• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

_dementia said:
But then how do you expect to get better.

By playing with people more or less my level, not people who make it look like a nuclear bomb was set off.

There's reaching outside of your comfort zone, then there's playing with Daigo after completing half of the challenges for your character. Doing the latter benefits no one.

Dreavus said:
Just sounds like you've started a new character and don't have the muscle memory down for him yet, which is completely understandable. I think some time spent in training would really help with stuff like that. I remember the first time I saw Jin's Fatal counter combo and thought "holy shit who could remember all of that", and then after some time and practice it came a lot more easily. When I was practicing a new character for me like Hakumen last week, I couldn't (and still can't) remember exactly how half the combos go because the muscle memory just isn't there yet.

In short: Don't give up!

Yeah, but even fundamentals are missing. I just forget everything.

I have improved in execution as in doing basic movements instead of accidentally jumping.

I need to play people of my skill level, even if they are a bit better. Where the hell are you guys coming from, and why weren't you around earlier? : /

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, but even fundamentals are missing. I just forget everything.

I have improved in execution as in doing basic movements instead of accidentally jumping.
Sounds like Day 1 for everyone :lol

Nothing was worse than going 0-12 in my own room. I'll never forget that no matter how hard I try

That blows. My condolences.

It seems PS3 BBCS GAF is a small contingent.

I at least got 1 match off of Proto, but I suspect he was just going easy on me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
I need to play people of my skill level, even if they are a bit better. Where the hell are you guys coming from, and why weren't you around earlier? : /

We've been here everyday =3

Dreavus

GGs guys. I think my hype CT Jin combos need a bit more of an update.

Also that Valkenhayn astral was worth staying up for. :lol

Solune

Dreavus said:
GGs guys. I think my hype CT Jin combos need a bit more of an update.

Also that Valkenhayn astral was worth staying up for. :lol

Boo this man, and Boo Proto too. All of you are trolls damnit! Why do I suck at this game so bad =(.

More low-level ranked play for anyone interested:
Noel vs Hazama (me)
End of first round is hilarious, as we've both visibly cracked and get desperate.

I'm working on getting some of last night's GAF matches uploaded, look out for them.

gutabo

_dementia said:
TheSeks is another beginner. He wasn't online tonight.
Solune is another Ragna at our level. Add them :)
And lyte, who was in the room w/us
What about me? I'm a scrub too, only one day playing BB so far! :(

DY_nasty said:
Sounds like Day 1 for everyone :lol

Nothing was worse than going 0-12 in my own room. I'll never forget that no matter how hard I try
Try losing 18-0 against Q. Against a furry.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutabo said:
What about me? I'm a scrub too, only one day playing BB so far! :(

Try losing 18-0 against Q. Against a furry.

It's better than the same thing(ok not that bad) but against a naked silver dude

And don't you guys let it get you down, its not like me or proto were magically good or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00SyK9soFE proof! (I think this is like day 3 or 4 or somthing) :lol

besides I wooped on proto for like almost 2 months before everything started to fully click for him xD he just didn't give up :D

Wow. Looks like the community for this game has picked up momentum around here. I'm sticking this back in to work on some trophies and I guess I should do some online time too. I'm not a high level player but if GAF does more games count me in. My PSN ID is KamenRiderPrism. Looking forward to some good lessons.

QisTopTier said:
It's better than the same thing(ok not that bad) but against a naked silver dude

And don't let you guys let it get you down, its not like me or proto were magically good or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00SyK9soFE proof! (I think this is like day 3 or 4 or somthing) :lol

besides I wooped on proto for like almost 2 months before everything started to fully click for him xD he just didn't give up :D

LOL, holy crap. You think that was bad. I picked up Rachel not knowing what to expect. My first two weeks ended up me doing, jab jab, random hit... WIND WIND WIND WIND... "WHERED MY WIND GAUGE GO AND WHY AM I FLYING???"

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
LOL, holy crap. You think that was bad. I picked up Rachel not knowing what to expect. My first two weeks ended up me doing, jab jab, random hit... WIND WIND WIND WIND... "WHERED MY WIND GAUGE GO AND WHY AM I FLYING???"

This was very hilarious :lol

gutabo

QisTopTier said:
This was very hilarious :lol
Hey Q, help me out here. I don't have the DLC chararters(and since PSN options for my country suck I won't be getting them anytime sooon) so I can't try stuff with her. You were repeating a chain with her, at what hit can I try to interrupt/counter you? What do good people usually do against that floaty air tail attack(nasty hitbox)?

Thanks in advance!

gutabo said:
Hey Q, help me out here. I don't have the DC chararters(and since PSN options for my country suck I won't be getting them anytime sooon) so I can't try stuff with her. You were repeating a chain with her, at what hit can I try to interrupt/counter you? What do good people usually do against that floaty air tail attack(nasty hitbox)?

