• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

gutabo

Prototype-03 said:
GUTABO4 YOU NOOB... JUST READ A PAGE BACK
EDIT: Never post while talking on the phone, lolz, you might answer some weird ish!
QisTopTier said:
But but.... waaaaaah T.T

It's hard to look at his post, magneto scares me T.T
LOL, you should be scared, I'll kick your ass in MvC2 and soon in MvC3 too! :p

OK TURNING ON THE PS3 NAO!

Speaking of Magneto, Unlimited Valkenhayn does that weird afterimage thing Magneto does with his hands in his neutral stance. I thought it was a cool reference.

_dementia said:
That's the one.
I got the one that is $8.99 since the one I showed you doesn't seem to work with Windows 7. I can't wait to record my matches!
Prototype-03 said:
Come to the dark side! PS3 wants more players :lol Could use another person who rushes down and have no answers because Valk has no counters :(
I may actually double dip, but this would only be possible if every other possible video game purchase for the winter is done and out of the way. The controls shouldn't be too difficult and I'd still be just as available for 360 games.

I doubt it'll happen, though. The steam sales terrify me and I've still got over twelve games left to buy when the Amazon B2G1F deals start. I'd also like to get some new threads, and some nice shoes. :p

This is what my list for the B2G1F deals looks like so far...

Infamous 30- YES BOUGHT
Demon's souls 30- YES BOUGHT
Endless Ocean 2 30- YES BOUGHT
Silent hill:SM 30+ YES BOUGHT
Alan Wake 30+ YES BOUGHT
Punch out 30+ YES BOUGHT
Mass Effect 2 30- ALL OVER MY FACE
Bioshock 2 30- YES
Resident Evil: DC 30- Fuck YA lightgun shooters
Super street fighter 4 30- OM NOM NOM
No more heroes 2 30- YESSSSS
Trauma Team 30- I like to play doctor so YEAAA
Tatsunoko vs Capcom 30- Fuck YEA
Fallout 3 20- Yes, sir!
God of War 1&2 30- ARES!!!
Sin and Punishment 40- No...:(
Final Fantasy XIII 40- lolno
Bayonetta 30- NO
Epic Mickey 50- I can wait...
Kirby's epic yarn 50- NOOOO
Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess 50-NO dammit drop the price, Nintendo!
Donkey Kong 50- Nope
Animal Crossing 30- Nah
Metroid: Other M 40- eurgh
Heavy rain 50- NO
Red dead redemption 50- NO
Fragile Dreams: Ruins of the moon 40- No... ;_;

vg260

QisTopTier said:
LOL it's to fix the training mode bug thats all

If they found the fix to that glitch, hopefully it means they sorted it out on the 360 side as well, and hopefully Valk update should be coming soon.

gutabo

Ok update is done, I'm ging to try the challenges again afew times and then I'm game!(if u send invite I'll accept ASAP)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutabo said:
Ok update is done, I'm ging to try the challenges again afew times and then I'm game!(if u send invite I'll accept ASAP)
I've actually been waiting at the vs screen thingy for about 40 min

gutabo

I wish I was more of a challenge but I don't even know what is an attack and what is a dash :(

Still, I'm thankful for the lessons!

Ok, starting to focus on blocking properly.

gutabo

LOLZ! Yeah ur right!

EDIT: PHONE CALL!!! gimme 1 min!

EDIT 2: Ok, it was something like 18 - 0 and I don't think I even won a round. Worst thing is, since I'm still so low level, I don't think I've learned a thing from this. I should learn the game, system and characters first(it's similar to guilty gear but without knowing the characters it's almost useless to know the system) and then try to play some of you guys because after playing QisTopTier I have only learned that Squirrel girl's super fist move(or whatever it's called) comes out almost instantly(2 frames? 3?). Well, and that I don't know how to play with Carl at all, even if I did one of Carl's challenges(#5) I didn't even won that round. And that is sad. Also I don't think Carl is a good char to learn the game with, but it's the only one I like so far so in the meantime I'm stuck with my masochyst puppet. Finally, if there's a BB scrub league, please take me there (because that's where I belong right now) so I can learn something.

