *shrug*

TheSeks said:
Lambada's Gravity Seed will slow them down in the air or ground if they're moving left-right. If they're just jumping straight up and down it's useless. :/

Need to switch to a character that throws projectiles (Jin over Carl) to see how the projectiles work with it.

It'll stop the projectile for a few seconds if it's being summoned near the well, but if it's already moving/summoned it won't slow it down. At least nothing that I've noticed. :/

Oh, and Lambada's "basics" tutorial says to use it for close opponents as it gives invincibility (i-frames?) during it. Not sure if they mean "it's safe until they hit you after you summon the portal" or whatever. *shrug*

What? You're using it wrong. It's a DP move... meaning that if someone tries to hit you, you do that move, then they will be stunned and unable to do anything and be "floating" on the portal.

Try it out on training mode. Record a character, make them jump and do a move. With Lambda, try timing it so that the well comes out RIGHT when it hits you.

edit: I actually don't know if you need to be jumping but that's how I always get caught and get mad.

edit 2: there's a reason why that move has a ridiculous cooldown... It's REALLY good. If it only did that, there's no reason for them to have such a long cd.

edit 3: here's what happens when used correctly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJZXx64l14

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
What? You're using it wrong. It's a DP move... meaning that if someone tries to hit you, you do that move, then they will be stunned and unable to do anything and be "floating" on the portal.

Try it out on training mode. Record a character, make them jump and do a move. With Lambda, try timing it so that the well comes out RIGHT when it hits you.

edit: I actually don't know if you need to be jumping but that's how I always get caught and get mad.

edit 2: there's a reason why that move has a ridiculous cooldown... It's REALLY good. If it only did that, there's no reason for them to have such a long cd.

edit 3: here's what happens when used correctly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJZXx64l14

You don't gotta be jumping, and the move is a shoryuken, dp means dragon punch.... :lol :lol It's like ragna's uppercut but you dont fly a mile in the air

GO HERE AND LEAAAAAARN STUFF http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?78-v-13-Λ-11 :D

TheSeks

Prototype-03 said:

It's not really a 4124 move. It's more a 214 move. Unless you're talking something completely different from what I'm understanding other people are telling me you mean. :/

If it's close range (they're touching you and pressure) sure it'll catch them and float them from the "black hole" Lambada does to summon the portal. The portal ITSELF doesn't seem to do anything. :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
It's not really a 4124 move. It's more a 214 move. Unless you're talking something completely different from what I'm understanding other people are telling me you mean. :/

If it's close range (they're touching you and pressure) sure it'll catch them and float them from the "black hole" Lambada does to summon the portal. The portal ITSELF doesn't seem to do anything. :/

SHE UPPERCUTS THEM its her version of inferno divider D= LET ME GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE.

I walk up to you, I try to punch you in the face, you do that move, my fist misses you, I am now set up for a combo

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
SHE UPPERCUTS THEM its her version of inferno divider D= LET ME GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE.

I walk up to you, I try to punch you in the face, you do that move, my fist misses you, I am now set up for a combo

Yeah, and that Youtube video he linked is the Gravity Seed move. And yeah, the "close range" will throw them into floating. It's not really an uppercut, though. It's more "throwing out a portal and the person is hit by the animation/"blackhole" that makes them float.

/nitpicking
That said, I do need to throw portals out now that I know you can float them at close range. As for the PORTAL itself it doesn't do anything than slow movement. It (the portal itself) doesn't seem to make them float, but the summoning animation does. :/

TheSeks said:
Yeah, and that Youtube video he linked is the Gravity Seed move. And yeah, the "close range" will throw them into floating. It's not really an uppercut, though. It's more "throwing out a portal and the person is hit by the animation/"blackhole" that makes them float.

/nitpicking
That said, I do need to throw portals out now that I know you can float them at close range. As for the PORTAL itself it doesn't do anything than slow movement. It (the portal itself) doesn't seem to make them float, but the summoning animation does. :/

Right. TBH, it's better than your average DP since it opens up to any combo you'd like.

FYI: nobody uses that move to slow, only for the CH... otherwise, it's a waste of a good move.

Dreavus

TheSeks said:

/nitpicking

They don't mean it's a shoryuken as in the character does an actual dragonpunch/uppercut/whatever. It's the move's properties that give it it's "dp" or "dragon punch" status - which is it's invincibility frames that let you get through their pressure and start your own combo.

