• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

ApolloJoh said:
You can save replay data on a flash drive and send it to him.
So if he were to say, email the file and I copy it to my ps3 I could read it fine on my system? That's awesome!
Though, obviously not as elegant as an in-game solution.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
Is there a way to share your replays with me? Game only allows me to save my own and off the leaderboards.

Really, that's the major weakness of this game over Super Street 4. You can't simply jump into a "replay channel" and watch people fight. :/

TheSeks said:
Really, that's the major weakness of this game over Super Street 4. You can't simply jump into a "replay channel" and watch people fight. :/

Right, but I think we're going to try to have replays for tourney and try to upload those as well... Some of our 360 players want to see, I think.

Anyway, ggs to everyone last night... That's the biggest gathering I've seen for BBCS :D

Elcheris

Neo Member
Yeah that was fun for the few minutes I was there. Too bad it was lagging so bad after a while, hopefully that doesn't happen all the time when im around =(

xero273

Prototype-03 said:
Anyway, ggs to everyone last night... That's the biggest gathering I've seen for BBCS :D

tournament got everyone hyped. lol I didn't get a single win

Elcheris said:
Yeah that was fun for the few minutes I was there. Too bad it was lagging so bad after a while, hopefully that doesn't happen all the time when im around =(

you were Dacitius I was afraid after the match you had with apollo it would be the same for me, but for some reason it was fine.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Did have a satisfying moment last night playing this.

A Trollzama was spamming long range snakes at me in a kinda predictable pattern, so I decided to try the Superhakucounter. Got a Full-Screen counter DD finish.

That was satisfting.

Thinking my problem with BB initially was not accepting that Hakumen despite people really not liking him, is what suits me since what he does is pretty much all I can do well in fighters.

arstal said:
Did have a satisfying moment last night playing this.

A Trollzama was spamming long range snakes at me in a kinda predictable pattern, so I decided to try the Superhakucounter. Got a Full-Screen counter DD finish.

That was satisfting.

Thinking my problem with BB initially was not accepting that Hakumen despite people really not liking him, is what suits me since what he does is pretty much all I can do well in fighters.

mmm? Why do people not like him? So many people use him.

TheSeks

arstal said:
Get some hatemail for using a "scrub character" (mostly from Ragna players)

Just ignore them. You have to play very differently from most of the cast, given most moves of Hakumen's requires a Magatama to do. (At least they do in beginner mode)

Randomly asking around, people say Hakumen is the closest analog to Cody (SSF4)'s gameplay style. But I can't really get into Hakumen. I don't really like his whole defensive approach and his C (or is it his Drive?) being that "throws arm out, barrier" thing really throws me off him. :/

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
mmm? Why do people not like him? So many people use him.
A lot of people don't like Hakumen because he gives the appearance of doing a lot of damage for very little work; he can turn matches around very quickly and can turn a dominating performance into a surprising loss. I'm not saying he deserves the hate, but it's a common complaint.

It's ironic because almost nobody complains about Litchi.

Fugu said:
A lot of people don't like Hakumen because he gives the appearance of doing a lot of damage for very little work; he can turn matches around very quickly and can turn a dominating performance into a surprising loss. I'm not saying he deserves the hate, but it's a common complaint.

It's ironic because almost nobody complains about Litchi.

LOL, if that's the case don't listen to them. Those same people complain about Tagers. I've actually had some guy send me a hatemail saying "YOU CAN ONLY BEAT ME WHEN YOU CORNER ME."

Like why wouldn't I corner you? Corner is the best place to put an opponent.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
LOL, if that's the case don't listen to them. Those same people complain about Tagers. I've actually had some guy send me a hatemail saying "YOU CAN ONLY BEAT ME WHEN YOU CORNER ME."

Welcome to the internet though. It sort of works both ways, because I had one player (despite the fact that he had been losing repeatedly) insist that Bang and Litchi were terrible characters and that Jin was far and away the best in the game.