PS: Is there some place where I can see the moves properties like frame advantage and such? I have no idea about what is punishable and what not... thanks in advance!

PS2: Some help too with the screen options please? I'm stuck at type a(bigger one) because I can't read a thing otherwise, but I can't see the corners... and that sucks if I'm in the corner 90% of the time :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nice tries, carl is a bitch to learn, didnt help it was a bit laggy for us too. The main thing to learn for him is pupper control*no shit lol* but once you get down the abilty to keep the puppet on the other side of them and sandwhich all the time you will do tons better, carl has a retarded reset game ^.^

But not bad at all xD

edit. www.dustloop.com

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
gutabo said:
I suppose it should be easier if you have mastered already a character or if you're not a complete n00b to the game :(
Carl is a bitch for anyone.

Just think of how many other fighting games who have you controlling two characters at once.

gutabo

DY_nasty said:
Carl is a bitch for anyone.

Just think of how many other fighting games who have you controlling two characters at once.
Yeah i was a fool for thinking that Zappa(dog) experience was going to account for something. Still 85% of my puppet commands are not what I want(or nirvana will do nothing) :(

Actually I was a fool too for thinking that playing guilty gear would automatically make me play this game well. I HAVE to take the time to learn the characters, as long as it might be :(

Only the memory of making a challenge in a match keeps me going.
(also getting my revenge on Q)

DY_nasty

gutabo said:
Yeah i was a fool for thinking that Zappa(dog) experience was going to account for something. Still 85% of my puppet commands are not what I want(or nirvana will do nothing) :(

Actually I was a fool too for thinking that playing guilty gear would automatically make me play this game well. I HAVE to take the time to learn the characters, as long as it might be :(

Only the memory of making a challenge in a match keeps me going.
(also getting my revenge on Q)
Q's got pretty big revenge list man :lol

The transition from GG may seem a bit much, but its still much better than hopping in after playing (S)SF4. The speed of BB really overwhelmed me at first. I also had to abandon my main from CT and do a lot of things I normally didn't before...

Edit: I hate the nerf for Calamity Sword.

gutabo

DY_nasty said:
The speed of BB really overwhelmed me at first.
The speed is ok to me, what's killing me is not knowing enough so I get desperate trying to get out of blocking and try to mount some form of offensive because I don't know what beats what(or when).

Any help with frame data? I'm looking for it and I can't find it :(

DY_nasty

gutabo said:
The speed is ok to me, what's killing me is not knowing enough so I get desperate trying to get out of blocking and try to mount some form of offensive.

Any help with frame data? I'm looking for it and I can't find it :(
Pretty sure Dustloop has all that stuff.

gutabo said:
Also I don't think Carl is a good char to learn the game with, but it's the only one I like so far so in the meantime I'm stuck with my masochyst puppet.

Stick with him. This is one of the few games where I will say that learning one character does not necessarily mean you will be good with another just 'cause how differently each character is. Also, Carl is one of the hardest characters to learn so there will be growing pains either way.

Either way, know that Nirvana's air clap (I believe it's 2D) is air UNBLOCKABLE... whether you green barrier or not. It's REALLY important to know that and it'll be part of your central gameplay.

Bought this game off Amazon not too long ago. Came in the mail today only for the disc to get dislodged during shipping making it look like someone took a brush to it. Sending it back tomorrow. I was really looking forward to playing as wolf man and squirrel girl.

Phoenix Fang said:
I was really looking forward to playing as wolf man and squirrel girl.
Furry.

Such a shame about the game mayne. Amazon is usually top-notch.

GGs tonight PSN-GAF. Slowly learning to not press buttons in order to reduce the opportunity of free combos for my opponents (cough proto). Learned some interesting properties about Valk's astral too :lol

These replays shall serve me well. I will rise above scrub status, just you watch!

