• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

gutabo

Anyone up to some late games? C'mon, it's my third day!

Last time I got into a lobby with plenty of people. I did better than the first time, even winning many games and making it to level 18. Then some lame ragna player(this guy) sent me some hate mail(remember this is my 3rd day playing the game!):

Hitoshimaru said:
You fucking pussy.
Backing up and hiding behind fucking Nirvana.
You suck so bad.
All you can do is jump away like a pussy and stay in a corner.
Carl sucks dick and so do you noob.
Blocked.
Is this common? Is this rare? At least he used periods and stuff!

Dreavus

gutabo said:
Anyone up to some late games? C'mon, it's my third day!

Last time I got into a lobby with plenty of people. I did better than the first time, even winning many games and making it to level 18. Then some lame ragna player(this guy) sent me some hate mail(remember this is my 3rd day playing the game!):

You fucking pussy.
Backing up and hiding behind fucking Nirvana.
You suck so bad.
All you can do is jump away like a pussy and stay in a corner.
Carl sucks dick and so do you noob.
Blocked.

Is this common? Is this rare? At least he used periods and stuff!

:lol

There are so many things wrong with this hate mail
1. Using Nirvana is literally the whole point of your character
2. You being in the corner is advantageous for him
3. Carl is one of the hardest characters to play

And no I can't say it's very common, from my experience at least. I don't play ranked (or even randoms too often), but I usually get nothing if lose and sometimes a "Nice Jin" if I win.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Its really not all that common. I've only got 3 messages like that so far and I've been playing since release.

gutabo

Dreavus said:

There are so many things wrong with this hate mail
1. Using Nirvana is literally the whole point of your character
2. You being in the corner is advantageous for him
3. Carl is one of the hardest characters to play

And no I can't say it's very common, from my experience at least. I don't play ranked (or even randoms too often), but I usually get nothing if lose and sometimes a "Nice Jin" if I win.

Yeah it's almost like "hey man, why are you blocking my attacks??? U R SO CHEAP!!!"...

The funniest part was that I was barely beating him until he started to choose ragna(a new character for me) and then he started to beat me, some rounds were close, others... not at all :( And even then I was 90% of the time in the corner and with no Nirvana... anger management issues maybe?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on PSN right now? Got a couple of days off and access to the PS3, so I'd love to get games in with some of GAF.

ID is exmakina, if anyone wants to play.

DY_nasty

I'm sucking sooooo hard with Mu. Can't get the timing down. Eating combos nonstop. I'm so free :lol

DY_nasty

_dementia said:
I'm GAF's free-est Mu, thank you very much.
This is so painful... I've been playing with Lambda for so long that I just don't know what to do when someone is a full screen length away :lol

Edit: OMFG I can't even switch back to Lambda right away because everything is all weird now

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DY_nasty said:
I'm sucking sooooo hard with Mu. Can't get the timing down. Eating combos nonstop. I'm so free :lol

LASERS! OH GOD THE LASERS!

I unlocked Mu this weekend and playing her, yeah: She's VERY different from Lambada that it's scary.

"Oh, hey, a Murakumo unit. Time to eat sw--WHOMG, THE BEAMS! THE BEAAAAMMMMMMMS"

DY_nasty

TheSeks said:
LASERS! OH GOD THE LASERS!

I unlocked Mu this weekend and playing her, yeah: She's VERY different from Lambada that it's scary.

"Oh, hey, a Murakumo unit. Time to eat sw--WHOMG, THE BEAMS! THE BEAAAAMMMMMMMS"
Yeah, and then you hop into a match thinking you're going to do the same thing and its hilarious/tragic/humbling.

"HA. My lazer defense and superior spacing tactics have you at a bit of a disadvantage, Ragna... One false move and my Oki will have you ragequ-nooooooo mah face!1"

Solune

ExMachina said:
Anyone on PSN right now? Got a couple of days off and access to the PS3, so I'd love to get games in with some of GAF.

ID is exmakina, if anyone wants to play.

Added you Ex.

If anyone else wants to play a Ragna / Jin I'm pretty free(Ask Proto or Q) add me.
PSN Sollune

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Shout outs to mak nerfs making her trash tier :lol *in this loketest*

and no I know how to read stuff on paper and apply it in game I called ky being a op broken piece of shit back before slash came out although all of dustloop argued against me

but im still gonna use her <3 Makoto even if she turns into cs2.0 tsubaki

Canti

For any Euros still waiting on this, just yesterday got an e-mail from the publisher saying its been delayed til "mid November" due to problems with the DLC T_T

KAL2006

Banned
Canti said:
For any Euros still waiting on this, just yesterday got an e-mail from the publisher saying its been delayed til "mid November" due to problems with the DLC T_T

They should give us the DLC for free for making us wait so long

QisTopTier said:
Shout outs to mak nerfs making her trash tier :lol *in this loketest*

and no I know how to read stuff on paper and apply it in game I called ky being a op broken piece of shit back before slash came out although all of dustloop argued against me

but im still gonna use her <3 Makoto even if she turns into cs2.0 tsubaki
I like how they nerfed everything about Hazama except Jayoku houtenjin, which is probably the only thing that should be nerfed. Well, scratch that, it does have same move proration so his 100 heat double Houtenjin combo does like 5k instead of 7k.