Jin's "dp" isn't an actual uppercut either, it's more of a weird vertical slash that hits them up into the air. But it's got the characteristic invincibility frames and super long cooldown if you miss (C version does, at least)

And yeah, the actual portal doesn't do much... it's just a bonus really. You want the move for breaking combos/getting out of pressure, not really for restricting movement.

TheSeks

Dreavus said:
And yeah, the actual portal doesn't do much... it's just a bonus really. You want the move for breaking combos/getting out of pressure, not really for restricting movement.

Then why give the portal in the first place? :|

That said, just had my face beat in a player "Beginner Room" by a level 15. Yeah, I think I'm done trying to play online.

El Sloth

Banned
DY_nasty said:
GT: DY nasTy IV

In lobby right now, add me and hop on

Adding you. Forgive my lack of mic, it's in jersey at the moment. :/

Edit: I'm bringing the scrubby allllll day!

Edit2: I really wish I had my mic right now, I wanna talk my patented Scrub Trash™ to TTOB's Tager. :lol

DY_nasty

El Sloth said:
Adding you. Forgive my lack of mic, it's in jersey at the moment. :/

Edit: I'm bringing the scrubby allllll day!
:lol

Its all good, we've all been there before. Who do you main?

Edit: So NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW TTOB wants to play good? :lol :lol :lol

El Sloth

Banned
DY_nasty said:
:lol

Its all good, we've all been there before. Who do you main?

I'm drifting between Kune and Tager, but clearly I'm not very good with either at the moment so it doesn't really matter. :lol

Edit:^ We have two unknowns in the lobby, he's gotta show off!

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
Im up for some games on psn tonight if anyone wants to play let me know

I'm on right now, if you want to play.

El Sloth

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Good games guys, gotta catch the rest of MNF.

GG, was fun getting my virtual ass handed to me over and over again. Good timing too, I was gonna make that my last one and finish this report I should be doing.

wuku @ Dustloop said:
- 5B: Attack lvl down, hitbox is weaker. don't know if startup is slower.
- 3C: can cancel into 214D and 236D. 3C - 214DA and 3C - 214DB work easily. Enemy floats slightly once hit.
- JA: not jump cancellable anymore.
- JC: only first 2 hits are jump cancellable.
- Ouroboros: General Proration is increased. Stock doesn't recharge once blocked anymore. It recharges only if Ouroboros hits enemy and after a certain frame. D~A cancel is faster now. 6DA - 6DA - 6D combo is now harder to do but still possible. For certain characters, Jakou - (no RC) - J6D is still possible.
- 236D (jabaki): looks like no change from CS1.. you can still do 3C - jabaki but followup?
- 214D (jasetsu): you can still cancel from 3C. 3C - 214DA and 3C - 214DB still work depending on the distance
- 214DA (Ressenga): air hit makes opponent slide down. 214DA - 2A is possible with very strict timing. maybe due to longer recovery?
- 214DC (zaneiga): does not pull opponent anymore, rather air float on hit. Zayoku - zaneiga is still possible but follow up combo is harder now with this change.
- 623D (jakou), 214DB (Gashoukyaku), 236236B (jayoku) - no change.
- Throw: not cancellable to D moves anymore. Back throw doesn't bound anymore. Forward Throw - Jayoku works only at the corner.
- Extra: 5A (anti air) - 5C - 4D doesn't work anymore.

I'm reading these Haz CS2 changes on DL and I must say Arc dun goofed.
Hopefully this is lies or not final or both.

TheSeks

_dementia said:
I'm reading these Haz CS2 changes on DL and I must say Arc dun goofed.
Hopefully this is lies or not final or both.

What, Trollzama got nerfed?

OK guys, I just need 4 more people to step it up for the PS3 tourney. If you're available, PLEASE join... Otherwise it'd be a rather boring tourney.

GAF - PSN
Prototype-03 - Prototype-03
dementia_ - sixteen-bit
QisTopTier - QisTopTier
Fugu - Fygu
ApolloJoh - ???
TheSeks - Sekoku
Kiunchbb - Kiunch
Dreavus - Dreavus-
AkachanNingen - Akachan Ningen
SephirothRK - SephirothRK
Solune - Sollune
Hyphen - Vebansen

DY_nasty

Good games tonight guys.

TTOB has come a long ways
especially against me lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DY_nasty said:
No more Tager?

... :D

Haha, I've put waaaay too much time into him to ever drop. I just really need a sub, so I've felt burned on the Valk delay which is why I haven't been playing.

Top Bottom