TheSeks

Volcynika said:
Since I've been away from this thread for a bit, have they announced any more details about when Platinum will be available?

No. And considering Valk still isn't out for 360 players, it may be a month or two.

Edit: Playing CT PSP, and minus the small resolution/terrible sprites the game plays alright. Nu-13/Unlimited Lambada is crazy fast. Or maybe it's just CT running on 333MHz on the PSP.

TheSeks

Wow. Playing CT Lambada/Nu after CS Lamb/Nu is night and day.

Having Act Parser go from 66 on certain moves into a 236A/B/C helped with Lambada's "mind-games."

No longer are you 5DD->66->Combo here. You can 5DD->236A(short hop)/B(Med hop, hit)/C(Long hop, wallbounce) a dude. Nice.

Also they changed the one distro drive from 236236D to 214214D. WTF was that needed for? (Not that I'm complaining, it's more "defensive" orientated now) but still.

Edit: OH WOW. Seriously, Arc? You just gave me "win 100 player matches" for free after I played all characters and am level 17 because a level 43 dude helping me let me win 5-6 matches (even though I told him not to... *siiigh*) while playing against the "rarely used characters I need to play against (*cough*Tao*cough*)." Seriously!?

Well... okay, I'll take that free trophy and not have to worry about player match wins now. Only thing I have to worry about is leveling up to 50 and ranked matches and then I think I'm done with the online. :lol No way in hell I'll ever improve, might as well get the online trophies done and over with and go back to my safety shelter of offline.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TheSeks said:
Wow. Playing CT Lambada/Nu after CS Lamb/Nu is night and day.
Its definitely different...

Going from one of the top 3 chars to mid-tier is an adjustment.

Have not post in while been mostly playing offline .
But what the fuck have they done to Mak .
Fucking arc sys first you destroy Rachel now your going destroy mak some of these things make no fucking sense.
It's not like she even god tier or anything .

Fuck i hope the people i play with offline with don't drop this game because of all these changes .

gundamkyoukai said:
Have not post in while been mostly playing offline .
But what the fuck have they done to Mak .
Fucking arc sys first you destroy Rachel now your going destroy mak some of these things make no fucking sense.
It's not like she even god tier or anything .

Fuck i hope the people i play with offline with don't drop this game because of all these changes .

It's everyone except Rachel that's looking stupid.

TheSeks

Xero: That has to suck when broken mode Noel beats your Noel. :p

TheSeks

xero273 said:
I'll perfect my d spamming skills then I'll get you. :D

I didn't even know BBBA (start of BBBBBBB where Noel will flip all over the place, throw out that thingy, and jump with the gun ender) did the first part, threw out the boomrang-thingy and then switched sides. That had to suck trying to defend against that.

I should've played Trollzama that way, as he has a really wicked combo if it lands as "AAAAAAAAA" in Beginner Mode.

I'm building heat and I'm like "WTF IS HIS KICK DISTRO!? *eating moves* FFFF"

K6hQA.png

anyone want a Plat avatar?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Prototype-03 said:

If anything, Ragnas tend to outdamage Hakumen as is, which is kinda ridiculous, though Ragna takes a good bit more. Then again I tend to use any magatama I can any chance I get, I don't save up for big combos unless I'm getting wailed on.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Wait, so a balance patch is out?
No, but the 4th CS2 location test was the day before yesterday.
The finalized patch comes to arcades this December.

They're increasing anti air properties on some normals (apparently every character has either a 5B or 5C that's air unblockable) and primers round DOWN after bursts. Additionally strong characters like bang and litchi's blockstrings and B'nBs have been retooled to be less effective. This will ideally make the game more fair.

the iPW podcast haunts linked discusses it further (and quite honestly, made me incredibly hyped for the patch), as does this thread on dustloop

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
No, but the 4th CS2 location test was the day before yesterday.
The finalized patch comes to arcades this December.