No way to combo into 214D~C either. FML.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Trying to get back into this- Hakumen seems to be the only char I can play though.

Has there been any word on Aksys/Arc making the DLC chars in a package deal?

Canti said:
I wonder if that means Platinum is coming mid November, or just that XBLers have to wait that long for Valkenhayn

_dementia said:
I like how they nerfed everything about Hazama except Jayoku houtenjin, which is probably the only thing that should be nerfed. Well, scratch that, it does have same move proration so his 100 heat double Houtenjin combo does like 5k instead of 7k.

No way to combo into 214D~C either. FML.

To be fair, everyone sounds broken except Rachel, which sounds like she's back to CT tier. Tsubaki lost her 22D wall bounce which was her only way for her to deal damage. And charging is CH state. Although you charge faster.

So the deal with Tsubaki... She can get faster charges but is in CH, with charge moves that doesn't really add more damage :(

xero273

Prototype-03 said:
To be fair, everyone sounds broken except Rachel, which sounds like she's back to CT tier. Tsubaki lost her 22D wall bounce which was her only way for her to deal damage. And charging is CH state. Although you charge faster.

So the deal with Tsubaki... She can get faster charges but is in CH, with charge moves that doesn't really add more damage :(

what does CH mean?

She gets one instant charge while standing, but charges slower if you keep holding D. If she does it while crouching, she charges quickly, but no instant charge.

FlightOfHeaven said:
She gets one instant charge while standing, but charges slower if you keep holding D. If she does it while crouching, she charges quickly, but no instant charge.

They took it out in loketest 3.

edit: They cannot seriously consider the final version to have so many nerfs. It's going to be time outs all over the place.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Solune said:
Added you Ex.

If anyone else wants to play a Ragna / Jin I'm pretty free(Ask Proto or Q) add me.
PSN Sollune
Cool, I'll definitely get online tonight. I haven't played any fighting games in a good couple of months, so you get to witness my scrub Hazama and Jin that's still trying to do CT combos. :lol

I don't get the nerfs. I don't see an Makoto players doing exceptionally well, even if she does have ridiculous output. She has to get in real close to do anything at all. And Tsubaki just needs a damage buff, and an overhead that has no audio cue.

Oh, and there IS a scrub GAF contingent! Joy!

TheSeks

FlightOfHeaven said:
I don't get the nerfs. I don't see an Makoto players doing exceptionally well, even if she does have ridiculous output. She has to get in real close to do anything at all. And Tsubaki just needs a damage buff, and an overhead that has no audio cue.

Makoto NEEDS a damage nerf. See: Q.

In fact, both her AND Valk need damage nerfs. 5000 unheated damage, WTF.

Sure, Makoto needs to get in to do that damage, but her damage rate is (IMO) insane. Just like Valkhayens.

Hazama's nerfs are questionable. His main issue was his heat gain (IIRC).

Of course, I really want to see their Unlimited nerfs/buffs (if any) before their "limited" nerfs. Some of the characters unlimited forms are basically their limited forms until 30% HP left, in which case ZOOM ZOOM heat gain.

TheSeks said:
They addressed that. The j.C mash is no longer jump cancelable after the second hit. (i.e. j.Cx2, JC, j.Cx5, 214B would be his modified air B'nB) He gets less heat with fewer j.Cs.

TheSeks said:
Makoto NEEDS a damage nerf. See: Q.

In fact, both her AND Valk need damage nerfs. 5000 unheated damage, WTF.

Sure, Makoto needs to get in to do that damage, but her damage rate is (IMO) insane. Just like Valkhayens.

Of course, I really want to see their Unlimited nerfs/buffs (if any) before their "limited" nerfs. Some of the characters unlimited forms are basically their limited forms until 30% HP left, in which case ZOOM ZOOM heat gain.