Thanks in advance!

backdash is the best *counter*. There isn't a real move that straight out beats it that I've seen... Maybe something projectile based like Litchi's DP. But at best, I've seen it trade... I've also seen it clash a lot of times but most of the times, it just straight out beats everything. It's better to block.

gutabo

Prototype-03 said:
backdash is the best *counter*. There isn't a real move that straight out beats it that I've seen... Maybe something projectile based like Litchi's DP. But at best, I've seen it trade... I've also seen it clash a lot of times but most of the times, it just straight out beats everything. It's better to block.
Thanks, I thought that... blocking is not an option for now(since I don't know what hits high/mid/low and blocking Carl = no Nirvana for me).

And what about her chains?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutabo said:
Thanks, I thought that... blocking is not an option for now(since I don't know what hits high/mid/low and blocking Carl = no Nirvana for me).

And what about her chains?

instant block, backdash, or jump away

Prototype-03 said:
Those two vids make me look like a total a-hole :(

WHATEVER, astral and 22D trolling at its finest.
Tsubaki wall bounce troll combo is cool in my book. Sure, I look like a rag doll for a few seconds, but thanks to the shit damage due to same-move proration or whatever, I get to live a bit longer!

Valk's Astral is legit. I had no idea it was air unblockable! It must be one of the best anti-airs in the game.

But yeah ur an ass die pls.

xero273

_dementia said:
Tsubaki wall bounce troll combo is cool in my book. Sure, I look like a rag doll for a few seconds, but thanks to the shit damage due to same-move proration or whatever, I get to live a bit longer!

Valk's Astral is legit. I had no idea it was air unblockable! It must be one of the best anti-airs in the game.

But yeah ur an ass die pls.

at least proto didn't do tsubaki 214214d and 22d

DY_nasty

Valk puts out damage a lot quicker than I thought...

But dammmmmmn I wish we could upload stuff from the 360 side.

DY_nasty said:
Valk puts out damage a lot quicker than I thought...

But dammmmmmn I wish we could upload stuff from the 360 side.

Yup... And a lot of those combos in that vid were broken. He can easily do 5-6k damage on the avg, and do about 3-4k for low dmg combos.

gutabo

I'm playing with a friend(who's owning me, he uses beginner mode tho), I'll be done in about 40 min, anyone from scrub gaf wants to play with me(and pwn me)?

DY_nasty

SolarPowered said:
You must be smokin' some of that good stuff because you never had much of an edge.:lol
2-0 is still 2-0

and I ran that first match back like a pro too, don't hate :D

This Tao has broken my will though. Its pretty easy to see when I've been taken out of a game mentally I think... I just abandon all strategy and turn into Hambda.

DY_nasty

At least I have no a level to reach for now. Gotta tighten up the anti-air and rediscover B normals.

DY_nasty said:
2-0 is still 2-0

and I ran that first match back like a pro too, don't hate :D
Yeah, you were doing pretty well at first. I managed to build up some momentum towards the end, but that Tao player just took all hope away from us(I almost got him in one match though). I finished the night at 12-12 and that's not half bad considering this that Tao player.
DY_nasty said:
This Tao has broken my will though.
You can't let it get to you that much. There are only two things one can do when they come face to face with a wall... they sit on their asses or they climb over.
DY_nasty said:
Its pretty easy to see when I've been taken out of a game mentally I think... I just abandon all strategy and turn into Hambda.
This is amazing.:lol :lol :lol

DY_nasty

It really irks me how I can be a complete beast at one moment then a field mouse the next.

I kind of just float around for 5-10 seconds then decide to actually do damage then go back into a (aimless) defensive mindset. I've got a pretty broad comfort zone with Lambda, but once it gets rattled I get sloppy with everything.

Just figuring out what to work on next is the issue. I can tighten up my anti-ar, working on my spacing, practice bigger combos to punish harder, but I still feel that Lambda doesn't match my playstyle and I've been gimping myself by using her out of convenience. Smacking up scrubs has made me lax - I get away with 5c way too much. Its a bad habit now and its going to be a bitch to break.

I may just bust ass this weekend trying to learn Jin. I've always been decent with him even though I never use him, but I can't dash cancel on pad to save my life. I might give Jin another serious try soon.

Edit: Just gave Makoto a run and I still can't get her D timing down :lol

Its either Mu or Jin as a sub.

I'm crazy, so I bought this.

5095437140_bdbab64875_z.jpg

It's pretty slick.

I wish Hazama was on it :(

DY_nasty

Lovely.

Soooooooo.... any Mu players? After watching vids, practicing, and going through dustloop, I can't really get a feel for how to play. I'm waaay too defensive I think.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
Lovely.

Soooooooo.... any Mu players? After watching vids, practicing, and going through dustloop, I can't really get a feel for how to play. I'm waaay too defensive I think.

Play her defensively til you get a knock down, then go for mixups and her retardedly good oki game, if they get away go back to keep away. This is the general idea, some match ups are a bit different though

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
Play her defensively til you get a knock down, then go for mixups and her retardedly good oki game, if they get away go back to keep away. This is the general idea, some match ups are a bit different though
Ah, okay. Didn't know if I was doing something wrong... I still bank on the steins a bit too much. The Venom in me won't allow me to just leave them alone.

Spacing with Mu is a bit tricky too.

Top Bottom