They're increasing anti air properties on some normals (apparently every character has either a 5B or 5C that's air unblockable) and primers round DOWN after bursts. Additionally strong characters like bang and litchi's blockstrings and B'nBs have been retooled to be less effective. This will ideally make the game more fair.

the iPW podcast haunts linked discusses it further (and quite honestly, made me incredibly hyped for the patch), as does this thread on dustloop

Primers rounding down- does that mean more or less block damage?

It's nice to hear an update on the balance patch. Bang sounds super exciting and risky in his approach now. :D

If anyone on the 360 side is up for a match let me know. I'll be on sometime after 9PM EST today.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wait, so loketests show that Lambda is going to have a much stronger melee game now? More TK combos sounds nice and all but did 5D really need another nerf? Its got a crazy recovery as it is...

Better proration too? Hambda is a movement.

DY_nasty said:
Wait, so loketests show that Lambda is going to have a much stronger melee game now? More TK combos sounds nice and all but did 5D really need another nerf? Its got a crazy recovery as it is...

Better proration too? Hambda is a movement.
My cousin is probably gonna be excited for this as well.:lol

Remember when I said Best Buy was going to fix my TV?

I LIED!

Actually they showed up with the wrong damned parts. No call back. I'm hoping they can't order them and just issue me a credit for a new TV instead. :|

All this talk about hate mail makes me appreciate one of the quantifiable good things about XBL, although not worth $50+ a year, privacy settings that allows me to block messages and voice chat from folks that aren't on my friends list! :D

I know GAF is very liberal about this, but really guys - how often do you let hobos follow you down the street shouting obscenities and begging for change? That's what people in online gaming are to me. Belligerent internet hobos.

TheSeks

GODDAMN IT.

Should've known Akachan was going to go for the Astral as soon as I saw the 100 heat. DAMN IT. >_<

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
The Take Out Bandit said:
Remember when I said Best Buy was going to fix my TV?

I LIED!

Actually they showed up with the wrong damned parts. No call back. I'm hoping they can't order them and just issue me a credit for a new TV instead. :|

All this talk about hate mail makes me appreciate one of the quantifiable good things about XBL, although not worth $50+ a year, privacy settings that allows me to block messages and voice chat from folks that aren't on my friends list! :D

I know GAF is very liberal about this, but really guys - how often do you let hobos follow you down the street shouting obscenities and begging for change? That's what people in online gaming are to me. Belligerent internet hobos.

Which is funny, because I find people are less likely to be idiots on PS3, so the need to shut off non-friends messaging isn't there.

The one feature I would like to see is a block account from connecting to you or vice versa though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
almost got double perfected by a lambda today XD comeback victory for the win... fucking stupid ass instant high low game bullshit.... *that I was finally able to have practice against* <3

arstal said:
Which is funny, because I find people are less likely to be idiots on PS3, so the need to shut off non-friends messaging isn't there.

This is just a stupid meme PS3 fans like to parrot. I owned a PS3 and played a ton of games online, and it got to the point where if I was not playing with friends I would mute the idiots, or thanks to inconsistent game options, just turn on the head set and leave it by the TV so I didn't have to subject myself to the barrage of pre-pubescent bullsh*t being spewed.

2aes8hy.jpg

It's true no matter what console you own. XBL just makes it easier to not be subjected to the morons, like I said I don't think it's worth $50 a year (or whatever they're going to rape folks for next). Flat out the ability to block unwanted communications should be a standard on all systems, ignoring my use of it to not hear idiots; it's also useful for parents who don't want their children to be ear raped or sent text rape.

h3ro said:
All I want is Valkenhayn on 360. What the hell Aksys/MS!?
I remember reading that on 360, every post-release patch or title update after the first one must be paid for by the publisher. At this rate, they might wrap Valk, Plat, and CS 2.0 in the same package to save money.

Top Bottom