Q's execution for big damage is actually not that great (I've seen a vid where someone's combos were excellent). He excels at setups and resets, which is what Makoto's getting a big nerf on (along with the dmg). Valkenhayn's damage nerf is actually questionable (depending on how much of a nerf it actually is) because that's the whole point of his character... Limited mobility, slow moves, no reversals and very risky moves... He's based on high risk/high reward. IMO, his biggest flaw is that his heat gain was ridiculously high AND could combo off a CA (AND get about 37% heat gain off of that CA combo). I WILL say that at this point his damage IS too high and needs a slight nerf on it, but not to the point where they only deal about 3k.

edit: FOUND THE VID!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LkSbTuJy3o

edit 2: Agreed that Hazama's getting nerfed for no reason. He had no clear disadvantages, but also nothing broken about him. He was the epitome of balanced, imo.

edit 3 (I should have really thought about what I was posting before actually making a post): A LOT of these nerfs are questionable... No wallbounces for Bang, Litchi, Ragna and Tsubaki are very VERY odd. Wallbounces were a HUGE part of their gameplay and it's taking away part of their essence.

TheSeks

Valk's damage doesn't need to be nerfed much. But it does need to be nerfed slightly. Him and Makoto's damage rate is a bit out of the norm from the non-DLC characters.

TheSeks said:
Valk's damage doesn't need to be nerfed much. But it does need to be nerfed slightly. Him and Makoto's damage rate is a bit out of the norm from the non-DLC characters.

No it isn't... Bang, Litchi and Ragna all do about the same damage. Bang and Litchi are ridiculously high with very low risk.

DY_nasty said:
Nice vid. Thats the first really good Makoto I've ever seen.

Q will make you cry. He more than makes up the damage for stupid resets and mixup.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seks I haven't even done any of maks dmg combos on you yet, the reason the dmg racks up so fast is cause you fall for resets, it's the same reason you'll see carl drain the hell out of someones life, it's not his combo that was strong, it was his 3 resets someone gets caught in. Most of the cast has a good high dmg combo for no meter.

QisTopTier said:
Seks I haven't even done any of maks dmg combos on you yet, the reason the dmg racks up so fast is cause you fall for resets, it's the same reason you'll see carl drain the hell out of someones life, it's not his combo that was strong, it was his 3 resets someone gets caught in. Most of the cast has a good high dmg combo for no meter.

Don't lie. You're only doing resets 'cause you drop combos. I do it ALL the time. Unintended setups. Feels good.

_dementia said:
I can feel myself getting better at this game.

I'm only an 8/10 on the scrub scale instead of 10/10 :lol

Keep at it. I'm sure you're getting better... I got an advantage 'cause I started in BBCT. Q got an advantage because he started in GG.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
Don't lie. You're only doing resets 'cause you drop combos. I do it ALL the time. Unintended setups. Feels good.

Keep at it. I'm sure you're getting better... I got an advantage 'cause I started in BBCT. Q got an advantage because he started in GG.

LOL half the time Im like fuck im not gonna be able to land this right now uhhh RANDOM RESET

Prototype-03 said:
American resets. Dropped combos.
I take it one step further.

Instant block, 2A, 5B, 3C, RC, get DP'd

I don't drop combos I stop combos :lol
The worst thing is they probably think I'm trolling instead of just incompetent and mashing.

DY_nasty

Damn its hard to adjust to a character that actually has to take advantage of fatal counters after using Lambda for so long.

_dementia said:
I take it one step further.

Instant block, 2A, 5B, 3C, RC, get DP'd

I don't drop combos I stop combos :lol
The worst thing is they probably think I'm trolling instead of just incompetent and mashing.

American trolls. Unintended RCs.

edit: you should try uploading some of the matches between me and Q. But only the ones where I win, so you might have to record for a while.

Prototype-03 said:
American trolls. Unintended RCs.

edit: you should try uploading some of the matches between me and Q. But only the ones where I win, so you might have to record for a while.
Is there a way to share your replays with me? Game only allows me to save my own and off the leaderboards.

Fugu

So QisTopTier, I'm starting to get a little freaked out. Every time I play you, my power goes out. Today, I lost power for four hours after playing against you. My power NEVER goes out.

Volcynika

Fugu said:
So QisTopTier, I'm starting to get a little freaked out. Every time I play you, my power goes out. Today, I lost power for four hours after playing against you. My power NEVER goes out.

He's just so good that your power knows what's best and thinks you should just give up.

???

I saw Valk regularly pull of higher damage combos than Makoto did. She'd often go for 3k~ combos, while Valk regularly got up to 4k+.

I'm not sure that match video substantiated your point, is what I'm saying.

Fugu

Volcynika said:
He's just so good that your power knows what's best and thinks you should just give up.
Hey! It was 1-1 when we disconnected and we were just coming off of a round where I had perfected him twice (...He had won more matches than me but that's my accomplishment and I'm sticking to it).

Top Bottom