DY_nasty

^Keep posting the vids from the PSN games, its fun to watch fights other than Tager/Bang vs Lambda PSNGAF play.
FlightOfHeaven said:
Note to self: Starting online rooms with messed up mike settings and people WAY out of my league is a huge mistake. : (
Starting online rooms is the way to go though.

Just be sure to label it a beginner room, turn off unlimited characters, set a connection level and kick any god-tier pro who comes in to run laps on the room (This doesn't mean kick anyone who beats you - getting your asswhooped is still the best to way learn).

Don't make the mistake I did and try to learn the game through playing the AI all day long. It'll only put you way behind the curve.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DY_nasty said:
^Keep posting the vids from the PSN games, its fun to watch fights other than Tager/Bang vs Lambda PSNGAF play.

Starting online rooms is the way to go though.

Just be sure to label it a beginner room, turn off unlimited characters, set a connection level and kick any god-tier pro who comes in to run laps on the room (This doesn't mean kick anyone who beats you - getting your asswhooped is still the best to way learn).

Don't make the mistake I did and try to learn the game through playing the AI all day long. It'll only put you way behind the curve.

I would approach beginner room with caution though, it's a magnet for really good players. :lol

DY_nasty

FlightOfHeaven said:
I feel that I'm not really learning much, and all I'm doing is raising my blood pressure to unhealthy levels.

Too bad there's no Scrub BB GAF
Who do you main?

And I know I can't speak for everyone, but sitting down and watching youtube clips definitely took my game up a notch. Practicing and tightening up combos is nice, but its nice to have a mental image/'reference' for the character you're using.

Damn sure helped me. I'm still one good TK Loop away from being able to kick out retard combos with Lambda. :D
Papercuts said:
I would approach beginner room with caution though, it's a magnet for really good players. :lol
They're there to teach!

Yeah, apologies to lyteedge and prototype-03. The match started far too quickly, as I was going to log out anyways.

I don't think I'm going to be playing BlazBlue for a while; when a game causes more stress in an hour than three midterms and 4 presentations do total, it's time to stop playing it, period.

Edit: I just started maining Ragna two days ago, after cycling through the entire roster. It's a shame; he's boring, but he's the only one that clicks. I watch YT videos, loads of them. It doesn't help. Once the match begins, my mind goes blank. Even when I landed the coveted 6A or 5B after Gauntlet Hades, I completely blanked out on the followup.

That, and the taunting didn't help. It reminds me of the hours and hours spent being mercilessly beaten and gaining nothing out of it when I tried to learn Third Strike. Fighting games are a love-hate thing for me, and I'm starting to think it's just better I quit altogether.

Two of us.

Then what do we need online for?

I'm starting to miss the Scrub SSFIV community. That was loads of fun, before I left and it all fell apart.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
TheSeks is another beginner. He wasn't online tonight.
Solune is another Ragna at our level. Add them :)
And lyte, who was in the room w/us

Pretty much everyone but, me proto and fygu

*edit*
Oh and that apollo guy

Dreavus

FlightOfHeaven said:
Edit: I just started maining Ragna two days ago, after cycling through the entire roster. It's a shame; he's boring, but he's the only one that clicks. I watch YT videos, loads of them. It doesn't help. Once the match begins, my mind goes blank. Even when I landed the coveted 6A or 5B after Gauntlet Hades, I completely blanked out on the followup.

Just sounds like you've started a new character and don't have the muscle memory down for him yet, which is completely understandable. I think some time spent in training would really help with stuff like that. I remember the first time I saw Jin's Fatal counter combo and thought "holy shit who could remember all of that", and then after some time and practice it came a lot more easily. When I was practicing a new character for me like Hakumen last week, I couldn't (and still can't) remember exactly how half the combos go because the muscle memory just isn't there yet.

In short: Don't give up!

Top Bottom